YesNoOk

The CS Discussion Thread (Read 1918122 times)

Started by Froz, August 14, 2013, 06:40:53 am
Share this topic:

DW

Re: The CS Discussion Thread
#141  January 05, 2014, 06:05:16 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
is any one out there interested in doing Kyosuke?
No takers? Well then he's definitely my next project.
http://i.imgur.com/uJ4iL5x.png
I most likely won't be doing the collar since I don't think that it looks that great and I'm debating weather or not I should make his glove option fingerless only (no full glove Dexter palette).

Yes! I had asked atp to CS him, though I wasn't going to start on him till after I finish Rock. Where would Batsu and Hinata fit in with this? Along with the aspect of hi-res pal FX added in with it? Which usually takes up about 3 rows by itself. I suppose Batsu and Hinata don't need to be CS'd. Definitely like the look of this. :)
#142  January 05, 2014, 10:49:26 pm
I plan to do a minor separation on them just so that things like hair and skin don't have to share colors.

DW

#143  January 05, 2014, 11:05:54 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I was planning to add a winpose and maybe their stance for them. As when Kyosuke KOs p2 with Final Grade Remix, they'll stay out and pose with him.
#144  January 06, 2014, 12:36:12 am
Sounds good. I'm guessing that you'll get the poses from Li_Kun's Hinata and Batsu then?
#145  January 06, 2014, 02:09:50 am
That Kyosuke CS looks good.  I would probably forgo the collar separation for sure, but if you're going through the trouble of doing the finger-less gloves, why not just separate the fingers too?

Only thing I'd suggest is separating her arms from her torso so she doesn't have to expose her vag every time she wants to show off her arms. I'd also be willing to help with this.

Yeah, the torso should be separated out, and I'd probably do the front and the sides as well.  Tracing around those ruffle things would be a pain in the ass though, as the aliasing blends in with the surrounding colors.

Here's a couple other concepts.
Hulk

The Hulkster would be simple and quick with only the hair, eyes, torn shirt, and belt buckle needing to be separated.  He'd be great for someone who wanted to get into CSing sprites for the first time, or someone with an unoccupied weekend.

Q-Bee

Like Victor, I'd like to see some lesser-known characters get some love too, and her's came out better than I expected.  The biggest problem with Q-Bee is that she has a fuck-ton of sprites.

DW

#146  January 06, 2014, 02:29:35 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#147  January 06, 2014, 02:38:55 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Since I was bored, I thought about some things, and of course, I made a separation for fun. I don't think that I'm going to actually do this, but if I do, well I'll get to that later:

Cassandra from RotD. The thing with this is her outfit, as well as the weird anti-aliasing on this and other RotD sprites. Editing will have to be done to not make most palettes look weird, which is why I may not do it. I also did concepts of Billy and Jimmy, but my head could not take the weirdness of the colors chosen for their clothes.
#148  January 06, 2014, 02:48:22 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
iirc, the rotd sprites were made in korea, that might explain the weirdness.I would lvoe a cassandra cs but I understand not wanting to redraw pixels.
#149  January 06, 2014, 03:04:04 am
That Kyosuke CS looks good.  I would probably forgo the collar separation for sure, but if you're going through the trouble of doing the finger-less gloves, why not just separate the fingers too?

I couldn't think of any palettes that look good to me at the time. The fingerless version looks miles better than the fully covered hand so I figured that it'd be pointless to include extra color indexes that no one would want to use. That Dexter and the rest of you has swayed my opinion.
#150  January 06, 2014, 04:24:40 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Since I was bored, I thought about some things, and of course, I made a separation for fun. I don't think that I'm going to actually do this, but if I do, well I'll get to that later:

Cassandra from RotD. The thing with this is her outfit, as well as the weird anti-aliasing on this and other RotD sprites. Editing will have to be done to not make most palettes look weird, which is why I may not do it. I also did concepts of Billy and Jimmy, but my head could not take the weirdness of the colors chosen for their clothes.

Please!
Make it happen!
It offers nice combinations.
#151  January 06, 2014, 06:12:59 am
  • I do use dark colors. . . : \
    • kurotoboe.deviantart.com
Now i feel like CS'ing a character. . .just don't know who though. . .
I'm trying. . .
#152  January 06, 2014, 06:23:55 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

Please!
Make it happen!
It offers nice combinations.

If someone would like to edit the way the sprites are shaded when I'm done, I'll be glad to after I finish Lynn, who will also need to be edited.

#153  January 06, 2014, 07:52:07 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Let´s discuss color separation then:

May do one of these eventually. Went quite simple for Gambit since I can´t get the shading in the helmet part. May be for the best and save me headaches.

Talking about headaches:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Chilling
#154  January 07, 2014, 02:41:15 am
Good luck with Gambit if you do decide to go through with it, I remember him being a gigantic pain in the dick to try and separate.  As for Omega Red, I believe IMT released a version with some color separation.  I can't comment on the quality of it, but it might be useful as a starting point at least.
#155  January 07, 2014, 09:51:36 am
  • Spriter-in-Training
  • Learning new ways to sprite
    • USA
    • Skype - altherprimus
Neat separations, I especially like the Victor, Mika, and Orochi ones xD

BTW, how does this look for a colorsep?  I tried not to go TOO overboard :p

I might actually try to make this one, what do you guys think?

Spoiler: for Rugal (click to see content)
Xan (on Skype) said:
Because fuck logic it's mugen

The reason I don't post more is because 1: I rarely have anything to say, and 2: I stink at saying it XP
#156  January 07, 2014, 10:00:04 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Good luck with Gambit if you do decide to go through with it, I remember him being a gigantic pain in the dick to try and separate.

He certainly is but one day I wake up in a crazy mood I´ll start it. I´ve trying to learn how the hair is shaded and the outlines that separate some elements. A little of guesswork but is functional, the important is to make it look consistent. I may do Tung Fu Rue first just to get in the mood, he is pretty easy.

That Tifa separation is pretty nice. Great stuff.
Chilling
#157  January 09, 2014, 09:33:47 pm

So I did this last night all in one go. Turns out that I forgot to extract the flies from the focus attack animated .gif, but as of this morning everything else is done. I ill upload the sheet when I finish that focus later on today (I gotta shovel my great aunt's driveway now).

Kyosuke is still my next project, but I gotta do some other projects like this one for other people that I should get done first.
Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:39:28 pm by Drex
#158  January 09, 2014, 09:52:45 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
That looks amazing. Good thing I don´t have to update the small portrait since the color of her face still match.

In case you´re wondering:

Not indexed.
Chilling
#159  January 09, 2014, 10:08:27 pm
It was included in the sprites that were sent to me. It's cool.
#160  January 09, 2014, 10:10:58 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Ah, didn´t knew that. That´s good.
Chilling