YesNoOk

STREET FIGHTER III 4th Assault - Future of Fighting (Read 1840585 times)

Started by Mastertkof, January 07, 2017, 12:32:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: KOF XIII MAXY MEYERS
#201  March 20, 2020, 12:48:19 am
  • Participate, be a part.
long project, all the progress is great WoW! I hope to see this finish.
Re: KOF XIII MAXY MEYERS
#202  March 20, 2020, 06:49:29 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil

... Man, you've finally got all the shading technique right. This looks very legit, it's a great advancement!

Now all you need to do is to polish the poses for the animations, mainly the feet positioning.

Great job :2thumbsup:

Thanks man.. Perhaps it change a bit ...

long project, all the progress is great WoW! I hope to see this finish.

Still loving to study sprites of kof... But still need money

Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 07:49:34 am by Anderson Masters
Re: Anderson Masters Thread. CAN MMD CREATE A SPRITE?
#203  March 26, 2020, 05:37:25 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
after lost my drive with my project...
trying to start again with another program, after see some work of mmd
i want to give it try:

first hours working on KOF ALL STARS Athena Asamiya Model

i create a tool for indexing
a kof xii shader
a no- antialiasing tool
now start to work on a dowble colored line art shader... to fit the style of shaders

i know this is out of proportion, but i'm working only in the shader now, anything matters at here is the shading

second try
Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:37:23 am by Anderson Masters
Re: MAXY KOF XIII (Reworking on the tools)
#204  April 07, 2020, 06:49:41 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
new beta frames
stand

LP

SP

LK

HK1

HK2
#205  April 07, 2020, 06:59:57 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
You managed to recover the files or you starting all over again?
#206  April 08, 2020, 12:24:42 am
    • USA

Dude these are pretty cool, you got skills
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#207  April 08, 2020, 08:32:24 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
You managed to recover the files or you starting all over again?
lost everything (but keep the experience, and with this, is easy to restart creating shaders)
and after all, i'm preffering MMD now, after learn about some tools and options off MMD (uses DIRECT X 9.0C) Daz 3D uses OpenGL 2.0 and up

Dude these are pretty cool, you got skills

thanks man! i'm trying to going on with this char

rolling moves (in game this is step moves, so, she do it and go foward, on the gifs she stay on the position and it seems weird, but in game is cool)

she will had alot of moves that show her back, cause i really love the way the shader works on her shorts and shirt, can cut clothes is a good advantage of this method, overlay is working good

beta sprite (render) / alpha sprite (render with pixel art edit)

Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:58:47 am by Anderson Masters
#208  April 08, 2020, 09:19:08 pm
Those animations lack weight and force for each attack, she just raises the arm (or leg) and you rotate the entire model, those aren't rotating attacks: there should be some sort of leg-foot movement to imply it. The animations are too stiff right now.
Also her standing foot doesn't look like it's on the ground (you should fix the part where it should be in contact with the ground) and  they're not jumping attacks so... yeah.
#209  April 10, 2020, 08:09:18 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Those animations lack weight and force for each attack, she just raises the arm (or leg) and you rotate the entire model, those aren't rotating attacks: there should be some sort of leg-foot movement to imply it. The animations are too stiff right now.
Also her standing foot doesn't look like it's on the ground (you should fix the part where it should be in contact with the ground) and  they're not jumping attacks so... yeah.
this spining moves will really need a revamp
looking now i'm reproving almost all, and will rework on only one kick

the foots just can't floot or cross the ground, there are gravity and colision seetings that block this

now let's test and try some moves

with this method, a move is tooking 30 minutes or less to become done on beta sprites
finish sprites is tooking about 5 minutes or less, someones more because some lines is hard to fit

walks (aproveds at now)

run (reproved for issues with foot positions) showing anyway

#210  April 10, 2020, 09:09:09 am
look at some boxing characters animations as reference so you can have an idea of certain movements and attacks for this character.
#211  April 10, 2020, 05:37:27 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
TL;DR, the sprite quality is good, really good, the current area of improvement is on the animations.
#212  April 11, 2020, 08:00:07 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
look at some boxing characters animations as reference so you can have an idea of certain movements and attacks for this character.

sure this will be the next steps, thanks

TL;DR, the sprite quality is good, really good, the current area of improvement is on the animations.

sure, let's work on it

working on full counter (works like Rugal and hotaru for projectiles and like dudley and cammy for physicals)

