Ikemen Plus (Read 792940 times)

Started by ShinLucho, November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen Plus
#81  December 14, 2017, 02:11:45 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
and is it possible to change the resolution?
arcade for example, 400x254
you can change resolution in options screen. More resolution options and a way to set one by hand will be added in the next update (edit: you can also modify resolution in ssz/config.ssz).

Yes, this works perfectly

but today I tested the ikemen on another computer ... windows 7 64
and this error occurs: the screen turns black .... the commands and sounds work, but no graphics
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

may have some relation with opengl mode, something like this?

Video drivers maybe?
#82  December 14, 2017, 02:21:52 pm
    • Brazil
Can you help me with this? I can't launch the build. When try to it says this : script/main.lua:221: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)

I have just commited a fix to this error. Try this version:
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-Plus/tree/b70102392a871a109212ac3dd4e8d5e9fc37bdbe

You won't see char's portraits on select screen, but I want to see if this fixs those crashes at least.

Hm, It seems that i get the same error when i win a match. Just to let you know.
#83  December 14, 2017, 03:29:06 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
Video drivers maybe?

Memo, thanks for the tip .... I updated the drivers, but the problem continues

I tested a game of ikemen "normal"
works perfectly....
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

very crazy bug   :rifle:  :P
Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 03:58:07 pm by adriano gt
#84  December 14, 2017, 04:29:53 pm
, . / ; and ' are examples. If you type in COMMA, PERIOD, SLASH, SEMICOLON, and, APOSTROPHE they function but I feel having it respond to the individual digits as well would be useful.
The current solution with external window popping up is a workaround for a lack of io.read() function support that could read the key (point 9 of this post), so hopefully it will work in a sane way in future. Is there a list of all those characters that should be written like this available somewhere? If yes than auto swapping to those descriptive characters could be implemented for now (you know, after typying "," lua code will automatically change it to "COMMA" etc.).

Yes, this works perfectly

but today I tested the ikemen on another computer ... windows 7 64
and this error occurs: the screen turns black .... the commands and sounds work, but no graphics
not really a bug. The answer for this is even available in options screen when you try to enable "opengl 2.0 support"

On the other hand this option is enabled by default (like in clean ikemen), so you were not able to see this warning. Not sure if we should disable it by default considering many people ignore options and this renderer is clearly faster than the old one. Also opengl 2.0 support is a norm in all graphic cards for the past 10 years. Without this option enabled some external programs like reshade (which can implement sprite filters and scanlines) wouldn't work.

Hm, It seems that i get the same error when i win a match. Just to let you know.
Download fresh ikemen plus from github and try to go through the same steps you took to make the bug happen. The simpler the steps are the better, but it’s important to be precise so that we can isolate the cause. Post all repro steps here. One line reports like this are not enough to reproduce the issue locally, which means we can't help you (without spending hours trying to do the same thing you did without proper description of the problem).

Could you please tell me where exactly I place this? I tried pasting at the end of the main menu section, but didn't work, and made it extremely laggy.
It's laggy because you added it in place that loops each frame (you're trying to start a music every single frame). I don't know where exactly, but probably inside while or for loop. The command should be added before such loop is initaited. I will add some dummy entries for music in the next version to make editing it without lua knowledge a bit easier.

Not for screenpacks (see point 4 of this post). As for lifebars, no idea. You can install different mugen lifebar yourself to check it out.

Yep, looks like localcoord is not supported at all by ikemen (at least for now). What you will need to do in order to make it work is using "scale" option inside lifebar code. Open up 'data/gms_lifebar/fight.def' and see how each element is scaled to 0.5 and do the same. For 720p lifebar that would be 0.333 (for reference you can check add004 lifebars since those come with many different resolution variants and none of them use localcoord even for vanilla mugen).

---------------

edit: found a list o key names that should be automatically swapped in the next version (keypad buttons will trigger additional window for confirmation)
Code:
`	GRAVE
- MINUS
= EQUALS
[ LEFTBRACKET
] RIGHTBRACKET
\ BACKSLASH
; SEMICOLON
' APOSTROPHE
, COMMA
. PERIOD
/ SLASH
Keypad 0 KP_0
Keypad 1 KP_1
Keypad 2 KP_2
Keypad 3 KP_3
Keypad 4 KP_4
Keypad 5 KP_5
Keypad 6 KP_6
Keypad 7 KP_7
Keypad 8 KP_8
Keypad 9 KP_9
Keypad / KP_DIVIDE
Keypad * KP_MULTIPLY
Keypad - KP_MINUS
Keypad + KP_PLUS
Keypad . KP_PERIOD

