YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1253807 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:

dan

Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#621  April 21, 2019, 04:16:27 pm
Hey Dan, everything is working except the sound, it just keeps bringing up an error "OpenAL: Invalid name"

After some digging I think the problem seems related to the openal versions and binding. I tried to replace the OSX library for the custom installed and minimized the error messages but still no sound.
So far, I noticed the issue is mac only. Besides Windows, Linux works fine too.
I will first give a try on the android front then I go back to this. I think it will be more fun :-) 

#622  April 21, 2019, 04:37:33 pm
    • South Africa

Great! I am looking forward to the android build also!
#623  April 23, 2019, 01:03:56 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Since people are talking about features ikemen GO should have, I did remember saying these to K4thos but I might as well reiterate them again. Most of these are things that where pre existing in commercial fighting games other than one thing which was an abandoned mugen feature.
  • Stage intros: some stages already have this in mugen but with mugen they characters ignore the fact it's happening along with the life bar as well. I want to see them implemented properly.
    Example: https://youtu.be/0asY2HMxc3g?t=10 and a lot of SNK fighting games had this (I'm sure other companies did this as well)
  • Stage Depth and Stage FX: Using KOF as an example again with the Mediterranean stage, the characters start out in the background a bit then jump into the foreground as well their normal landing fx being overidden by the stage. I did see that 2Dee4ever did something similar to this in his full game, but I was thinking upon it just overidding every characters landing fx and such.
    Example: https://youtu.be/zhV11wG9zDY?t=13
  • Down system: From jjba:hftf, Darkstalkers 3, and other capcom fighting games. Rather than going to another round when one of characters is koed, they just fall over and get right back up until one of them loses both rounds
    Example: https://youtu.be/qZ6FWkfiiMs?t=64
  • Breakable walls and platforms: Since you are doing stage interaction, it would be cool to see platforms that the players can stand on and walls that can be broken. (one things for sure with the walls you'd have to make them god press compatible AKA any move that takes you to the corner)
    Examples: https://youtu.be/cBfNVqgYqg0?t=2542 , https://youtu.be/qkSl1toLDUw?t=121 , https://youtu.be/3zs0dy7ieY4?t=106
  • Mugen .AI file functions: Maybe you could see if you could revamp this system with a more modern neural network. I doubt this will get implemented but it would be cool to see this working at it's full glory (thread on the original system here http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/yall-know-that-ai-file-is-not-only-placeholder-155808.0.html)
#624  April 23, 2019, 01:22:11 am
    • USA
Let me know what you need to test. Can always make more builds. If you can put together the latest files I can compile more. You can have a separate screen for stage select. That was in vanilla days. The Rev Ikemen game.
Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 01:26:29 am by 2Dee4ever
#625  April 23, 2019, 09:57:59 am
I'm reading and studying ikemen....

i'm really excited to make something with this engine.

i have a question about the animated portraits, how to do it? i did download the notepad plus to organize the docs.

the engine is based on lua and it surely is great advantage.

Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:10:03 am by Mazemerald.
#626  April 23, 2019, 11:32:06 am
Even this engine being extremely more modern than Mugen, some people have resistance to use it for don't understand completely how to use it.

I think short videos with these themes can attract easier the users.

Example:

1 - How to make animated portraits

2 - how to put fighting order and boss

3 - how to change the continue screen

4 - how to add cutscenes

5 - how to work the scores on lifebar

6 - how could be a basic story mode

7 - how to change palettes or alternate mode for the characters

8 - how to set up a storyline for a individual character

9 - how to config the resolution and filters in ikemen

10 - how to change to another char row on select screen.

A step by step from easy way and with short videos.
#627  April 23, 2019, 12:33:03 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Even this engine being extremely more modern than Mugen, some people have resistance to use it for don't understand completely how to use it.

