YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2583981 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#861  May 16, 2012, 07:07:08 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Capcom Announces Ex Troopers for PS3 and 3DS
Strange choice of consoles.
Famitsu has first word on a new Capcom title this week. Titled Ex Troopers, this action shooting game is being developed for PS3 and 3DS release under the watch of producer Shintaro Kojima (Monster Hunter series).

Ex Troopers shares the same world view as Lost Planet. However, the game has an anime visual style and a school-themed story. According to a summary of Famitsu's article from Sinobi, the game looks like a science fiction Justice Gakuen. Between stages, the game uses a "manga demo" event system similar to what was used in Gravity Rush. Capcom will be using May'n for the game's theme song.

We'll likely get additional details from Famitsu later in the day, and a first look later in the week, so be sure and check back!
Lost Planet offshoot EX Troopers may have just been announced this week, but it's already set for a playable debut. The game will appear at the Capcom Summer Jam event in playable form. Capcom Summer Jam will be held at Tokyo Big Site on June 30 and July 1.

Here are some additional details on EX Troopers from Famitsu's reveal article and a summary at Sokuho.

EX Troopers tells of the fight between the snow pirates and Akrid aliens on EDN-3rd. You play as Bren Turner, a young man who's come to the academy (the game has a school theme) from EDN-2nd. Famitsu also introduces such characters as TeeKee, a female snow pirate who has the ability to communicate with the Akrid, and Gingira, a Vital Suit that's loaded with next generation AI and can communicate with its pilot. Gingira calls Bren "Master."

The EDN-3rd planet has three bases, each with unique traits. You select one of these to serve as your base of operations. The three bases figure into the story, as while Bren comes from one base, other members of the academy come from different bases. The story will be told through "manga demo" cut scenes (similar to Gravity Rush).

Famitsu managed to get some interview time with Shintaro Kojima, the game's producer (previous work on the Monster Hunter series). The game was started with the hope of making a beginners' action shooter, explained Kojima. While EX Troopers shares its world setting with Lost Planet, they hope that players play it lightly as a new title.

Unfortunately, the reveal article does not seem to have much in the way of gameplay details. But with a playable debut coming next month, we'll hopefully get details over the coming weeks.

EX Troopers will see 3DS and PS3 release some time this year. The game is currently 60% complete, Famitsu reports. Capcom is also planning developments outside of games for the title

Nomura: New Titles Take Priority Over Final Fantasy VII Remake
Famitsu has an anniversary feature on Final Fantasy VII this week, complete with an interview with character designer Tetsuya Nomura.

In the interview, Nomura admits that there is much desire for a Final Fantasy VII remake. However, the focus is now on making new titles, he says. They're working to make these new games match or even top Final Fantasy VII.

Nomura also says that he personally believes Yoshinori Kitase is the true successor to the FF series.

The Nomura interview also included some development trivia. The Yufie character was originally planned to be a wanted person, according to Nomura. In Midgar, you'd see wanted posters showing her face. Each poster would have a different face, and the Yufie that joined your party would have the face of the last poster that you saw.
Then why are we getting a FFX HD remake and not VS. 13.

Baba Talks Next Tales With Famitsu
Similar to last week's Jump, this week's Famitsu has a teaser look at the new "Next Tales of" game that Namco Bandai will be announcing in early June. But unlike Jump, Famitsu managed to get some commentary from series producer Hideo Baba.

Baba confirmed that the game is indeed a mothership title. The catch phrase for the game is "Are you prepared to destroy the world for the girl?" This phrase apparently has some ties to both the story and gameplay systems.

Previous titles were "high fantasy" games with swords and magic. This time, the game will have a more modern theme. The game's world view will be thick with cultural elements.

Despite these changes, Baba assured that the game will have the Tales play feel. However, he also said to consider this the team's challenge to take the Tales series to the next stage.

Outside of the new Tales mothership game, Baba said that Namco Bandai has other Tales games in development.

