YesNoOk

Street Fighter portrait thread (Read 63756 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, October 08, 2022, 12:12:16 pm
Share this topic:
Street Fighter portrait thread
#1  October 08, 2022, 12:12:16 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Hi! Inspired in the awesome topic by Melcore https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/kof-2003-portrait-project-158029.0.html (visit and contribute in his topic too! there's a lot of awesome art in!), I was jealous because, dude, no one is showing love to Street Fighter. So I decide to start it!

I'll mostly put small portraits with this size, 32x32. My inspiration was Edayan's style from Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival, from the GBA. That artwork is amazing! So I first translated those into pixels(yes!! downgrading, choosing colours, and etc work) and when I finished those, I started to expand into other SF games. As you can see, there's people from SF1, Z, 4, 5, 3, 6 and even alt versions(SF6 chunners, SF6 Ryu, SFV Alex, etc). I'm aware that some must not be perfect, but this is the most I can do, unfortunately :/. SF3 ports are different in angles and etc, so for people like Necro, I decided to go with another artwork(one of his endings)

Also, not everyone has his/her/it colours correct. That's because I'm lazy, that's all hahahaha

I'll be adding more small portraits, so be patient!!

Of course, this topic is open for everyone to contribute, so feel free to be part of it!

Have fun!!

I swear there was something cool here!!
Re: Street Fighter portrait thread
#2  October 08, 2022, 01:38:22 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I like them!
Also, good to see them in lines, by game.

Perhaps Geki can be updated (not an easy one ^^ )
Ken (SF1 line) can have a better rendering, details. (Because of colors, the hair is kind of mixed up with face)
Abel have a strange "long" face. even if the original artworks looks like that of course.
#3  October 08, 2022, 02:08:17 pm
    • Peru

FeLo_Llop, congratulations, looks amazing, thank you so much.

Yes, please.
#4  October 08, 2022, 02:27:24 pm
I like them!
Also, good to see them in lines, by game.

Perhaps Geki can be updated (not an easy one ^^ )
Ken (SF1 line) can have a better rendering, details. (Because of colors, the hair is kind of mixed up with face)
Abel have a strange "long" face. even if the original artworks looks like that of course.

Fixed Abel and added Jamie. Ken's issue is easier because of colours. I also have the CSed bunch if someone wants them too.

FeLo_Llop, congratulations, looks amazing, thank you so much.

Yes, please.

Thanks, muchas gracias, Charles!
#5  October 08, 2022, 03:05:11 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Yes! Looks better now! The jaw line is more natural :)

And Jamie is great!
#6  October 08, 2022, 04:59:32 pm
    • Argentina
They're all truly amazing, Felo!
#7  October 16, 2022, 03:12:28 am
Yes! Looks better now! The jaw line is more natural :)

And Jamie is great!

Thanks for pointing this!! merci beaucoup!!

They're all truly amazing, Felo!

¡Muchas gracias! Coming from a very very VERY good spriter this is a lot :D !!

Now, time for a update!!

- NEW: Gen, Joe, Eagle, Ingrid, Female Seth, Jamie, Poison(both SF4&V).
- FIXED: Abel, Hugo(open eyes)
- REPLACEMENT: Ryu(base and SF6, for making him different to E.Ryu. Kage will mostly have his own portrait too).

Have a nice day!!

EDIT: Just few just for fun things:
- Lifebar with colurs and etc

-Guest charactes from Tekken. Just heihachi and Jin because of the promise to Kazumi from Gouki and the Devil Gene which Gouki is supposed to must destroy
Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 03:30:35 am by FeLo_Llop
#8  October 16, 2022, 03:32:04 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Those are beautiful portraits.
I think that sf4 Seth could be updated, it's hard to distinguish his mouth from his face.
#9  October 18, 2022, 08:39:28 am
Amazing work, I love all of these, expecially two Poisons and all SF2 Turbo revival (GBA SF2) portraits adapted, they are great and they all fit together with the same style.
#10  October 18, 2022, 04:55:29 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Hopefully a screenpack is made using these.
#11  October 21, 2022, 10:29:29 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Those Poison ones are lit.
Can't wait to see how Juri turns out
#12  October 21, 2022, 02:33:41 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Nice sprite work. The collection looks like a very even system.
I am interested in seeing the complete roster of SF1 and SFZ at some point. And maybe KungFuMan as another possible guest.
#13  October 21, 2022, 03:59:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Great updates !
Beautiful work again...

