YesNoOk

True K' (MKJ) NEXT UPDATE COMPLETE (Read 33282 times)

Started by MKJ, September 26, 2012, 12:07:57 am
Share this topic:
Re: True K' (MKJ) NEXT UPDATE COMPLETE
#21  October 14, 2012, 12:12:10 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Yeah, maybe a separate DEF or maybe an option in a Config file? A bit of variety does definitely help, especially with his dashes he does in his attacks compared with the dashes he does to start his attacks. Leaving an afterimage as he dashes (with Angel's dash sound or something) actually makes it seem like he's flash-stepping compared to splitting in two, which gives the impression he's teleporting.

Posted: October 14, 2012, 12:14:23 am
I just thought of something after posting that, maybe he could leave some dust or something as he dashes? It's all in the name of knowing where he is during the dash and making it seem more like a dash.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

MKJ

#22  October 14, 2012, 12:34:01 am
  • Eat your heart out Dave
Yeah, maybe a separate DEF or maybe an option in a Config file? A bit of variety does definitely help, especially with his dashes he does in his attacks compared with the dashes he does to start his attacks. Leaving an afterimage as he dashes (with Angel's dash sound or something) actually makes it seem like he's flash-stepping compared to splitting in two, which gives the impression he's teleporting.

Posted: October 14, 2012, 12:14:23 am
I just thought of something after posting that, maybe he could leave some dust or something as he dashes? It's all in the name of knowing where he is during the dash and making it seem more like a dash.

Exactly what I thought, and I also thought about leaving the dust thing when he dashes, I can definitely do that. Gave me a few ideas for some stuff too, that's perfect. I'll be working on it.
"Everyone likes a kidder, but no one gives him money"

"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men"

"If the whole world had a good sense of humor, there wouldn't be sitcoms anymore"
#23  October 14, 2012, 12:42:25 am
  • tired
Alright, I await your next update to this character. Expect my usual feedback if all goes well. If you aren't sure about an idea, you might as well post it here for my input.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

MKJ

#24  October 14, 2012, 12:49:41 am
Alright, I await your next update to this character. Expect my usual feedback if all goes well. If you aren't sure about an idea, you might as well post it here for my input.

Can do, I'll keep you guys in the loop then. If you find any bugs or issues on him now or later, let me know.

"If the whole world had a good sense of humor, there wouldn't be sitcoms anymore"
#25  October 14, 2012, 12:51:18 am
  • Bleh...
    • USA
    • mknight281@gmail.com
I smell something cooking... :]
Sometimes the toughest battles in life are the ones with yourself.
#26  October 14, 2012, 12:55:52 am
  • tired
We smell the cooking as we wait for the meal. I look forward to the updates.
#27  October 14, 2012, 01:12:30 am
  • Bleh...
    • USA
    • mknight281@gmail.com
Sometimes the toughest battles in life are the ones with yourself.
#28  October 16, 2012, 04:29:38 am
  • tired
Ein Trigger's Second Shoot follow up has enough frames on hit to link afterwards in the corner. This leads to an infinite of: "Heavy Basic<Ein Trigger<Second Shoot" You might want to either extend his recovery or maybe make him only able to do one Ein Trigger a combo (the first one, I hope).

Posted: October 16, 2012, 04:45:38 am
I've some more ideas for improving this character:
-Make X Ein Trigger knock down.
-Make Y Ein Trigger's Second Shoot have extra recovery, but be super-cancelable. This'll differentiate the versions even more and give them their own separate niches.
-Burning Mirage's auto-combo follow up occasionally whiffs during juggles, you might want to look into that.
-The readme's a bit inaccurate with some of the moves' motions.
-Spike Phase's super canceling appears to be a bit inconsistent, make it able to cancel as soon as the final hit connects.
-Make Narrow Thrust to Minute Sweep do less damage than a canceled One Inch. This will help in not rendering One Inch anemic in combos.
-Make True Ein Trigger be lower to the ground, perhaps it could have follow ups like the normal Ein Triggers? This would require a reworking of the move, but it'll make for a nice change.
That's all for now.

Posted: October 16, 2012, 04:51:01 am
Make there be two versions of Burning Mirage: X keeps K' on the side he started on, while Y swaps sides like it already does. You could make X switch and Y stay, but whatever.

Posted: October 16, 2012, 04:58:19 am
He can even link Second Shoot into Ein Trigger in the corner, it's a really broken infinite. Please fix the pesky pushback problems.

