YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4960284 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Byleth Released (11/21/22)
#1161  December 13, 2022, 04:55:15 am
  • Nowhere to work on, nothin to do.
    • sites.google.com/view/walruso-mugen-site/home
Found a minor error on your Bowser which is the explod lingers when getting hit by the opponent's custom state like KFM's Fast Palm Gethit State as an example.
https://streamable.com/f9d21j
#1162  December 14, 2022, 01:00:30 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Should be fixed now.

#1163  December 24, 2022, 10:53:10 pm
    • USA
 OHMSBY, how have you been lately? I just seen your showcase on Sol and I absolutely love the special intros that he has with Ky and Ragna, especially Ragna since it's a nod to a common voiceline that he says. But if you don't mind me asking, what is the name of the two stages used in the video and do you know the name of the BGM used in the Sol Badguy portion of the vid? Ive been trying to figure out for a good hour what the BGM but I'm completely stumped. Also what inspired you to do the unique polling questions on this thread? I like how these mundane questions are actually a way to decide on which character to work on without anyone actually knowing the meaning behind them, except you course. And also Merry Christmas dude and Happy New Year. Praying and wishing you well on this eve, tomorrow and the end of this year and that you spend it well with family and friends.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 10:58:25 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Sol Badguy + Shadow Yu released (12/26/22)
#1164  December 26, 2022, 06:34:02 pm
    • USA
Sol Badguy and Shadow yu have been released.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Direct Link for Sol:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cNXl0hT_49CSTDsJVsqe8LISf1bPjkNV/view?usp=share_link

Direct Link for Shadow Yu:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-hQn-swYhJdnOt0VWL0oBw6PKNJ1qn-R/view?usp=share_link

Spoiler: Up Next (click to see content)

Have fun.

what is the name of the two stages used in the video and do you know the name of the BGM used in the Sol Badguy portion of the vid? Ive been trying to figure out for a good hour what the BGM but I'm completely stumped.

The stages are "Koroukan" and "Bamboo forest of the lost", both can be found here. The BGM is "No Mercy", the Sol vs Ky theme from Guilty Gear X.

Also what inspired you to do the unique polling questions on this thread? I like how these mundane questions are actually a way to decide on which character to work on without anyone actually knowing the meaning behind them, except you course.

People are a lot less likely to try to rig a character poll where they don't know what the answers actually are.
#1165  December 26, 2022, 07:50:41 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Looks like Taiga's sprites here didn't have different palettes assigned here.

Context-wise, I was comparing Maid Taiga to Taiga here and the latter had this palette, so this is an error
#1166  December 26, 2022, 07:55:25 pm
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
You know, I was speculating for the longest time how you were planning to do Sol. I probably should’ve known you were gonna make him more like his Strive version, but a part of me was thinking about Xrd. Moreso tinkering with the fact that his Instant Kill aesthetics change if he’s in Dragon Install or not, so I guess a part of me assumed you wanted to try and do something like that here. Would it seem excessive and also unnecessary coding wise? Yeah, though I guess I didn’t rule it out right away since I know some characters in fighting games are like that.

Also, quick question about P.Ciel: is her Astral Heat gonna have the enemy be in a special state like how it was for Faust? Mainly thinking about the other Melty Blood characters in mind here since they all have unique sprites for her last arc in the original game, but it goes for everyone else too.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 08:09:47 pm by Solid Snivy
#1167  December 26, 2022, 11:08:17 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
For the last month of the year, I decided to post some quality of life feedback as I realized some specials and force breaks doesn't deal any chip damage. Here are the ones that don't (Plus unrelated if any and also a major debug flood for one of them):

Ruby:
-Guillotine
-The physical hit of Sy-Pod Shot when she slams Crescent Rose into the ground.
-The hit of Buzzsaw Blast when she slams Crescent Rose into the ground.

Mai:
-The first hit of normal and EX versions of Suzuran before she hits the ground.
-Both Himeyuri and Suzuran: Dipper.

