YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2500304 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#9361  August 26, 2020, 01:03:48 am
    • Brazil
There are literally countless "evil superman" clones that exist even in DC comics itself. They don't have to keep using Superman himself to please you. FFS Bizarro's one of DC's most well known villains and he's literally Superman's evil clone. Taking Superman himself and recycling making him evil over and over again is an annoying and tiring lazy as fuck cliche. It completely undermines Superman as a character and his legacy especially when there more than willing to use this stupid cliche than represent him as he purely is.

We haven't seen a genuine Superman representation in games since Injustice 1 and he has to share it with Injustice's evil Superman. He never shows up in Injustice 2 which purely focuses on the Injustice universe (where everyone else is either evil themselves or jerkasses). This is also my problem with the Injustice games since they're the most popular representation of DC heroes besides the Batman Arkham games in video games right now. The most popular DC games are the ones where Superman is evil.
Yeah, they had the same issue with Mortal Kombat. Sindel, known for being a good queen and mother? Nah, lets just make her a bitch, who would easily throw her husband and daughter to death for power. Shao Kahn, a powerhouse of a character and a brilliant strategist? Nah, lets just make him a moron that gets double-crossed by everyone around him and also got beaten several times throughout the story. Also, lets take both of these characters, who exemplified an abusive relationship, that led to Sindel actually killing herself and turn them into a power couple. But hey, at least now there is the possibility of Mortal Kombat ending up in the hands of Take-Two, Activision or EA, what could possibly go wrong?
#9362  August 26, 2020, 05:39:37 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#9363  August 26, 2020, 06:35:42 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#9364  August 26, 2020, 08:30:29 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

Black ops is back with a new sequel taking place after the original. Cross play between multiple gen consoles confirmed and the pc version will skip Steam for the third time in favor of Battle.net. Open beta access to be made available for Ps4 owners first before it releases on current gen hardware this November.
#9365  August 29, 2020, 10:08:40 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World Gameplay Trailer
#9366  August 30, 2020, 05:55:57 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
A NEW TURRICAN GAME WAS ANNOUNCED, HELL YEAH!

https://twitter.com/RealStrictlyLTD/status/1298588645922951174

HELL YEAH!!!
And more details will be shown during Gamescon.

Turns out it will be a compilation, including all main titles in the series plus some special versions. M2 is working on the porting.

None too happy about this being split into two editions but still nice seeing this series back. Hope this can pave the way for more Amiga ports.

Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World Gameplay Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMfClgUrVTI[/youtube]

Uh... This look so amateurish... Such an amazing game deserves much better than this.
#9367  August 31, 2020, 11:40:24 pm
    • Germany
So Yandere Dev finaly Finished the First Rival Osana and made a real Demo Version of Yandere Simulator and waits now for some player feedback, he also wants to start a crowdfunding campain to speed up the development of the game now.

#9368  September 01, 2020, 12:58:43 am
    • Brazil
So Yandere Dev finaly Finished the First Rival Osana and made a real Demo Version of Yandere Simulator and waits now for some player feedback, he also wants to start a crowdfunding campain to speed up the development of the game now.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScmanE0bKyA[/youtube]

Oh wow. And it only took 6 years of shooting himself in the foot and people making fun of his face and code too. I checked the description and... i see he still didn't learn anything from the past few months it seems. Oh well. Might aswell enjoy the memes.
#9369  September 01, 2020, 02:21:45 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
That trainwreck is still going?  Last I heard about the project was that the dev was threatening suicide because someone else built a better, more functional version of it from scratch in less than 2 weeks and he was trying to guilt them into scrapping their own work so he didn't look bad and lose the patreon money.
#9370  September 01, 2020, 01:00:04 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
he also wants to start a crowdfunding campain to speed up the development of the game now.
How is more people giving money gonna speed the development up? He's been taking money for years, and if anything, dev has become slower...
He fucking streams shitty gameplays more than anything.

#9371  September 02, 2020, 07:22:47 am
    • Germany
How is more people giving money gonna speed the development up? He's been taking money for years, and if anything, dev has become slower...
He fucking streams shitty gameplays more than anything.

Maybe paying people to do work he would do instead? Hey don't ask me before you guys Posted I did not even know there was so much drama about all of this.
#9372  September 02, 2020, 08:51:25 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Yandere Dev won't learn a shit about all the crap he did. Another crowdfunding campain? For what? For buying another freakin' adult doll like he did with the Patreon donations? Yeah, all the things Yandere Dev did through these years were terrible and bizarre.

Last I heard about the project was that the dev was threatening suicide because someone else built a better, more functional version of it from scratch in less than 2 weeks and he was trying to guilt them into scrapping their own work so he didn't look bad and lose the patreon money.

Love Letter: My True Feelings (previously LoveSick) is the name of this project and Yandere Dev got all pissed with that.
#9373  September 03, 2020, 04:55:55 pm
    • Brazil
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/super-mario-3d-all-stars-announced-for-switch

Nintendo has announced Super Mario 3D All-Stars for the switch. Featuring Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy.
But it'll have a limited run. Physical AND Digital. I can understand having a limited physical edition. But digital? What the fuck? The worst part is that you just know some people are gonna defend this.
Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 05:03:05 pm by Good_Wall533
#9374  September 03, 2020, 05:14:20 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
it's limited because nintendo knows they can sell low effort rom wrappers again to the bugmen that make up the hardcore faction of its fanbase, at full retail price, after they kill their current online marketplace in a few years.
#9375  September 03, 2020, 05:31:33 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I can understand a limited physical run for games... but a limited digital run?

This is some scummy shit here, even for Nintendo.
#9376  September 03, 2020, 07:08:55 pm
  • SNK is life
Even for them? I dunno, it sounds exactly up their alley.

You know you'll buy it anyway :)
#9377  September 03, 2020, 07:30:54 pm
    • Brazil
It's because of shit like this that Nintendo deserves every pirated game it gets. There is no fucking reason to have a limited digital run, they should be glad people are willing to buy their glorified emulators in the first place.
#9378  September 03, 2020, 07:52:45 pm
Bruh? I have Citra, Cemu, and Dolphin in here with a shit ton of Nintedon't roms. Don't talk to me about buying shit man. If I could download my underwear, I'd fucking do it. You'd see me sifting through thepiratebay looking for the most seeded pair of socks.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#9379  September 03, 2020, 08:08:11 pm
    • Brazil
Even for them? I dunno, it sounds exactly up their alley.

The high amount of Nintendo roms and emulators on my PC would tell you otherwise.
#9380  September 03, 2020, 08:12:02 pm
  • For honor!
If I could download my underwear, I'd fucking do it. You'd see me sifting through thepiratebay looking for the most seeded pair of socks.
I...I kinda love the notion of a download bar concealing my naughty bits while my decency is torrenting
Iroha stripped for me