YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4927780 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Charlotte Updated (01/26/21) Yang Updated (01/31/21)
#301  February 03, 2021, 11:18:32 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Speaking about Guts, there's OGGY's sprites. Aren't those Hi-res?
Sadly, no.

And come to think of it, I got 2 questions:
1. Why do you always stick with high-res sprites?
2. Will you do a Touhou character?
Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:25:19 pm by TurnPile
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Charlotte Updated (01/26/21) Yang Updated (01/31/21)
#302  February 04, 2021, 03:31:22 am
    • USA
If that's so, he'd supposed to update all of his characters at once, which take lots of efforts and probably he won't have enough time for that.

Yeah, I understand how that can be time consuming. Although I would say it's worth the time to look into.

From what I can tell, his hitboxes are not too biased to register the attacks. Despite of the collusion boxes may be opposite in some cases.

Yeah, I think it's fine for the RED CLSN1 data to remain the way it currently is, and just leave it alone. However, I'll be honest, the BLUE CLSN2 are the ones that are.... pretty bad, to be quite honest. They're so bad that you cannot punish, sweep, air combo, throw, or anything that has basic fundamentals, is thrown out the window... unless.... your opponent is using the exact same Anime char with similar hitboxes, then it's no problem. However everyone else in the MUGEN roster out there is basically f**ked.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Charlotte Updated (01/26/21) 3 Characters Updated (02/03/21)
#303  February 04, 2021, 06:35:03 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Update time.

Adachi
-Fixed an error where Maziodyne would sometimes not disappear when using a distortion drive
Ruby and Yang
-General adjustments to hurtboxes

I probably could have suggested it sooner, but Vanguard Princess has hi-res sprites that can be drawn from and, as freeware, it should be easy to obtain. Big caveat is that the game has a far more traditional gameplay style betraying it's very anime aesthetics, so, it end up playing something closer to Street Fighter, but with assists.

That actually is game that I have played before even though it has been a while, so a character from that game is a possibility.

1. Personal Preference
2. Maybe
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Charlotte Updated (01/26/21) 3 Characters Updated (02/03/21)
#304  February 04, 2021, 07:14:33 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
    • USA
Update time.

Adachi
-Fixed an error where Maziodyne would sometimes not disappear when using a distortion drive
Ruby and Yang
-General adjustments to hurtboxes

I probably could have suggested it sooner, but Vanguard Princess has hi-res sprites that can be drawn from and, as freeware, it should be easy to obtain. Big caveat is that the game has a far more traditional gameplay style betraying it's very anime aesthetics, so, it end up playing something closer to Street Fighter, but with assists.

That actually is game that I have played before even though it has been a while, so a character from that game is a possibility.

1. Personal Preference
2. Maybe

Maybe you could experiment with low-res characters for once and see how they turn out, but maybe do them in a different style to separate them from your other characters. Less ArcSys and more......something else.
#305  February 04, 2021, 11:27:59 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since I got no other feedback to report for the time being and I rather wait for Nep Heart to release his Nitori before I compile another copy ability list for Kirby (Found some more on the list, but don't work with them and not anime/Japanese related this time), thought it would ok to ask since everyone is talking about it. But what other fighting games have you played aside from the ones you made already? When it comes to anime fighters, the ones that come in my mind is AquaPazza and Koihime Enbu. It would be nice to get an idea.

Since hi-res sprites are your preferred use of sprites, I can't imagine seeing you work on anything Marvel vs. Capcom or Capcom vs SNK related as they're all lo-res and probably haven't played those games as much. Although, it is something I personally would like to do.

Maybe you could experiment with low-res characters for once and see how they turn out, but maybe do them in a different style to separate them from your other characters. Less ArcSys and more......something else.
As he stated before, he probably won't do them justice if he never played them. And knowing his catalog of characters, you'll know that most of them consist of anime fighters.

And if Touhou were to happen, I believe the sprites he'll use would be from Hopeless Masquerade/Urban Legend In Limbo. Not sure if they work as I don't know if they have the required sprites.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#306  February 05, 2021, 06:48:26 am
    • USA
thought it would ok to ask since everyone is talking about it. But what other fighting games have you played aside from the ones you made already?

Off the top of my head, as far as games using Hi-res sprites goes:

Arcana Heart 3 LoveMax Six Stars, Vanguard Princess, Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai, The King of Fighters XIII, Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Chaos Code, E's Laf, and Skull Girls.

