YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1554773 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#981  November 06, 2016, 01:31:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
ningen GET OUT
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#982  November 06, 2016, 01:39:13 pm
Why would you think it's not the same as Gotenks

A much stronger Goku and Vegeta (compared to then) being at a level far beyond that of the half-sayajin Goten and Trunks, and history of inconsistency, makes the possibility sound more plausible. Wouldn't be the first time rules were broken to accommodate the story.
#983  November 06, 2016, 01:41:28 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Metamoru fusion has always been thirty minutes with less time if the fusion person uses more power ( ssj3 gotenks is supposed to break apart pretty fast)

Even Buu with gotenks and piccolo eventually broke apart into his base components and defaulted to having Piccolo as the strongest creature it had absorbed
#984  November 06, 2016, 01:56:30 pm
They never said that a person being more powerful would make the fusion shorter. If it was the case, then no one could predict that the Gotenks fusion would last 30 minutes. No one could predict anything if there were such differences as soon as you change the race or the power level of the fusees, yet it's always been said "30 minutes" since it was introduced.
Also failed fat Gogeta also lasted 30 minutes, just like the other Gotenks failures and successful fusions, until Gotenks turned SSJ3. Everyone always said it would last 30 minutes, actually, there's been no alternative this. It's been very consistent, SSJ3 being the exception, not the rule, and not because it's more powerful but because it specifically drains power as opposed to the other SSJ forms that regenerate power (making Goku unable to maintain it after he was resurrected).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 02:03:56 pm by Byakko
#985  November 06, 2016, 02:02:22 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
What Byakko said. It's not the fusion that gets shorter. Gotenks can only hold SSJ3 for 5 minutes. He was still fused even after he powered down.
#986  November 06, 2016, 02:48:15 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#987  November 06, 2016, 02:57:17 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Looks like we're getting a completely serious Vegito, which is neat.
#988  November 06, 2016, 03:03:10 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#989  November 06, 2016, 03:31:51 pm
It's more to do with zamasu being someone he can't screw around with like Buuhan remember zamasu is both immortal and his power, according to him, infinitely increases.
#990  November 06, 2016, 05:32:05 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#991  November 07, 2016, 03:56:41 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Wasn't it Big Bang Kamehameha?
#992  November 07, 2016, 04:01:40 am
That's something different, it uses Big Bang Attack instead of Final Flash.
#993  November 07, 2016, 09:09:35 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
#994  November 07, 2016, 01:02:06 pm
big bang kamehameha was ssj4 gogeta's thing.
#995  November 07, 2016, 04:29:47 pm
    • Germany
I have a technical questions about Fusions, was it ever explained in the Anime, Manga or Bonus Material how Fused characters can just Fuse there techniques too, and are able to put never seen ones out of out of nowhere? That was something that always wondering about.

#996  November 07, 2016, 05:31:12 pm
It's a person that has memory and knowledge of both the guys that fuse together. What do you not understand in that person being able to merge two different skills into one ? As for inventing new techniques not related to existing ones, it's no different from Piccolo inventing Makankousappou etc.
But realistically speaking, it's all about the hand gestures and that's just rule of cool because there's never been any real indication that there's such a relevant difference between Galick Gun, Kamehameha, Final Flash, or Big Bang Attack, it's just "concentrate a ball of energy here then fire, either as one ball or as a continuous stream". The shape of the attack is rule of cool.
#997  November 07, 2016, 06:41:51 pm
    • Germany
It's a person that has memory and knowledge of both the guys that fuse together. What do you not understand in that person being able to merge two different skills into one ? As for inventing new techniques not related to existing ones, it's no different from Piccolo inventing Makankousappou etc.
But realistically speaking, it's all about the hand gestures and that's just rule of cool because there's never been any real indication that there's such a relevant difference between Galick Gun, Kamehameha, Final Flash, or Big Bang Attack, it's just "concentrate a ball of energy here then fire, either as one ball or as a continuous stream". The shape of the attack is rule of cool.

It could be just realy easy to combine such attacks into a Fused one if the user knows them both, but only Fused chars are the ones who do it, but that still don't explains how they can create some attacks out of now where without having to realy invent the techniques like Piccolo did with the Makankōsappō, they are just there when they need them.

If you realy invent a technique than you need some time to do so, and some time to even master it to a point where it is usefull, but Gotenks for example could create sentient exlpoding ghosts without any way of knowing how to do something like that except "Fusion Magic" or something like that.
#998  November 07, 2016, 07:15:05 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
its just liek any other fighting manga/whatever, they can invetn thcnique on the fly,  what requires time is fine tunning the technique.

I mean, it's not like fused characters are any kind of  exception on how technique learning/creating works in dragon ball, goku learns the kamehameha after seeing it once, trunk onyl watches a crappy cellphone recording with no explanation of the mafooba and is able to do it perfectly.
Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 07:18:06 pm by Bastard Mami
#999  November 07, 2016, 07:24:58 pm
New personality, new ideas, and enough power and control means training isn't necessarily needed. Did you wonder how Vegetto managed to create one bullet of light on each fingertip and fire them in a scattering way ? Or how Gotenks pulled all these new techniques called "swing your fist then hit hard" or "fire plenty of blasts from both hands" ? Or how Goku fired a Kamehameha with his feet without training in that tournament, or changed the direction of the beam to turn around the target without knowing that it was possible ? No ? So why do you need more explanation than that for the ghosts ?
Sentient exploding ghosts are, again, simply rule of cool to show how crazy and unconventional Gotenks is.
Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 07:29:59 pm by Byakko
#1000  November 08, 2016, 07:03:13 am
Not sure if this is worth saying it, but for those who are curious about this month's episode titles...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty