YesNoOk

Lie Meiling editted from RicePigeon's Lie Meiling (Read 16545 times)

Started by Darkflare, October 08, 2011, 07:04:30 am
Share this topic:
Lie Meiling editted from RicePigeon's Lie Meiling
New #1  October 08, 2011, 07:04:30 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:48:05 am by Darkflare
Re: Lie Meiling editted from RicePigeon's Lie Meiling
#2  October 08, 2011, 08:56:54 am
  • You deserve respect and justice, so we demand it!
    • USA
Just tested her.
She plays fairly and smoothly, didn't find any problems whatsoever. I guess my only minor complaint would be that she doesn't have a taunt. (but that's not really a problem)

I'm also really used to characters having six basic attacks, she only has three, but once you get used to it you can make some great combos! :D

Thanks for sharing.
YouTube | Google

Spoiler: You want to know what really pisses me off? (click to see content)
#3  October 08, 2011, 09:39:44 am
    • Puerto Rico
3 button isn't that weird since plenty of games are adopting the 3 button layout nowadays.

The lack of taunt is something I borrowed from Rice. He puts his character's power charge in Start for some reason.
#4  October 08, 2011, 12:27:53 pm
  • You deserve respect and justice, so we demand it!
    • USA
YouTube | Google

Spoiler: You want to know what really pisses me off? (click to see content)
#5  December 07, 2012, 07:49:38 am
    • Puerto Rico
HOLY NECRO, BATMAN.

Before you go reporting this post for necro, I'll have you know that there is a perfectly good reason why I necroed this thread.
I updated Lie after more than a year.

Changes:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:44:12 pm by Darkflare
#6  December 12, 2012, 07:37:42 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
To be honest, I was kind of hoping you would add the sweep kick as a new Crouching Strong (a move that not only did Meiling have in source that was omitted from both my Hong and Lie, but also a move that Akuma has. If I recall, the only difference between Hong and Lie were the specials, their normals were completely identical otherwise, which could have further warranted the change).

Changes:
+Slight health increase to 900

Unless I missed the previous edit, wasn't the health originally at 1200? I knew it was going to be lowered, but I was expecting something more in the range of 850 or something closer to Akuma's values.

*Dichromatic Aura Sphere
-Disabled it. You can enable it in Lie's CMD file if you really miss the move that much, but I honestly found it a little "Too good" even with the half stock cost.
For all intents and purposes, the move is removed.

Remind me what move this was again?
#7  December 12, 2012, 07:51:37 pm
    • Puerto Rico
To be honest, I was kind of hoping you would add the sweep kick as a new Crouching Strong (a move that not only did Meiling have in source that was omitted from both my Hong and Lie, but also a move that Akuma has. If I recall, the only difference between Hong and Lie were the specials, their normals were completely identical otherwise, which could have further warranted the change).

Well, Ryu, Ken and Akuma have the same normals and specials, but with different properties and a few unique traits to them.
I'll see if I remember to check out if I can add a sweep for Crouching Strong, although she does have a sweep like move in c. Medium.
Changes:
+Slight health increase to 900

Unless I missed the previous edit, wasn't the health originally at 1200? I knew it was going to be lowered, but I was expecting something more in the range of 850 or something closer to Akuma's values.

First edit had her life at 850 but I raised it to 900. I'm even considering giving her 1000 life simply because I don't see anything that really warrants leaving her at low health. She's not as versatile as the actual Akuma and she actually must get close to do anything as her only long range move is now a super.

*Dichromatic Aura Sphere
-Disabled it. You can enable it in Lie's CMD file if you really miss the move that much, but I honestly found it a little "Too good" even with the half stock cost.
For all intents and purposes, the move is removed.

Remind me what move this was again?

The one where she creates spheres that home in on your opponent. Honestly, something I would leave on a boss version.
#8  December 12, 2012, 08:11:26 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Well, Ryu, Ken and Akuma have the same normals and specials, but with different properties and a few unique traits to them.
I'll see if I remember to check out if I can add a sweep for Crouching Strong, although she does have a sweep like move in c. Medium.

Different properties yeah, but as I said, Hong and Lie's were completely identical. I don't recall if her c.medium had knockdown properties or not (the leg extend, right?) but it seems more of a poke move if anything.

First edit had her life at 850 but I raised it to 900. I'm even considering giving her 1000 life simply because I don't see anything that really warrants leaving her at low health. She's not as versatile as the actual Akuma and she actually must get close to do anything as her only long range move is now a super.

Fair enough, although...

