YesNoOk

[CPS2-COMPLETE] Misty Sprite Library (Read 7344 times)

Started by no1wammy, December 24, 2022, 11:41:22 pm
Share this topic:
[CPS2-COMPLETE] Misty Sprite Library
New #1  December 24, 2022, 11:41:22 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com

Introducing Misty, the Cerulean City Gym Leader from the Pokemon video game series. She is joined by her companions Staryu, Corsola, Politoed, Gyarados, Dewgong, and of course the dim-witted lovable Psyduck. And the best part of all this: you actually get to play as the Gym Leader. Sprites designed by Countgate, with additional works from Hatter, Hien and Omegachaino.

This ZIP file consists of the following:
- All image files of Misty and her Pokemon in both PNG and PCX
- An Excel spreadsheet file (XLSX format) detailing sprite animation order (Microsoft Excel required to read XLSX file)
- A Readme HTML file describing how to read my Excel file

You will have already noticed this folder does not contain MUGEN data or information. I have no experience in coding MUGEN characters, hence the reason this thread's placement in the Sprite Projects folder. The sprites for Misty and her Pokemon are complete; the only thing missing is a character icon; projectile sprites like water, needles, bubbles and beams; and other related special effects I may not be aware of.

This was a three year project in the making (perhaps more), and I couldn't have done it without the spriters I've worked with in that time. Extra special thanks go to Sir T. I am hoping this character will one day debut in the MUGEN scene soon.

Misty Sprite Library

If you have any questions about this character, please leave a reply and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

EDIT: Mediafire link added. Thanks to Great Funk.

12-26-2022: 7:34:11 PM: Corruption found in PCX files, links removed, ZIP file removed
12-26-2022: 12:11:57 AM: New link, ZIP file with just PNG
Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 12:42:28 am by no1wammy
Re: [CPS2-COMPLETE] Misty Sprite Library
#2  December 25, 2022, 08:43:38 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
These are honestly pretty good. I just think she came out a bit too boyish in some animations.

Are you looking for a particular type of gameplay or just hoping to see people make as many interpretations as possible?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3  December 25, 2022, 09:53:32 am
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
In general, for the MUGEN community, she is meant to be an MVC-type fighter. She has tagging and assist functions, and is capable of aerial raving. The difficult part for programmers will perhaps be the implementation of her Pokemon as projectiles (such as Staryu and Politoed's second attacks) and as gethit elements: you can actually hit one of her Pokemon during one of their attacks to "negate" their actions.

I wouldn't mind seeing other people's personal interpretations of the Cerulean City Gym Leader. Some users will want a different Pokemon instead of the archived roster: her video game counterpart makes use of Golduck, Quagsire, Milotic, Swanna and Starmie (who was at one point going to be a part of the roster), just to name a few. Sprite artists have free reigns to revising existing Misty sprites or adding new ones via the Spritesheet Expansion Thread.
#4  December 25, 2022, 01:02:10 pm
Can you upload it somewhere else, please?
#5  December 25, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
Glad to be part of this project
Here's a portrait I did to commemorate
#6  December 25, 2022, 11:16:35 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
#7  December 26, 2022, 05:18:43 am
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
Ooh, an idea I could leave in the backburner for a rainy day. These sprites look brilliant, and I'd be more than happy to use them for a character project someday!
#8  December 26, 2022, 06:17:24 am
Those are some pretty good sprites!

I wish I knew how to code because I’d definitely code this and the CVS Pinhead, Eric Draven and Michael Myers sprite sheets

Did they make Ash Catch em as well?
#9  December 26, 2022, 06:27:20 am
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
#10  December 26, 2022, 02:02:56 pm
Thanks, GreatFunk, for the mediafire link.

Many sprites in the pcx folder are ruined, I'm checking them now in Irfanview.

Stuff like crlk02 (missing some colours) could be fixable if you know how to sprite:

but other stuff like crlk03 is outright impossible to recover. I wonder how that happened.

I suggest you to check all the sprites in all the folders and fix the ones that are damaged.

Luckily the png folder for Misty has all the sprites. It's not the same case for the Pokemon.
In fact the Pokemon png folder has less elements than the Pokemon pcx folder. The png folder is missing Gyarados.
Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 02:08:15 pm by AlexSin
#11  December 26, 2022, 06:58:02 pm
    • USA
Very glad to know it wasn't just me and my ancient pc
#12  December 26, 2022, 07:30:29 pm
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
That... is extremely weird.

So I am going through the PCX images using Honeyview, my image preview viewer... and they look just fine (missing pallets notwithstanding). Here's a comparison example:

But when using Irfanview... you're right.

I have no idea how this happened. The only thing I can tell you is how they were produced. I made a macro in Adobe Photoshop that does the following:

1. Opens a PNG file
2. Image > Mode  > Indexed Color (Palette Exact, Transparency Off, Matte Custom Color #00ff00)
3. Save as PCX file
4. Close PNG file

I will delete the existing 4shared link, and later, send an updated version to Great Funk via PM. The new version will be PNG only. Funk, if you're reading this, please stand by.

With regards to PCX, I now need a new method following the Photoshop mishap. I am looking for a program or method that will let me do exactly the following: extract all layers from a PSD file to individual PNG files (with transparency) or MUGEN-compatible PCX files.

Thanks Alex for catching this.

EDIT: PM sent to Great Funk.
Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 07:49:43 pm by no1wammy
#13  December 27, 2022, 12:19:27 am
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Once again, Great Funk to the rescue. New link provided!