YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1522854 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#1361  March 19, 2017, 03:35:31 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Also

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1362  March 19, 2017, 03:40:16 am
  • Raging Fist
It can kill, but nobody's gonna take an energy blast head on unless they're certain it won't hurt them.

And yeah, it usually never makes a direct hit anyway.
Unless you are Nappa and you play doggie with said Destructo Disc.
#1363  March 19, 2017, 01:14:40 pm
Great Episode! Next week's trailer shows Krillin fighting Basil. I believe they are sparring until the tournament.
#1364  March 20, 2017, 06:49:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lots of small if unimportant things to say now:

the strongest fighter of universe 11 is obviosuly the guy fighitng with goku in the intro, since same uniform and stuff, i eman it's rpetty obvious but osmeone had to said it and get it out of the way before someone else makes the "amazing discovery" and we derail the topic by saying how obvious it was.

kinda bothered that the anime forgot that monaca exist, though that might get adressed next episode, who knows, at least the manga was somethign like "why did not zamasu steal nomaca's body instead of goku's?, ah must be ebcause he disliked his nipples"

universe 7 has it's work cut short for choosing the strongest people in the universe, since 1 generation ago freeza did all thew ork for them, with freezer being the strongest being in the universe as he scouted/killed the rest of it so the next strongest people were either dead or working under him; then the artificial humans using freezer info became stronger than freezer, so anybody whom survived the fights against them (and the artifical humans themselves) are indeed, the strongest fighters in the universe.

continuing that, goku fighting even stronger people in the underworld is anime only shit and the buu arc which did not exactly increase the stakes that much (since gohan was the only one stronger than cell, but also he became weaker for the buu arc because he quit training), well the buu arc depended on god level people whom are not allowed to participate inthe tournament anyway.

TL;DR, universe 7 team can easily choose the strongest 10 people in the universe because of everythign that has lead up to it, while, the other universe might have  harder job of choosing; tho, it's funyn how roshi and tenshinhan are indeed in the top10.
#1365  March 20, 2017, 07:01:27 pm
    • USA
That explains why the top 10 are all from Earth and they don't have to look anywhere else, although the Earth cannot be the only planet that was lucky enough to avoid Frieza during all that time so maybe there's someone else strong enough for the tournament but you can only search so much with just 40 hours (And Beerus would've known about such kind of person existing anyway I guess?)

Kinda confused about that manga only event:

#1366  March 20, 2017, 07:07:15 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
That explains why the top 10 are all from Earth and they don't have to look anywhere else, although the Earth cannot be the only planet that was lucky enough to avoid Frieza during all that time so maybe there's someone else strong enough for the tournament but you can only search so much with just 40 hours (And Beerus would've known about such kind of person existing anyway I guess?)
Beerus didnt know about anyone on earth anyway until he wanted to find a sayan, he seems to be doing a shitty job.
Its entirely possible the universe has stronger people than those on earth and he just never scouted them

Toyotaro used to do a manga called Dragon ball AF , that whole scene was a copy of what he did on his fanmanga when Vegeta faces XYCOR the supersayan by transforming between ssj3, ssj2 2nd grade and Ssj4 repeatedly within seconds.
#1367  March 20, 2017, 08:01:15 pm
With the whole "Trunks' and Vegeta's SSJ2 form is just as strong as Goku's SSJ3" and "SSJ3 is impractical anyway because it drains power way too fast instead of regenerating it" things, the SSJ3 form for Vegeta is a non-issue, just like the Super Trunks form, he might as well have figured it out but disregarded it (and became stronger as SSJ2 anyway).  For SSG, the SSB form is definitely based on the ability to use God ki, and as far as we've seen in BoG, the one way to enable that is by doing the ceremony thing, as explained by Shenron himself. Plus in the movie (and probably the anime too), Vegeta straight up says "alright, we'll do you, but next time, it's my turn". So considering that the next time we see it, he's Blue with God ki, there's no reason to think maybe he didn't go through it. He did, and he doesn't use it for the same reason Goku doesn't use it anymore - they actually ARE using it, they're just turning Super Saiyan while in it, which gives SSB. Because that's exactly what we're told SSB is - "going Super Saiyan while in Super Saiyan God". There's no reason to look for a reason to say Vegeta never learned SSG - of course he did. It's not like he found a way to use God ki that Shenron himself didn't know.

Just remembered,
Toyotaro used to do a manga called Dragon ball AF , that whole scene was a copy of what he did on his fanmanga when Vegeta faces XYCOR the supersayan by transforming between ssj3, ssj2 2nd grade and Ssj4 repeatedly within seconds.
Dragon Ball Multiverse did the same "trick" with their version of Future Trunks using his Super Trunks form.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:22:06 pm by Byakko
#1368  March 20, 2017, 10:04:40 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
Beerus didnt know about anyone on earth anyway until he wanted to find a sayan, he seems to be doing a shitty job.
Its entirely possible the universe has stronger people than those on earth and he just never scouted them

Magetta's race was said to exist in Universe 7. I'm sure if the Z-Fighters had gone and looked for fighters off Earth, they'd have found them.
#1369  March 21, 2017, 12:26:26 am
There's also the Freeza race if I'm not mistaken though I guess it could be like Xenoverse exclusive or something.
#1370  March 21, 2017, 01:49:02 pm
    • UK
in one of the filler episodes goku collected the dragon balls within a day to try and wish king kai back to life
if he can do that within the 40 hours and like... wish for his group to power up... since.... master roshi and tien over goten and trunks? cmon... they wont last long if the weakest of the other universes are buu's level

Also why is goku written to be a dick all of a sudden, a simple "i'm not evil, this is all a misunderstanding" would ease the situation much faster
#1371  March 21, 2017, 02:14:34 pm

dragon ball af? isn't that a what if from a spanish magazine that got attention because the lack of info back in the day.
#1372  March 21, 2017, 02:21:58 pm
    • UK
toyotaro made a comic based on the concept
introducing characters like the half kai.....saiyan...xicor......and SSJ5
#1373  March 21, 2017, 05:44:14 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Episode 27 of Super has Goku saying that Vegeta obtained Super Saiyan God all by himself. He had a six or so month head start on Goku when it came to training from Whis, so he most likely learned "something" during that time.
#1374  March 23, 2017, 06:27:34 am
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
in one of the filler episodes goku collected the dragon balls within a day to try and wish king kai back to life
if he can do that within the 40 hours and like... wish for his group to power up... since.... master roshi and tien over goten and trunks? cmon... they wont last long if the weakest of the other universes are buu's level

Also why is goku written to be a dick all of a sudden, a simple "i'm not evil, this is all a misunderstanding" would ease the situation much faster

Probably just Toriyama/Toei overcorrecting Goku's character... or maybe Goku's just frontin'.
#1375  March 26, 2017, 07:52:21 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
New Episode. Whis can do anything.

#1376  March 26, 2017, 08:28:52 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Vegeta's reactions were pretty funny.

#1377  March 26, 2017, 11:24:37 am
Oh, 28 planets with life, I'm surprised they're giving that sort of detail. And I wonder if that tosses DB GT in the drain, how many planets did they visit there ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1378  March 26, 2017, 12:10:00 pm
    • Germany
Oh, 28 planets with life, I'm surprised they're giving that sort of detail. And I wonder if that tosses DB GT in the drain, how many planets did they visit there ?

They don't visit many planets on GT, maybe 5 or 6 they just stay on them for 2-4 episodes each time, because several Dragon Balls are already in the possession of some antagonists.

We have to see what the Super Dragon Ball wish at the end of the tournament will be, maybe instead of just restoring the Universes maybe they wish to also merge them, this way the quantity of the universes will still be reduced, and the overall level of the new merged universe would be increased I guess.
Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:21:52 pm by Lichtbringer
#1379  March 26, 2017, 12:45:08 pm
  • Alguma coisa ae...
  • E mais uma coisa
    • Brazil
I knew Vegeta couldn't have come up with a stupid name such as Bulla (or Bra)... I just hope she's turns out better than her GT counterpart.
#1380  March 26, 2017, 12:51:31 pm