There are also keys that can't be assigned automatically with the current workaround (since nothing happens when you press them), so these needs to be manually typed in the popup box to work properly:
Code:
Enter RETURN
Up Arrow UP
Left Arrow LEFT
Right Arrow RIGHT
Down Arrow DOWN
Tab TAB
Caps Lock CAPSLOCK
Left Shift LSHIFT
Right Shift RSHIFT
Left Ctrl LCTRL
Right Ctrl RCTRL
Left Alt LALT
Right Alt RALT
Backspace BACKSPACE
Insert INSERT
Home HOME
PageUp PAGEUP
PageDown PAGEDOWN
Delete DELETE
End END
F1 F1
F2 F2
F3 F3
F4 F4
F5 F5
F6 F6
F7 F7
F8 F8
F9 F9
F10 F10
F11 F11
F12 F12
Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:05:58 pm by K4thos
#85  December 14, 2017, 05:58:14 pm
    • Brazil
ok, very  thanks... i put false, and work now  XD
#86  December 15, 2017, 09:27:05 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
I do like to suggest to increase the versus screen time on the next release, so its easier to adjust the team on turns mode, right now feels a little rushed if you a have 3+ characters team.
Lasagna
Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:32:00 am by -Ash-

ExL

#87  December 15, 2017, 11:34:07 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
I've always wanted modes like in Rave Master - Special Attack Force, can that happen?
It's health tug-o-war for 2-4 players(in 2 teams), where everyone is acting like a vampire, each attack takes from enemy's health and adds it to yours and vice versa. Wins the one, who completely drains the health off of the opponent. Of course a lot of turntable moments with unexpected comebacks. Though in source game when you gained enough health you need to perform hyper to finish off the enemy, which can be ignored here.
Here's demonstration:

And woot! Finally, the gap between MUGEN and IKEMEN is narrowing to the point where there can be a need for only one! I hope you'll contact IKEMEN creator at some point(once you'll make all you want and can) and merge your branch in main so it'll be standard :)
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#88  December 15, 2017, 01:58:59 pm
    • Brazil
    • zero800@oi.com.br
If it were possible to change the order of teams at the end of each round it would also be very interesting. (+ strategic)

* If you think that the whole IKEMEN was done by a single person working, imagine how much it can evolve in collaborative work !!!
#89  December 15, 2017, 02:20:21 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Would it be possible to allow double redirects? Enemy,helper,stateno
#90  December 15, 2017, 10:45:27 pm
Not sure if anybody has asked this but, how can one implement the add004 system to ikemen plus? I tried it last night but the bars wouldn't show. The name fonts did, and my chars are patched but nothing for the bars.
#91  December 15, 2017, 11:13:29 pm
    • Brazil
Did you placed add004's common1.cns?
Lasagna
#92  December 16, 2017, 11:12:22 am
v0.3 version is up on github. Changelog:
- recreated Github repository with whole Ikemen commit history imported from OSDN
- shinlucho's fixes for crashes in online mode and when you skip sff conversion
- merged engine (ssz) fixes by Alceris (Fixed characters only taking damage from one out of multiple hits in one frame, Fixed characters turning when they shouldn't, Made AttackMulSet and DefenceMulSet actually work, Implemented stage p1facing and p2facing parameters). He has access to the repository to implement such fixes without pull requests in future
- default ikemen common.snd, common1.cns, fight.snd, fightfx.air, fightfx.sff kept in ssz folder (just in case they have some additional functionality when present there)
- menu / select / vs / victory screen music can be easily added via scripts/main.lua (--Music section)
- improved input remapping
- Save memory option added to video option screen (disabled by default since it negatively affected FPS - the game should be smoother now compared to previous version)
- more resolutions to choose from in options menu
- fade screen effect now works fullscreen for non 4:3 resolutions
- fixed 'Char change at continue' option (problem with exiting the match via Escape button when the option was disabled)

--------------------

sure, if you find someone who can understand engine code (ssz files) enough to implement it. For example Alceris implemented TargetVarSet and states -4 and -5 that function just like -2, but they're run even while the character is paused or superpaused. Every single bug can be fixed and feature implemented since all game logic is handled by ssz files, nothing is hardcoded.

If it were possible to change the order of teams at the end of each round it would also be very interesting. (+ strategic)
We don't have access to lua code when the match is already loaded, so not an option for now. This would require changes in ssz files.

I've always wanted modes like in Rave Master - Special Attack Force, can that happen?
It's health tug-o-war for 2-4 players(in 2 teams), where everyone is acting like a vampire, each attack takes from enemy's health and adds it to yours and vice versa. Wins the one, who completely drains the health off of the opponent. Of course a lot of turntable moments with unexpected comebacks. Though in source game when you gained enough health you need to perform hyper to finish off the enemy, which can be ignored here.
Again it's something that exceeds what we can do from within interface lua code. You can change teams order before each battle starts. After that lua code is not available until match ends.

