YesNoOk

NOV/23/2016 OMEGAPSYCHO's 15TH anniversary Project (THE POWERPUFF GIRLS) (Read 63226 times)

Started by OMEGAPSYCHO, June 12, 2015, 11:55:46 PM
Share this topic:
NOV/23/2016 OMEGAPSYCHO's 15TH anniversary Project (THE POWERPUFF GIRLS)
#1  June 12, 2015, 11:55:46 PM
  • Haz lo que te gusta para que te guste lo que haces
    • Mexico
    • www.omegapsycho.webs.com

Update:
CARTOON NETWORK bring back "The Powerpuff Girls" (It was not the reboot that I was expecting but that's not the issue).
Now, why this is important to me?, because it is in 2016 when I'll celebrate 15 years of being a mugen creator and not only that, my very first creation was BLOSSOM from The Powerpuff Girls
For those veterans like me who is still around here, you remember that I began in "Mugen Hispania" where I release my very first character
(this of course), I put below the link for those younger mugenites will can check my very firs creation:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ki2umvyn4qn7yc/OLD_BLOSSOM.rar (Old Blossom version from 2001)
Considering this, I will make a remake of this character and not just BLOSSOM... BUBBLES & BUTTERCUP too.
Below, I leave a video showing the BETA VERSIONS of this characters and some snapshots.
The following video updates will be published in this same post.

The details of the updates is included in the same videos, so, please, check it out.
See you later!  :thumbsup:

LAST UPDATE: SKIP TO 04:38 for see the BUTTERCUP DEMO VIDEO
Current development NOV-23-2016

PAST VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vxfrQKY5CQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfmSVbZ3oOs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzUc11tT1Ss

Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 07:49:17 AM by OMEGAPSYCHO
Re: OMEGAPSYCHO's 15TH anniversary Project
#2  June 13, 2015, 02:13:13 AM
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Haha, I didn't even know you were the creator of Blossom and the other Powerpuff Girls ! Nice to see you back at this ! :)

COMING IN 2016
2016 ? Because you'll be releasing all of them at once ? Because you want to finish all the MK cast first ? Because you've decided to code as slowly as me ? :D
#3  June 13, 2015, 02:17:30 AM
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
With the news on the reboot and your previous suggestions for MK guest characters, I was totally going to suggest the idea for your oldest character, also in reference to the other MK versions of them out there, but I see you have three ideas better.

Those are some very neat additions you've already added.  Good luck, I'm looking forward to this.  If you're open for suggestions for the girls, may I offer including their completely unnecessary and over-the-top giant fighting robot Dynamo somewhere?  Probably work best as a win pose crushing/exploding/lasering them, unless you're open for a Super involving it.  If nothing else, there was an old flash game with it that its moves might be some inspiration.
#4  June 13, 2015, 04:12:34 AM
    • Mexico
Haha, I didn't even know you were the creator of Blossom and the other Powerpuff Girls ! Nice to see you back at this ! :)

COMING IN 2016
2016 ? Because you'll be releasing all of them at once ? Because you want to finish all the MK cast first ? Because you've decided to code as slowly as me ? :D

-Of Course!; I'll release them at the same time, some moment between June & July in 2016, because I remember it was in a similar date when I debut as mugen creator.
- I think I will can not finish ALL MK roster before this release, actually, it will be while the MK third session characters is on.  :yes:
-I'd like to say that I'll take it easy but I am so saturated with Mugen projects; in fact, I can predict that my current keyboard letters were erased and my mouse it will be consumed as a soap bar for make so many mugen projects, that's for sure.  :S
With the news on the reboot and your previous suggestions for MK guest characters, I was totally going to suggest the idea for your oldest character, also in reference to the other MK versions of them out there, but I see you have three ideas better.

Those are some very neat additions you've already added.  Good luck, I'm looking forward to this.  If you're open for suggestions for the girls, may I offer including their completely unnecessary and over-the-top giant fighting robot Dynamo somewhere?  Probably work best as a win pose crushing/exploding/lasering them, unless you're open for a Super involving it.  If nothing else, there was an old flash game with it that its moves might be some inspiration.
Thank you very much for your support, of course all the suggestions will be very helpful!, and if you could give me some material as you offer me I'll be happy to accept it! It would be very useful; in advance, thank you very much!  :thumbsup:
#5  June 13, 2015, 09:57:42 AM
Noooo I love bubbles and I want to play with her soon not in 2016 LOL.  Jk, take ur time to make something good :)
#6  June 14, 2015, 10:16:37 AM
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Am I seeing this right?? this looks awesome!

