YesNoOk

Auction alert (Read 177861 times)

Started by Sepp, August 27, 2007, 01:16:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Auction alert
#201  March 15, 2011, 07:33:40 am
I haven't posted on this forum or even been active in M.U.G.E.N for pretty much 5 years now and I don't plan on getting back into it. However, I'm posting here today to say that I support all M.U.G.E.N developers who actually take their time to produce something spectacular. Anyway, I've been supporting Shinnox for awhile and he's recently told me about these fools who steal everyone else's creations and then sells them as his own. People like that really tick me off and I'm here to support everyone who's M.U.G.E.N creations have gotten stolen or manipulated without permission. I've reported his trashy site to Enjin. Enjin is a webhost dedicated to clan gaming. First of all, he's using his site not for clan purposes but for selling stolen games. This goes within the ToS with the webhost. Another thing is that what he's doing is quite illegal due to the copy-written characters  and Elecbyte states not to sell the engine as it's available for free. I've posted a long message on his own forum explaining what he does but he banned my account and my IP too. I used a proxy to bypass that to make a new account only to realize he now set his website to where he must verify each and every new member. The fool and those who helped create the site should all be known through the M.U.G.E.N community as con artists and thieves. The word needs to get out there about these guys. People are becoming victims by donating to their site to receive a game only to realize the game was publicly available for free. Support the good fight!

Edit: In case no one read the past messages and don't know who I'm talking about. His website is http://mugenclangaming.enjin.com/. His twitter is http://twitter.com/#!/mugenclangaming and his youtube account is http://www.youtube.com/user/MugenClanGaming. As you can see within comments of some of his videos, he claims the work as his own which I highly doubt he owns any of it. particularly Ninja Kombat which is being developed by Shinnox but he claims it as his own and is selling the work on his poorly designed website.
Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:58:07 am by Sinr_Scurlo
#202  March 15, 2011, 04:18:44 pm
The worst part is charging for it, claiming you are paying for "processing" and "shipping". Like he's running some huge company.
#203  March 17, 2011, 08:57:48 am
If you're referring to Shinnox, he does indeed charge for shipping mainly because he figured people would prefer a hard copy. I mean, why would he pay to ship the game to everyone himself? If people want the game bad enough, They'll pay the shipping fees. Anyway, what's wrong with running your own company? You've got to start somewhere. You can't expect to wake up some day and a huge company building would fall out of the sky and then say "hmm, look at this huge company building that appeared in front of me. It's empty, so I shall start my own company and call it... CompanyCo."

Back to business, soon Shinnox may ditch the whole disc routine and bring Ninja Kombat to the public for free. This was spoken by him on his twitter account. Details are to be announced soon.
Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:11:53 am by Sinr_Scurlo
#204  March 17, 2011, 10:46:02 am
You gotta be joking right? The fact that ANYONE should charge shipping for a mugen is just bullcrap, I've never heard of anyone wanting a "hard copy" of a mugen game, he is taking advantage to make money off of his game.

MUGEN is free, the game companies are not suing mugen because we use their sprites, I'd like to keep it that way.
#205  March 17, 2011, 11:33:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

You cant expect to run a company without developing your own products to sell and instead selling stuff that is copyrighted either, its not like wanting to have a company means you get to sell what you dont own. If that was the case I would have a company selling photocopied comic books off the internet, the payment would be for shipping and i would get my materials free without having to pay writers
#206  March 17, 2011, 02:13:10 pm
If you're referring to Shinnox, he does indeed charge for shipping mainly because he figured people would prefer a hard copy. I mean, why would he pay to ship the game to everyone himself? If people want the game bad enough, They'll pay the shipping fees. Anyway, what's wrong with running your own company? You've got to start somewhere. You can't expect to wake up some day and a huge company building would fall out of the sky and then say "hmm, look at this huge company building that appeared in front of me. It's empty, so I shall start my own company and call it... CompanyCo."