Could you please tell me where exactly I place this? I tried pasting at the end of the main menu section, but didn't work, and made it extremely laggy.
Music can now be added by editting this section of scripts/main.lua:
Code:
--Music
bgmTitle = 'sound/Title.mp3'
bgmSelect = 'sound/Select.mp3'
bgmVS = 'sound/VS.mp3'
bgmVictory = 'sound/Victory.mp3'
Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 12:42:00 pm by K4thos
#93  December 16, 2017, 11:34:32 am
    • Brazil
You guys are doing an amazing job, thank you very much.

Also, if you could take in consideration my request

I do like to suggest to increase the versus screen time on the next release, so its easier to adjust the team on turns mode, right now feels a little rushed if you a have 3+ characters team.

I would appreciate it.
Lasagna
#94  December 16, 2017, 11:34:39 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
It maybe already be answered but if nothing is hardcoded, maybe Ikemen + will be able to handle 32 bits png pictures?
#95  December 16, 2017, 11:56:36 am
amount of team members should not make the adjustment harder since the timer takes it into account:
Code:
orderTime = math.max(#data.t_p1selected, #data.t_p2selected) * 60
Which means it takes the largest team and multiply 60 frames (1 second) with that team size. So with 4 people you have 4 seconds, 2 = 2 seconds etc. It works like this in modes that allows order changing and in versus mode only pressing a button from both player1 and 2 finishes the screen when there is still time left. Unless there is a bug in the code that is. You can modify this line in scripts/select.lua (just change 60 to other value). If I remember correctly 1 second was the actual versus time in Winmugen screenpack, so that's why it's used by default.

It maybe already be answered but if nothing is hardcoded, maybe Ikemen + will be able to handle 32 bits png pictures?
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2372928
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2377713
Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:08:30 pm by K4thos
#96  December 16, 2017, 12:01:15 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Ah, nice thx! :)
#97  December 16, 2017, 03:15:58 pm
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
Was testing out various characters and I noticed sff2png doesn't extract sprites for RoySquadRock's Pac-Man in a valid palette.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#98  December 16, 2017, 04:40:13 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
Nice project idea! I;ve downloaded the latest version, but I get a black screen, anyone knows how to fix it?
-----------------------------
Forget it. I've set the opengl setting to false.  :catgoi:

Now, taking back to the topic, is a nice implementation, LUA is a flexible language, I haven't tested Ikemen because the lack of docs, but is nice to see this projects to keep the engine alive.
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:45:00 pm by MadkaT
#99  December 16, 2017, 05:14:41 pm
    • Brazil
Nice project idea! I;ve downloaded the latest version, but I get a black screen, anyone knows how to fix it?
-----------------------------
Forget it. I've set the opengl setting to false.  :catgoi:

Now, taking back to the topic, is a nice implementation, LUA is a flexible language, I haven't tested Ikemen because the lack of docs, but is nice to see this projects to keep the engine alive.

maybe this help: http://wishdream.org/s-size/
#100  December 16, 2017, 06:16:37 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
v0.3 version is up on github. Changelog:
- recreated Github repository with whole Ikemen commit history imported from OSDN
- shinlucho's fixes for crashes in online mode and when you skip sff conversion
- merged engine (ssz) fixes by Alceris (Fixed characters only taking damage from one out of multiple hits in one frame, Fixed characters turning when they shouldn't, Made AttackMulSet and DefenceMulSet actually work, Implemented stage p1facing and p2facing parameters). He has access to the repository to implement such fixes without pull requests in future
- default ikemen common.snd, common1.cns, fight.snd, fightfx.air, fightfx.sff kept in ssz folder (just in case they have some additional functionality when present there)
- menu / select / vs / victory screen music can be easily added via scripts/main.lua (--Music section)
- improved input remapping
- Save memory option added to video option screen (disabled by default since it negatively affected FPS - the game should be smoother now compared to previous version)
- more resolutions to choose from in options menu
- fade screen effect now works fullscreen for non 4:3 resolutions
- fixed 'Char change at continue' option (problem with exiting the match via Escape button when the option was disabled)

--------------------

sure, if you find someone who can understand engine code (ssz files) enough to implement it. For example Alceris implemented TargetVarSet and states -4 and -5 that function just like -2, but they're run even while the character is paused or superpaused. Every single bug can be fixed and feature implemented since all game logic is handled by ssz files, nothing is hardcoded.

We don't have access to lua code when the match is already loaded, so not an option for now. This would require changes in ssz files.

Again it's something that exceeds what we can do from within interface lua code. You can change teams order before each battle starts. After that lua code is not available until match ends.

Music can now be added by editting this section of scripts/main.lua:
Code:
--Music
bgmTitle = 'sound/Title.mp3'
bgmSelect = 'sound/Select.mp3'
bgmVS = 'sound/VS.mp3'
bgmVictory = 'sound/Victory.mp3'

Can you please repost it to MediaFire or OneDrive?
My hat is a pancake.