YesNoOk

Yagyu Jubei by Trololo - Released (Read 18990 times)

Started by Trololo, March 09, 2021, 09:16:24 am
Share this topic:
Re: Yagyu Jubei by Trololo - Released
#21  March 10, 2021, 04:24:06 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Yes more samurai showdown chars with these hitsparks....

I've dreamed with the day that cham cham gets the same treatment, i need her for my SNK HEROINES.

It been years and you still cant stop yourself from discussing other characters you want in release threads.
#22  March 11, 2021, 12:29:28 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
- Some characters are not getting up after being hit by Issen. (It happens against all Jzilla's chars, some chars by Buckus and Koopakoot's Zangief).
#23  March 11, 2021, 12:45:08 am
    • USA

Um Trololo, The opponent still get's frozen by Yagyu Shingan Tou.
#24  March 11, 2021, 01:02:24 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
- Some characters are not getting up after being hit by Issen. (It happens against all Jzilla's chars, some chars by Buckus and Koopakoot's Zangief).

Siiiiiiiigh... Are there going to be problems with collapse animations too...? OK, will check them out later, can't right now, but at this point, I can just wrap Jubei up and forget him like a nightmare, since the use of the enemy's own animations is a big part of moves that suffer, and if I can't do that, then just screw it...

Um Trololo, The opponent still get's frozen by Yagyu Shingan Tou.

OK, now THIS is ridiculous at this point. This move doesn't use the enemy's animations anymore. It uses Jubei's own custom animation, with basic damage sprites. How can this not work yet? Which characters do that?
#25  March 11, 2021, 01:08:44 am
    • USA

OK, now THIS is ridiculous at this point. This move doesn't use the enemy's animations anymore. It uses Jubei's own custom animation, with basic damage sprites. How can this not work yet? Which characters do that?
varo_hades's Sodom.
Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 01:14:57 am by SwordmasterZack
#26  March 11, 2021, 01:19:41 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
#27  March 11, 2021, 04:40:40 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Got some more feedback a little more extensive testing:
-Nikkaku Ratou doesn't have both step sounds playing on each step.
-After changing the first projectile on Zetsu Suigetsutou to be contactable, it's too far away from him and will miss just by being super close to him as he's wide open with a simple basic attack, interrupt the super completely:

The super won't hit them even though they're literally this close?

Also after looking a the run animation again, I don't understand why can't you just add the sound in still. Just put this code on the run animation and call it a day:

Code:
[State 110, Dash Sound]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = AnimElem = 1
value = 110,0

It doesn't matter if it's barely hearable or mixes with the step sounds. The point is that the dash dust once he starts running does not produce a sound at all. I've familiar myself with PotS style characters and know they have a sound effect once the dash dust comes out. The purpose of (110,0) is supposed to serve as an indicator when the character started to dash or run. Same goes with the specials.

He's not talking about EX only move, he's talking about the 3 counter moves (Which I realized they still uses them).
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#28  March 11, 2021, 01:09:52 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
OK, Jubei is updated again.
-Now Jubei's counters trigger the enemy to use universal animations instead of Guard Crush too. Sigh... It's always like that: you want to make thing as good as possible, but things say "No!" and you have to butcher what you've got. That really made me sad, but nothing can I do here, working mechanics > aesthetics.
-You won, I've added that goddamn dash sound to run. Sorry if I sound aggressive here, but it really works both ways: what does having it really give? Was it really that worthy to force down my throat when he has game-breaking mistakes to fix?
-Fixed step sounds at Nikkaku Ratou's and Geri Souran Jin's running parts.
-Fixed Zetsu Suigetsutou's whiffing at the close distance problem.
-Fixed Issen problem without actual casualties. Credit goes to KarmaCharmeleon again, stole codes from her Haoh's Issen.
-Also fixed yet the unnoticed problem of foreground overlaying Issen's slash effect.
Now seriously, I'm sorry for bitching. I guess, I just coldn't take too well a character I tried to all out on (of course, not without forgetting some small details) without some bullshit reason like it was with Cody to have so many not just mistakes, but goddamn game-breakers I had cut out good parts to fix. Now counters and guard-crusher don't feel the same anymore...

DW

#29  March 11, 2021, 03:14:06 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Don't be too hard on yourself. Mugen is a fickle mistress and a lot of us have to do work-arounds to make things work. It's the nature of the beast. Over time, we may be able to get it the way you want it to be, but for now, you understand:

working mechanics > aesthetics

^This is always more important. I much rather be able to play the nice char you made bug free. As opposed to just a special animation messing things up. I'm willing to try and lend my noodle to the problem and you can keep inquiring about it as well. Should be able to figure something out. Keep ya head up, brodie. Be proud of what you've accomplished.
#30  March 12, 2021, 04:24:56 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
And sorry again: no video again. Too lazy to make one, TBH.

