YesNoOk

Street Fighter x Tekken 2D: Idea Thread (Read 4948 times)

Started by RagingRowen, November 19, 2021, 07:45:03 pm
Street Fighter x Tekken 2D: Idea Thread
#1  November 19, 2021, 07:45:03 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Taking a mini-break from SF All-Stars to discuss and brainstorm some thing that's been on my mind this week.

This is my envision for a SFxT game with added Tekken mechanics and such.
I was also beset on just simply a 2D Tekken for better representation.

The movement is based more on SF, but the combat is set to be combos-a-plenty, thanks to Tekken-style comboing, because normals have both air fall and juggling, and the amount of juggles allowed will depend on their strength.

Juggle Limits:

Light: 5
Medium: 3
Heavy: 1
This usually won't apply to command normals and chains.

Here's a pretty rough example of this: https://streamable.com/i8kr0h

Supers will be limited to just 1 bar.
No EX moves, but there will be an

Characters will have a Super Art and a Rage Art.
Rage Arts are basically like in T7 where they're 1 use per round and you need about 1/5 of health left to use them.
The latter will be the more damaging and cinematic one and both can be Super-Cancelled into.

Examples:

Ryu:
 Super Art: Shinkuu Hadouken
 Rage Art: Shin Shoryuken
Akuma:
 Super Art: Messatsu Gohadou & Messatsu Goshoryu
 Rage Art: Shun Goku Satsu
Jin:
 Super Art: Avenger
 Rage Art: T7 Rage Art
Kazuya:
 Super Art: Lightning Uppercut
 Rage Art: T7 Rage Art/Devil Beam

I want to keep the system minimalist for my sake but here's the Mechanics:

FF: Forward Dash
BB: Backward Dash
LP+LK: Throws
MP+MK: Dash/Dash Cancel: Just a copy of Forward Dash (or Back Dash if holding B), but it becomes the Dash Cancel when cancelled into and costs 1/2 the Super bar.
HP+HK: Supercharger: Replicates the Tekken ability, but the Fighter's next specials becomes 'Charged' which makes them the aforementioned EX equivalent.

I had the urge to add Dodges and Rolls to replicate Tekken's sidesteps, making Throws 2P/2K like in All-Stars, but those would've been too KOF.

The project is most likely to be a chore due to a lack of sprites for the TK cast and there are some that barely have Throws, let alone Supers.
It sucks because I don't want over half the cast of completed chars to be SF stuff.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Re: Street Fighter x Tekken 2D: Idea Thread
#2  November 19, 2021, 11:10:09 pm
    • Netherlands
Interesting concept to say the least.

I feel your pain when it comes to the lack of sprites for the Tekken cast.
Throws are a big part of Tekken animation wise and with a lot of the existing sprite materials there's just so little to work with.
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#3  November 20, 2021, 12:53:53 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I feel like its leaaving street fighter aspect behind too much,Rage arts feet too strict,for me,it feels very cheat win way,if supers can be hit confirm from regular jab like every street fighter and get you the win when the opponent was wiping the floor with you until your life dropped to 1/5
The juggles definitely dont seem tekken,its still super strict,I might suggest some normals to lauch opponents.Gotta mess with juggle systems.
#4  November 20, 2021, 01:08:14 pm
    • UK

I feel like its leaaving street fighter aspect behind too much,Rage arts feet too strict,for me,it feels very cheat win way,if supers can be hit confirm from regular jab like every street fighter and get you the win when the opponent was wiping the floor with you until your life dropped to 1/5

It will depend on how effective the Rage Arts are. I'm keen on giving them big damage but they'd definitely be cheap for a comeback mechanic if that were the case.

The juggles definitely dont seem tekken,its still super strict,I might suggest some normals to lauch opponents.Gotta mess with juggle systems.

It'll depend if chars have them in the official games. Would the likes of SFV Ryu's HP>HK work? It'll probably be easier for the TK cast though.
WIP Schedule:
#5  November 20, 2021, 01:12:22 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
probably? Street Fighter really lacks the stuff to do tekken juggles,so gotta go off book from offical games if its meant to represent tekken take on gameplay
#6  November 20, 2021, 01:16:21 pm
  • Why,
Hmmh... sounds great idea... What screen size youre plan use?

Good luck, yours project and ... you!
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#7  November 20, 2021, 02:23:03 pm
    • UK

probably? Street Fighter really lacks the stuff to do tekken juggles,so gotta go off book from offical games if its meant to represent tekken take on gameplay

Well I'm mostly using official games as an idea, but I may dive into more obscure stuff like OMEGA Mode.
Dan did have a WGF parody in that, y' know?

Hmmh... sounds great idea... What screen size youre plan use?

Good luck, yours project and ... you!

I might just make it 4:3 because there's a lil more stuff built around it compared to the 16:9 All-Stars uses.
WIP Schedule: