YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2596061 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#1121  June 09, 2012, 02:02:18 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#1122  June 09, 2012, 02:06:11 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Putting aside the sheer ridiculousness of offering pre-orders on a game that, in all likelihood, hasn't begun production yet, I absolutely love the fact that they felt the need to qualify that with the 'not final box art' bit.
#1123  June 09, 2012, 02:06:58 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The final boxart has black text on a white background.
#1124  June 09, 2012, 04:12:25 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#1125  June 09, 2012, 09:45:23 am
    • USA
Shigeru Miyamoto talks bringing 'The Legend of Zelda' to the Wii U
Q: We know there’s a new Mario game coming for the Wii U, New Super Mario Bros. U. Last year when the Wii U was first introduced, a standalone Zelda battle scene was created to showcase the system’s high-definition graphics. What about the Wii U intrigues you for what you could do in a Zelda game?

Miyamoto: Obviously we stared that experiment last year and used that to sort of showcase some of the HD visuals. And obviously when you look at that, you do get a positive reaction to how simply having the HD visuals in a Zelda game can really make the game look wonderful and give it sort of a high-quality feel. But one thing that’s interesting is we’re seeing how the way that tastes are broadening in video games and you have some people who prefer more casual experiences, and you have some people who prefer sort of those more in-depth experiences. Obviously, as a company that’s been making games for a very long time, we tend to be more on the deeper, longer game side of things. But really what we continue to ask ourselves as we have over the years is, “What is the most important element of Zelda if we were to try to make a Zelda game that a lot of people can play?” So we have a number of different experiments going on, and [when] we decide that we’ve found the right one of those to really help bring Zelda to a very big audience, then we’ll be happy to announce it.

Q: So you’re sort of in the R&D stage?

Miyamoto: Yeah. With the last game, Skyward Sword, that was a game where you had motion control to use your weapons and a lot of different items, and I thought that was a lot of fun, but there were some people who weren’t able to do that or didn’t like it as much and stopped playing partway through it. So we’re in the phase where we’re looking back at what’s worked very well and what has been missing and how can we evolve it further.

I hope instead of just dropping Motion controls they just add a option that lets you turn them off and just use a regular controller or what not, even though i had trouble with it in SS(then again I'm only in the first dungeon still so i'm not use to them yet) i felt it was pretty unique and gave it more of your in control of the sword and it depends on you feel.
#1126  June 09, 2012, 10:12:16 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#1127  June 09, 2012, 10:16:08 am
    • Germany
Miyamoto: Yeah. With the last game, Skyward Sword, that was a game where you had motion control to use your weapons and a lot of different items, and I thought that was a lot of fun, but there were some people who weren’t able to do that or didn’t like it as much and stopped playing partway through it. So we’re in the phase where we’re looking back at what’s worked very well and what has been missing and how can we evolve it further.

Oh god, I hope they don't do genre-redefining stuff like FF13 :uhoh:
#1128  June 09, 2012, 10:22:20 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
yay..change Zelda to a God of War clone...plz!!!
#1129  June 09, 2012, 10:25:20 am
    • USA
Oh god, I hope they don't do genre-redefining stuff like FF13 :uhoh:

I don't think it'll go that far though with the Wii U pad having a screen i think it'd be interesting if they made the next game have some parts or dungeons that would switch it to a top down Zelda like ALTTP that you would play on the Wii U pad screen and have a map for the TV screen till you finish that dungeon or part.

DMK

#1130  June 09, 2012, 12:51:37 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
I'm on the same boat, I hope the DLC content can still work from KR1 to KR2.

And I hope they throw in MORE characters, lots more characters.

Never did pickup all the DLC, I mainly picked up the original costumes to characters I liked, especially Ken's whos new designed irked me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMozuRfrWUA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Am i the only one who noticed that the Shine Maiden and Maid look like they magically grow boobs when they transform.

My hopes for this game coming out continue to demenish as Phantom Breaker itself continues to slip further into the year. Seriously, its been pushed back at least 3 times now.

#1131  June 09, 2012, 05:36:43 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#1132  June 09, 2012, 05:37:23 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
The legend of zelda: lords of shadows
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#1133  June 09, 2012, 06:29:46 pm
the best part of Zelda, IMO was and always is exploration. There isn't enough of that anymore, atleast not on larger scale than we're accustomed. The Twilight Princess overworld never felt like it was much bigger than the original LoZ overworld back on NES. They should make a LoZ game that is much more open (Not in the form of a Great Sea or Great Sky or whatever.), than before, the motion controls were okay, because they made it so combat in boss battles isn't as simple as *use tool to exploit weak spot* -> *attack attack attack*.
#1134  June 09, 2012, 06:48:04 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I loved the exploration part in Skies of Arcadia
#1135  June 09, 2012, 06:50:58 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Need more games with great exploration.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#1136  June 09, 2012, 11:47:36 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
http://kotaku.com/5917123/psn-picked-a-strange-weekend-to-have-an-outage

PSN.  DOWN. AGAIN. >:(
Just when I had some free time.

From Kotaku said:
Good old Error 8071053D is back if you try to sign into PlayStation Network from your PlayStation 3. If you try to log in to a PlayStation web site, you get a page tells you the site is down for maintenance. These outages affect North American servers.

It doesn't appear to be regularly scheduled, as PSN underwent regular maintenance on May 24, and the weekend after E3 would be kind of a bad time for that. I'm reaching out to Sony Computer Entertainment America representatives for more info on why this is happening and how long it's expected.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#1137  June 09, 2012, 11:58:18 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
the best part of Zelda, IMO was and always is exploration. There isn't enough of that anymore, atleast not on larger scale than we're accustomed. The Twilight Princess overworld never felt like it was much bigger than the original LoZ overworld back on NES.

The original Zelda's overworld isn't so big, it just gives the feeling of being big because:

1) You have to start from the very beginning each time you die outside of the temples.
2) You can't transport early in game.
3) The world looks mystical and mysterious because you rarely ever receive any sort of advice, and when you do it's pretty poorly worded and largely useless. Also there's too much hidden stuff you could only find by a lucky mistake or reading a guide.
4) The original Zelda wasn't so linear as the later games.

And most of those are actually bad things.
#1138  June 10, 2012, 12:01:32 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
http://kotaku.com/5917123/psn-picked-a-strange-weekend-to-have-an-outage

PSN.  DOWN. AGAIN. >:(
Just when I had some free time.

From Kotaku said:
Good old Error 8071053D is back if you try to sign into PlayStation Network from your PlayStation 3. If you try to log in to a PlayStation web site, you get a page tells you the site is down for maintenance. These outages affect North American servers.

It doesn't appear to be regularly scheduled, as PSN underwent regular maintenance on May 24, and the weekend after E3 would be kind of a bad time for that. I'm reaching out to Sony Computer Entertainment America representatives for more info on why this is happening and how long it's expected.

Of all the... Right in the middle of an ME3 weekend event. --; It's a good thing I already qualified for the com. pack then. :P
#1139  June 10, 2012, 12:06:17 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
just when I was about to buy DLCs! >:(

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#1140  June 10, 2012, 12:33:25 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Works for me, just downloaded lbp2 and was messing around with it.