YesNoOk

Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet (Read 242676 times)

Started by Rabano, December 04, 2022, 11:55:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet
#121  February 13, 2023, 02:33:32 am
    • Argentina
This is not much but today I shaded some sprites for his hurt animations

Also, because the spritesheet is like 70% complete, I asked KarmaCharmeleon if he can rip some sprites of Abel so I can use it to make a spritesheet of him in the future.
#122  February 13, 2023, 12:53:45 pm
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Definitely amazing work! I love the process of how El Gado is going!
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#123  February 13, 2023, 01:15:06 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Very good!!
And hype for Abel!
#124  February 13, 2023, 02:19:28 pm
    • Netherlands
Progress is looking good!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#125  February 14, 2023, 09:08:32 pm
    • Argentina
More finished sprites and animations:

#126  February 17, 2023, 01:22:24 am
    • Argentina
I made a quick change to one of his moves, Ambush:

Originally, if you press a punch button while doing this he does a quick slash attack (he still have that unchanged)

But if you press a kick button he does a slow command grab.

Well now the command grab is done by pressing K+P

What does he do if you press a kick button alone? he does a Cartwheel that slam the other player to the ground, is also a overhead, but you can't follow up with nothing (I mean, at least I dont to it, you can do what you want once I share the sprites)

and I think that's about it with all his special moves, he has five in total, with Ambush leading to three different outcomes. Now I need to see if I can make another Super and his "lvl 3" Super.
#127  February 18, 2023, 10:22:47 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Looks pretty slick. Feel like it's going to be a fun experience to try this guy out.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#128  February 18, 2023, 02:03:28 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

I love it...
I'm curious how long it takes you to add the details to one sprite after the "simple outilne+flat" step
Can you quantify it ? (I know it's not easy ^^)
Perhaps something like.
40% of time for simple step
60% of time for details

Also.
The more I watch your progress, the more I feel like I want to make a new character spriteset from scratch...
Not an existing one.
#129  February 18, 2023, 04:39:55 pm
    • Argentina

I love it...
I'm curious how long it takes you to add the details to one sprite after the "simple outilne+flat" step
Perhaps something like.
60% of time for details

Also.
The more I watch your progress, the more I feel like I want to make a new character spriteset from scratch...
Not an existing one.

I think your aproximation is the closest one, I honestly can't saw how much it takes, it depends on which sprite is and how motivated I am at the moment.

Also, with making a character sprite sheet from scratch, do you mean a original character or a character that doesn't have a spritesheet, like El Gado?
#130  February 18, 2023, 05:23:47 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

I love it...
Perhaps something like.
60% of time for details

Also.
Not an existing one.

I think your aproximation is the closest one, I honestly can't saw how much it takes, it depends on which sprite is and how motivated I am at the moment.

Also, with making a character sprite sheet from scratch, do you mean a original character or a character that doesn't have a spritesheet, like El Gado?

I think my time would be closer to 30%-70%
Because I'm particularly slow with details. ^^;

And sure it would be an original character.
Many ideas in mind.

Even if more and more I only aim to work on "less popular" characters, or customize existing ones, like I'm doing with Brian Battler.
#131  February 18, 2023, 05:55:31 pm
    • Argentina

I love it...
Perhaps something like.
60% of time for details

Also.
Not an existing one.

I think my time would be closer to 30%-70%
Because I'm particularly slow with details. ^^;

And sure it would be an original character.
Many ideas in mind.

Even if more and more I only aim to work on "less popular" characters, or customize existing ones, like I'm doing with Brian Battler.

