YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2608188 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:

DMK

Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#1181  June 13, 2012, 03:35:11 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
I know he likes Gears and shooters like Left 4 Dead, but I never expected him to come out and say such a thing.

Pal

#1182  June 13, 2012, 04:19:27 am
    • Argentina
He sounds like he was just kidding with that last phrase.

It's true what he says about Japan tageting Japanese audience though, Bandai Namco always says it when asked about localization of Tales Of games.
#1183  June 13, 2012, 09:02:27 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
kojima is a reverse-weeaboo
#1184  June 13, 2012, 06:09:07 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Valve's bringing back the Potato Sack bundle for no apparent reason.

Remember the Potato Sack? Back in April 2011, Valve put 13 popular indie games into a sexy bundle o' fun, gave it a stupid name and used it to launch a Portal 2 ARG that made everybody mad. I never really understood the whole "potato" angle but there's something about it that Valve must like, because the Sack Is Back - and nobody knows why.

Here's what we do know. For $20, you get 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby), AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, AudioSurf, Bit.Trip Beat, Cogs, Defense Grid: The Awakening, Killing Floor, Rush, Super Meat Boy, The Ball, The Wonderful End of the World and Toki Tori, a package of games that would cost over $77 if purchased individually. It's a pretty sweet deal, and if you already own some of them (or even all of them, if you're feeling generous) you can gift them to your friends.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117888-Valve-Unleashes-the-Potato-Sack-Reunion

If you didn't get it last time, I'd highly recommend it.  The deal ends tomorrow at 6PM.

GOH

#1185  June 13, 2012, 06:17:22 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I might get this.

Edit: Aw fuck I'm not gonna get it on time. ;__;
Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:27:00 pm by Nurse Vanessa
#1186  June 13, 2012, 06:25:41 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
hmm got most games already trough the various humble bunble packs
Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:30:57 pm by GBK667
#1187  June 13, 2012, 08:18:24 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#1188  June 13, 2012, 08:22:24 pm
#1189  June 13, 2012, 09:19:49 pm
  • SNK is life
... JULY?!
#1190  June 14, 2012, 02:44:08 pm
    • USA
#1191  June 15, 2012, 12:18:26 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1192  June 17, 2012, 04:22:27 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Seems like the Xbox 720 specs have been linked:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/06/17/xbox-720-specs-leaked-due-2013-for-299-with-kinect-2/
(Link is NSFW)

To summarize:
"Have a Blu-ray drive

Have various hardware options including SSD, HDD, Wifi, Wimax, etc.

Be 6 to 8 times more powerful than the 360

Have 360 compatibility

Incorporate “Kinect 2″

Have full native 3D support

Be accompanied by the 2014 release of “Kinect Glasses”

Be priced at $299, for release in 2013

Sell 100 million units
"

This may be old...but hey.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1193  June 17, 2012, 07:39:13 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
i work for microsoft heres the leakd xbox 720 specs

400ghz 10 core CPU

10 teraflops nvidia gefurce gtx 980 4 GB vram

24 GB ram

5 terabyte internal hdd
#1194  June 17, 2012, 07:49:39 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
The leaked document is 56 pages and seems pretty well put together. If it's a hoax it's a very elaborate one. Not to mention MS' lawyers had it yanked for copyright infringement. Still, it's 2 years old and a lot of things can change in that time...
#1195  June 17, 2012, 08:28:41 am
Either way I like what I've read. The pricing can only rise, and I'm sure MS will find some way to become the scum of the earth as usual with gaming companies.
#1196  June 17, 2012, 11:48:57 am
  • The Goddess Returns

400ghz 10 core CPU

24 GB ram

5 terabyte internal hdd

Hey, I just got it from what I've seen and read, it looks legit and as Makkah said, Microsoft did file for copyright infrigement damn near immediately, meaning there is truth somewhere here....
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1197  June 19, 2012, 06:55:07 am
    • USA
UDON announces Marvel vs. Capcom: Official Complete Works Artbook
TORONTO, CANADA: An amazing collection nearly 20 years in the making, UDON Entertainment proudly announces the impending release of Marvel vs. Capcom: Official Complete Works! This is a brand-new art book collecting all of the official artwork, sketches, and bonus material from all of Marvel and Capcom’s video game collaborations—from 1993’s The Punisher arcade game right up to 2012’s smash-hit Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for the PLAYSTATION 3, PSP, and X-BOX 360 platforms!

Compiled by UDON with the help of Capcom and Marvel, this is the first time this material has ever been collected in one place — on either side of the Pacific! Weighing in at nearly 200 pages, Marvel vs. Capcom: Official Complete Works has been a labour of love for the UDON production team. Working closely with Capcom creative head Shoei Okano, UDON has dug deep through CAPCOM’s archives to find extremely rare high-resolution art and materials to put together for this project — no easy task considering no Marvel vs. Capcom art book was ever printed in Japan!

Includes stunning artworks by Akiman, Bengus, Shinkiro, Joe Madureira, Adi Granov, and more! Complementing the classic pieces are an all-new gallery of stunning Marvel vs. Capcom illustrations by comics superstars including Joe Ng, Long Vo, Chamba, Adam Warren, and Takeshi Miyazawa!

“This book means a lot to UDON,” says Publisher and Editor-in-Chief Erik Ko. “It was back 10 years ago that Joe Quesada at Marvel Comics gave UDON our first freelance job, and kick-started our creative services department. Then just a few years later, we became our own publisher, working closely with Capcom to publish original Street Fighter® comics! Being able to publish a book containing amazing work from both Marvel and Capcom is like a big ‘thank you’ from us to the folks who helped make us what we are today. Thank you Marvel, thank you Capcom!”

