YesNoOk

The CS Discussion Thread (Read 1883954 times)

Started by Froz, August 14, 2013, 06:40:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: The CS Discussion Thread
#1081  August 17, 2017, 06:29:30 am
    • USA

We are disrupting this topic, but seeing as you insist, there are plenty more where these came from, over the years, not just you. I'm not going to pick out every single thing too lazy, but you see the pattern.. 20 pages or so? With you in it.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1082  August 19, 2017, 03:06:40 am
    • USA
@L.E.O.N:
If you want to try making some or anyone. Let me know if you ever want these sff btw.

They share the same CS, however the eyes and hair are separate

I will make one for Akari, once I decide on her CS.
#1083  August 23, 2017, 06:52:36 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
@Rei I find some time and finally FINISHED MAY LEE'S CS!!! Since I don't know how to make templates I put some images here:

Man I really need to know how to make these kind of things, templates, gifs... I'm lazy as hell. :/
Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 06:15:56 pm by L.E.O.N
#1084  August 26, 2017, 02:12:44 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
@L.E.O.N:
If you want to try making some or anyone. Let me know if you ever want these sff btw.

They share the same CS, however the eyes and hair are separate

I will make one for Akari, once I decide on her CS.

Sure! I'm on it!  :thumbsup:

Finished Goenitz's pals, sorry for delaying this.

Alt version.

#1085  August 26, 2017, 02:53:21 am
  • Niigasan
Holy hell those are gorgeous
#1086  August 26, 2017, 06:43:49 am
    • USA
Sick pals, probably do that rework sooner than later. That is a great mix of purples and the like.
Speaking of MayLee.. While I was about to make pals, I know its a bit late, but apparently this sprite set is a thing. You can clearly see the difference in quality.

I have to start making templates as well, but even without a template it's just as simple. Here are some I've done. Looking at other pals really inspires me to try new things and methods of cs. I'll try to make an entire set of customs as well for all this stuff. 

#1087  August 26, 2017, 10:06:50 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
That's Nice! So about the May Lee's sff  Should I send to you?
#1088  August 26, 2017, 03:52:29 pm
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Love this color separation thread. You guys got nice stuff.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#1089  August 26, 2017, 07:04:01 pm
    • USA
Whose Maylee is the CS based on? I'd suggest a patch for it, if not, I can do it for you. Personally for my own use, I'm going to use the new set, which is already partially separated, though lacking the Hero mode that never fit imo, but that's no real loss. Also Layanor could probably use this, I can make a patch for your character as well.

Also, after Kaede, if not another LB character, probably going to do that Cham Cham, sprites look really good. Also if someone could make a template for his Maylee CS. He put a lot of time into it.
Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 07:43:46 pm by Seiryū
#1090  August 26, 2017, 08:09:43 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Holy hell those are gorgeous

Thanks Man! Glad you like it!!

Whose Maylee is the CS based on? I'd suggest a patch for it, if not, I can do it for you. Personally for my own use, I'm going to use the new set, which is already partially separated, though lacking the Hero mode that never fit imo, but that's no real loss. Also Layanor could probably use this, I can make a patch for your character as well.

Hmm the MayLee  i have here is by KoopaKoot. This patch thing... I don't know how to do.  :disappointed:
Didn't see this new set before it's really cool !!  I rarely play with her so I didn't look for other versions,
this was good to train CS characters.
#1091  August 26, 2017, 08:22:56 pm
    • USA
I agree! I love seeing it, you've come so far in such a short period of time. No limits to it really, idk if you are still interested after your first character lol is finally done. Probably be good to take a break, but the next level would be adding accessories such as gloves, glasses, etc(as far as advancement) Not really necessary though. Your pals are definitely improving, I'm impressed. Yeah, I recently came across them myself and it'd be a shame to put such beautiful sprites to such waste. I can put the sff together no worries or the author can himself. If he cares.

@Koop:
I think it's this person.

#1092  August 26, 2017, 09:02:43 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Thanks Man!! You technically encourage me in CSing characters, so Thanks for that too!! I'm still interested in CSing characters, now I need to decided the next character i'll spend months to CS again.  :laugh3:

MayLee was a little bit difficult because the blue parts only have three colors, and in many sprites where the same color parts were together I kinda needed to edit myself, Damn that's hard as hell!!  :sweatdrop:
Talking about that, I would appreciate if you could take a look at the .sff, since I'm just a beginner in this stuff, would be great having a experienced person look into it. Only you have time of course!
Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 12:55:24 am by L.E.O.N
#1093  August 26, 2017, 10:03:18 pm
    • USA
That's good you took up the challenge and succeeded. Well again I suggest a character you want to see. I like to mix it up. I primarily stick to SF & KOF games, but like to jazz it up. Currently in a Samsho, Last Blade, Ninja Masters mode myself. Send it, I'll take a look. Also yes it takes time lol. CSing Kaede, whom is two characters in one, I literally CS everything twice so it feels infinite, but the end result is hype. Dark outlines are so annoying. KOF and DS characters especially. Come up with a list of characters, maybe some will also be interested in helping you decide.
#1094  August 27, 2017, 12:59:59 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
@Rei I sent the CS to you in a PM but I forget you don't check PMs lol
So should I post here?
#1095  August 27, 2017, 06:08:28 am
    • USA
Lmfao I'll get it & sorry about that. I do get annoyed at the amount of requests I get, so I tend to just ignore them. Thank you for your time and effort you put into this. I'll be sure to look at it tomorrow and give feedback. Glad to hear you plan to continue with it. I don't mind helping you work on anything if you are ever interested, with me, it's a mutual exchange, we help each other, we both learn, everyone wins. Continue to try new things, its inspiration to do better seeing others improve.
#1096  August 28, 2017, 02:21:19 am
wow that goenitz is nice! who made him? any download link?
#1097  August 28, 2017, 04:21:40 am
    • USA
No one has made a Goenitz yet.

Only thing I could find, are the usual missing pixels here and there. 30180 for example. What it does is create flicking during animations. Those are easily fixed though & usually easier to spot when doing animations. This is a very well done first attempt. Great job.

I can see though, that the eyes are still shared with the skin.
I made a default based on the set I am using.

@Layanor: Would you be interested in this for your game? Read above.
Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:25:05 am by Seiryū
#1098  August 28, 2017, 05:06:10 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Damn how did that happened?! XD
To be honest I didn't know if that was her skin or her eyes, the eyes are weird as hell. so the lighter parts beside the eyes are the sclera hmm interesting... well, I guess i'll try to fix it! 
Anyway, Thanks you Rei!
#1099  August 28, 2017, 12:02:49 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
funny to see a very tan May Lee "regular color"
The pant's color is nice tough. Not CVS like, but reminds me NGBC style colors. And I liked NGBC color type.
#1100  August 28, 2017, 03:44:19 pm
    • USA
It really depends on the light source on the sprites. It looks more tan, because the lightest tone is neutral & not brighter. It'd have to be not as vibrant, it varies with character. There is no 100% sweet spot yet. It's still a kof sprite, no amount of CS will completely change that, but it works.