YesNoOk

HipHop/Rap Megathread Discussion (Read 30987 times)

Started by Good Ol' Liftset., May 11, 2008, 03:22:31 am
Share this topic:
HipHop/Rap Megathread Discussion
#1  May 11, 2008, 03:22:31 am
  • Back to the business....
If you do, put up a song or something.
Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 06:03:51 am by #Shaun
Re: HipHop/Rap Megathread Discussion
#2  May 11, 2008, 03:39:59 am
  • corner push pusher
As far as rappers go I'm a pretty huge fan of Del The Funky Homosapien.
#3  May 11, 2008, 03:42:55 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
It's a long shot, but does Anthrax/Public Enemy - Bring the Noise count? It's a hybrid. :P
#4  May 11, 2008, 03:48:29 am
  • corner push pusher
Yes. So does Walk This Way with Run-D.M.C and Aerosmith :afro:
#5  May 11, 2008, 03:48:34 am
Jay-Z
Common
The Lox
G-Unit
AZ
Nas
Cormega
Consequence
Beanie Sigel
Black Rob
Blu
CNN
Cassidy
50 Cal
Joe Buddens
Ransom
Uncle Murder
Papoose
TAlib Kweli
Young Buck
Young Gunz
Hell Rell
Stack Bundles
and many more....
#6  May 11, 2008, 05:00:12 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#7  May 11, 2008, 06:59:49 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Yes, I listen to rap. Panzermanathod was once Manofmathod (Method Man). Wujizah? Wu (Tang), and one of its members, Gza/Jizah. My Mugen team is "Mu-Tang Clan".

Anyway, I also like MF Doom, ICP, Twiztid, Eminem, and a few others I don't feel like naming off because it's 1 in the morning.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#8  May 11, 2008, 07:23:50 am
  • Searching with my Good Eye Closed
Yes, I listen to rap. Panzermanathod was once Manofmathod (Method Man). Wujizah? Wu (Tang), and one of its members, Gza/Jizah. My Mugen team is "Mu-Tang Clan".

Anyway, I also like MF Doom, ICP, Twiztid, Eminem, and a few others I don't feel like naming off because it's 1 in the morning.

Everything except  ICP and Twiztid
#9  May 11, 2008, 07:32:17 am
  • corner push pusher

Everything except  ICP and Twiztid 2003+.

Roots Manuva and practically everyone at NinjaTune (still the best record label in the business). Back in the day NinjaTune really opened some doors for a lot of unknown artists for me to get into (thanks to the shoutouts in their CD booklets).
#10  May 11, 2008, 07:59:01 am
That's both after 2003 or just Twiztid, because I am a bit more fond of ICP's stuff from back in the day, as well as Twiztids.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#11  May 11, 2008, 06:09:29 pm
You guys buy mixtapes?
#12  May 11, 2008, 08:21:32 pm
  • As I come in alone, I leave alone.
For your initial question, I listen to rap occasionally.  Even though it is not one of my favorite genres, I find the rap songs of the 90s more to my liking such as Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, and those of the like.  However, nowadays, rap has even less interest than it did back then.

As for the current question about buying mixtape, I don't buy mixtapes.  Listening to them from music videos or from someone else who has a mixtape or the original CD (or cassette if they still have something like that) is enough.  Being a cheapskate doesn't help much either.

Check out my YouTube page here.  It might not be on a professional level, but it\'s a start.
#13  May 11, 2008, 08:30:47 pm
    • USA
I used to listen to a lot of rap before, it's the only genre I really liked, my first CD was the 8 Mile soundtrack  :sugoi:. but know all the music, including the rap it's dying, it gets boring and all that shit so now I only listen to game soundtracks and instrumentals  :ninja:
#14  May 11, 2008, 10:32:10 pm
I used to buy mixtapes, but of all the ones I did buy, most of them aren't even worth listening to anymore. Todays mainstream rap is so dull and commercial. A lot of the BOOTLEGGED albums I bought a while back had less than 5 songs that were any good.

I just wish my 11 year old cousin wouldn't play Souljia Boy around me to spite me (My attempt to make him hate 4Kids didn't go well either), as well as my mother playing T-Pain. Yes, T-Pain is making money, but for the love of god I can't support a guy who uses a machine to make his voice better.

Anyway, I'm sticking to old stuff for the most part.

Cenobite 53 said:
#15  May 20, 2008, 07:01:03 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#16  June 06, 2008, 06:03:43 pm
  • it'll take more than minimum wage to break me...
    • Canada
    • knoc_on_wood@yahoo.com
neg marrons...

get super into fighting games... for glorious fun...
#17  June 07, 2008, 01:38:47 am
No Jay-Z?
No Common?
No Nas?
No D-Block or Lox?
No G-Unit?
No Cassidy, Reed Dollaz, Gillie?
No Talib Kweli?
No Outkast?
No Biggie or Big Pun or Big L or Tupac???
I feel so alone.....
#18  June 07, 2008, 01:51:31 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I listen to rape.
#19  June 07, 2008, 03:06:28 am
No Jay-Z?
No Common?
No Nas?
No D-Block or Lox?
No G-Unit?
No Talib Kweli?
No Outkast?
I feel so alone.....
Some of those I used to listen to, or would still listen to.

Cenobite 53 said:
#20  June 07, 2008, 03:18:08 am
  • corner push pusher
Garbage is crossed out

No Jay-Z? Elvis vs. The Beatles, Nas vs Jay-Z....I'm an Elvis/Nas fan
No Common?
No Nas?
No D-Block or Lox? Lox...so old
No G-Unit?
No Talib Kweli?
No Outkast?