• "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
Nice char good CS +1
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
Re: REV 2 Jax (Ver. 1.0)
#3  March 01, 2020, 03:39:43 am
    • Aruba
You did it! I can't wait for test this masterpiece. :)
#4  March 01, 2020, 03:53:28 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Found some issues that shouldn't take too long to fix.

- Debug tells me that anytime Jax goes into stateno 650, he has no target with a hit ID.
- Lv3 super is a little unsafe on hit at times since any target with high enough fall gravity can get up and prepare an attack if Jax is close enough to a corner.
- Fatality-based finishers fail to work on certain characters, particularly those that can changestate or changeanim during stateno 5150. You can correct this by sending the Fatality target into Jax' own stateno 5150 so that he can have more control over the target (and simply put something like an assertspecial invisible flag if it detects P2 entering Jax' stateno 5150 by determining their prevstateno).

Also, congrats on the release. I'm not personally really into MK myself, but thought this character would be interesting to check out because of how it's a pretty unconventional twist on the series.
#5  March 01, 2020, 06:40:16 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
REV 2 Jax (Ver. 1.1)
#6  March 01, 2020, 10:30:05 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Brodie updated.

1.1: 3-1-2020
   - Fixed j. HK Debug flood.
   - Increased P2 Y Velocity with Big Mood (Lvl.3) on hit.
   - Adjusted Fatality triggers.
   - Adjusted Fatality bug with State 5150.
   - Increased length of Spiked Club hitbox.

Download link is in first post, thanks...
REV 2 Jax (Ver. 1.1.2)
#7  March 05, 2020, 10:40:53 pm
    • Puerto Rico
My b for sudden update, but I couldn't ignore a specific oversight.

Update
1.1.2: 3-5-2020
   - Adjusted meter gain on taunt.

Download link is in first post, thanks...
Re: REV 2 Jax (Ver. 1.1.2)
#8  March 07, 2020, 01:36:42 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
I tested your Jax, aand while I like the concept, there's a few things I'd like to say.

-Jax at times can make another jump in the air even when I don't want him to do so. Maybe a buffering of the air jump should help.
-I feel like his normals are a tad too unsafe on block. While I can excuse it on say the uppercut, the fact the opponent can punish with a medium hit that is active at the ninth frame is a bit concerning. It discourages pressuring with Jax. Now, you can make a case he can cancel with his specials, but I feel normals should be at most slightly minus on block. It really feels odd an attack that takes 9 frames to be active can punish a sweep. Either that or you should increase the blockstun to make the sweep safe.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
Re: REV 2 Jax (Ver. 1.1.2)
#9  March 07, 2020, 06:03:15 am
    • Puerto Rico
I tested your Jax, aand while I like the concept, there's a few things I'd like to say.

-Jax at times can make another jump in the air even when I don't want him to do so. Maybe a buffering of the air jump should help.
-I feel like his normals are a tad too unsafe on block. While I can excuse it on say the uppercut, the fact the opponent can punish with a medium hit that is active at the ninth frame is a bit concerning. It discourages pressuring with Jax. Now, you can make a case he can cancel with his specials, but I feel normals should be at most slightly minus on block. It really feels odd an attack that takes 9 frames to be active can punish a sweep. Either that or you should increase the blockstun to make the sweep safe.

- Not sure about that one. haven't had issues myself with the air jumps. Anything you might wanna add or demonstrate, cause i'm personally not too sure.

- As for this, I can take a look at some of his normals if they are too unsafe. For sweep, I feel that's justifiable since it's more of a committed normal similar to his launcher (and in some cases in REV 2 characters, you can combo after). But I can take a look if anything (especially with his Dial-a-combos, I was kinda afraid of them being too safe so I can adjust those if anything).

Forgot to mention: V-Act makes his Punch strings more safe on block, I may or may not have noted that in his readme. Will adjust and put that info in if anything. I actually did list it in the read me lol, nvm.
Hope there was enjoyment somewhere, and thanks for the notes...
Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 06:47:11 pm by TheFclass97
REV 2 Jax (Ver. 1.2)
#10  March 07, 2020, 07:03:22 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Another update, pls don't be upset ;__;

1.2: 3-7-2020
   - Adjusted blockstring gaps during "Kombos." (They are now evenly distributed until the last hit).  (-3)
   - Adjusted blockstun on s. HK. (-10 -> -5)
   - Adjusted guardspark on Gotcha grab.
   - Adjusted frames on Low and High Punches.

Link's in first post. Gracias..
Re: REV 2 Jax (Ver. 1.2)
#11  March 15, 2020, 10:32:02 pm
Thank you! I followed you up on Twitter :) Nice character. Nice combos. Waiting for more.
#12  March 19, 2020, 01:08:50 pm
  • One Winged Angel
  • Heart Bandit <3
    • USA
AMAZING presentation with the video. I do video editing myself and it pals in comparison to this. You have some great transitions and put a lot of thought into these for sure. The usual preview video is a fight or two going through every input (which bores me), so I'm glad to see someone craft something enjoyable. I'm sold! Gonna subscribe to your channel when I'm done writing this up ha. Was that glass shattering sound from Stone Cold Steve Austin's theme? I'm a big geek for wrestling if so!

Great stuff on the video side, as for the character in-game, I'll play around with him sometime today and drop some feedback. He looks super fun, this and edit that goes far and beyond the call of duty for sure. Keep up the good work!

#13  March 19, 2020, 10:00:11 pm
    • Puerto Rico
AMAZING presentation with the video. I do video editing myself and it pals in comparison to this. You have some great transitions and put a lot of thought into these for sure. The usual preview video is a fight or two going through every input (which bores me), so I'm glad to see someone craft something enjoyable. I'm sold! Gonna subscribe to your channel when I'm done writing this up ha. Was that glass shattering sound from Stone Cold Steve Austin's theme? I'm a big geek for wrestling if so!

Great stuff on the video side, as for the character in-game, I'll play around with him sometime today and drop some feedback. He looks super fun, this and edit that goes far and beyond the call of duty for sure. Keep up the good work!

I'm glad ya dig the vid. I try to make a decent presentation in a short amount of time (I'd like to do it as a profession since I studied it) and thnx for the sub :3

Also yes, it is indeed the Stone Cold glass shatter. Gotta love when developing things with friends leads to some funny ideas. Hope ya enjoy how he plays as well.

Thank you! I followed you up on Twitter :) Nice character. Nice combos. Waiting for more.

heh, thanks. cool that ya follow the tweets, thats where i post plenty of stuff there.
Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:07:15 pm by TheFclass97
#14  March 21, 2020, 07:37:30 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

GOTCHA! Absolutely great Fclass. :)
#15  March 21, 2020, 09:36:50 pm