Example:

4 - how to add cutscenes

I'm agree with you, there is not much information related to ikemen and this would help a lot to be able to create material for that engine.
Another question that I have in mind it´s about all this new things. You are working on being able to adapt everything related to mugen 1.1, but these new features can be added to the mugen system and fight.def files, updating de old ones or should they be implemented in the new files that ikemen brings? Then, can we work with mugen and ikemen files at the same time or should we adapt all the mugen files to ikemen in order to use these new options? Thank you very much.
#628  April 23, 2019, 12:39:58 pm
    • South Africa
Well the engine is still in development, I think it would have some tutorials and other things once it has a proper stable release Imo.
#629  April 23, 2019, 01:52:20 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
Few days ago I wanted to migrate all the MvCE mugen project into the last ikemen update.. I could never make it work, just the loading screen, and my notebook became extremely slow,. I had to close ikemen that way.
Yesterday designing the Hyper Background I had a similar problem with mugen, but the engine just given to me a fight.sff error, the engine just could load all the file.. well.. now it´s in 450 mb, I believe that all the high effects is just too heavy for mugen.. I could solve it (I think) putting that my nvidia graphic card works with mugen too.
It´s a shame that probably we could use just a barely limit of high effects or 400 mb.. 450 mb for a file.
There´s a way to fix this in Ikemen?
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#630  April 23, 2019, 02:51:23 pm
    • USA
Well guys.. All I can say.. I’ve been trying really really hard to sell Ikemen.(not literally) I can’t do it alone. A lot of things on your list aren’t Ikemen exclusive, or as said, it hasn’t gotten to that point yet. There are guides here from vanilla Ikemen that still work, I’ve made various videos as well, shown various examples. A lot of the work you’ll have to do yourself with code.(can’t put everything on developers) The lag definitely is your PC, I know it may seem obvious, but update your drivers especially if you have a graphics card.

Despite what you may think of me... I’ve been leading a solo crusade all this time with 0 support.. It wouldn’t be too far off to say that I’ve been influential in a lot of what you have now, the sudden interest, people coming back etc. Imagine if there were more of you doing the same. You have to get your hands dirty, that’s why I’ve been encouraging you all so hardcore.

I’ll break down your list when I have more time. You can’t be lazy with this, not everything is going to be automated. Putting in some work shouldn’t shy you away from this, it’s specifically why I said it’s appeal is mainly for projects.

dan

#631  April 23, 2019, 04:02:17 pm

Example:

4 - how to add cutscenes

I think this is a separate issue (compared to code/features/tools/core development) and deserve a proper discussion venue. Perhaps 2Dee4Ever that's been pushing on this front could start this thread and gather people interested on it there and split the work. This thread could list the video tutorials.

Well guys.. All I can say.. I’ve been trying really really hard to sell Ikemen.(not literally) I can’t do it alone. A lot of things on your list aren’t Ikemen exclusive, or as said, it hasn’t gotten to that point yet. There are guides here from vanilla Ikemen that still work, I’ve made various videos as well, shown various examples. A lot of the work you’ll have to do yourself with code.(can’t put everything on developers) The lag definitely is your PC, I know it may seem obvious, but update your drivers especially if you have a graphics card.

Despite what you may think of me... I’ve been leading a solo crusade all this time with 0 support.. It wouldn’t be too far off to say that I’ve been influential in a lot of what you have now, the sudden interest, people coming back etc. Imagine if there were more of you doing the same. You have to get your hands dirty, that’s why I’ve been encouraging you all so hardcore.

I’ll break down your list when I have more time. You can’t be lazy with this, not everything is going to be automated. Putting in some work shouldn’t shy you away from this, it’s specifically why I said it’s appeal is mainly for projects.

2Dee4ever, not that this matter much but at least you sold Ikemen to me. :-)
I would say to not care too much about what people think. I think you work is extremely important to galvanize the community. At the end of the day all we want is to play the games and see they working on your videos is motivational. At least was to me.

Btw, you could also say what are your main problems on putting this together. We could design tools and features to make it easier.

#632  April 23, 2019, 04:45:12 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Sorry I don´t wanted to be rude! I love all the hard work that you guys are doing, (and if Ikemen will be the engine I will used, in the future if my game it´s complete I want to contribute to donate something for all the hard work)

Probably is my PC, yes, well, not my PC directly, probably the solution was that Nvidia never was working with Mugen (or Ikemen.. I have to try this). I changed this in my Nvidia options, and I think that now this issue dissapeared
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#633  April 23, 2019, 05:29:53 pm
new commits by neatunsou, 1 of them implements Gacel's changes, teh otehr im not sure, Gacel might understand (map array)
https://osdn.net/users/neatunsou/pf/ikemen_go/scm/commits/40bc805045a363253ecd91cf7e74dae5e1fcb3a7
https://osdn.net/users/neatunsou/pf/ikemen_go/scm/commits/6b91a994bd07b99b2e15e89e2195ceef28083a2d