Posted: October 16, 2012, 04:59:36 am
Also, you might want to nerf Burning Mirage's range. I see it as a reversal/punish move, and its range should at least be limited. He's already got his QCFX2+X/Y for juggles and his Chain Drive for corner juggling.

Posted: October 17, 2012, 02:51:45 am
I've noticed he doesn't have resets like KOF. You might want to look into a good reset system. I recommend maybe Vans or K.O.D's stuff to see what I'm talking about.

Posted: October 17, 2012, 03:01:49 am
If you're stuck for ideas on how to make the supers shorter but still maintain their cinematic qualities, check out Reu's Dragon Claw. I'm pretty sure PotS has the 1.0 updates hosted on his site.

MKJ

#29  October 17, 2012, 11:24:36 pm
Ein Trigger's Second Shoot follow up has enough frames on hit to link afterwards in the corner. This leads to an infinite of: "Heavy Basic<Ein Trigger<Second Shoot" You might want to either extend his recovery or maybe make him only able to do one Ein Trigger a combo (the first one, I hope).

Posted: October 16, 2012, 04:45:38 am
I've some more ideas for improving this character:
-Make X Ein Trigger knock down.
-Make Y Ein Trigger's Second Shoot have extra recovery, but be super-cancelable. This'll differentiate the versions even more and give them their own separate niches.
-Burning Mirage's auto-combo follow up occasionally whiffs during juggles, you might want to look into that.
-The readme's a bit inaccurate with some of the moves' motions.
-Spike Phase's super canceling appears to be a bit inconsistent, make it able to cancel as soon as the final hit connects.
-Make Narrow Thrust to Minute Sweep do less damage than a canceled One Inch. This will help in not rendering One Inch anemic in combos.
-Make True Ein Trigger be lower to the ground, perhaps it could have follow ups like the normal Ein Triggers? This would require a reworking of the move, but it'll make for a nice change.
That's all for now.

Posted: October 16, 2012, 04:51:01 am
Make there be two versions of Burning Mirage: X keeps K' on the side he started on, while Y swaps sides like it already does. You could make X switch and Y stay, but whatever.

Posted: October 16, 2012, 04:58:19 am
He can even link Second Shoot into Ein Trigger in the corner, it's a really broken infinite. Please fix the pesky pushback problems.

Posted: October 16, 2012, 04:59:36 am
Also, you might want to nerf Burning Mirage's range. I see it as a reversal/punish move, and its range should at least be limited. He's already got his QCFX2+X/Y for juggles and his Chain Drive for corner juggling.

Posted: October 17, 2012, 02:51:45 am
I've noticed he doesn't have resets like KOF. You might want to look into a good reset system. I recommend maybe Vans or K.O.D's stuff to see what I'm talking about.

Posted: October 17, 2012, 03:01:49 am
If you're stuck for ideas on how to make the supers shorter but still maintain their cinematic qualities, check out Reu's Dragon Claw. I'm pretty sure PotS has the 1.0 updates hosted on his site.

-I will do the knockdown eine trigger
-That is a good idea for y eine trigger, I'll probably add cancelablility and make more specials in accordance with eine triggers
-I need to make a good variable for Burning Mirage, the "Shadow clones" velocity match where the enemy distance is which changes if the enemy is contantly moving, I want them to only go to where the first clone projects.
-I saw the readme, fixed it
-Yeah the Y Spike Drive does that, will change it
-Changed it, I made the Narrow thrust and Sweep combo do quite less damage than One inch but the enemy does not get pushed back as much as One Inch.
-I will make True Eine Trigger lower, I am also planning to make those follow ups too.
-Hmm....I might make Burning Mirage variation, I might just make the X a different style attack from Y then. I could apply a maximum range to, or maybe one of them can be a reversal style move and make the other only be able to make contact on grounded enemies maybe.
-Was thinking of making a sort of reset system like that but a little more original, more like a "True mode" of some sort and have some new moves only available in True Mode.
-I've got a few plans already, I can shorten points in them that take too much time and remove a few parts of the supers to cut to the finish faster.

I'm going to put up some vids on the look of the afterimage effect on his dashes and such and new moves in the W.I.P section later. Feedback and comments can continue there.

Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:27:52 pm by MKJ
#30  October 17, 2012, 11:26:23 pm
  • tired
Alright, I'll keep an eye out.