This might give DoomGuyII's PPGs a run for their money.
Re: OMEGAPSYCHO's 15TH anniversary Project (THE POWERPUFF GIRLS)
#7  July 21, 2015, 01:36:20 PM
    • Mexico
Current development JUL-21-2015
#8  April 24, 2016, 11:41:31 AM
    • Mexico
UPDATE:
Current development APR-24-2016
#9  April 24, 2016, 07:15:04 PM
    • Brazil

#10  April 25, 2016, 03:19:35 AM
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
awesome update video, cant wait for the girls to arrive in Mugen.

Also is that Skarlet?? She looks awesome! can't wait for her to hit mugen too.
#11  April 25, 2016, 09:42:23 PM
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
I see that the girls look at the opponent while they are flying... nice detail! :)

Looking forward to these, they look like fun characters to fight with.

#12  April 27, 2016, 11:33:47 AM
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
looking like the definitive version of the ppg for mugen :D for adding though you probably already planned this is

Ice breath, laser eyes, maybe possibly a reference to the super hero character blossom likes? her guitar possibly? I love the old ppg show and look forward to finished blossom and of course the other 2 Buttercup being my favorite.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#13  April 27, 2016, 04:12:19 PM
  • Check my yt channel.
    • Poland
    • www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMTkKqz10Xw
Love this cartoon. Nice project
Dj Luke aka funny963 check my yt channel. Have a nice day!
#14  April 28, 2016, 05:28:40 AM
    • Mexico
looking like the definitive version of the ppg for mugen :D for adding though you probably already planned this is

Ice breath, laser eyes, maybe possibly a reference to the super hero character blossom likes? her guitar possibly? I love the old ppg show and look forward to finished blossom and of course the other 2 Buttercup being my favorite.
Yes, the most popular super powers from the Classic show will be present, and yes there will be a "Liberty Bell", "Mange" & "Harmony Bunny" special intros and some other easter eggs:

;)
#15  April 28, 2016, 12:21:58 PM
    • Australia
This cartoon was my ...... teen years ..... and I have no regrets!  ;D
I'll be watching this thread with interest  :sugoi:
#16  April 28, 2016, 09:17:43 PM
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
OMg just cant wait to see this new update......................... yay am soo happy.................. this video is sooo great I was like about tear in happiness  =)  nice job          cant wait to download         
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#17  April 28, 2016, 10:29:00 PM
    • USA
and yes there will be a "Liberty Bell", "Mange" & "Harmony Bunny" special intros and some other easter eggs
Pardon me if I'm misinterpreting Laharl, but I think they meant more interactions with cameos from other heroes she likes or has some relation too, like those little between shows shorts always did.  So Superman, Wonder Woman, Samurai Jack, Goku, etc.

Anyways, the update looks good as ever.  I have to admit, though, I'm not a big fan of the semi-transparent colored shadow and sparkle effect for everything that's going on.  Typically, they got their solid color trails that follow them around.  But that probably doesn't extend too well into actual gameplay, I'm guessing?  Having lines of color everywhere.  Balthazar tried it for Goku's cameos over at HDBZ, and while it looks nice, it takes up much of the screen.

Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:37:20 PM by Long John Killer
#18  April 28, 2016, 11:28:30 PM
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
nah omega had it right lol didn't mean what you are thinking.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#19  April 28, 2016, 11:36:55 PM
    • USA
Then never mind me, I'll just shut up over here and go back to my corner.

Special interactions with them would still be cool, though...
#20  April 29, 2016, 05:18:03 AM
    • Mexico
Then never mind me, I'll just shut up over here and go back to my corner.

Special interactions with them would still be cool, though...
In the past I made some unreleased versions of the PPG (unfortunately were lost in an accident at home with my CPU) in which I put color trails instead of sparks and make them work as I wanted was something complicated. Using this kind of sparks is not only easier, it also gives a little touch HD to the old "2001"sprites. (Is a remake of my very first creation).

About cameos, in fact, I have plans to do some intro and win special animations; the Blossom & Wonder Woman intro is for sure, also, some vs Evil characters or Giant Bosses for example (unless the time I have before the release date has finished).
Thank you for the feedback!  :thumbsup:
#21  April 30, 2016, 04:38:14 AM
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
Not requesting or anything but I just wanna ask, do you plan on making the RRB as well?
#22  April 30, 2016, 04:56:37 PM
    • Mexico
No I don't think so. I really like the classic show but I think it would be too much, but, I'll include some Rowdyruff Boys cameos in this project.
#23  April 30, 2016, 05:43:37 PM
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
I think it would be really funny and cool if you had a super for Bubbles just like in the episode where she had to wear glasses. When she shot such a massive beam, that was funny.

