YesNoOk

Garou Mark Of The Wolves 2 datamined (Read 34894 times)

Started by GTOAkira, July 09, 2022, 01:07:09 am
Share this topic:
Re: Garou Mark Of The Wolves 2 datamined
#21  July 12, 2022, 09:37:12 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#22  July 12, 2022, 03:14:00 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I really wish this game will/can be completed one day!
The sprite work is amazing!
Not sure that would happens, I would like SNK do it but now I don't think so. If MOTW2 is really on development, probably would be 2.5D a la nu-KOF or SamSho2019... unless they contact Dotemu to finish and make sprites for the new fighters and new moves for old ones (as Capcom did with Inti Creates)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#23  July 12, 2022, 03:54:55 pm
Where has there been any hint that motw2 was in development (beyond that decades old beta)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#24  July 12, 2022, 03:57:03 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#25  July 12, 2022, 05:05:37 pm
OH OKAY
But since he's saying "complete", it sounds like it's about finishing this 2D version.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#26  July 12, 2022, 06:05:28 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Not sure that would happens, I would like SNK do it but now I don't think so. If MOTW2 is really on development, probably would be 2.5D a la nu-KOF or SamSho2019... unless they contact Dotemu to finish and make sprites for the new fighters and new moves for old ones (as Capcom did with Inti Creates)

Yes, really few chances it happens.

But I would certainly not count on DotEmu to make it. Unless someone buy them an army of talented spriters to make all the animations in this precise style.
#27  July 12, 2022, 07:56:34 pm
Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:12:03 pm by AlexSin
#28  July 12, 2022, 11:37:57 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Yes, really few chances it happens.

But I would certainly not count on DotEmu to make it. Unless someone buy them an army of talented spriters to make all the animations in this precise style.

They are still working on Metal Slug Tactics. Would this game be profitable for SNK though?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#29  July 13, 2022, 12:34:13 am
    • Mexico
Honestly, this whole budget thing boils down to how incomplete is everyone. The veterans don't really need much other than getting their new moves included, and to edit Gato's eyes. So unless there are far more changes to them than what we've seen so far (Terry had a new aerial kick, but what else?), I don't think they will be a problem.

It's the new characters that bring this problem. So far, all we have is three Kwon animations. That's it. Nothing for the two guys in suits, or the boxing kid from Netherlands, or the coat guy, or the karate dude. Six super-incomplete characters to do from scratch, and they're gonna cost quite the pretty penny to make.
#30  July 13, 2022, 12:46:34 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I wonder if hokutomaru air parachute was going to work like Ibuki in SFV. Andy def seems like he would have only been used for an intro.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#31  July 13, 2022, 12:50:52 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Honestly, this whole budget thing boils down to how incomplete is everyone. The veterans don't really need much other than getting their new moves included, and to edit Gato's eyes. So unless there are far more changes to them than what we've seen so far (Terry had a new aerial kick, but what else?), I don't think they will be a problem.

It's the new characters that bring this problem. So far, all we have is three Kwon animations. That's it. Nothing for the two guys in suits, or the boxing kid from Netherlands, or the coat guy, or the karate dude. Six super-incomplete characters to do from scratch, and they're gonna cost quite the pretty penny to make.

The most sprites  I've ever done was 8 in a day. Well it helped I have something to trace over with.

Finished around 50 sprites in a month with Sailor Saturn back in May and the arcade style is one of the more difficult styles to work with. I'm assuming there's 400 sprites per character. I think it's doable with a team of 8 or 10 experienced and professional level spriters within a time frame of 6 months.
sailormoongalaxy said:
Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 02:09:55 am by rgveda99
#32  July 13, 2022, 06:11:05 pm
#33  July 13, 2022, 06:34:29 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
ohhhhh these are so cool.
I heard an ex-PD returned to SNK to finish off the MOTW storyline. I hope a sequel is in production soon!
#34  July 14, 2022, 01:22:10 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Seems like Kain was going to have an air projectile. Also Grant definitely could have use more stuff. He's such a cool character but I never was a fan of his moveset.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#35  July 14, 2022, 01:36:17 am
    • Mexico
It's weird to see that Kain has the most new animations so far. The fact that two of them are just revised versions of his projectile and anti-air specials makes me wonder if there's some kind of lore or gameplay explanation for them.
#36  July 14, 2022, 02:12:12 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
Looks like Kevin got a rolling throw from his stance change?

Whilst I'm sad that Andy seemed to be just a cameo in an entrance/win pose, some of the new characters looked really interesting!
#37  July 14, 2022, 07:35:24 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
So far everything is looking real good....is it possible for someone to make a playable demo of this (not in mugen)?
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#38  July 14, 2022, 11:49:28 pm
Looks like Kevin got a rolling throw from his stance change?

Whilst I'm sad that Andy seemed to be just a cameo in an entrance/win pose, some of the new characters looked really interesting!

same for joe and it looks like he was messed up pretty badly by someone.

it seems that a lot of the new sprites are aerial moves my guess is that gameplay would be a bit faster.
#39  July 20, 2022, 01:24:52 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Curious if they planned on modifying the T.O.P. system or drop it and give a new game mechanic.
sailormoongalaxy said:
#40  July 23, 2022, 11:24:12 pm