YesNoOk

Collab: Five Nights at Famicom Guest Stars! (Read 33199 times)

Started by Jango, December 19, 2014, 04:01:25 am
Re: Collab: Five Nights at Famicom Guest Stars!
#41  December 23, 2014, 11:15:09 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Here krang

dont know if this one would work
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#42  December 24, 2014, 11:48:50 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
A few more.
Some edits, some straight up copypastes.

#43  December 25, 2014, 12:04:58 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
It's hard to tell if some of these are meant to be floating or just being far away.

Shit
#44  December 25, 2014, 12:08:35 am
I thought these had to have a certain shading style like the examples in the first post, not random images that fit in the template...
#45  December 25, 2014, 12:14:15 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I might have misunderstood, as far as I understood nes style sprites of monsters- mascots were what he was going for.
#46  December 25, 2014, 12:16:32 am
  • Shit
From the way I imagine it, these would look completely different from the animatronics or any of the guests that are made into a likely style. Copy 'n pasting things from unlikely games is just... a big no. It would ruin the stage.

Shit
#47  December 25, 2014, 12:24:32 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Jango told me the first ones were fine. guess I will wait to see if he wants to use any of those others Ive edited slightly.
#48  December 25, 2014, 05:38:43 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
At this point I dunno if anyone cares about me documenting challenges, but I'm nursing a cold right now, so everything I grade is just by my own appraisals. Also apparently I need to do some rule clarification but first, the entries.

Hah, nice. I can imagine that dude crawling through a vent.

I'll probably go for the first one, but yay I can actually use your art now!

Fun fact: I am a huge fan of this movie. Consider it in!
Here another one Chuky

original sprite by Balthazar
I'll ask Balth if he's okay with putting it in

Looks cool, no need to edit anything. My main thing was not having something reach across half the stage because then it would look super awkward when it blinked out.

Ahahaha, Bender. Might use the first one.
a goddamn orgy of entries
holy shit, I'm gonna look over each of these and pick the best ones (although Wreck-it-Ralph and Evil Animatronic Bugs Bunny are in, and I really want to get that spider in)
That first sprite looks like a good concept. However, like I've said before a few times, focus less on color variety and more on establishing details and dynamic shading. For example, I'd get rid of the blue for the sword and use multiple shades of gray to make it look like a katana (I dunno, I didn't watch Hellsing so I dunno if those are katanas).

That vent sprite is DELICIOUS though, I don't care if it's from a creepypasta (I didn't even know what the source creepypasta was either, and now I want to know). Also, I'm curious, what's the palette you used for it? I'd guess one of the Gameboy Color backwards compatibility palettes, but I'm probably way off.

Bizarro Santamorphman link=topic=163975.msg2061940#msg2061940 date=1419305168[img said:
http://i.imgur.com/NBT4y3q.png[/img]
/thread

Pretty nice.

Some updates on Tomura.

And a Sai. Dunno what to do with the palette.
Tomura looks excellent, and Sai... well I think it's funny!

Here krang

It's a bit big for it, but... maybe.

Also holy shit, you're the thread MVP or SOMETHING.

NOW FOR THE UNFUN ADMINISTRATIVE SHIT :( :( :(

I thought these had to have a certain shading style like the examples in the first post, not random images that fit in the template...
While that would be cool, let's be honest: If that was all that was allowed, there'd be nothing but entries from old Rare games. Also it's common for Hong Kong bootlegs to have inconsistency up the yin-yang, so it's fine.

From the way I imagine it, these would look completely different from the animatronics or any of the guests that are made into a likely style. Copy 'n pasting things from unlikely games is just... a big no. It would ruin the stage.
Alright, so lemme just get this out of the way. Never did I say you *couldn't* copy-paste shit into the templates. I mean obviously I'm going to gravitate towards originally sprited works, but if something is edited and it either looks good or is funny, it should be okay.

Also, I want to mention that there will be two variations of the stage, one which will just feature the FNaF2 animatronics, and one with the cameos. So if anyone is concerned about consistency, well the whole second alt stage is going to be devoted to silliness.

FINALLY, I thought this was a given, and I don't want to sound like a dick, but I'm not obligated to use every single entry here. I mean, yeah it would be cool to have all of them in, but then the cameos would pretty much be dominated by Iced and City_Hunter. I want to have a good variety of sprite styles and a good variety of artists in there.

Also you should totes sprite something, MotorRoach
#49  December 25, 2014, 05:36:41 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Thx I actually really like contributing to this project but i would not mind letting others contribute to
#50  December 25, 2014, 07:48:20 pm
  • Swiggety Swootys, Girls have those cooties.
    • USA
    • jonathan15803@gmail.com
Okay to set the season right here he is again.
I also said the hell with it and made him in two vents. these two aren't necessary, I was just bored. Thoughts?
murey crispmas too.
*burp*
#51  December 25, 2014, 08:32:53 pm
  • Spriter-in-Training
  • Learning new ways to sprite
    • USA
    • Skype - altherprimus
That first sprite looks like a good concept. However, like I've said before a few times, focus less on color variety and more on establishing details and dynamic shading. For example, I'd get rid of the blue for the sword and use multiple shades of gray to make it look like a katana (I dunno, I didn't watch Hellsing so I dunno if those are katanas).

That vent sprite is DELICIOUS though, I don't care if it's from a creepypasta (I didn't even know what the source creepypasta was either, and now I want to know). Also, I'm curious, what's the palette you used for it? I'd guess one of the Gameboy Color backwards compatibility palettes, but I'm probably way off.

Thank you for the crits, I wasn't sure how to deal with his grey jacket, and it looked odd without anything to differentiate the face from the rest of his attire, hence the skin tone.  He uses knives, so I figured that a single color would be sufficient since they aren't multicolored.  I'll probably try to fix this one later.

Godzilla NES Creepypasta.  You're actually correct, by the way, the red Gameboy colors xD
Xan (on Skype) said:
Because fuck logic it's mugen

The reason I don't post more is because 1: I rarely have anything to say, and 2: I stink at saying it XP
#52  December 25, 2014, 09:23:22 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hope I'm not late.

At first, I tried limiting myself to NES colors (which indeed I used), but I decided "fuck everything" and use two colors from the SNES (I think; I'm really bad when it comes to this stuff, so forgive my impudence).
If anyone can guess where the ungodly parts of this mess came from, you get a cookie ;)
This is a generic forum signature.
#53  December 26, 2014, 11:14:40 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
#54  December 27, 2014, 12:11:13 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Made Evil Weird Sonic
Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:16:17 am by likiji123
#55  December 27, 2014, 04:37:00 am
For your fighting game stage based on shitty animatronic horror game, an animatronic from a shitty fighting game?

#56  December 27, 2014, 05:19:46 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Well look like it wasent my last one

Credit to the original spriter
#57  December 31, 2014, 04:28:09 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
well was bored tonight so here one more

Did not really know what to do with the skin color
#58  December 31, 2014, 06:15:02 am
  • Shit
I'm really loving these, although I feel it'd be more fitting if some of them had that pre-rendered shading look to them, it would make it a lot more fitting to the stage.

Shit
#59  January 06, 2015, 11:54:03 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Woah hey, sorry for not posting in a while. As you may have heard, I was having some computer problems (namely, my rabbit tried to reorganize my cables and destroyed them in the process), so I haven't been able to do anything for a while.

HOWEVER, I made two tonight.

From the teaser on Scott's site for FNaF3

IT'S ALL OGRE NOW
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#60  January 08, 2015, 02:57:11 am

Attempted a hallway one.