He also commented on the the recent closure of Tales Studio. The studio's staff moved into Namco Bandai. He believes this change will have some positive effects, as members of the Tales team can move to the Idolmaster team, and members of the Soul Calibur and Taiko Drum Master teams come to the Tales team.

@patrickklepek: THQ "in discussion" with other companies regarding Itagaki's Devil's Third. No longer "fits THQ's profile."”

Jim Reilly ‏ @jimreilly
The future of Devil's Third is up in the air.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/16/the-two-unforeseen-events-that-plagued-devils-third/

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/15/cave-cancels-playstation-vita-shooter-and-social-game/
Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:13:30 pm by Black Egrets Leader
#862  May 16, 2012, 08:23:09 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Capcom is 're-evaluating' its DLC policies because enough people started crying about it.
Capcom has taken heavy fire from gamers upset with the publisher's tendency to ship some of its games with on-disc downloadable content. Physical copies of games like Dragon's Dogma and Street Fighter X Tekken ship with content that you can only access if you dish out extra for the privilege.

Capcom Senior Vice-President Christian Svensson addressed the controversy in a blog post last night, saying the company plans to revisit its DLC strategy soon:

We've been getting several questions, here and elsewhere about the future of on-disc DLC.
We would like to assure you that we have been listening to your comments and as such have begun the process of re-evaluating how such additional game content is delivered in the future. As this process has only just commenced in the past month or so, there will be some titles, where development began some time ago and that are scheduled for release in the coming months, for which we are unable to make changes to the way some of their post release content is delivered.

In other words, upcoming titles like Dragon's Dogma, out May 22, can't be changed. It's too late to remove that game's on-disc DLC. But Capcom might approach its projects differently in the future. Or so they say.

http://kotaku.com/5910558/capcom-says-its-re+evaluating-on+disc-dlc-policies

Way to go, you big babbies.  You did it.
#863  May 16, 2012, 09:21:04 pm
So you LIKE Capcom's current DLC policy?
#864  May 16, 2012, 09:21:11 pm
  • SNK is life
Capcom is 're-evaluating' its DLC policies because enough people started crying about it.

Way to go, you big babbies.  You did it.
::)

SFxT, go to ELITE CHANNEL
+ find your Unreleased On-Disc DLC characters kicking ass.
+ realize it was a stupid idea to begin with
+ remove it from the PC version, because haxors will get it.

I don't think it's about people starting to cry (lol this has been an issue all along since it was discovered) but more like Capcom realizing they lose face by doing it, and that people will crack it anyway ... so it's not good business.

#865  May 16, 2012, 09:48:27 pm
    • USA
So if the Content is already done by the time the game release does it make a difference if it's on-disc,off-disc or on another disc. does it not being on the disc make it better let's say the 12 characters were done but not on the disc is that better than them being on the disc either way you can't access finished content it being off the disc just makes it easier for people to fall for it.

Anyway

Amazon lists Wii U games for $49.99 i assume this is a placeholder for the real price i can't see third party developers selling there games for 10 dollars less on the Wii U while they are still $60 on PS3 and 360 Nintendo selling their games for 50 i could see though.
http://www.amazon.com/Tekken-Wii-U-Nintendo/dp/B0050SVH2W/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_2
http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Gaiden-Razors-Edge-Wii-Nintendo/dp/B0050SVH18/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_1
http://www.amazon.com/Dirt-Wii-U-Nintendo/dp/B0050SVH4U/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_7
#866  May 16, 2012, 09:54:58 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So you LIKE Capcom's current DLC policy?

I don't have as much of a problem with it as most people do.  If content is going to be downloadable no matter what, I'd rather have it on the disc to begin with so it doesn't eat the memory on my console.
#867  May 17, 2012, 03:56:03 am
    • USA
#868  May 17, 2012, 05:51:46 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
. . .Forsaken Souls?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD THEY'RE ALREADY MAKIN A THIRD ONE.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659

Pal

#869  May 17, 2012, 06:06:02 am
    • Argentina
E.X. Troopers PV

I'm not really a fan of school-themed anime styled games. But the visuals in this thing are appealing and the characters look surprisignly interesting in design.