Did one for you. ;)

So far i've got no issues from Issen or other skills, tested mostly against Rowen's edits (like Mr. Karate in the video).
You did well once again Trololo.
#31  March 12, 2021, 06:29:11 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Thanks, Gui!
Is that Rowen's edit of Victory's Mr.Karate? I need to check him out, I don't really like that LVL2 Yagyu Muni Raten sometimes whiff on him.
Also, just a little thing: you CAN cancel from the low slash of Uppercut part of Nikkaku Ratou. The window is just very strict.

#32  March 12, 2021, 11:30:44 am
In my opinion all characters from samurai showdown should have a version like this, it's very consistent.

A mugen game of samurai showdown with all characters made in this way would be perfect.

The sprites from samurai 5 and 6 are the most updated to make the conversations.
Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 11:34:12 am by Mazemerald.
#33  March 12, 2021, 01:29:40 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Thanks, Gui!
Is that Rowen's edit of Victory's Mr.Karate? I need to check him out, I don't really like that LVL2 Yagyu Muni Raten sometimes whiff on him.

No prob. ;)
And yep, it is the edit from Victorys version.

Also, just a little thing: you CAN cancel from the low slash of Uppercut part of Nikkaku Ratou. The window is just very strict.

Oh i get it! Thanks for the tip. :)
#34  March 13, 2021, 12:16:56 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

I don't know if it's a bit late, but finally I tried the character. (updated version)
I kind of tweaked the regular palette to give a CVS feeling.
Basically, getting rid of the darker tones and reducing contrast in some areas.
Overall, it will mix up better with other POTS/CVS characters even if not perfect.

It's just a photoshop tweak. A small contribution.
Is it worth I convert it as an actual palette file?
#35  March 13, 2021, 01:16:52 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
To be honest, it would be better if there would be more difference between them since the one I use as default now (which is a port of "SamSho 5 Special" palette A) will not go away. It's pretty good, but they feel too same. Maybe you could use different tones for GI and for Pants from what he got already, or maybe even play around with other CvS characters' colors?
Well, thanks anyway. Any feedback?
[EDIT]: tried out to make a CvS-like palette myself the way I told you (took the colors from Waru's Haoh and Todoh palettes). Really like the result, from now on that'll be a default palette.

[EDIT 2]:
Small update again:
-The said palette included.
-The Portraits folder is back, and it's not empty anymore.
-Edited Nikkaku Ratou's (and similar) uppercut part to improve hit count and juggling.
Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 08:59:33 am by Trololo
#36  March 13, 2021, 08:57:21 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
No problem.

Since I'm slow, at least, I know it's not needed i convert it into a file.
#37  March 15, 2021, 08:19:23 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Thanks my good lad. Only extreme nitpick now is EX Hasso Happa where the slash hitsounds are overlapped by the swing sounds.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#38  March 17, 2021, 07:24:58 pm
  • For honor!
I must say I'm kinda surprised with this one. Interesting adaptation of the Mu No Kyochi and you definitely did your homework overall. I will say though that like in SamSho 2019, I kinda feel that Jubei's projectiles, Zetsu Suigetsutou pillars, and the Hasso Happa fx being just orange makes them kinda blank looking when compared to the older games where they flickered between orange and blue every couple of frames.

Not bad at all though.
Iroha stripped for me
#39  March 19, 2021, 05:51:38 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Sorry for the late reply. Got myself a "Yakuza Kiwami 2" recently, meaning I'll be barely online, it's hardcore gaming time for me.

I must say I'm kinda surprised with this one. Interesting adaptation of the Mu No Kyochi and you definitely did your homework overall. I will say though that like in SamSho 2019, I kinda feel that Jubei's projectiles, Zetsu Suigetsutou pillars, and the Hasso Happa fx being just orange makes them kinda blank looking when compared to the older games where they flickered between orange and blue every couple of frames.

Not bad at all though.

Thanks.
And I dunno about effect colors. Hi-Resed effects don't work as well when they're multicolored. Besides, Jubei's palette doesn't have enough place for 3rd color, so even if I'd want to do something like this, I wouldn't really be able, since not all palettes would require said blinking.

Thanks my good lad. Only extreme nitpick now is EX Hasso Happa where the slash hitsounds are overlapped by the swing sounds.

Thanks. That's fixed.
Also, as a part of the small update, I changed Yagyu Sougetsu Jin a bit: while in normal gameplay Jubei will be stuck in the first attack's state until you do a follow-up or the enemy recovers, with active Mu No Kyochi this limitation is taken off. Jubei can recover LONG before the enemy, meaning THERE it'll serve as Guard Break in a classic way. It'll cost a meter anyway, and in a mode that constantly and quite seriously eats said meter up, the pay up for non-damage guard break is serious loss of Mu No Kyoshi's time and, correspondingly, damage you can possibly deal with this thing on. Long startup adds up to the effect too, by doing so you'll be exchanging big damage for a small, but guaranteed one.