YesNoOk

KOF characters: Should hitstuns and guardstuns be "universal" for normals? (Read 1581 times)

Started by krudelu, June 09, 2019, 03:54:26 am
Share this topic:
KOF characters: Should hitstuns and guardstuns be "universal" for normals?
#1  June 09, 2019, 03:54:26 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Hello,

Some people may already know that I've been editing a certain full game here. While I've been aware that in terms of KOF's hitstuns and guardstuns they tend to be "universalized" across the cast in the source games, I took the path of having differing stuns compared from one character to another but still keeping the frame advantages in reasonable ranges or close to source since I wanted to make certain meterless "modern combos" work.

At the moment, just wanted to know some opinions here.

Just wanted to know some opinions here when creating kof characters, do you guys prefer the hitstuns and guardstuns to be  "universalize" or do you guys prefer it/okay with it to have some difference while the frame advantages are within reasons (aka what I may call "standardized" which is the path I'm currently taking)?
Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 04:17:58 am by krudelu
Re: KOF characters: Should hitstuns and guardstuns be "universal" for normals?
#2  June 09, 2019, 06:04:46 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Well, you can always standardize pause.time and guard.pausetime to be the same across the entire cast, but otherwise everyone can also have different hittimes and guard.hittimes so it makes for the attacker and target's reactions during hitpauses consistent. I don't work with KoF or KoF styled characters beyond merely playing them from time to time, but I'd imagine consistent pausetimes are even more important for them so that players can aim for reliable precision with their links and guardstrings properly with any character they choose.
Re: KOF characters: Should hitstuns and guardstuns be "universal" for normals?
#3  June 11, 2019, 05:15:41 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
I agree standarizing pausetimes across the entire cast is more important to make the reaction upon hit consistent. Glad that I at least have that going on atm. I only wondered and worried about hittimes since I know that there may be some people that may be picky about hittimes despite the frame advantage