YesNoOk

Last Bout: Styles Will Clash (Updated w/New patch 3/21/2022) (Read 84111 times)

Started by Sean Altly, February 23, 2022, 06:27:06 am
Share this topic:
Last Bout: Styles Will Clash (Updated w/New patch 3/21/2022)
#1  February 23, 2022, 06:27:06 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

Last Bout: Styles Will Clash is a loving homage to the classic 90's "World Warrior Tournament" style fighting game.

FEATURES:

-10 Original Characters, each one representing a different nation
-11 stages, one for each character plus a training stage
-Sleek PPV-like presentation with UI and Graphics designed by Mordecool
-Intros and Endings for each character
-6 Button Gameplay (4 attack buttons, 1 Grab button and 1 Special button for system mechanics)
-Offense/Defense Gameplay with two meters that fill based on your playstyle

SCREENSHOTS (more in the Spoiler):

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

DOWNLOAD (link updated 3/21): https://www.mediafire.com/file/nbbppl0aqpf8knm/Last+Bout+-+Styles+Will+Clash.rar/file
3/21 Patch - Use this If you DL'd the game before 3/21 : https://www.mediafire.com/file/fg3hhxvsfg4h5w6/Last+Bout+-+Styles+Will+Clash+-+March+21+Patch.rar/file

CREDITS
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I'm sure there will be one huge bug I forgot to fix before uploading, or a debug thing I forgot to take out, can't wait to find out what it was, lol

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 09:38:35 pm by Sean Altly
Re: Last Bout: Styles Will Clash
#2  February 23, 2022, 06:30:56 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Oh my god 2022 is the YEAR of fighting game gold.
#3  February 23, 2022, 07:28:30 am
  • Why,
oh... youre made this anyway!
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#4  February 23, 2022, 07:43:50 am
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
Nice! Can't wait to try this out!
#5  February 23, 2022, 08:45:02 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Congrats on the release! That menu screen looks especially crisp. Great designs all around!

EDIT: I have to say, as a black man I really appreciate allowing 1P to be a black dude. It might seem super small but most fighting game companies don't even do this. Good to see the representation, even in an indie project. You're awesome.
Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 12:07:38 am by Gritsmaster
#6  February 23, 2022, 10:53:32 am
    • USA
Tried it out and I’ve got to say Sean it’s a really fun game.
#7  February 23, 2022, 11:46:36 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

YES ! You did it!
The actual release!
Congratz!
#8  February 23, 2022, 12:03:07 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
I loved the game too, but I wish these soundtracks were not copyrighted from youtube and would be nice if Sean Allty could find someone can make a original music for this game or someone can help him out of making pure original music for the awesome master pieces
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#9  February 23, 2022, 01:41:28 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Everything looks pro. The design and care of the general aesthetics is amazing.
My petty and ambitious wish is that hopefully you plan to extend the life of the project with DLC seasons.
Congratulations and thanks for the release.
Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 07:41:25 pm by MatreroG
#10  February 23, 2022, 02:06:25 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Looking forward to trying this bro.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#11  February 23, 2022, 02:20:04 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Congrats! I was looking forward for this game.
#12  February 23, 2022, 02:22:44 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Just did two quick arcade runs with Siege because I think she looks sick. The presentation of this game is extremely good. The movement also feels really good. Congratulations on the release, Sean!

- Pressing c+z fills your defense meter instantly.
- Not a bug, but the AI has the issue of not using low buttons like at all. Because of this, you can get away holding back against most characters because you know they won't high/low mix you up. The only one that uses lows is Atleif because of low dash punch, and maybe Illian once in awhile.

Bryce:
- Readme says qcbk is millenium wheel and dpp is london eye, but the voice says the opposite
- LK > B+HP and cr.LK > cr. B+HP target combos whiff at most distances.
- s.HK hitspark looks misaligned.

Not feedback, just a fun Bryce combo :P
https://streamable.com/7k92ou

Elodie:
- You can cancel Deadly Nightshade at the end of the animation, which makes it look weird because she does the cancel animation twice.
- You can loop LP > HP > Violet Wing xx LP > HP > Violet Wing like 4 times in the corner which leads to extremely high damage: https://streamable.com/tk5qsk

Illian:
- s.HK > QCB+P xx micro walk xx s.HK is an infinite:
https://streamable.com/p98ecs

I'll try to lab the characters some more and come up with more feedback :)
Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 05:17:03 pm by KarmaCharmeleon
#13  February 23, 2022, 04:10:55 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Nice stealth release. Time for a public demonstration! >:)
#14  February 23, 2022, 04:22:55 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
This OST and sprites are hitting so hard, man! Good work.
#15  February 23, 2022, 05:07:03 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
This is the greastest wednesday of the year, for me; i'll totally breakdown this game's mechanics to the max, thanks dear Sean.
#16  February 23, 2022, 05:18:34 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Oh my god 2022 is the YEAR of fighting game gold.

Haha thanks!

Nice! Can't wait to try this out!

Gimme that sweet, sweet feedback

Congrats on the release! That menu screen looks especially crisp. Great designs all around!

Mordecool is awesome at what he does, best decision I made!

Tried it out and I’ve got to say Sean it’s a really fun game.

Thanks a lot!

YES ! You did it!
The actual release!
Congratz!