Wagner:
-The follow up hits of Kugel Blitz.
-The last hit of EX Kugel Blitz.
-Both normal and EX versions of Sturm Schlag.

Robo Weiss:
-Laserstrahl

Kirby:
-Rising Break (Fighter)
-Ice Sprinkle (Ice)
-Hammer Nail and Giant Swing (Hammer)
-Mirror Cut and Reflect Force (Mirror)
-Spear Thrust (The strong wall bounce effect on Spear when hitting the opponent at the tip is also latterally inverted and is slightly farther away from the opponent).
-All Yo-yo attacks.

Although despite they all use the S attribute flag and still deal chip damage, I do think some of them should not chip kill as certain ones act like a command normal. Mostly those that just does a single hit.

And an update to his copy abilities mostly to cover the recent DLC characters of MultiVersus, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, Them's Fightin' Herds and of course Melty Blood: Type Lumina (Also decided to add the rest of the missing UMvC3 characters that aren't mugenized yet from my knowledge):

Kokonoe:
-Broken Bunker Assault V2.21 (Although I don't think this should chip kill because the B version puts the opponent into a custom state).

Quote:
-The first hit of King's Revenge (I remember this chip kill before, but this time make it so it's not lethal).

Susano'o:
-Megalith
-Towering Flame
-Blade of Judgement

Issac:
-Tear Shot and Upward Tear Shot doesn't deal chip damage (Even though Yukiko and Charlotte throws a projectile with 5B, the movelist.png doesn't specifically say they are specials unlike his).
-1 and 2 of the D6 and the dice itself doesn't deal chip damage.
-The hitspark and guard spark of Bomb Set and 5 on the D6 is misaligned when it hits the opponent in the air.
-Deal with the Devil causes expression truncated to integer debug errors if used while in Ultra Burst.
-Using Deal with the Devil while in NOY causes the expression truncated to integer debug errors.
-After Ultra Burst expires, using Deal with the Devil will not go into Devil Mode.
-Using Deal with the Devil while in NOY during Ultra Burst continiously without stopping will create a new Ultra Burst icon, allowing him to Ultra Burst again after the first expires.

Jin:
-The last hit of both normal and EX versions of Hirensou.

Bisclavret:
-The hitspark and guard spark of Angry Earth and Home Run Swing is misaligned when it hits the opponent in the air.

Charlotte:
-The hitspark and guard spark of Springerle is misaligned when it hits the opponent in the air.

Lambda-11:
-4A is using a meduim hit sound instead of a slash one.
-Exiga Nail could use large sliding dust when she leaps backwards.
-The hitspark and guard spark of Cultus is misaligned when it hits the opponent in the air.

Ky:
-The 2nd hit of Stun Dipper.
-Both normal and EX versions of Greed Sever (Can't neither do chip damage on normal or Shock State and the hitspark and guard spark is misaligned when it hits the opponent in the air).
-Lightning Javelin (Also a typo on the movelist.png).

King Dedede:
-Both Super and Double Dedede Jump.

Shana:
-Both normal and EX versions of Guren no Odachi.

Merkava:
-I, Soar Through The Sky

Sol:
-The last hit of Grand Viper.
-Sidewinder

I actually forgot these move during testing. But might as well wait since I have feedback for the others and decided to post that along with it. Had some of these typed up for Byleth's release but the forum was down for a while and I was sick during the end of November, so it kind of slipped.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 11:12:59 pm by ZolidSone
#1168  December 27, 2022, 06:02:49 am
    • USA
Looks like Taiga's sprites here didn't have different palettes assigned here.

This was actually already brought up and fixed a while ago. You'll just need to redownload her is all.

You know, I was speculating for the longest time how you were planning to do Sol. I probably should’ve known you were gonna make him more like his Strive version, but a part of me was thinking about Xrd. Moreso tinkering with the fact that his Instant Kill aesthetics change if he’s in Dragon Install or not, so I guess a part of me assumed you wanted to try and do something like that here. Would it seem excessive and also unnecessary coding wise? Yeah, though I guess I didn’t rule it out right away since I know some characters in fighting games are like that.

I actually kind of did this with his Exceed Accel where the Not Over Yet version has him fully transform before attacking. But yeah, I opted for Heavy Mob Cemetery because I never really found Dragon Install to ever be worth using as the cons outweigh the pros.

Also, quick question about P.Ciel: is her Astral Heat gonna have the enemy be in a special state like how it was for Faust? Mainly thinking about the other Melty Blood characters in mind here since they all have unique sprites for her last arc in the original game, but it goes for everyone else too.

I will at the very least be implementing the special state for the other Type Lumina characters.

All fixed.

Issac:
-After Ultra Burst expires, using Deal with the Devil will not go into Devil Mode.

That's because he's in Overheat status when Ultra Burst expires without landing the Exceed Accel, which removes devil mode. He will be able to go into devil mode this way after the Overheat status expires.
#1169  December 27, 2022, 06:57:31 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#1170  December 29, 2022, 01:05:58 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Bowser Bug! I noticed that the FX for Whirling Fortress (for both variants even if it's not shown) linger when you cancel out of it: https://streamable.com/49ed3x
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1171  December 29, 2022, 01:47:18 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
No saul goodman palette?
#1172  December 29, 2022, 01:51:14 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

#1173  December 29, 2022, 03:35:14 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
I've made a new Japanese voice patch.
Today, it's Sol Badguy

Man, this one is really hard— Literally had cero idea Sol had a DUB voice, which isn't bad, quite like it, but the deep of his OG voice feels nostalgic.

#1174  December 29, 2022, 03:41:20 am
    • USA
The Japanese voice patch for Ragna that I totally did not forget about has been updated for the special intro against Sol.

Direct Link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14RcC_6o7IYGFpPtvnZfQQXILvFp4i3Vi/view?usp=sharing

I've made a new Japanese voice patch.
Today, it's Sol Badguy

Everything seems fine to me. Just added it to the site along with the Gintoki voice for Ragna, which you may want to update for the intro with Sol.

Bowser Bug! I noticed that the FX for Whirling Fortress (for both variants even if it's not shown) linger when you cancel out of it: https://streamable.com/49ed3x

Fixed. Go ahead and redownload him.

#1175  December 29, 2022, 04:55:35 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
I've updated my Gintoki voice patch.

Also, I've found a debug flood for Sol when Uzuki deflect's Savage Fang.
#1176  December 29, 2022, 05:41:35 am
    • USA
Should be fixed now.
#1177  December 29, 2022, 03:14:39 pm
    • USA
Speaking of Sol, another issue i found is if you use Tyrant Rave on an opponent when they are not facing you, they go flying in the opposite direction.  Is this cause Tyrant Rave has no p2facing, or something else?
#1178  December 30, 2022, 01:49:57 am
    • USA
Fixed.
#1179  December 30, 2022, 02:36:01 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Fixed.
Just checked and it seems that issue also affected his Sidewinder as well. Since it's just one thing on him, I also got some loose end errors I missed on others as well:

Issac:
-The explosion on Bomb Set and the bobby/troll bombs of the D6 are still misaligned when it hits the opponent in the air.

Dedede:
-The hitspark and guard spark on the first hit of Super and Double Dedede Jump is misaligned when it hits the opponent in the air.
-The normal ground shockwave on Double Dedede Jump is layered in front of him and the opponent.

Shadow Yu:
-The hitspark and guard spark of jAA is not the same position as jA (I just realized they used a different statedef and only the one before it was aligned).

That's because he's in Overheat status when Ultra Burst expires without landing the Exceed Accel, which removes devil mode. He will be able to go into devil mode this way after the Overheat status expires.
That explains it. Those debug errors before it was fixed must have really messed with my brain.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#1180  December 30, 2022, 05:09:13 am
    • USA
All fixed.