@2Dee4Ever you also helped me and inspired me to use ikemen as well, i think in the last few months we've got a few new people here. Obviously its still in development but I think it'll take some time for the rest to fully realize ikemen, in time
#634  April 23, 2019, 05:54:54 pm
    • South Africa
Yeah same for me, I only found out about ikemen plus through 2dee4Ever's videos!
#635  April 23, 2019, 07:52:40 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Guys! Guys!
The map array is VARIABLE NAMES!
Code:
[Map]
Ryu = 1
Streetfighter = 1
man = 1
birthyear = 1964
Japan = 1
Ansatsuken = 1
Set an integer value with = in the name of the key map (string). If you have this map, in order from the top

Now we have interactive stages and variable names.
At this point I wish k4thos would update the post with the new Ikemen features.

I will release a compiled version. (I wish this could be automated)
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:03:05 pm by Gacel
#636  April 23, 2019, 08:42:26 pm
Whoah that's fricken sweet! So in practicality, how does this work within the characters? Are there objects we place with the map or do the objects exist in the characters, for example, if there is a car in the stage that you can damage? How are the variables used?
#637  April 23, 2019, 08:57:00 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Well maps works like variable so to set a map you could use
Code:
[State test]
type = mapset
trigger1 = time = 0
map = "birthyear"
value = 1987

And you could call it with:
Code:
trigger1 = map(birthyear) = 1987

Interactive stages work by using.
Code:
Attachedchar = <Insert stage char here>
Inside the stage file.
And with it a stage is also his own char so to make the car destroyable the stage could create a car helper that receives damage on hit.
The stage itself has infinite life and recives no damage so it could not be killed and can damage both players so we need to use helpers to make breakable stuff.

Maybe I could make a example of both systems.
Warning the example could have early elecbyte level quality of sprites:
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:20:53 pm by Gacel
#638  April 23, 2019, 10:36:09 pm
that would be great! and tahts no problem lol, maybe itll be easier to understand once i see it!
#639  April 23, 2019, 11:03:17 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Warning the example could have early elecbyte level quality of sprites:

What!? That is not acceptable! We demand high quality! lol, Thanks for all the hard work as usual.
#640  April 23, 2019, 11:56:24 pm
    • USA
What benefit does it have over interactive mugen? Using the common1 etc?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Example:

4 - how to add cutscenes

1.This was disabled in Go, it should be just as easy to enable. Possible by default with plus.

2.Here is the select for Ikemen, answers many of your questions
So.. In this example, this Ryu arcade mode the select def looks like..
Ryu, 1=Alex,2=Sakura,3=Sagat etc up to whatever you want.
Ken, 1=Terry,2=Robert etc in this way every character can have their own unique arcade order

3.The continue screen has its own file you can configure, just open it with notepad plus

4.Not yet implemented, can be done, but I haven’t experimented with it enough.

5.Add004 has its own built in score system. Look at wenchu’s one piece game for an example of a non add004 score system. K4thos was attempting to use assets from add004 without using the entire system, but stopped.

6.Not yet implemented(similar to cutscenes, can be done, but really depends on how you want to go about it.

7.This is a code thing and can be character specific. Using vars/remappal etc. In this example, Chris can turn Orochi Chris, or Orochi.(combination of pal change/sprite change)
In this example Charlie has 3 modes based on pal, no different than holding start specific characters.
In this example Kaede to Awakened Kaede(Two different sprite sets in one)
Iori to Orochi Iori

8. You can replicate “rivals” etc similar to SFA etc because of character specific ladders.

9. See options menu, you can set resolution in options

10. Read select.lua with notepad. Ikemen can scroll infinite rows.

11. There is no “easy” way sadly. Either you shoulder it or someone else does, that’s how I see it anyway.

This isn’t “story mode”, but I’ve experimented with making fights seem more cinematic.

SVC etc style dialogue for entire roster etc(This is my most recent setup)

Here is what arcade mode looks like, unedited etc using plus. Using that same method above for specific arcade order

This was done using the above method, but I edited the screens out and replaced them to make it look like I was using the CVS3 SP

So imagine if you really did have a SP, your game could/would look really legit.
Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:11:08 am by 2Dee4ever