It felt like I'd never get done with the endings, lol

I loved the game too, but I wish these soundtracks were not copyrighted from youtube and would be nice if Sean Allty could find someone can make a original music for this game or someone can help him out of making pure original music for the awesome master pieces

I wish I could too, I used a lot of CVSNB's music in SHADEs but I didn't want to keep using his stuff that was meant for his own game. I actually made one of the songs in the game (the end credits) but I'm really only good at beats like that, not exciting fighting game stuff. If I can find enough stuff or whip up some songs that make it past YT I might upload a "Streaming Friendly" version with altered music

Everything looks pro. The design and care of the general aesthetics is amazing.
My petty and ambitious wish is that hopefully you plan to extend the life of the project with DLC seasons.
Congratulations and thanks for the release.

This game is 100% getting at least two more characters, and I have 8 more total planned out. I just didn't want to overextend myself and wanted to make sure the base game was good and felt complete. Also thanks!

Looking forward to trying this bro.

Looking forward to hearing what you think good sir!

Congrats! I was looking forward for this game.

Hell yeah, thanks!

Just did two quick arcade runs with Siege because I think she looks sick. The presentation of this game is extremely good. The movement also feels really good. Congratulations on the release, Sean!

- Pressing c+z fills your defense meter instantly.
- Not a bug, but the AI has the issue of not using low buttons like at all. Because of this, you can get away holding back against most characters because you know they won't high/low mix you up. The only one that uses lows is Atleif because of low dash punch, and maybe Illian once in awhile.

Bryce:
- Readme says qcbk is millenium wheel and dpp is london eye, but the voice says the opposite
- LK > B+HP and cr.LK > cr. B+HP target combos whiff at most distances.
- s.HK hitspark looks misaligned.

Not feedback, just a fun Bryce combo :P
https://streamable.com/7k92ou

Elodie:
- You can cancel Deadly Nightshade at the end of the animation, which makes it look weird because she does the cancel animation twice.
- You can loop LP > HP > Violet Wing xx LP > HP > Violet Wing like 4 times in the corner which leads to extremely high damage: https://streamable.com/tk5qsk

I'll try to lab the characters some more and come up with more feedback :)

THERE'S the big thing I forgot to remove, the damn auto fill for the Defense Bar that I used for debugging and shortcut purposes. Dangit!

I will look into and fix this stuff ASAP, I really appreciate your feedback, your help has been invaluable! I should note that I am not very good at AI, I was kind of hoping I might be able to talk someone into AI patches for the game, although it's probably better if I just learn how to do it myself, lol

Nice stealth release. Time for a public demonstration! >:)

Can't wait to see it!

This OST and sprites are hitting so hard, man! Good work.

Thanks, that means a lot, I've been working on this for a long time and I'm glad it's paying off.

This is the greastest wednesday of the year, for me; i'll totally breakdown this game's mechanics to the max, thanks dear Sean.

Looking forward to it.

------------------------------

Thanks for all the kind words folks, keep the feedback coming, especially bug stuff and balance fixes. I want to make this game as good as I can make it.

EDIT:

Illian:
- s.HK > QCB+P xx micro walk xx s.HK is an infinite:
https://streamable.com/p98ecs

Oh damn, day one infinite found, whoops! I'll fix that asap!

Download Last Bout now!
#17  February 23, 2022, 05:59:17 pm
    • Mexico
Finally. Another banger from Sean. This game has been a long time coming ever since Tristan was released like 10+ years ago. Will definitely have fun prying this open later today. Quick question from us lore enthusiasts, in what order do you recommend we play each ending in arcade mode to get a better sense of the whole story? Assuming some endings are canon and some endings aren't.
#18  February 23, 2022, 07:42:14 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Haven't had too much time to play yet but it's really fun! My only bit of feedback so far that hasn't already been said, is that Quavon's Defense Drive seems to not really work in the corner. It partially works and then he whiffs the rest because the opponent immediately wall bounces.
#19  February 23, 2022, 07:57:29 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Looks like one of the best things to come out of the Mugen engine. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Stuff:

General:
- Would be nice to have infinite meters in Training mode (other than the bug mentioned)
- Clash Scramble is stronger than Clash Counter IMO, so maybe their costs could be reversed
- Characters stay too long on the ground after falling (liedown time). Especially after a crumple. I think you should lose Mugen's way of handling that and use your own
- The powerbars could use more visual indication that they are full
- Unless I'm missing something, Crush Drive is going to be a problem, I think. It's not only unblockable but also guarantees a combo if the opponent tries to block it. In a game without rolling, parry, etc
- The screenpack is sick. Congratulations to Mordecool too
- Title screen F1 menu is behind the logo. Very, very minor issue

Bryce:
- Pushups don't stop automatically like the manual says. I kind of like that, so maybe it's the manual that needs fixing ;P
- I like that he has a hop kick that hits low just for how unusual that is
- London Fire is basically invisible in the Dojo stage
- Tower of London, being the defensive super, should probably have more invincibility than The Great Fire. This might apply to more characters

Tristan:
- You should specify in the manual that to do the M.G.K. followups you have to hold forward
- The Rising Son has a frame of vulnerability at the start that looks unintentional

Sasuke:
- I expected the Japan representative to be a ninja, or karate or whatever, but you made it a wrestler. For that you win again. Just wanted to say that, because I haven't tested him yet

Atleif:
- Eye color is wrong in the standing animation
- Standing HP can cancel into some specials but not others. Was that on purpose?
- His cancels are oddly limited compared to other characters. Normally this is a ticket to the bottom tiers

Will return with more when I get the chance.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#20  February 23, 2022, 08:44:49 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Haven't had too much time to play yet but it's really fun! My only bit of feedback so far that hasn't already been said, is that Quavon's Defense Drive seems to not really work in the corner. It partially works and then he whiffs the rest because the opponent immediately wall bounces.

Speaking of Quavon, I think his red trunks palette has a bug where his trunks change color to blue during certain animtaions.