That's cool, I also had some Original character's ideas, in fact I had a whole game idea I want to make (not sure if I'll be able to do it lol)
#132  March 08, 2023, 05:04:55 am
    • Argentina
I did little progress those days, school stuff and overall losing my time with something else, but I kinda wanted to share stuff often just to show that Im working on it and Im not planning on abandoning it.

said that, here's the little stuff I did:

I painted his LP, there's just a little more sprites to do, but its nearly finished, so I wanted to focus mainly in painting the sprites.

some little changes I did was adding two more sprites to his jump, just to add gravity on his hood, also I make a better sprites for his crouching HK (a slide)

and lastly, I did some sprites for his LVL 3 super (or hyper move or the move you want it to be) which is a counter move: he puts his hoodie on and start walking forwards to you, if the second player hits you, El Gado moves at high velocity and "dissappear", with the background getting pitch black and the second player confused, and sudlendly he appears behind the second player, grabs him in a choke hold, pull up his knife and then he straight up stabs you, then drops you to the ground.

all of this wil be kinda a cinematic thing, I'll see how its turns out.

the other stuff I had to make are another super wich is pretty simple, a air  super where he throws knifes to  you. also I need to make a lose animation and maybe a cheap ko animation, besides that the sprite sheet will  be finished.
#133  March 09, 2023, 11:13:52 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Hmm. Not to diminish your efforts with him, but seeing the shaded animation, it looks as if his upper body shrinks a bit during his LP. The shoes on the other hand become quite bulky.
#134  March 10, 2023, 12:50:58 am
    • Argentina
Hmm. Not to diminish your efforts with him, but seeing the shaded animation, it looks as if his upper body shrinks a bit during his LP. The shoes on the other hand become quite bulky.

Thanks for pointing it out, I need to be more consistent with those details
#135  March 10, 2023, 12:58:25 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 09:50:38 pm by DeathScythe
#136  March 12, 2023, 10:25:07 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Actually, at this point, the "bulky" part on boots is now part of Rabano's design... Some kind of trademark.

Sure it looks a bit strange, since the base sprite used didn't had this bulky thing.
But it would require editing this part on all freaking sprites ^^;

About torso proportions change, yes I also noticed it in some other animations, but it's not a major problem.
I would say this problem is really a problem in subtle movements like idle anim, light punch, walk etc.
#137  March 12, 2023, 11:39:52 pm
    • Argentina
Actually, at this point, the "bulky" part on boots is now part of Rabano's design... Some kind of trademark.

Sure it looks a bit strange, since the base sprite used didn't had this bulky thing.
But it would require editing this part on all freaking sprites ^^;

About torso proportions change, yes I also noticed it in some other animations, but it's not a major problem.
I would say this problem is really a problem in subtle movements like idle anim, light punch, walk etc.

yeah, but Toni is right on pointing it out, I know Im just starting with the spriting stuff compared with a ton of people here, but its really no excuse, I will keep a eye on those details, specially since my next idea is Abel, which have more stuff that I struggle with, like his muscles.

also, can you tell me which problems the subtle movements have? just to keep them in mind to not repeate it.
#138  March 13, 2023, 12:36:38 am
  • A.K.A. NED
also, can you tell me which problems the subtle movements have? just to keep them in mind to not repeate it.

What have been pointed before. ^^
The torso width changind during his light punch.
Also perhaps lower part of his pants moving a bit too much. (becoming big or something)
Always try to use references (not just for poses, but also for how a character's outlines have very similar transition bewteen frames.
-> having a look at Ryu's light punch would help.

Not sure if you have this problem with other animations.
I like the fact you give a chance to Abel.

#139  March 13, 2023, 01:10:31 am
    • Argentina

Also perhaps lower part of his pants moving a bit too much. (becoming big or something)
Always try to use references (not just for poses, but also for how a character's outlines have very similar transition bewteen frames.

Yeah Im trying that, I did it  with the Captain Kidd I posted in the cvs sprite thread, I was  looking at Ryu's muscles as a example, that's something Felo also told me.

I also want to give Akira a chance, and maybe retweek Chucho's Juri.
#140  March 13, 2023, 01:12:16 pm

Yeah Im trying that, I did it  with the Captain Kidd I posted in the cvs sprite thread, I was  looking at Ryu's muscles as a example, that's something Felo also told me.

I also want to give Akira a chance, and maybe retweek Chucho's Juri.

Which Akira? Akira Yuki or Akira Kazama?