YesNoOk

Wall cross-ups and not facing on hit... (Read 1157 times)

Started by Burning_Typhoon, September 13, 2014, 09:26:14 pm
Share this topic:
Wall cross-ups and not facing on hit...
#1  September 13, 2014, 09:26:14 pm

Is there anything I can do to stop cross ups while against a wall, and force the enemy to face the attacker when hit?  Some people find it annoying and I'd like to eliminate it.
Re: Wall cross-ups and not facing on hit...
#2  September 15, 2014, 12:01:53 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Are you asking offensively or defensively?
I'd imagine there's a way to do it both ways, but on offense you could just check the distance to the wall, and set a width.
Defensively, you'd probably have to do a hitoverride with a back edge check.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  October 03, 2014, 10:04:06 pm
Yeah, I'll try something and see what happens.  But, what about forcing the opponent to face the attacker when hit?
#4  October 03, 2014, 11:57:15 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
That can be in the hitdef.

p1facing = facing (int)
    Set to -1 to make P1 turn around if the hit is successful. The default value is no change in where P1 is facing.

p1getp2facing = facing (int)
    Set to 1 to have P1 face in the same direction as P2 is facing after the hit connects, and -1 to have P1 face the opposite direction from P2. Defaults to 0 (no change). If nonzero, this parameter takes precedence over p1facing.

p2facing = facing (int)
    Set to 1 to make P2 face the same direction as P1 if the hit is successful, -1 to make P2 face away. The default value is 0, no change in where P2 is facing.

p1stateno = state_no (int)
    This is the number of the state to set P1 to if the hit is successful. The state must be an attack state (movetype = A) for at least 1 tick. Used mainly for throws. Defaults to -1, no change.

^^^^ From >>>> http://elecbyte.com/wiki/index.php/HitDef
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv