Started by Diepod, August 05, 2010, 01:04:49 am

Jed

Re: Diepod's Stuff
#4581  September 27, 2015, 02:57:29 pm
  • Retrun of the Spirit Dragon
    • www.jedex.webs.com
Yeah I got it already :p I'm fixing my post :P
Next Gen IX
Spoiler: "The Next Gen IX is here" (click to see content)
my stuff is open sources to all just minus my 100% original chars example dragon sword and other 100% original art work. But anything fan made is yours no permissions, credits, or restrictions necessary.

lui

#4582  September 27, 2015, 02:59:31 pm
    • USA
there's no need to "fix" anything, just don't do it again, it's simple.

Jed

#4583  September 27, 2015, 03:02:43 pm
    • www.jedex.webs.com
yeah like I said I get now move on shall we. I'm not that slow dude or need to hear say every post here

EDit on I guess I was just asking about how similar some seem to mine chars and though if you already know my char just was asking about your chars personalty's :P

I usual go over board on visual examples :P so sorry about that again everyone.
Next Gen IX
my stuff is open sources to all just minus my 100% original chars example dragon sword and other 100% original art work. But anything fan made is yours no permissions, credits, or restrictions necessary.
Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:16:23 pm by Jed
#4584  September 28, 2015, 07:11:06 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
so far I just noticing seeing yours remind me of mine in some strange way
on top of that I'm asking how you get your inspiration for them.

Well blue and red color schemes are nothing new or unique. Honestly I don't even see our characters as similar to begin with.
Bluestreak is mostly inspired by kabuterimon and electro in his white and blue outfit during the sinister six (when Venom was in the group in the 90s) Redstreak was inspired from She hulk's origin mostly.

also, i have to ask diepod, what IS genocyde exactly? an alien, mutant, metahuman, etc.

She would probably tell people she's an alien and a T-1000.
Genocyde is and accident. She was a human; mutated by a team of bio-engineers trying to create an answer to the "infected" and "paragons." (Monolith and Bluestreak respectively) I think the in story name for what she is would be an "artificial." Fun fact, Geno's name is supposed to be Genesis, and in game she'll be called that.
Spriting is hard.
#4585  September 28, 2015, 07:12:54 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA

All the Warriors.
Spriting is hard.
#4586  September 28, 2015, 07:29:55 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Nice, NIIICE! :D

I always used to think the outfit for Bluestreak was Venom-inspired because of the colors, but I never knew that Electro had a blue and white outfit back then.

And yeah, Redstreak was obviously She-Hulk inspired.

Pretty cool inspiration stories, I'm also looking at Marvel Comics chars for ideas for the stories of my own chars as well, and it's been mostly good.

Keep up the good work, Podster. :P
This is a generic forum signature.
#4587  September 29, 2015, 04:27:33 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
The tuxedo version of his costume is very similar to venom's design, but I didn't make that decision. Thank god.

Circuit Breaker:
Some jittery snappy nonsense is going on in the recovery frames of this one, they'll be dealt with before the sprites are actually finished.

Electron Spin:
I'm pretty happy with this one over all.
Spriting is hard.
#4588  September 29, 2015, 04:44:56 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
That electricity makes the move look so satisfying
#4589  September 29, 2015, 06:54:20 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
The hair movement at the end just makes it better. I just love it.

Shit
#4590  September 29, 2015, 09:53:37 pm
killer stuff diepod.. your characters are coming along great. its inspiring man.
#4591  September 29, 2015, 10:07:00 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
That spinning move looks so dope!

Jed

#4592  September 30, 2015, 08:00:25 am
    • www.jedex.webs.com
so far I just noticing seeing yours remind me of mine in some strange way
on top of that I'm asking how you get your inspiration for them.

Well blue and red color schemes are nothing new or unique. Honestly I don't even see our characters as similar to begin with.
Bluestreak is mostly inspired by kabuterimon and electro in his white and blue outfit during the sinister six (when Venom was in the group in the 90s) Redstreak was inspired from She hulk's origin mostly.

Funny and HQ was harping on me on originality when saying my chars are bad edit.  when my main char is inspired by myself, trunks and kyo kusanagi but aside form that............. yeah I know it's hard me to put the right set of words to say similar not what I meant. ethnically, outfit wise yes they are far different form my char but I bet fighting style wise and persona wise (it may seem like this to me. Maybe I'm wrong) let take wild guess

Bluestreak; (I say at just looking at him) main guy of the story Hard hitting fighting style seems balanced but has immense power
JED; samething guess  main guy of the story Hard hitting fighting style seems balanced but has immense power in dragon sword

Redstreak; main leading chick of the story faster, maybe more flexible, may rival Bluestreak or matchs in others areas.
Rei; also main leading chick of the story faster, maybe more flexible, may rival JED or matchs in others areas.

oh well i guess the outfit color, gender, fighting styles strike me as similar.  long ass story sort different inspiration, but similar choice of fighting style wise and persona. like if some turn my chars into yours I'd imagine they be something like yours.

yeah i tend to notice wired shit like where others don't.  cool work dude keep it up :kugoi:
Next Gen IX
#4593  September 30, 2015, 08:35:23 am
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
I think shying away from comparisons as a whole would benefit you just so you wouldn't see such harsh criticism. It largely feels like you are advertising or something as was said, and the comparisons as a whole don't feel extremely solid, which is probably why you're getting so much heat.

TL:DR, the comparisons would probably be best suited in your own thread with a user tag or something if you really wanted feedback from Diepod.

Jed

#4594  September 30, 2015, 08:54:43 am
    • www.jedex.webs.com
I guess. it really didn't strike me as such. anyhow I guess bring that old Thread  "post your Original chars" and talk  about ideas and stuff there
witch all I wanted to do really ask questions on he's works. anyway I'll do that then anyway planing to repost some stuff. :P

on top of that it really was just brain fart question. really was nothing to do with my work. but to ask something I just noticed. :P
Next Gen IX
Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:38:40 pm by Jed
#4595  September 30, 2015, 04:11:50 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Can anyone kick Jed out of this thread?
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand

Jed

#4596  September 30, 2015, 04:25:25 pm
    • www.jedex.webs.com
ok you this is why  MFG is also gets a bad rap here. guys like you just saying stuff like that. I was asking somethings but that you guys wanna play fuck off. seriously I'd to kick you off every jerk that just thinks it's funny to attack me like that . ok sheeesh and if ban for this don't expect me to care here though been trying to  be a least somewhat nice here. so whatever.

honestly if think that annoying I'll just delete my post but yeah is just ridiculous ok.

sorry i guess I'm over reacting again. just nothing more to say form here. 
Next Gen IX
Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:13:13 pm by Jed
#4597  September 30, 2015, 04:39:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It's not nice to go on and on about your own work in someone else's thread. I don't know where you go and it is nice to do this but I've never seen a place like that.

The off topic in this thread has gone on long enough. Any replies after this warning that are off topic will be deleted.

You may continue to post in said thread but make sure it's to discuss DiePod's own work. Or to respond to conversation he may start.
#4598  September 30, 2015, 04:57:04 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
Spriting is hard.
#4599  September 30, 2015, 06:55:52 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
Spriting is hard.
#4600  September 30, 2015, 07:12:12 pm
Thanks JNP for dealing with that stuff. I was out so I couldn't see what happened.
Nice drawing Diepod. :)
The alternate palette (for Concussion) is nice but I feel the skin's second lightest colour should be a bit darker (at least where his pectorals are).