YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4958092 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Samus and Kirby quick updates (4/9/23)
#1261  April 21, 2023, 05:40:51 am
  • Rate up is a lie.
  • Yeah I simp for Helm how can you tell ?
I found a bug where characters taunted non-stop when the round ran out of time. Not really a big deal but it's kinda bothersome to wait for the engine to decide the winner after a long period of time.
#1262  April 21, 2023, 06:47:32 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
I found an error where Marx can revert back to normal when he breaks out the opponent's grab during his down state. (You can KO him after that.)
https://streamable.com/rllhpp
#1263  April 22, 2023, 05:28:06 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Ridley Released (4/23/23)
#1264  April 23, 2023, 08:53:11 am
    • USA
Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 05:25:33 pm by OHMSBY
#1265  April 23, 2023, 10:21:54 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
Very interested to see your own take on Asuna and what you plan to do with Dark Meta Knight. Already guessing that DMK's gonna be Mirror in terms of Copy Abilities, though I do think a neat little touch to do with him in terms of him losing the match via KO would be to have him shatter apart like how he to does in his boss fights and with him being playable in Star Allies.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#1266  April 23, 2023, 10:37:12 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I was looking forward to this one. You did great, again. Some stuff:

- The Rapid Cancel sound is very hard to actually hear
- Dead Angle Attack should have vulnerable recovery frames
- Light Plasma Breath seems better than the EX version. I think since its main weakness is frame data, the EX version could either start or recover faster
- Space Pirate Rush being either a strike or a throw according to the button is just going to confuse the hell out of the opponent
- Wing Blitz only has one version?
- Skewer red screen should disable the foreground of stages
- P2's sprite while they're riding Samus's ship doesn't seem quite right. Maybe 5040, 10 with a slight angle?
- His 5030 and 5070 required sprite groups don't quite follow Elecbyte's standard. Will make him look weird in some throws. I suspect this is why you picked the sprite that you did in the point above because Ridley looks OK during it
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#1267  April 23, 2023, 11:08:04 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
As of right now, I don't have much to report on my end. But I should mention that you forgot to put the link to his 1.0 patch on the first post and your site. No one has access to it unless they look at his Read Me.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#1268  April 23, 2023, 05:45:57 pm
    • USA
Ridley has gotten a quick update:

Ridley:
- Increased the volume on the Rapid Cancel Sound
- Changed Dead Angle Attack's animation to have more recovery frames
- Ridley now flashes during the start up frames of Space Pirate Rush B to further differentiate from the A version.
- Foreground elements will now be disabled during Skewer's red screen
- Changed the sprite used for when the opponent is on the Gunship during Plasma Scream
- Changed the sprites for groups 5031, 5032, 5071, and 5072 to better reflect Elecbyte's standards

- Light Plasma Breath seems better than the EX version. I think since its main weakness is frame data, the EX version could either start or recover faster

While the EX version's animation is identical to the A version, the EX version actually becomes jump cancelable (and airdash cancelable if you're using the air version) the moment the 5th projectile has been launched.

- Wing Blitz only has one version?

Technically, no. The forward and downward versions are used for jC and j2C respectively. Back in the planning and drafting phases, all versions of Wing Blitz would have been allocated to jC, where as the upward version would have been j8C. However, when I actually started working on him, I found that the upward version worked better as his reversal than being j8C.

But I should mention that you forgot to put the link to his 1.0 patch on the first post and your site. No one has access to it unless they look at his Read Me.

Oh, well that's just embarrassing on my part. Added to the site and first post.

Very interested to see your own take on Asuna and what you plan to do with Dark Meta Knight. Already guessing that DMK's gonna be Mirror in terms of Copy Abilities,

Not only that, but some of the Mirror ability's moves will be incorporated into his moveset like in Star Allies. While Meta Knight has more emphasis on Rush Down, Dark Meta Knight will have more emphasis on zoning and set play.

#1269  April 23, 2023, 06:26:40 pm
    • Brazil
What? But he is too tall for this game!

/j
#1270  April 23, 2023, 06:47:43 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
While the EX version's animation is identical to the A version, the EX version actually becomes jump cancelable (and airdash cancelable if you're using the air version) the moment the 5th projectile has been launched.
Oh, I missed that detail. Yeah, being able to bypass recovery is a pretty good buff.

I fought his AI for a few matches. Some impressions:
- The most annoying thing about him is indeed Space Pirate Rush. Haven't tried your update though, but since the move already has a lot of recovery that warning may be enough of a nerf
- He always does 5A at mid distance, so if you can exploit that you can crush him
- His health seems too high for his mobility, even considering he's big
- Skewer is flagged as a throw in the Hitdef when it's a strike (noticed it because it bypassed counter moves)
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#1271  April 23, 2023, 09:56:59 pm
    • USA
Yeah, I was actually starting to wonder if I had his health set too high, so it's good to know that other people wouldn't object to having it lowered.

Anyway, time for another quick little update.

Ridley:
- Health has been lowered to from 1200 to 1050
- Adjusted how close the opponent has to be in order for the AI to use 5A
- Skewer is now flagged as a strike instead of a throw

What? But he is too tall for this game!

/j

My next metroid character will be Kraid as regular playable character.
#1272  April 23, 2023, 10:38:00 pm
    • Brazil
Btw, when you make Ganon, will you do this version (which I personally prefer)...

...or this one?
Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 10:42:26 pm by Macaulyn97
#1273  April 24, 2023, 01:02:32 am
    • USA
It will definitely be Smash Ultimate/Ocarina of Time Ganondorf.
#1274  April 24, 2023, 02:04:45 am
    • Brazil
YAS!
#1275  April 26, 2023, 12:55:38 am
    • USA
Oh yeah, I kinda noticed that Jin’s Ultra Burst activation quote no longer changes when up against Ragna. Was this intentional or just a weird oversight?
#1276  April 26, 2023, 05:11:23 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Speaking about Ragna, I also noticed the Soul Eater Spark Slow effect when the 3rd hit of EX Dead Spike plays multiple times instead of once. Was that an oversight too? I only see it once when the opponent is hit with Seed of Tartarus. so I figured it might be one.

It will definitely be Smash Ultimate/Ocarina of Time Ganondorf.
I had a feeling it would've been that. Ultimate had better Smash attacks for him because he actually uses his sword and aren't cloned from Captain Falcon.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 05:15:21 am by ZolidSone
#1277  April 26, 2023, 04:48:46 pm
    • Brazil
I just like the design more too.
#1278  April 27, 2023, 07:07:30 am
    • USA

Neither of these were intentional, and are both fixed now.

I had a feeling it would've been that. Ultimate had better Smash attacks for him because he actually uses his sword and aren't cloned from Captain Falcon.

It's actually possible for me to work on Twilight Princess Ganondorf with the Smash Ultimate moveset. However, like Macaulyn, I prefer the Ocarina of Time design.
#1279  April 29, 2023, 12:05:03 am
  • I'm Just Dude
    • USA
Btw I have something to ask

What Do you think about the authors that inspired your bbtag gameplay like ichida, resentone, k'6666orochi, and tornillo oxidado?

and also (This is not a request)

Will you do some special intros by other authors that inspired your bbtag gameplay ?
Real reason I'm Called "Dude" Cuz I watched Regular Show WOOOOOOAHH
#1280  April 29, 2023, 01:39:07 am
    • USA
Will you do some special intros by other authors that inspired your bbtag gameplay ?
As nice as that would be, I recall OHMSBY saying that him having his characters have special intros with other authors’ characters inspired by his style was a very low priority, so I don’t really see that happening unless he really decides to do it at some point. At most, I remember his Susanoo having a special intro with Ichida’s Chie and his Ruby and Yang having special intros with Orochi and Ichida’s Weiss and Blake, but that’s about it.
Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 01:42:15 am by Solid Snivy