Back to business, soon Shinnox may ditch the whole disc routine and bring Ninja Kombat to the public for free. This was spoken by him on his twitter account. Details are to be announced soon.

he was talking about the other guy.
and btw, umm, i havent charged anyone for anything. thanks for trying, but dont get shit twisted. ninja kombat IS free. i just didnt have it up for dl yet. didnt want to until it was finished. but for the people kind enough to make donations, i sent out FREE demos. and those ppl get to dl the finished version before it gets made public and get bonus characters and stages, etc. its totally different then what these douche bags are doin. their charging access to the downloads and for subscriptions to other ppls games and creations that you can get for free.

all we can really do is contact his subscribers on his site, youtube, etc and make people aware of what hes doing and hope they dont decide to pay for what you can get for free. sadly there will be some that dont care. but the ones that do count.
#207  March 18, 2011, 07:05:40 pm
  • No new messages
not really. money can never win against money. because money will win. the main reason why this guy's attack against you was so successful - is because no one really won't find your Ninja Kombat anywhere else. sad but true. there is only one way to restore the order and to ruin their gain from your game - fix these year old bugs and release a FREE beta to the people. I know you value your work, but now it's about creepy dudes make money on Your work. releasing a Better version free would be a hard decision, but believe me it will smash their greedy mouths.
you're the author, the editor and the coder. the situation requires you to prove it. so prove it. fix them bugs and release a better beta to everyone. No one will buy a worse beta for money when a real good beta is free. it worths a try, in my opinion.
#208  March 18, 2011, 10:28:37 pm
not really. money can never win against money. because money will win. the main reason why this guy's attack against you was so successful - is because no one really won't find your Ninja Kombat anywhere else. sad but true. there is only one way to restore the order and to ruin their gain from your game - fix these year old bugs and release a FREE beta to the people. I know you value your work, but now it's about creepy dudes make money on Your work. releasing a Better version free would be a hard decision, but believe me it will smash their greedy mouths.
you're the author, the editor and the coder. the situation requires you to prove it. so prove it. fix them bugs and release a better beta to everyone. No one will buy a worse beta for money when a real good beta is free. it worths a try, in my opinion.

http://dvmugen.webs.com/mugen_news.htm

thats actually what im doing  now. i was never gonna charge for it. the disc thing was just a special thing i was doing for those that were nice enough to donate. yea its my fault he got the game, bc i let my guard down and actually trusted the scumbag. been a good while since weve talked borg. nice to hear from you. and youre 100% right. and im already on it.

only other thing i can think is to get on their forum and let all the people actually giving money for what they can get for free, and let them know theyre getting ripped off.
Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:41:44 pm by Shinnox
#209  May 20, 2011, 07:21:37 am
  • all is love in fair and war
looking from point of view of a total newbie who is not familiar with mugen, and not that ambitious to spent few months to get infos, and hunt each character and stuff together by himself, paying few $ to have thing arranged and ready to play is a simple & quick wayout.

and when there is a demand, there would be supplier no matter its legality, so this problem will never go as long as getting mugen together won't get any easier.

for us to assembly our own mugen might be a hobby, and we can't understand why others want to pay for something that available for free, but it also requires time, patience, effort, and knowledge to do it.

if a friend of a friend (meaning somebody you don't really know) approach you to come to his place to help him to get his mugen works, meaning spending the whole day at his place dealing with boring task to assign every BGM into every stage, then assign every stage into every character, would you refuse if he offered you few bucks in return, not because you sell anything but just for the service you provide.

selling mugen content is against the law and I totally agree with it, but if somebody approach me
and say "dude I have 16gb of mugenz in my HDD can you stop over at my place and sort them out to look like your setting" then surely I won't offer my spare time for free.

at least he has to buy me lunch, snacks , and plenty of coffee in return.   
#210  May 20, 2011, 07:37:53 am
  • all is love in fair and war
my point is, I hope in the final release of mugen there would be:
drag and drop interface to install custom contents, or other automation to simplify the task.
that elecbyte could maybe make a server that offer free host of qualified characters and screenpack, etc.

#211  May 20, 2011, 01:54:04 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
you forgot jack daniel's and weed... but i kind of understand what you mean...although i would never accept any money: rather  just try to show him/her as much as possible how to do it on his own... after all, it is the whole fun of mugen, the self-making 2D fighting game of your dream type of thing, to me at least
#212  July 09, 2011, 01:41:47 am
  • The Red-Eyed Wonder
you forgot jack daniel's and weed... but i kind of understand what you mean...although i would never accept any money: rather  just try to show him/her as much as possible how to do it on his own... after all, it is the whole fun of mugen, the self-making 2D fighting game of your dream type of thing, to me at least
I also agree with this, and I have not (yet) contributed to the community. There's something about making things that's enjoyable. Not just knowing the bells and whistles, but finding out how games were (and still are) programmed. Of course, making MUGEN stages and characters isn't the same as working with more advanced software in a studio, but it gives people some idea of what it's like.
This thread is producing a shitload of bad grammar, at this rate it'll be a disease.

EHG

#213  July 20, 2011, 12:23:43 am
Edge is still up to his old tricks on MCG. http://xboxisozone.com/videos/homebrew/ninja-kombat-kirisute-gomen-version-2-0-dark-scorpion-vs-sub-zero-(double-ko)/

This guy doesn't know how to stop. My name on here was Anodion and I know I made some big mistakes but I am trying to fix them. EDGE has fed me too many bs stories and so I hacked games for him and stuck up for him and the site but my eyes are opened now. I am no longer a part of his circus. What he is doing is wrong and he needs to be stopped. It isn't fair to the mugen creators that he is taking there stuff and claiming it as his own and selling it. He still sells it and now he forces donations in order for people to get games. I have my own forum now and it's free for everyone and if I know who the Author of the games are i give them the credit they deserve. We all need to let the past be in the past and move on and figure out a way to stop this moron. He uses B2B to promote his site and youtube page and that's how he gets all of his hits and members. A lot of people do not know the real him or the bad he has done in the mugen community. We all seriously need to figure out a way to stop him and shut down Mugenclangaming. Shinnox once again I am sorry for hacking your moleboxed game. I know you are still mad and I don't blame you but im being a man and admitting my wrongs and I am trying to make them right. I didn't edit your game or change anything in it or even make money from it. i hacked it for him so he put me as a co creator and let everyone see i didn't create anything for that game. It was the genius mind of Shinnox from deadly venom mugen
Deadly Venom Mugen
#214  January 23, 2012, 06:32:59 pm
Re: Deadly Venom Mugen
#215  January 23, 2012, 06:36:36 pm
looking from point of view of a total newbie who is not familiar with mugen, and not that ambitious to spent few months to get infos, and hunt each character and stuff together by himself, paying few $ to have thing arranged and ready to play is a simple & quick wayout.

and when there is a demand, there would be supplier no matter its legality, so this problem will never go as long as getting mugen together won't get any easier.

for us to assembly our own mugen might be a hobby, and we can't understand why others want to pay for something that available for free, but it also requires time, patience, effort, and knowledge to do it.

if a friend of a friend (meaning somebody you don't really know) approach you to come to his place to help him to get his mugen works, meaning spending the whole day at his place dealing with boring task to assign every BGM into every stage, then assign every stage into every character, would you refuse if he offered you few bucks in return, not because you sell anything but just for the service you provide.

selling mugen content is against the law and I totally agree with it, but if somebody approach me
and say "dude I have 16gb of mugenz in my HDD can you stop over at my place and sort them out to look like your setting" then surely I won't offer my spare time for free.

I really enjoy playing the characters that Gary Fisher Created!
 will always support his efforts! Check out his site!
http://www.freewebs.com/dvmugen/main.htm
#216  January 23, 2012, 06:38:41 pm

thats actually what im doing  now. i was never gonna charge for it. the disc thing was just a special thing i was doing for those that were nice enough to donate. yea its my fault he got the game, bc i let my guard down and actually trusted the scumbag. been a good while since weve talked borg. nice to hear from you. and youre 100% right. and im already on it.

only other thing i can think is to get on their forum and let all the people actually giving money for what they can get for free, and let them know theyre getting ripped off.

#217  January 23, 2012, 06:41:03 pm

#218  January 24, 2012, 01:59:55 am
u really gotta spam all this shit?

i dont mind advertising or someone liking my stuff but sheesh.
#219  January 24, 2012, 02:09:52 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
he is posting your stuff on the auction thread, that means he is fingering you for selling mugen and doing illegal stuff.
#220  January 24, 2012, 02:19:41 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Are people STILL trying to sell Mugen?? Fucking really??

The only way I would ever sell anything Mugen would be charging for the CD it came on and the fancy case I'd create in PhotoShop. After actual cost figures, it'l cost you a nickel at most. That's when I realize its nonsense to nickel and dime people with fan created content created as a labor of love.

Even Capcom and SNK are cool with us. As long as it stays free.

I swear to god I'm gonna fucking punch someone in the face if I ever publicly see them selling Mugen off. Mark my words....  >:D
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.