YesNoOk

[W.I.P] Mel Masters W/ Rock Howard  (Read 368486 times)

Started by F. James Fernandez, October 15, 2004, 03:47:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mel & Rock WIP
#821  September 04, 2012, 08:02:13 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
I guess I should start working on this again, huh?

That's up to you. As you can see only the semi group would want you to. I dont want you to feel forced. As far as I am concern I am fine with just having the people that got the private beta and move on to something else. Energy is starting to deplete. I cant keep up with encouraging people to do work  ;) So yeah thats all I can say for now. All on you bro.
#822  September 04, 2012, 08:16:34 pm
  • Young Coder
    • USA
people already have betas of this awesome char?
mugen or nothin

#823  September 05, 2012, 01:05:20 am
    • USA
Yes. I've only allowed two. They are the only ones that been on top of the Wip since it started. Granted some people here and there regardless how long its taken. Just following what someone told me a long time ago. RIP....
#824  September 05, 2012, 02:39:38 am
    • Thailand

That's up to you. As you can see only the semi group would want you to. I dont want you to feel forced. As far as I am concern I am fine with just having the people that got the private beta and move on to something else. Energy is starting to deplete. I cant keep up with encouraging people to do work  ;) So yeah thats all I can say for now. All on you bro.

I'm already encouraged to work on this character. Lol. It's just the summer and I'm busy doing other fun stuff on my free time. Since summer is almost over and it'll be cold, I'll be back on this in no time! I've entered stuff into the .sff, if that counts. =D
#825  September 05, 2012, 03:07:51 am
    • USA

I'm already encouraged to work on this character. Lol. It's just the summer and I'm busy doing other fun stuff on my free time. Since summer is almost over and it'll be cold, I'll be back on this in no time! I've entered stuff into the .sff, if that counts. =D

LMAO No doubt I find the summer the same way. No one should be here in the summer lol GO OUT!
#826  September 05, 2012, 07:35:28 pm
    • Mexico
    • ahrimanes.mgbr.net

LMAO No doubt I find the summer the same way. No one should be here in the summer lol GO OUT!

shall wee promote a "close the guild during summer" new campaing ?? nooo pleasee i dont have a life to go out.. :(
Take a look to my current wips

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=128494.0
*may the pixels be with you.
*you are crazy, im crazy, so wee are in good company.
*and they shall eat  "Thor till ya com free hall e those"
#827  September 13, 2012, 06:42:16 pm
    • USA
Hey Guys,

I didn't want to bother with an update for a while but I decided to at least show progress on Mel. Here is a sample of the MK version of the tatsumaki.

I also need two Shoryuken ideas. Each punch will have its own Shoryuken. The one that was done is the HP version. Any ideas? Also I wont be working on any other Rock sprites until Rajaa codes what I have for Rock. I would hate to do his sprites and his assist doesnt work.
Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:09:45 am by F. James Fernandez
#828  September 14, 2012, 07:58:46 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it

Dez, when he's doing the backflip his body is too stiff. He needs to arch his back and even make use of his arms to really force the kick through. Otherwise, it just looks like he is being turned around artificially. You might be able to find real life footage of something similar, maybe even gymnasts, to get the idea. Or, 'imagine' trying do it yourself and consider what your body has to do to get through the motion and the impact you are trying to make with your leg/foot.

Rev.  ;P
3d rocks!
#829  September 14, 2012, 08:02:35 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
It definitely will look better if he used the arms in that animation, right now it looks like a robot.

The guy above me got a pretty good idea
Chilling
#830  September 14, 2012, 08:14:11 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
#831  September 14, 2012, 04:03:14 pm
    • USA
im still working on the movements of the arms. right now I am just trying to get the sprites for it done, then tweek/edit to make it fit with the front round house kick. The leg he kicks with will carry the weight into the "Grainer" Kick.

Skip the vid to about 00:54

The Flip has to transition from the first kick:

and this are almost all the frames but I think I can see what Rev was talking about. Some frames but need to bend his back more:

The Problem I was having, was transitioning from the first kick to the turn to start the flip. I was making his attacking leg twitch rather than going smoothly. I might have to increase the amount of frames for the turn before the kick. I think I already see what frames are messed up now that I am looking over it.
Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:22:01 pm by F. James Fernandez
#832  September 14, 2012, 04:28:03 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
The transition from spinning to a straight gainer just doesn't seem to work as nice as you'd think beforehand.
You kinda lose the spinning speed.
It's a nice idea but I'd change the gainer to something else interely.

The only way I can see this working is if he'd have some really big start-up transition, where he crouches down after the roundhouse to go into the gainer, otherwise seeing those two moves follow eachother up will just feel unnatural.
Keep it up :)
#833  September 14, 2012, 07:22:34 pm
    • USA
The only way I can see this working is if he'd have some really big start-up transition, where he crouches down after the roundhouse to go into the gainer, otherwise seeing those two moves follow eachother up will just feel unnatural.
Keep it up

Yeah that's the problem. I can't do flips like that but I know that it can be done and just like you said, it has to be a big noticeable starter. I added new starter frames and I need to edit some already made sprites to follow the arching back for the kick.  I did the arms wrong for the starter. its suppose to go upwards then down for the power flip.

You should know I don't give up that easily lmao its getting there.
Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:27:41 pm by F. James Fernandez
#834  September 14, 2012, 08:46:56 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
looks alot better. Have you thought about incorporating some of his spining moment to the flip? trying to find the words to explain...

For example, if once his flip starts he could be tilted a little towards the viewer, then a bit more and more as his flip plays out. So he wouldn't be strait up and down/side profile. I think this would look the most natural and make the move a lot more dynamic.
#835  September 14, 2012, 10:09:30 pm
    • USA
Yeah I won't turn the kick. I can see if the kick missed and the momentum of the kick into the flip made him spin a little on the flip kick, but I was thinking more upon impact of the kick. The impact will slow your turn a bit before flipping into the kick. Or like a kick faker into the flip would make it spin as well. All in all if this was 3D I would make him spin LMAO and I dont want to bother Blze to make him spin a little.
#836  September 14, 2012, 10:22:07 pm
    • USA
I also need two Shoryuken ideas. Each punch will have its own Shoryuken. The one that was done is the HP version. Any ideas?

Light
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
or just

Medium
#837  September 14, 2012, 10:41:46 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Clearly give him Sean's bullshit. I personally like the concept but I'm aware it isn't very good.
Spriting is hard.
#838  September 15, 2012, 12:24:11 am
Okay, so question, the TRADITIONAL srk is the HP one right? I have an idea you may or may not like.
#839  September 15, 2012, 12:56:09 am
    • USA
@Karasai: First two I wouldn't like them for Mel. The third one I was thinking about something like that for a reverse Shoryuken with the left fist.

@Diepod: Come on DP I know you have ideas lurking in that creative brain of yours. As for Sean meh, I don't even want to give Mel his version of the Heel kick, though the one we made is better IMO.

@Cazaki: Yes. The original classic Shoryuken is the Hard Punch version. Go for broke on the idea you may have.
#840  September 15, 2012, 04:06:34 am
Nevermind my idea was dumb anyway.