YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1521637 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#821  August 29, 2016, 06:30:17 pm
And it looked like Vegeta got caught off guard by the stabbing.
Problem is it's always the same. And it wasn't so much caught off guard as he wasn't having any success anyway, Black got hit but he didn't give a shit. It's no better than vs Cell, and Vegeta is still the only one who doesn't know he's about to get whooped.

Well, DBZ never made much sense with time travelling anyway, with the Cell/Cyborgs stuff, creating alternate timelines, etc.
There was only the one thing about the timeline split until then, all the timelines were still a straight line, with just Trunks jumping from one to the other. Now we're having a Zamasu from a different timeline remember something that happened in the main timeline, and the grandfather paradox of Goku meeting Zamasu, causing him to go mad at humans, causing the creation of Black, causing Trunks to go back in time, causing Goku to want to meet Zamasu in the first place, implying that none of this would have happened if Goku hadn't met Zamasu - there's no starting point in this loop. This didn't happen before - even when Cell came back after killing Trunks, Trunks still ended in his own timeline killing his own Cell, there's a clear starting point and end point.

This is all extremely basic concepts in time travelling shows BTW.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 06:34:14 pm by Byakko
#822  August 29, 2016, 07:11:10 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
That's true(Vegeta never realizing he's over his head) but I think the gap between goku and vegeta is tiny, goku just seems like the smarter fighter than vegeta.
#823  August 30, 2016, 10:34:27 am
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
hype
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
#824  August 30, 2016, 07:27:50 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

it could "just" be zamasu from the amin timeline traveling to trunks timeline for whatever reason and the nrmal level of brokeness would be kept; maybe the zamasu form this timeline is th eone who is using goku's body, since the dialgos hinted a lto as blacku being someone else in goku's body and thus mastering it.
#825  August 30, 2016, 07:34:10 pm
    • USA
Great, two zamasus from different timelines. He can now fuck himself.
#826  August 30, 2016, 08:56:52 pm
  • SNK is life
Well, DBZ never made much sense with time travelling anyway, with the Cell/Cyborgs stuff, creating alternate timelines, etc.
There was only the one thing about the timeline split until then, all the timelines were still a straight line, with just Trunks jumping from one to the other. Now we're having a Zamasu from a different timeline remember something that happened in the main timeline, and the grandfather paradox of Goku meeting Zamasu, causing him to go mad at humans, causing the creation of Black, causing Trunks to go back in time, causing Goku to want to meet Zamasu in the first place, implying that none of this would have happened if Goku hadn't met Zamasu - there's no starting point in this loop. This didn't happen before - even when Cell came back after killing Trunks, Trunks still ended in his own timeline killing his own Cell, there's a clear starting point and end point.

These are excellent proofs as to why the writing is so deficient, and why I plan on never watching this, not even out of nostalgia. Toriyama just doesn't care.
#827  August 31, 2016, 01:35:06 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

These are excellent proofs as to why the writing is so deficient, and why I plan on never watching this, not even out of nostalgia. Toriyama just doesn't care.

The whole thing will most likely end up with Super Saiyan God Goku fusing with Super Saiyan God Vegeta to become Super Saiyan God Gogeta/Vegito :ssj: with them winning but obviously wouldn't last long. Then Goku does a Spirit Bomb but this time on a omniversal scale.  :juggle2: :juggle2: :juggle2: :juggle2:

It's not that bad really. So far it offers fresh new characters.  Plus I've read Chris Claremont's not so spectacular and underwhelming rushed Exiles series.  :snore:
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:49:39 am by rgveda99

Bea

#828  August 31, 2016, 01:50:50 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
So far, the only good thing about this for me has been Future Mai. :P
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#829  August 31, 2016, 05:27:03 pm
    • USA
 the original evil Goku

Black Goku would probably beat him in a fight tho
#830  August 31, 2016, 06:27:18 pm

You're being over dramatic and cynical. The show isn't the best but it's not terrible. If you're a fan of dragonball then it's worth watching. Toriyama hasn't been a good writer since Cell saga so none of this is surprising. You just gotta take it week by week.
#831  August 31, 2016, 06:33:21 pm
  • SNK is life
Do I really gotta? I think I may have given up halfway through Buu.

Just watched the movies out of nostalgia, and those were mediocre at best.
#832  August 31, 2016, 06:50:25 pm
    • USA
I loved Saint Seiya when I was a kid and I bought the SS game Namco Bandai released last year and had a blast with it. It was pretty much me partially reviving my childhood due to NB hiring the LatAm voice actors for the game.

Even with all of that in mind I tried to watch Soul of Gold this year and dropped it pretty much after episode 5. I couldn't bear with how boring the series truly was. [E] was spot on with SS, it's just about people aiming their fists at each other with pretty lights coming out, there isn't that much in terms of people outplaying each other with smart tactics because as "unique" as each one's skill set was, everything still pretty much boils down to who can take the most attacks or a third party coming out of nowhere to save the day.

Dragon Ball has the same issue due to all the characters having pretty much the same skill setup. They all fly, they all shoot ki blasts and have a technique that's their equivalent to the Kame-Hame-Ha. They tried to make things interesting with the last tournament but it was pretty underwhelming overall, which Hit being the one who changed things the most due to pretty much being a JoJo character, a series where people actually have specific weaknesses and limits for their own skills and outplaying the enemy with smart tactics and deception is the norm.

I still enjoy DBS (Although I skipped both movie arcs) and I actually like the clusterfuck they're doing with time travelling because they're at least getting out of the comfort zone but I totally understand when people drop the series after having watched DBZ so long ago. It's basically the same thing I did with SS.
#833  August 31, 2016, 07:29:30 pm
The main draw of Super is the huge widening of the world. We got a definite difference between regular ki and god ki, people able to reach it, a god of destruction tied to the kaiohshins, multiple universes, a king of all universes, multiple timelines that suddenly become very relevant (thereby making Future Trunks, an old fan favorite, relevant) - that's several levels of world building stacked up all at once. edit - oh, and even more importantly, they all actually matter. They're the core of the story, they're not an excuse for Cell to set up a tournament, the tournament is the setup to the things that matter.
The one bad thing here is that there's so much new stuff that we're told we'll see soon, and it takes so long to get there. Hell, the multiple universe thing got interrupted by the king of all universes, the king got interrupted by an alternate timeline, the alternate timeline got interrupted by the god of another universe, and we have no idea where we're at right now. With so much material and leads, we can be pretty sure that this will go on for a long time - even only to resolve everything that has been hinted at so far, and even everything else that will have come out of that. It's like having hints at Saiyans, Cell, Kaiohshin, and the fusion, all the way back during Roshi training little Goku and Krillin.

... And supposedly, power level ladder is supposed to take a step back, in favor of different natures of powers (god ki, time stop...), but that's not working all that great so far.

tl;dr watch it or don't right now, but be sure to give it a look in a couple years or five.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:37:14 pm by Byakko
#834  September 01, 2016, 12:24:27 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Even with all of that in mind I tried to watch Soul of Gold this year and dropped it pretty much after episode 5. I couldn't bear with how boring the series truly was.
Did you watch Omega? Because Soul of Gold was overly hyped and disappointing, but at least it was short.
Omega on the other hand...
#835  September 01, 2016, 06:46:28 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
dunno, I think dropping SoG after episode 5 was a good call, because if the reason was because it was boring, it got even more boring in the second half once the gold saints stopped being drunk and the series fell into generic bullshit (my favorite part of SoG was how at least one gold saint per episode would be drunk ).
#836  September 03, 2016, 07:53:35 pm
the original evil Goku

Black Goku would probably beat him in a fight tho

Turles is like an Evil Goku from an alter dimension.

About Goku Black. I will laugh if Goku Black is only a doll or illusion.
#837  September 04, 2016, 07:38:58 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
This week's ep was pretty good.

#838  September 04, 2016, 07:47:08 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Really good. I'm really confused though, also lol trunks is a signature move swiss army knife.
#839  September 04, 2016, 08:36:49 pm
Wow, I wasn't even close. Great episode.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#840  September 04, 2016, 10:48:54 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Yep, it's the best fighting sequence of DB Super so far for me. Really a great episode.