Not hyped, just intrigued. I'll have my eye on this one.
#870  May 17, 2012, 11:46:14 am
Spoiler: Your signature is oversized. Please read the rules next time. (click to see content)
Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:56:06 am by blackstar
#871  May 17, 2012, 03:28:26 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
#872  May 17, 2012, 04:19:09 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ npe there were no newer news about it anywhere
#873  May 17, 2012, 05:09:11 pm
    • USA
Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:14:09 am by Black Egrets Leader

GOH

#874  May 17, 2012, 05:15:06 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#875  May 17, 2012, 07:05:48 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Yeah that thing is just wrong.

Might as well make it into a third person cover shooter.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#876  May 17, 2012, 09:05:13 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#877  May 18, 2012, 06:46:14 am
    • USA
Dragon Ball Sparking Omega Announced for PS3 and Xbox 360
This month's issue of V Jump has a first look at Dragon Ball Sparking Omega, the next PS3 and Xbox 360 entry in the Dragon Ball franchise.
According to reports from V Jump flying getters, Omega will be the "final form" of the Sparking series and will have the largest number of characters in Sparking history. A release is set for this Winter.
We'll hopefully have confirmation and official announcement later this week
After Ultimate Tenkaichi don't think i can get excited

Spanish Retailer lists Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi HD Collection(same retailer that listed DMC HD collection before it was announced)
Don't see the point of of all 3 being in it who is going to play BT1 when you could play BT2 or 3. start the blah blah blah Budokai 3 is better blah blah blah

Sega Ages Hits Next Week; Golden Axe and Streets of Rage Also Announced
Sega has set final release date of May 23 for the first round of Sega Ages Online releases, and also announced the next round of titles.

As previously reported, Sega will launch the downloadable retro collection on PS3 and Xbox 360 through six games: Alex Kidd Miracle World, The Super Shinobi, Super Hang-On, Wonder Boy Monster Land, Wonder Boy V Monster World III and Monster World IV. These will be individual releases on PS3, priced ¥600 each. On Xbox 360, they will be split into two 800 Microsoft Point consisting of Alex Kidd, Shinobi and Hang-On in one set and the Wonder Boy games in the other set.

The second round of titles will hit on May 30. Golden Axe Collection and Streets of Rage Collection will be released exclusively for Xbox 360, priced 800 MSP each set. Golden Axe Collection includes the 1989 arcade Golden Axe game and the Genesis/Mega Drive Golden Axe II and Golden Axe III. Streets of Rage Collection includes Streets of Rage I, II and III.
Wow cheaper than i expected them to be.

More stuff for EX-troopers it's also been trademarked in Europe and America, getting a MML3 vibe from it the art style and this guy who happens to look like a guy from MML3 if it was MML3  or this I'd choose this and Voltnutt is my Favorite Mega Man.
#878  May 18, 2012, 02:19:20 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Weren't they planning to do a Kinect version of Dragon Ball? Is Sparking Omega that one?

Also, that retail version is just plain stupid, since in each Budokai Tenkaichi games they always cover the same then add more things, like GT saga. Just grab the BT3 and that's it, you're going to have everything.
#879  May 19, 2012, 12:38:16 am
    • USA
#880  May 19, 2012, 02:33:56 am
    • Germany
Amazon lists Wii U games for $49.99 i assume this is a placeholder for the real price i can't see third party developers selling there games for 10 dollars less on the Wii U while they are still $60 on PS3 and 360 Nintendo selling their games for 50 i could see though.

I don't think so - you can preorder those games at those prices right on those pages you linked. "Preorder price guarantee" and stuff.