Rev.
3d rocks!
Re: May/31/2016 OMEGAPSYCHO's 15TH anniversary Project (THE POWERPUFF GIRLS)
#24  May 31, 2016, 09:09:03 AM
    • Mexico
UPDATE:
Current development MAY-31-2016
#25  May 31, 2016, 04:06:42 PM
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Simply amazing.

You've very well captured her spirit from the show, and the general playful attitude of the girls when they are effortlessly decimating the bad guys like they are just some kind of toy.

Highly anticipating this release!

Comments (I'll update if I see anything else):

-Ice breath effect looks really good, but to me it looks like it's not coming directly out of her mouth.  I think you should trim it in like 2px from where it starts.  The fade-out at the end doesn't look bad, but I think if you made it disappear from back to front, and maybe even disperse a little like a cloud, it would look even better.  *Edit* Or make the secondary effect loop more until the end.  I noticed at one point you hit Blossom quickly, and it looked much better because of this.

-Lazer eyes: The hitsparks seem to trail too far away.

Fire sneeze:  The flying version seems to me more like a fire fart, due to her attack pose :P
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
It's cute that she loses so much control on the air version, but I imagine it would look better and more powerful if she was leaned forward with her legs angled back (similar to her Stand version).

Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:40:37 PM by altoiddealer
#26  June 01, 2016, 04:26:20 AM
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Blossom looks amazing! Can't wait for the girls to be released.

Just an idea for one of Blossom's intro animations where she punts the twerking panda from the reboot.
#27  June 02, 2016, 02:39:49 AM
    • Mexico
Simply amazing.

You've very well captured her spirit from the show, and the general playful attitude of the girls when they are effortlessly decimating the bad guys like they are just some kind of toy.

Highly anticipating this release!

Comments (I'll update if I see anything else):

-Ice breath effect looks really good, but to me it looks like it's not coming directly out of her mouth.  I think you should trim it in like 2px from where it starts.  The fade-out at the end doesn't look bad, but I think if you made it disappear from back to front, and maybe even disperse a little like a cloud, it would look even better.  *Edit* Or make the secondary effect loop more until the end.  I noticed at one point you hit Blossom quickly, and it looked much better because of this.

-Lazer eyes: The hitsparks seem to trail too far away.

Fire sneeze:  The flying version seems to me more like a fire fart, due to her attack pose :P
It's cute that she loses so much control on the air version, but I imagine it would look better and more powerful if she was leaned forward with her legs angled back (similar to her Stand version).
Only someone who knows the original show can may notice my attempt to capture the original personality in the girls. I congratulate you for that observation.
I feel a little dissatisfied with the current result of that details too; I promise polish it a little more and if is nessesary, draw more sprites.
Thank you very much for the feedback you've given me and thank you for taking the time to evaluate my work. Greetings my friend!  :thumbsup:
Blossom looks amazing! Can't wait for the girls to be released.

Just an idea for one of Blossom's intro animations where she punts the twerking panda from the reboot.
Sorry Lucky, but I will not put anything from that lame "wannabe" pseudo-sequel; I don't like it; all its essence is lost. (That's all I'll say about that cartoon because I think that this is not the appropiate place for that topic), but I appreciate you're always aware of my work. Thank you my friend!  ;)
#28  June 02, 2016, 03:00:50 AM
    • USA
It's been a while since I've seen it, but I recall there being an episode in the later more ignored seasons which the narrator dictates that the three fight to the death, which among other things has them breathing fire at each other, not just sneezing.

Not that that tidbit of info matters, the fact you made it an accidental attack is perfect.  I don't have much professional advice on much, but the character looks like it's really coming together, and I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing out of it.  Great work as always, and hope to see more.
#29  June 02, 2016, 05:58:33 AM
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
So I've got an idea... but I understand you may not be looking to add in more content :)

I remember that a very common occurance in the show was that the girls or the baddies would crash into the ground, leaving a (sometimes smoking) body-shaped hole.  Maybe you could have the effect happen to Blossom if she has a fast enough Y velocity (and slow enough X vel?).  Or maybe you could make it happen to the enemy from that throw attack?  A solid black helper clone, vertically scaled down a bunch, could be spawned to serve as the "hole."

#30  June 02, 2016, 12:54:51 PM
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
No problem Omega. I too feel the same way about the reboot, it failed to re-capture the charm the original had.

