YesNoOk

Trying something out for our CVS3 lifebars and new look select screen (Read 305937 times)

Started by Ianb3000, April 21, 2014, 09:07:54 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Trying something out for our CVS3 lifebars and new look select screen
#221  June 29, 2014, 05:45:39 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@Ianb3000: Are the characters going to have the option to choose from six grooves (CvS2) or is it going to be a Capcom and SNK groove? And also, do you have a character roster in mind?
This is a generic forum signature.
#222  June 29, 2014, 05:48:15 am
    • Brazil
    • http://arkhanjo.carbonmade.com/
Unfortunately this is not the case.
When I said that there were some errors of proportion, I mean they exist even taking into consideration the effect of perspective.
I know really well perspective, and i use it a lot in my drawings.
The right arm of the character actually small than it should, the left arm seens broken between the shoulder and the forearm, both hands and fingers are pretty strange, the pectoral muscles could be improved and the beginning of the pants is not very convincing.
Do not want to sound like a "hater", but I'm trying to criticize constructively, in order to help the best, after all, I think such a sensational design so deserves artworks as sensational as himself.
Later I'll see if I can do some sketch of how I think it should be to fix this kind of errors.
"I do not live only because I was born. I live because I have a Dream."

#223  June 29, 2014, 07:23:15 am
    • UK
    • www.facebook.com/capcomvssnk3mugen/
@Ianb3000: Are the characters going to have the option to choose from six grooves (CvS2) or is it going to be a Capcom and SNK groove? And also, do you have a character roster in mind?
At the moment its just the one powerbar, once we`ve got a good select screen layout done then should be able to do a good roster for it
#224  June 29, 2014, 09:10:51 am
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
Unfortunately this is not the case.
When I said that there were some errors of proportion, I mean they exist even taking into consideration the effect of perspective.
I know really well perspective, and i use it a lot in my drawings.
The right arm of the character actually small than it should, the left arm seens broken between the shoulder and the forearm, both hands and fingers are pretty strange, the pectoral muscles could be improved and the beginning of the pants is not very convincing.
Do not want to sound like a "hater", but I'm trying to criticize constructively, in order to help the best, after all, I think such a sensational design so deserves artworks as sensational as himself.
Later I'll see if I can do some sketch of how I think it should be to fix this kind of errors.
After looking at it like 20 times I now see what you mean lol You're correct about the right arm my fault brah lol
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#225  June 29, 2014, 10:12:23 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
Hey Jweezy and Arkhanjo I really do appreciate the constructive criticism and I'll do my best to make it better!  Arkhanjo anything you can do to make it better would be awesome.  I can totally explain why the arms look broken at the elbows but I totally messed up the hands so I did kinda redraw it.  I'll show you here and then of course go ahead and take any actions you think would help :D

This was the original drawing with just cleaned up lines but not many details

Then I colored it

I wanted it to have a more magenta color skeme so i worked it a bit in fireworks and photoshop along with resizing the proportions to give it an action like pose

then i added the effects and shared the image here

the last image is the current redrawn ver with hopefully fixed fingers and cleaned up further.  Please let me know what i can fix or just go ahead and fix it.  Once we have a good drawing I still need someone who can color it better than I can :D
#226  June 29, 2014, 04:39:24 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
#227  June 29, 2014, 04:42:26 pm
EnlightendShadow, I think it's the way you worked from step two to step three ("resizing the proportions to give it an action like pose" as you said) that created those anatomy problems.

Moreover, when resizing you didn't edit the image properly:

Green area: from here you resized the arm; maybe the area is bigger;
Cyan area: it is mostly noticeble here, the dark colour gets "cut" (if you can say so).

To be honest I prefer the second image (step two) more than the last.

I don't want to offend anyone here, I hope my feedback isn't offensive in any sort, but the right sleeve (artist's left) seems like a tube of plastic for how it's shaded. The lighting is too straight, there should be more creases in there.
Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:52:21 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#228  June 30, 2014, 11:54:38 pm
    • UK
Trying a different style of health bar with the help from Tatsu as i wanted to see if i could have the health bars change colour as they went down, Still need to fix the round animations and make all the fonts match again though lol.

#229  July 01, 2014, 12:41:55 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
@Alex Sinigaglia
Thank you for all of your comments.  There is no way I would take any of your comments as disrespect especially when you give great in site and good feed back that will hopefully help me improve my work :D

@ianb3000
YES!  That's what we were looking for since the begining!!!!  Now its just time to fix the fonts a bit :D
#230  July 01, 2014, 12:48:56 am
    • UK
YES!  That's what we were looking for since the begining!!!!  Now its just time to fix the fonts a bit :D
yep need to fix the round animations a bit more and get them fonts done
#231  July 01, 2014, 01:17:03 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
That was a hot video Demo man. clean cut! And yo i think you may have re invented yourself with the life bars. personally i like how those look now much better...thats console quality stuff right there^^
Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:32:31 am by Legendary DeMoNk@I
#232  July 01, 2014, 01:29:55 am
    • UK
That was a hot video Demo man. clean cut! And yo i think may have re invented yourself with the life bars. personally i like how those look now better...thats console quality stuff right there^^
Thanks man, just a few things to finish off then its on to getting a good layout for the select screen
#233  July 01, 2014, 02:11:05 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
#234  July 01, 2014, 02:19:02 am
    • UK
#235  July 01, 2014, 07:19:59 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looking really good and looking very pro like to me.
#236  July 01, 2014, 04:51:07 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@Ianb3000: Yep, those lifebars absolutely stole show! Keep at it, man! :)
#237  July 01, 2014, 05:27:25 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
The way the colors changes when the damage is increased is awesome man!
Keep up the hard work.
#238  July 01, 2014, 06:02:48 pm
    • UK
#239  July 01, 2014, 10:25:20 pm
    • Brazil
    • http://arkhanjo.carbonmade.com/
@EnlightendShadow

Sorry for the delay, but I've been kinda busy these days.
But i found a little time to do a Quick sketch as i promissed. :)
Anyway, here it is.

I opted to leave the character right arm raised, because when he was down really bothering me, so I tried to let the pose a little more "impressive", and prevent it from being completely identical to the SNK art itself. So I took that freedom, but this can be easily changed, if it is not of your liking.
I believe I have over with the feeling of "broken arm", or "strangers" fingers, besides the own anatomy look more integrated (I drew the whole musculature of the character before designing clothes to make sure of it .. XD).

Anyway, I not had much time to work on him design, but I believe it will serve to illustrate what I was saying. I do not know whether you'll like the final result, but anyway, I hope it is of any use.

Whatever you need, I am at orders. And again, my congratulations to everyone involved in this amazing project! Can't wait to be able to enjoy it on my computer!
See u Guys!
"I do not live only because I was born. I live because I have a Dream."

Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:49:45 am by Arkhanjo
#240  July 02, 2014, 01:20:45 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
That looks MUCH better man. Nice work. You have some great talent on the skills....