YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1523999 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#181  July 19, 2015, 09:55:39 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Looks like we're finally getting into BOF territory. Hopefully it won't be long until we get into new stuff.
Also they're still using some of the old footage which is good.

Although that footage of Goku vs Frieza that Whis showed Beerus, is that from Kai or is that new?
#182  July 19, 2015, 10:09:18 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
i appreciate the guy who voices king kai is nearly 84 years old, but he really can't deliver a performance that matches the animation anymore
#183  July 19, 2015, 10:59:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it's not helped that the budget is already over , good that fuckign running around scene.
#184  July 19, 2015, 11:05:16 pm
i appreciate the guy who voices king kai is nearly 84 years old, but he really can't deliver a performance that matches the animation anymore
Eh, I always felt a gap between the "over-acting animation" and the (Japanese) voice, I just figured it was kind of the trademark for his character.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#185  July 19, 2015, 11:19:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
pretty much all voice actors are old as fuck in this show, right? I am not expecting that much in that sense.
#186  July 20, 2015, 11:58:01 am
    • USA
Besides Videl losing her pants and having them come back in the very same scene something else was wrong there:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
#187  July 24, 2015, 10:53:23 pm
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
Besides Videl losing her pants and having them come back in the very same scene something else was wrong there:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I like how they changed it to white though, it implies that he got it from Goku.

lui

#188  July 24, 2015, 10:56:16 pm
    • USA
um no, that's dumb because you can obviously see that the two suits are completely different aside from the color scheme.

gaddamn DBZ and its inconsistent continuity at times!
#189  July 24, 2015, 11:13:18 pm
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
um no, that's dumb because you can obviously see that the two suits are completely different aside from the color scheme.

Yeah what was I thinking they are soooooo different....one has 2 buttons and the other has 3...the only real difference is the undershirt which I don't know if you've ever worn a suit/tux before, but you can actually wear anything under the jacket. Its not all One Piece (hehehe)
Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:20:20 pm by kakabot
#190  July 24, 2015, 11:17:35 pm
Uh, it's just cosmetics, it's not like people are there one moment and millions of miles away the nex-- I mean, it's not like people are dead one moment and alive the ne-- dark hair one moment becoming blon... it's... it's a minor error on costumes, it'll be fixed on the disc release, it's nothing important.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#191  July 24, 2015, 11:57:16 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
he can wear more than one custome during the wedding/after party, it's the bride's hairstyle that gets on my nerves.
#192  July 25, 2015, 12:53:25 pm
I want to see how that fat Beerus is getting involved with all of this. The part were Elder Kai connected with Beerus was Great. We now know that Beerus was the one that sealed Elder Kai in the Z-Sword. Episode 4 should be good aswell. The Pilaf Gang will appear in the 4th Episode.
#193  July 25, 2015, 01:02:41 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
i think Piccolo can probably utilize his Clothes Beam for more formal wear too.
#194  July 25, 2015, 01:05:49 pm
    • USA
So, this happened inside buu back in DBZ

Yet Old Kai now has them back. I don't recall him or anyone being able to recreate the potara earrings and even then, why would he do such thing to begin with when no one's going to use them?
#195  July 25, 2015, 11:04:51 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
That reminds me of something:
Now that Goku and Vegeta can both go SSGSS, could we potentially see SSGSS Gogeta?
#196  July 25, 2015, 11:09:30 pm
Probably not, he was a movie-only thing, and Gotenks didn't really work out, popularity-wise (seeing the treatment he got). Plus it'd be too much of a reminder of DBGT, so I'm not sure Toriyama would care to go there.
Not to mention he's doing this because he wants to get away from power levels and wants to do new concepts, fusions and absorptions are probably not on the list.

That works too.
||
V
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:15:03 pm by DKDC
#197  July 25, 2015, 11:11:07 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Goku and Vegeta's behaviours agaisn't Kid Buu pretty much sealed the possibility of ever seeing a fusion of Goku and Vegeta in Dragon Ball. Sorry. (not that I dislike that idea cuz Vegetto was the only good fusion character so far. Gogeta a shit).

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#198  July 26, 2015, 04:18:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Goku and Vegeta's behaviours agaisn't Kid Buu pretty much sealed the possibility of ever seeing a fusion of Goku and Vegeta in Dragon Ball. Sorry. (not that I dislike that idea cuz Vegetto was the only good fusion character so far. Gogeta a shit).
counterpoint, in the bog movie when goku is arguing with kaio after getting his shit kicked around he complains that maybe he will have to convince vegeta to fuse with him again.
#199  July 26, 2015, 04:51:22 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Well the movie did have a few differences than what it should have had..
Goku actually fought beerus in all 3 forms in kai. like, he went SSJ failed, then 2, then 3 rather than going 1,2,3 before even fighting.
after he lost he said the only way he could stand up to Beerus is if he fused with Vegeta again (again, meaning Vegetto) but he also said that he doubted that fusing would help any
#200  July 29, 2015, 08:51:50 am
Bringing Vegetto back would be wheird as they focus on Goku's trainings and newer stronger forms. It's all about Goku surpassing himself and becoming stronger. Goku complained about his SSG power he got from his friends as it was a level he couldn't reach by his own. So he actually says that he doesn't want any help but only wants Vegeta's support in becomming Vegetto?

The potara's are destroyed and it doesn't seem necessary to scrap the whole thing that happened during the Buu Saga as they refused to ever use the earrings again. and Vegetto back. It would be strange for further development and a excuse to bring back Vegetto. I could understand if Beerus challenged both Goku and Vegeta at the same time. I could then say that they could do so but if time will play a role, then I guess Gogetta would be the best choice. Besides that, the potara fusion is permanent. What could cause them to split in Goku and Vegeta again?