Marvel vs. Capcom: Official Complete Works will make its international debut at Comic-Con International: San Diego on Wednesday, July 11th, in an exclusive hardcover edition that will not be sold in stores. The hardcover will feature an exclusive wrap-around cover by UDON and Marvel vs. Capcom artist Alvin Lee and digitally painted by UDON`s Genzoman, and only 200 will be available over the course of the show. A standard-format soft cover release will follow in late November 2012, distributed by Diamond to comics and bookstores everywhere.

Key Features:
- This is an original art book compiled by UDON, with no Japanese counterpart!
- Includes all of the promotional artwork, a complete art archive of all Marvel vs. Capcom character drawings, and rare, never-before-seen artwork, sketches, and bonus material!
- Contains artwork from the Capcom games The Punisher, X-Men: Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men VS Street Fighter™, Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter™, Marvel VS Capcom, Marvel VS Capcom 2, Marvel VS Capcom 3, and Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3!
- Includes 17 new illustrations exclusive to this book!

This is the book that fighting game fans have dreamed of, since The Punisher and Nick Fury first picked up their guns, since Captain America raised his shield against Ryu`s hadoken! No fan of Marvel Comics, no fan of Capcom’s universe, no fan of videogames will want to be without Marvel vs. Capcom: Official Complete Works!
Looks really stupid that Chris has his art instead of his model turned sideways or a sprite.

Rumor:Okami Remaster Possibly Coming to PlayStation 3
We're hearing some reports about a PlayStation 3 version of Capcom's PlayStation 2 classic Okami. Titled Okami Zekkie-ban (maybe... Okami Magnificent Version), the game appears to be an HD remaster.

We're not totally sure of the source on this one, but we'll hopefully have confirmation or debunkment in a bit!

Developed by the now defunct Clover Studio, Okami was released for the PlayStation 2 in 2006 and was acclaimed for its unique art style. A Wii remake followed in 2009, with a DS spinoff/sequel in 2010.
Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:52:58 am by Girard
#1198  June 19, 2012, 02:56:06 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#1199  June 19, 2012, 08:31:52 pm
    • USA
http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2012/06/19/goodbye
I'm posting today to say that Friday, June 22nd will be my last day at Capcom.

Writing this is incredibly difficult. In no uncertain terms, Capcom
has been a dream for me.

I have chosen a new path which will let me embrace a new dream, but to everyone that ever believed in this dream we shared together, let me say this final thanks. I will leave as I began--a Capcom fan for life, looking forward to all the great games still to come.

My brother Pete introduced me to Street Fighter II in 1991, and it was love at first sight. Even at the height of my early fan fever dreams, however, I could never have guessed that this game would take me around the world. From my first fumblings with the fireball, to battling for local arcade supremacy, and even on to competing in Japan, I still never let myself imagine I could someday meet, much less work alongside the people responsible for these games. To think back on the fact that it's been my real life for these years is hard for me to believe, even now.

Lured by news of a new project that would eventually become Street Fighter IV, I gave up a happy little life to join Capcom in 2006 with the naive hope of playing some part--any part--in waking up the world to remember something I have known in my blood since the SF2 era: fighting games are amazing. At the time I came on, fighters were few and far between, and Street Fighter had been asleep for a long time. Through the combination of some great games and an incredible community, I'm happy to think that we've hit that early target--fighting games are strong again--perhaps stronger than they've ever been before.

Based around the early success of SFIV, we were able to create a small model internally to show that the positive impact community can have on our games. From there, the insights and passion from fans across our franchises have made Capcom a far more open, engaged place than the company I knew growing up. Fan-facing events and conversations have become a top priority, and even our typically reserved producers have opened up to the joys and challenges of talking directly to their players. Even as you give us hell and ask us to do better, remember the progress we've made together and know that this company is full of great individuals who share your love for the games, and that they are always trying to chart the path to make games that are worthy of your dedication.

To everyone that's helped me along my path, I'm left only with words that seem hollow from overuse, but: Thank You.

Thank you to Ono-san, and to the now-passed Mark Beaumont, who trusted me with the game and believed in my passion from the very start.

To Niitsuma-san, who invited me on his journey to embrace the crazy heart beating inside the Versus series, and produced games that still thrill me even after thousands of hours.

To the many talented people throughout the fighting teams that gave me a literal schooling of the kind possible nowhere else in the world--I'm a proud graduate of "Capcom U" and have the scars to prove it :)

To everyone who has worked alongside me on our community teams, and to Christian Svensson who made it possible, through good times and bad, trying to fight the good fight and make sure our biggest fans had a voice at the decision-making table.

To my many other friends and colleagues at Capcom around the world, I'm proud to realize there are far too many of you to thank directly, so let me say simply "otsukare-sama desu," and I hope we will meet again.

And finally, to the FGC: In no uncertain terms, you have been my reason for everything. A game can be incredible, but it's the players and where they take it that elevate it into legend. Both as individuals and as a group, you have taught me more than I could have ever thought possible. Every hour on the road and every air mile towards my first million doesn't begin to repay the debt I feel to all of you. You are a family to me. Today, the community is strong, and growing stronger. We fight, we make mistakes, we argue, and we compete but in the end we have each other. To you, I can only say "thank you." You continue to electrify the world and show the power not just of a game, but of a living, breathing community. Strive to be your best selves, to share our magic with the next generation, and above all else, take care of each other. We are a family.

-Seth

:o Damn didn't see this coming.
#1200  June 19, 2012, 08:54:02 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html

400ghz 10 core CPU

24 GB ram

5 terabyte internal hdd

And an advanced neural net processor, redundant pneumatic hydraulic systems, a nuclear-fusion powered internal battery, a hole, and instruction sets for when the thing becomes self-aware.

Also, it comes with SSF4: AE preloaded.