YesNoOk

Best way to get ID from player who put you in Custom State? (Read 3473 times)

Started by airforce111, September 18, 2020, 10:10:30 pm
Share this topic:
Best way to get ID from player who put you in Custom State?
#1  September 18, 2020, 10:10:30 pm
    • USA
Say you want to detect when the player who put you in a custom state is in a certain state in simul mode. Whats the best way the player put in the custom state get an ID from that specific player?
Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 04:55:47 pm by airforce111
Re: Best way to get ID from player who put you in Custom State?
#2  September 20, 2020, 01:00:45 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Thats incredibly hard to sort out. Especially when you said simul... you can detect if enemynear(0) or enemynear(1) have targets. You can get the player id from that. Knowing if YOU are their target is basically impossible unless you hardcode ie opponent is clark by x and hes in state blah while i am in state bleh. Even then you can false positive as 801 is a very common throw state and its feasible both characters could be in it at once.

There is a dual redirect trick with cond i think which might let you check enemynear, target, ID = playerid. Haven't looked into that. Little out of the loop.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  September 20, 2020, 06:05:43 am
Say you want to detect when the player who put you in a custom state is in a certain state in simul mode. Whats the best way the player put in the custom state get an ID from that specific player?

I don't think there is a way to get the ID of the attacker.
unless the attacker use a way to tell the recever.

especially when the attacker is a helper.
#4  September 20, 2020, 10:13:58 am
airforce111, since you're using ikemen go, in next major version you will be able to retreive who is the attacker via gethitvar(playerno), which you can than convert to ID with GetPlayerID trigger.
#5  September 20, 2020, 04:54:59 pm
    • USA
airforce111, since you're using ikemen go, in next major version you will be able to retreive who is the attacker via gethitvar(playerno), which you can than convert to ID with GetPlayerID trigger.

lol I was just about to ask this in the discord server, guess this answers my question. awesome!