The one where she creates spheres that home in on your opponent. Honestly, something I would leave on a boss version.

.. oh that one. Maybe have it go in a linear path and reduce the number to like 3 or something, while removing the homing function. Maybe have each version spawn more, but cover less distance? ie: weak spawns 1/2 that go 2/3 distance, medium spawns 3/4 in a linear path that goes about 1/3 screen, and strong spawns the full count but the spheres are stationary. Kind of like power vs distance (think Kikouken). Dunno why I didn't think of that sooner before I released her.
#9  December 12, 2012, 08:26:28 pm
    • Puerto Rico

Different properties yeah, but as I said, Hong and Lie's were completely identical. I don't recall if her c.medium had knockdown properties or not (the leg extend, right?) but it seems more of a poke move if anything.

Yea, and you can actually combo from it.
And I really can't compare the differences without the original Hong.

Which I don't have.

.. oh that one. Maybe have it go in a linear path and reduce the number to like 3 or something, while removing the homing function. Maybe have each version spawn more, but cover less distance? ie: weak spawns 1/2 that go 2/3 distance, medium spawns 3/4 in a linear path that goes about 1/3 screen, and strong spawns the full count but the spheres are stationary. Kind of like power vs distance (think Kikouken). Dunno why I didn't think of that sooner before I released her.

Because, you were thinking that unblockable beam was a good idea.
I think it would be weird to see the spheres suddenly disappear though.
Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:57:43 pm by Darkflare
#10  December 12, 2012, 08:53:17 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

You could make them fade out or shrink once they reach their destination.

Posted: December 12, 2012, 08:54:40 pm
There was no differences, which is what I was trying to say. The original Lie was more of a rushed edit than anything, which was probably the biggest mistake I made and ultimately led my hiatus initially.
#11  December 12, 2012, 09:00:37 pm
    • Puerto Rico

You could make them fade out or shrink once they reach their destination.

All right then. However, I've been considering another move to replace it as well.

Posted: December 12, 2012, 08:54:40 pm
There was no differences, which is what I was trying to say. The original Lie was more of a rushed edit than anything, which was probably the biggest mistake I made and ultimately led my hiatus initially.

I think we can all agree on the rushed part.

Also, I can't add the sweep because those sprites and the guard crush and an aerial attack have their palletes glitched, so technically I don't even have those sprites.
#12  December 13, 2012, 04:03:14 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Also, I can't add the sweep because those sprites and the guard crush and an aerial attack have their palletes glitched, so technically I don't even have those sprites.

Kohaku's does though. Both mine and his use the same palettes (which were taken from the game anyhow).
#13  December 13, 2012, 04:48:13 am
    • Puerto Rico
Good, I'll have to check it out then and add the sweep. Maybe the guard crash animation too.
Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:45:57 pm by Darkflare
#14  December 13, 2012, 07:48:23 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I didn't expect to update this quickly, but I just did it again. Link is in the first post

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Posted: December 14, 2012, 12:24:56 am
If you DLed earlier today, I suggest you re-DL since I fixed an issue I overlooked regarding her Roc's fist super.
#15  December 15, 2012, 05:29:04 pm
    • Puerto Rico
GG characters bursting out of your beam? Wondering why victories with your beam aren't being considered Super
Hyper move wins?
It turns out I suck, because while turning Lie's beam into a super, I completely forgot to give the projectile Hyper attributes.
This "patch" will fix that.
http://www.mediafire.com/?r1e42mlee24e2xk

Main archive updated with the fix.
Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:37:34 pm by Darkflare
#16  December 15, 2012, 06:56:32 pm
  • I'm back again.
i'll try her out then.
edit:the dl at the top is the same as the one fir the patch.
lost and forget
Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:00:52 pm by Moop
#17  December 15, 2012, 10:21:45 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Thought I copied and pasted the correct link before.
Fixed the link.
#18  December 15, 2012, 11:09:54 pm
  • I'm back again.
k will redl it now.
lost and forget
#19  January 03, 2013, 08:11:57 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Okay I have to ask, aside from the new sweep kick, were any of her other normals altered in any way between the time I last updated her and when you last updated your edit?
#20  January 04, 2013, 05:44:37 am
    • Puerto Rico
The only other change I did to her normals was remove the forward momentum from the ones that had it and remove c. Medium's launch properties. No other changes were done.

I am planning to update her again soon to make dichromatic hurricane more unsafe when blocked because that move shouldn't be so damn safe in the first place as well as change TotD's command so it doesn't come out at terrible times(ex. Trying to do Axe kick after blocking an attack)
Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:57:13 am by Darkflare