YesNoOk

Projectile not exceed stage limits (Read 760 times)

Started by Burning_Typhoon, December 31, 2019, 02:56:31 pm
Share this topic:
Projectile not exceed stage limits
New #1  December 31, 2019, 02:56:31 pm
Ruby heart's Sublimation is an attack that sprouts from the ground, and attacks vertically.  In Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, it can't be summoned off the stage boundaries.

I downloaded mugen for the first time in years, and literally have forgotten everything, and frantically looking through various CNS files to jog my memory.  But, if the attack is done, I don't want it to exceed the stage boundaries where it'll miss the opponent completely.

It's Buckus' Ruby Heart, edited by 2D4 & gui0007.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

EDIT: After doing some digging, because I couldn't find anything that indicated what the position should be (oops) I found this:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 08:05:08 pm by Burning_Typhoon
Re: Projectile not exceed stage limits
#2  December 31, 2019, 07:22:34 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Use a cond for determining the helper's pos limit.

pos = cond((FrontEdgeDist >= 60), 60, cond((FrontEdgeDist < 40), 0), 0

This example in my Doppel Nanase will have the first fire pillar from Maiden Volcannon spawn 60 pixels away from her if he edge of the screen in front of the character is equal or above 60 pixels away and will spawn 0 pixels away if Doppel Nanase is less than 40 pixels within the corner in front of her.
Re: Projectile not exceed stage limits
New #3  December 31, 2019, 07:57:26 pm
Use a cond for determining the helper's pos limit.

pos = cond((FrontEdgeDist >= 60), 60, cond((FrontEdgeDist < 40), 0), 0

This example in my Doppel Nanase will have the first fire pillar from Maiden Volcannon spawn 60 pixels away from her if he edge of the screen in front of the character is equal or above 60 pixels away and will spawn 0 pixels away if Doppel Nanase is less than 40 pixels within the corner in front of her.

Thanks. Although, I actually went ahead and found a list of triggers, about an hour ago, and have been testing things out for consistency.  Also curious to know what happens at 50 pixels in your example.

My example below always allows sublimation to always go it's full distance, and if the wall is within that distance, that's where it stops.

Code:
pos = Ifelse(FrontEdgeDist <= 65,FrontEdgeDist + 10 ,75) , ceil(0*const(size.yscale))

That makes it more visually consistent with the players position.  It can never be more than 75, but I did still want the position to specifically change depending on how close you were to the wall, even just marginally, and not just a static spot whenever you were in the sweet spot.  That made it look like there was an invisible wall that the projectile couldn't get past too.  But when the player steps back far enough, the projectile could go just a little further.

It still hit, but I just didn't like the presentation of how it looked.
I've changed and adjusted for all versions of the attack too, so against the wall, there's no difference between the LMH versions.  Just like MvC2.
Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 08:04:53 pm by Burning_Typhoon