YesNoOk

Angel updated (06/06/2021) (Read 17957 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, June 04, 2021, 03:56:00 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Angel updated (06/06/2021)
#41  June 06, 2021, 11:02:28 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Hmm, that's true Ume.
I find out Blue Mary have the exact same Height aswell (5'6").

I changed her scales a little bit (both .95) based on Infinite's Mary scales.
I think that fits 100% well now. :v
#42  June 06, 2021, 11:30:07 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Guys, please don't change the scale on the character. xscale and yscale affect hitboxes (which I spent lots of time designing) but do not affect velocities (I also spent a lot of time in these), so changing the scale can impact the functionally of the character. You don't want to impact the functionality of a character as tight on connections as Angel. Kouhai specifically wanted dampir sprites and those are manually scaled up, and this character was made using those in mind. Again: don't change the scale, or at least don't suggest it publicly.
#43  June 06, 2021, 11:43:28 pm
btw is her medium kick custom made? looks really fluid.
#44  June 06, 2021, 11:49:15 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#45  June 06, 2021, 11:50:16 pm
    • Germany
Yup, I draw the kick over screenshots, dampir shade her, and FeLo did some touchups to the face.

Regarding scale and size... It's worth noting that there's not a direct correlation between spritesize and whatever the lore dude say is the height of the boob size of the character. Most of the time its a matter of artistic direction, with big characters selling they're big, and short characters selling they're short.

I also think that Angel scale is very much ok:
#46  June 07, 2021, 12:08:35 am
BAs
btw is her medium kick custom made? looks really fluid.

Based on kofXIV anim.
Karma ripped and cleaned the anim, and Dampir added the shading and details.

i knew it , the movement is so fluid even compare to her other moves like df+LK which is probably her best looking animation in the original game.

it's all good for me , style wise yeah old snk design doesn't fit capcom style , capcom make the hands , feet and head bigger or anything that's unique to the character like hair or puffy pants for the character to pop out more especially in moving and hitting. kof 13 and 15 is somewhat very similar to capcom traditional design....

kinda wish angel was in kof 13 i would love to see a version of her in that style

my only gripe is that cvs/pots style is limiting what she normally does in kof2k2. you really can't chain rock bottom to people's elbow.

btw you can still do survivor's banquet using 2P.
Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 12:38:18 am by 地獄の花
#47  June 07, 2021, 01:44:37 am
Something worth looking into Karma cause I cant replicate it for the life of me I had a projectile going against angel and she did her counter super on me, right as she was about to hit me the projectile hit her and I think I was frozen in place, however I am not able to confirm on that cause she got me in a normal combo after that but I believe I was stuck in that freeze state.
I'm guessing she got hit at the exact frame that she was still hittable or something like that very hard to replicate.
I was using Jman's Ken and it was a normal hadouken.
Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 01:48:25 am by PeXXeR
#48  June 07, 2021, 01:48:36 am
    • Germany
Whoops. I forgot to make her invincible when she connects the reversal. Fixed, thanks for the report, PeX.
#49  June 07, 2021, 05:54:04 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
#50  June 07, 2021, 09:16:11 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Yup, I draw the kick over screenshots, dampir shade her, and FeLo did some touchups to the face.

Regarding scale and size... It's worth noting that there's not a direct correlation between spritesize and whatever the lore dude say is the height of the boob size of the character. Most of the time its a matter of artistic direction, with big characters selling they're big, and short characters selling they're short.

I also think that Angel scale is very much ok:

Gotta agree wit Karma on this one. Scale is dead on. I find it strange that the opponent appears to be hit even before the first hit of Wind's Fairground./Blue Monday parade connects. I suppose if that wasnt' the case, the opponent may hit Angel before she can even start her move. As probably one of the few weirdo's who enjoys Angel for more than just her looks, and actually appreciates her "unique" chain system I must say she's fun to use. Best Angel since Jin's imho.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#51  June 11, 2021, 03:46:26 pm
I know your characters aren't meant to be played on simul mode but maybe you can create a compatibility patch against any of jesuszilla's felicias that have a 'kitty the helper' super.
When that super is active and felicia forgets to fast-recover from angel's people's elbow, there's a good chance that alto would hit the latter and prevent her from finishing her hyper.
Felicia will then lie down until the timer runs out... Just wanna say I'm enjoying your character now that I'm done whinging lmao
#52  June 13, 2021, 04:37:09 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

Q: Why Angel?
A: It was a commission made by Everyone's Kouhai. Thanks, Kouhai :)

Q: How do I play Angel?
A: Angel is... Complicated. She's a blockstring monster that has very deceiving mixups. A good Angel player might be impossible to predict. Angel has a lot of meterless damage but she has to work for it because of the tight execution. On the flip-side, her meter damage is a bit lackluster. She doesn't have buttons suited for footsies, so she relies on excellent usage of Red Sky to get in without eating a combo.

Q: What's next?
A: I'm not sure, but Ash and Rugal are still on the works.

Angel updated!

Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)

Delicious release, thanks buddy!
#53  June 15, 2021, 07:44:24 am
  • É nóis! :D
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenFDR/
Wow, you did a miracle, your Angel is perfect, congratulations on your work!
#54  July 06, 2021, 01:47:00 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
I heard through the grapevine that someone went and made a PotS Angel. Seems the rumors are true. I might not get to playtest her for a good while but from what I'm seeing in the videos, she's looking good. Well done, KarmaCharmeleon.

And when I find out who "kooldshool" is, I'm gonna beat'em up for infringing on my gimmick.  ::)