YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1229944 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Vega added)
#181  February 26, 2022, 01:05:59 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Question: what are your plans for Morrigan?
Her update is similar to Sakura I guess. Added Air Darkness Illusion as a level 2 and tweaked some things to feel more like Darkstalkers.
Anyone paying attention may have noticed that I skipped her in the update order. She has a couple things that are boring to update so I haven't made a release yet, but her progress is the same as other characters.

Hello POTS, was curious.

Your style has been coined the name "POTS style" for the longest time. but, what would you personally name it? If there was a POTS style fullgame or just a character style, what would you name it?
Back in the day I think we just called it Mugen style. ;P I think that's a trick question. I rather people keep calling it that. When I see people take the assets I took 4 years to develop, and give it a different name, it reminds me of the Sonic community.

A couple of updates today:

Ryu
- His changelog was getting a bit long so here's another version

Vega
- Has a new super, but other than that it's the same kind of update usual

I think my only critique for Ryu as of now is the hitsound during Shin Shoryuken. It's too soft in contrast to the original's IMO.

I don't have many complaints for Dictator but I do wish he had EX moves and charge inputs for his Booster and KPN coz it's odd to do them with QCFs.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#182  February 26, 2022, 01:45:55 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Tested Ryu now and he have some weird things happening:
Normal Ryu: He lost Kyuubi Kudaki and is using Seichuu Nidan Tsuki instead, I can do Kaze no Ken with D,D QCFx2 and QCBx2.
Evil Ryu: He lost Seichuu Nidan Tsuki.
#183  February 26, 2022, 02:00:53 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I think my only critique for Ryu as of now is the hitsound during Shin Shoryuken. It's too soft in contrast to the original's IMO.
I kind of like it. It's from DBZ.  ;D

I don't have many complaints for Dictator but I do wish he had EX moves and charge inputs for his Booster and KPN coz it's odd to do them with QCFs.
EX moves would be too much work for the scope of these updates, because his movelist is already about as long as Shin Gouki's. You may be right about the charge supers, but that would be a nerf. I'll let more people weigh in if they'd prefer charge motions for those.

I think I originally made them motions because SF3 handled charge characters like that. My characters were a mish mash of ideas like that...

Tested Ryu now and he have some weird things happening:
Normal Ryu: He lost Kyuubi Kudaki and is using Seichuu Nidan Tsuki instead, I can do Kaze no Ken with D,D QCFx2 and QCBx2.
Evil Ryu: He lost Seichuu Nidan Tsuki.
Don't you hate it when last minute changes break everything? Sorry. Please redownload, and thanks for pointing it out.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#184  February 26, 2022, 03:03:08 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I kind of like it. It's from DBZ.  ;D

I dunno. It personally clashes with the sharp, stingy smacks of the CFJ hitsounds. It would probably sound cooler if you had the two play at the same time.

Oh and I personally think Psycho Break Smasher and Nightmare Booster could be swapped Level-wise. The latter's a bit much for LVL1 standards.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#185  February 26, 2022, 05:21:35 pm
  • The Cobra Commander Is Back
    • Canada
Welcome back PotS!
#186  February 26, 2022, 06:44:53 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
I was waiting for Vega.

Thanks, and welcome back, POTS!  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#187  February 27, 2022, 01:48:12 am
    • UK
I was waiting for Vega.

Thanks, and welcome back, POTS!  :bjugoi:

Wrong Vega if you're thinking its the more obvious one judging from your avatar lol. Pots for some reason still goes by the JP names even though most of us use the english ones these days.
To play or not to play: That is the question...
#188  February 27, 2022, 08:44:42 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Is Nightmare Booster working as intended? This looks very wrong...
https://streamable.com/pkm5m8

(Also, the final point in the move details section of the readme still mentions "Heartbreak Despair" instead of "Nightmare Booster")
#189  February 27, 2022, 09:49:47 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
#190  February 27, 2022, 10:19:04 am
    • Portugal
Thanks, guys.

Oh and I personally think Psycho Break Smasher and Nightmare Booster could be swapped Level-wise. The latter's a bit much for LVL1 standards.
I had the same idea and can see it working either way. But in the end I kept it the way it is because PBS is often a level 3 only move and because the FX is bigger. :8): NB is half of an Ultra animation.

Wrong Vega if you're thinking its the more obvious one judging from your avatar lol. Pots for some reason still goes by the JP names even though most of us use the english ones these days.
To be honest, at this point in time I only use the JP names for tradition and compatibility, and because it takes 5 seconds to change that on the user end.
I guess I could keep the names and change the display names.

Is Nightmare Booster working as intended? This looks very wrong...
https://streamable.com/pkm5m8

(Also, the final point in the move details section of the readme still mentions "Heartbreak Despair" instead of "Nightmare Booster")
Oops. It's because of the way my characters handle air restets. When I changed the juggle system, I forgot to adapt that move to the new system.
But I've been thinking about changing the way air resets work anyway, and your post was the last push I needed.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#191  February 27, 2022, 08:52:51 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Meu velho amigo, bom vê-lo de volta.
I gonna check the updates right now :)

And are you inspired to try Ikemen too?
#192  February 27, 2022, 10:53:20 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
There's also this odd interaction with your Dan that turns Vega invisible for a moment: https://streamable.com/gh8wxm

Edit:
Also, your most recent Akuma's grabs don't work.  o_O
Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 12:49:29 am by Toni
#193  February 28, 2022, 03:57:41 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
#194  February 28, 2022, 07:16:56 pm
    • Portugal
Velho é a palavra certa. ;D It feels like I joined MugenBR a lifetime ago, and you were already a veteran member at the time. Actually, the other day I was reminiscing, and I remembered that it was one of your comments that convinced me to start using high resolution effects in my characters.

I just want to do these updates for now. Not sure if I'll still feel like doing more work when I'm done.
In regards to Ikemen specifically, I kind of want to see it be as stable as 1.0 before I even consider migrating. Not sure if it's just my system, but 1.0 feels a lot more optimized.

There's also this odd interaction with your Dan that turns Vega invisible for a moment: https://streamable.com/gh8wxm
Congratulations on finding a new (?) engine bug. It looks like Mugen doesn't like it if you change animations during the opponent's hitpause. It happens with the old char versions, too. Wonder if it happened in WinMugen.

Also, your most recent Akuma's grabs don't work.  o_O
i also noticed this, it's iffy but his F+K throws tend to miss qute often
Haha. I wonder when I messed that up.
I don't like having that bug out there, so I updated the files, if you don't mind redownloading. Vega's too because of the invisibility bug, but that's a very minor thing.
#195  March 03, 2022, 06:55:56 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Sorry, found another bug with your Akuma: his fiery hadoken will send opponents below the stage when they attempt to recover in the air.
https://streamable.com/fibdkn
#196  March 03, 2022, 07:22:03 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
#197  March 03, 2022, 09:42:55 pm
    • Portugal
Sorry, found another bug with your Akuma: his fiery hadoken will send opponents below the stage when they attempt to recover in the air.
https://streamable.com/fibdkn
I'd run into that one as well in the meantime, but thanks for pointing it out. I think I'll update everyone again this weekend anyway, because I found one line of code that can make Mugen crash in Simul without warning. :XD:

I'll move this thread to Projects so I don't feel guilty about the frequent updates. Seems more appropriate at this point in time. When I update a character here it doesn't mean that it's done and that I'm moving on to the next. They're all being updated at the same time.
#198  March 05, 2022, 07:08:30 am
    • Mexico
Best project and best comeback

Thanks for being back at it!

"There's a time to live, there's a time to die, but no one can escape the destiny....."
#199  March 05, 2022, 03:07:44 pm
    • Portugal
Thanks. :)

All characters updated so far have been updated again. Mostly bug fixing.

I still have some things to fix in them according to my spreadsheet, but they seem minor. Starting to see the finish line for these 7 individuals.
#200  March 06, 2022, 01:42:23 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Neat :)

One more (but very minor) thing: the hitspark position on Guy's taunt doesn't look right.