Sure these Poison ones are gorgeous.
#14  October 21, 2022, 04:31:40 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Damn, man. Really loving these SSF2X Revival conversions you got here. They're so freaking good! May I beg you though to keep that old Ryu one too though, as alternative?
Also, just of interest, what artwork did you use as the basis for Joe here? Haven't seen such yet.
#15  October 21, 2022, 08:59:24 pm
Thanks, guys! I just did 2 today, since I'm a bit too much ill and hard head ache. Chose Dan and Kage(for updating purposes):

Dunno if putting Dan's tears, that would sure add some fun to it.

Those are beautiful portraits.
I think that sf4 Seth could be updated, it's hard to distinguish his mouth from his face.

Noted! I'll fix it later :) !

Amazing work, I love all of these, expecially two Poisons and all SF2 Turbo revival (GBA SF2) portraits adapted, they are great and they all fit together with the same style.

Thanks, that was my itention. Even having portraits of very different styles, getting blended in one. Also, Poison was made using both Storm and Dictator from MvC2, xD

Hopefully a screenpack is made using these.

I prefer a full game, because PLEASE, we NEED it! <3 !

Those Poison ones are lit.
Can't wait to see how Juri turns out

I'm still deciding which Juri portrait to use. But 100% sure she'll have her 3 attires in it, as Ryu.

Nice sprite work. The collection looks like a very even system.
I am interested in seeing the complete roster of SF1 and SFZ at some point. And maybe KungFuMan as another possible guest.

Yup! me too! SF1 started the whole saga and still not a love for those guys. Also, KFM is a good choice :D !

Great updates !
Beautiful work again...

Sure these Poison ones are gorgeous.

Thanks!

Damn, man. Really loving these SSF2X Revival conversions you got here. They're so freaking good! May I beg you though to keep that old Ryu one too though, as alternative?
Also, just of interest, what artwork did you use as the basis for Joe here? Haven't seen such yet.

Sure. I'm keeping the old Ryu too with the working colours and the well coloured one too. About Joe, it's from his own SF1 artwork

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/news2021/char3/joe-streetfighter-art.png

Also, talking about Joe,

CSed, classic SF1, SFV file.
yes. I tried making a sprite in cvs style(or kinda) with the SFZ3 Advance treatment. Base for the sprite was Guile, from the SF2 The Movie.

Have a nice day!
#16  October 22, 2022, 06:12:23 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Sure. I'm keeping the old Ryu too with the working colours and the well coloured one too. About Joe, it's from his own SF1 artwork

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/news2021/char3/joe-streetfighter-art.png

Also, talking about Joe,

CSed, classic SF1, SFV file.
yes. I tried making a sprite in cvs style(or kinda) with the SFZ3 Advance treatment. Base for the sprite was Guile, from the SF2 The Movie.

Have a nice day!

Good. Thanks for keeping it. xD
Dang, and here I thought there is some artwork for Jah I haven't seen. You really made it look different here.
And damn, that's a pretty good sprite. But it reminds me that I'm an absolute f*cking sloth, too lazy to try and sprite... xD
#17  October 24, 2022, 12:07:55 am
Haven't done a lot this weekend, including Dumitrscu. I've been having stuff to deal with :/.
Also, new portraits:

Dan, Juli, Juni, Mike, Retsu and Kage. Yup I know, shown Dan and Kage yesterday.
#18  October 29, 2022, 03:09:16 am
Trust me or not, but Birdie was BY FAR, the most difficult of the SF1 bunch to convert:

And with this, SF1's portraits are finished. As since this point I'm going with the chronollogical order, next bunch is SFZ.

Last bunch after SF6 will be stuff like bonus characters not appearing in official games or not playable(Cyborg from SF2, DOLLs...).

Have a nice day!

EDIT: Let's add how I did Birdie:
#19  October 29, 2022, 03:40:05 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
These portraits are all dope as fuck. Special props to Birdie's, it looks super damn clean. <3
#20  October 29, 2022, 04:07:38 am
    • Argentina
Love the new ports! I see how Birdie seems to be rather difficult. I wanted to try making some adjustments, I know you won't mind  ;)