There might be one or two that I'm forgetting.
#307  February 05, 2021, 09:01:09 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:40:00 am by Gladiacloud
#308  February 05, 2021, 05:14:34 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
    • USA
thought it would ok to ask since everyone is talking about it. But what other fighting games have you played aside from the ones you made already?

Arcana Heart 3 LoveMax Six Stars, Vanguard Princess, Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai, The King of Fighters XIII, Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Chaos Code, E's Laf, and Skull Girls.

Aquapazza and Daemonbride.
#309  February 05, 2021, 05:23:12 pm
    • Brazil
There's also Sengoku Basara X and Fist of The North Star.

lui

#310  February 05, 2021, 07:38:13 pm
    • USA
1. Personal Preference
2. Maybe

Are fan-made High res sprited characters out of the question? Like idk those high res Devil May Cry characters? (Not a request im just asking a general question)
#311  February 05, 2021, 08:16:09 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.

Would the 360/XB1/Xbox Series X version of Neo Geo Battle Coliseum count as hi-res?
I remember that they redid all the character sprites for that version.
#312  February 05, 2021, 08:44:18 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
    • USA
1. Personal Preference
2. Maybe

Are fan-made High res sprited characters out of the question? Like idk those high res Devil May Cry characters? (Not a request im just asking a general question)

He'd recently released Charlotte from PMMM, which are fan-made sprites.
I'm guessing he won't really touch characters from stuff he hasn't seen/watched because he wouldn't "give them justice".
#313  February 05, 2021, 11:20:34 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
And if Touhou were to happen, I believe the sprites he'll use would be from Hopeless Masquerade/Urban Legend In Limbo. Not sure if they work as I don't know if they have the required sprites.

There are a few who have crouch-like animations, which is the closest he can work with. Ibukah's Reimu actually pulls it off fantastically that you'd think she can crouch and crouch attack in the source.
Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 11:38:25 pm by Nep Heart
#314  February 06, 2021, 06:24:44 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
    • USA

There are a few who have crouch-like animations, which is the closest he can work with. Ibukah's Reimu actually pulls it off fantastically that you'd think she can crouch and crouch attack in the source.

And a few fan-made ones, like Dager's Tenshi.
#315  February 06, 2021, 10:06:06 pm
    • USA
Daemon Bride.

Aquapazza and Daemonbride.

There's also Sengoku Basara X and Fist of The North Star.

I think you guys misunderstood the question that I was answering:

Those games you have listed are not games that I have played.
#316  February 07, 2021, 02:18:39 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Personally speaking, I'm looking forward to seeing more characters from UNIB, BBTAG and MAAB to be taken shape in your style because recently your version of Bisclavret just too good. It's a pity that I haven't experienced those games in the past.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#317  February 07, 2021, 11:40:46 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So it can be possible. And I think he'll also be limited those games only, so no characters from the classic 3 using the lo-res sprites. Plus you, RicePigeon and Kohaku have already covered them anyway.

And I forgot about Antinomy of Common Flowers. Just by watching videos of those 3 modern Touhou fighting games since I've never played them, I can tell the last words can work as astral heats very well. It will be interesting to see how he will integrate those.

Those games you have listed are not games that I have played.
That's exactly the reason why I asked so I can narrow down the characters should you decide to make. And I already had a feeling you haven't played Aquapazza since that particular game is not so easily obtainable. Even though it has been localized, it's only been released on PS3 and nowhere else. So unless you own one, you probably won't be able to play it.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Once you release something on the internet, there is nothing that can be done about it the moment it is out in the public. That's why there's a note on his character readmes reminding others that downloading elsewhere that isn't this forum or his site won't be the latest version.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#318  February 09, 2021, 03:30:34 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
By the way OHMSBY, i know this doesn't really have anything to do with the characters & stuff,
but do you back up all your characters & all the stuff that's on your Google Drive?

I ask because i heard the developer of Terreria canceled a planned Stadia version
because Google suspended his accounts for apparently no clear reason
& has been giving him "the runaround" for 3 weeks when he tried to get them back.
#319  February 10, 2021, 09:08:43 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
#320  February 11, 2021, 02:05:23 pm
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
this is kinda off-topic but what's the importance of the Detect Attribute Helper?