Though I am excited to see the next update video.
#31  June 03, 2016, 07:23:07 PM
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Cant wait for this. I'm glad to hear youre going to add even more personality to the three!
vVv Mauru Mauru Released vVv
Re: OCT/30/2016 OMEGAPSYCHO's 15TH anniversary Project (THE POWERPUFF GIRLS)
#32  October 30, 2016, 11:07:35 PM
    • Mexico
A LITTLE UPDATE: (VIDEO DEMOSTRATION: COMING SOON)  ;)

Current development OCT-30-2016

#33  October 31, 2016, 12:29:32 AM
  • Time to give back to this place. Starting now.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Good to see that it's still being worked on. It's been so long since the last post.
#34  October 31, 2016, 01:15:35 AM
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Been thinking about this project, thanks for the update!

Looking good as always - keep up the good work!

#35  October 31, 2016, 02:11:46 AM
    • Brazil
I was starting to think you were dead. You used to release MK chars with small windows of time between them, but its been so long since you last released something.
#36  October 31, 2016, 03:37:19 AM
  • MK: Devastation Team Member
  • Just a youngster. :D
    • Argentina
Man, your chars are amazing! Glad to hear that the PPG are still being worked.

Seen you in YT and I liked the MK chars, also seen your last videos as well.

Good luck with all and with the MK chars. ;)
For MK MUGEN fans!
#37  November 01, 2016, 02:49:45 AM
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
PPGs look amazing! Can't wait for the release Omega.
#38  November 04, 2016, 07:02:34 PM
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Oooh, this gonna be good!
Re: NOV/23/2016 OMEGAPSYCHO's 15TH anniversary Project (THE POWERPUFF GIRLS)
#39  November 23, 2016, 07:51:25 AM
    • Mexico
 :bison:
#40  November 23, 2016, 03:42:17 PM
  • Be romantic, my friend.
    • Germany
Thank YOU for all your dedicated work over those 15 years OMEGAPSYCHO.  :)
#41  November 23, 2016, 03:54:25 PM
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
[youtube]https://youtu.be/OIsEB8CBtdM[/youtube]

Reposting video for you because I bumped the page...

Wow, progress is looking so good on this.  The animations are so smooth!

I love the running attack behavior, with > 4 steps becoming stronger ones.

Not much else to say besides I'm excited for the release!  Keep up the amazing work

Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 03:58:03 PM by altoiddealer
#42  November 23, 2016, 05:03:24 PM
    • Brazil
    • concurseiro190@gmail.com
Thanks omegapsyco!!!!!!!
You have plan to return tô make mk character soon?
#43  November 23, 2016, 06:45:19 PM
    • tusulan@googlemail.com

Thank you for your fantastic work! Your uniquely detailed characters are simply magnificent! :thumbsup:

It is a nice surprise to hear the voice of the MUGEN-BOSS himself in the video for the first time. :operator:

I wish you all the very best for the next 15 years in MUGEN. :hyo:
Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:50:24 PM by Teralon
#44  November 24, 2016, 01:48:00 AM
    • Brazil
[youtube]OIsEB8CBtdM[/youtube]
OOOOHHHH!!! I remember Skarlet was already being made, but I am glad Sheeva, Kabal, MK2 Raiden and MK2 Tanya are among your wips. Also, I'm really hyped about the female Noob, I didn't know about her.
#45  November 25, 2016, 12:12:43 AM
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Buttercup is looking good so far. Can't wait for the next update on Bubbles.

Also can't wait for more MK chars. I hope we'll be getting MK2 Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Noob Saibot, and Smoke.
#46  November 27, 2016, 03:51:31 AM
    • Mexico
Thanks omegapsyco!!!!!!!
You have plan to return tô make mk character soon?
Of course yes!; I think I've allowed them to hibernate for too long. is time that...
THE KOMBAT KONTINUES...

Thank you for your fantastic work! Your uniquely detailed characters are simply magnificent! :thumbsup:

It is a nice surprise to hear the voice of the MUGEN-BOSS himself in the video for the first time. :operator:

I wish you all the very best for the next 15 years in MUGEN. :hyo:
Thank you for taking the time to listen what I had to say, 15 years is too much time to give no signs of life; I'm glad you liked it.

And I will continue making this for too much time as I can; I know it's frustrating that it takes me so long to create new content but I think, make the work in a hurry, never go well, and I want to share with you only the best. Greetings!
#47  November 30, 2016, 12:12:55 AM
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Can't wait to see who's next in the MK character list. I know you still got a few MK2 characters to do before moving to MK3/UMK3/MKT
#48  October 11, 2017, 08:53:22 PM
    • UK
Many thanks OmegaPsycho!
I really enjoyed your Mortal Kombat and Boss characters in Mugen!