#213  April 11, 2020, 03:09:24 pm
She should be slapping, not gently patting, her butt, nor should she rotate her torso that much; you also need much less frames than that.
The uppercut has nearly no range.
#214  April 11, 2020, 06:07:11 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
She should be slapping, not gently patting, her butt, nor should she rotate her torso that much; you also need much less frames than that.
The uppercut has nearly no range.

slap is about timming, no posing
i think the issue is on neck, no torso
i'm using more frames on the betas, cause i will remove on the alpha sprites, so, is better to had more options, but i will try to reduce betas too
about range i agree, let's se a try of improve

old new
Re: Anderson Masters Thread (KOF XIII MAXY and some stuffs)
#215  April 14, 2020, 05:42:10 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Sakura Kasugano from street fighter V
edited and rendered on SF3 proportions, proto tool

what you think about this proportions (don't pay atention to the shader, it need alot of polish) i'm trying to fit the proportions of the model to de style

#216  April 14, 2020, 07:08:13 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Sakura Kasugano from street fighter V
edited and rendered on SF3 proportions, proto tool

what you think about this proportions (don't pay atention to the shader, it need alot of polish) i'm trying to fit the proportions of the model to de style

She looks perfect. I mean about SF3 size and body proportions.

Now I'm curious to know if tou're goind to convert her sprite to SF3 style. I'm curious to know if you can create a good base with 3D model so some adjustments in pexels can make her look like SF3.
#217  April 14, 2020, 08:27:32 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
She looks perfect. I mean about SF3 size and body proportions.

Now I'm curious to know if tou're goind to convert her sprite to SF3 style. I'm curious to know if you can create a good base with 3D model so some adjustments in pexels can make her look like SF3.

hi Ned! nice to see you still on the comunity!

sure no. the wip is the boxer girl in kof style, this Sakura is just for fun and study at least at now

sf3 is pretty harder than kof xii
but i will update it sometimes to see how many mmd can help on sf3 style

i'm loving the physics on skirt, bandana, nipples, scarf, works almost automatic

Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 08:39:11 pm by Anderson Masters
#218  April 15, 2020, 08:11:36 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
These models look great but I think if you referenced existing animations you would be doing much better. There are a lot of cool tricks in animations that would help these a ton.

I put this quick example together. Mine on the left, yours on the right.

The main things that are added is a frame at the beginning where her fist is drawn back, this gives the animation 'anticipation'. In the frame with her furthest reach, I stretched the frame, you can think of this as 'follow-through' or 'squash and stretch'.

I also gave a rough idea of hair movement but really every frame should have that, adding that 'secondary action' adds a lot to any animation and I exaggerated the rotation of her body to give a little more power to the animation. You can look up these animation principles if you like but pretty much any sprites you reference will already have them.

My example only has 8 frames but as long as you take frame timing into consideration you can work more in. If you are going for kof xii though, I'd recommend referencing their frame counts.
Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:47:49 am by inktrebuchet
#219  April 15, 2020, 11:09:22 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Very good exemple.
Yes, you have to work with Key frames.

This is this kind of method that's used in Nes 3D Guilty Gear games.

Otherwise, you have this 3D animated character smooth weird feeling.

And about this Sakura bas, I'm still thinking it could be a great base for a future SF3 character...
#220  April 15, 2020, 05:14:10 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
These models look great but I think if you referenced existing animations you would be doing much better. There are a lot of cool tricks in animations that would help these a ton.

I put this quick example together. Mine on the left, yours on the right.

The main things that are added is a frame at the beginning where her fist is drawn back, this gives the animation 'anticipation'. In the frame with her furthest reach, I stretched the frame, you can think of this as 'follow-through' or 'squash and stretch'.

I also gave a rough idea of hair movement but really every frame should have that, adding that 'secondary action' adds a lot to any animation and I exaggerated the rotation of her body to give a little more power to the animation. You can look up these animation principles if you like but pretty much any sprites you reference will already have them.

My example only has 8 frames but as long as you take frame timing into consideration you can work more in. If you are going for kof xii though, I'd recommend referencing their frame counts.

thank you very much Ink!   
this is really usefull feedback, you don't talk about troubles, you show troubles and solutions, this will be used on the char
nice to see you still working on sprites. i will send you a pm about some idea.

Very good exemple.
Yes, you have to work with Key frames.

This is this kind of method that's used in Nes 3D Guilty Gear games.

Otherwise, you have this 3D animated character smooth weird feeling.

And about this Sakura bas, I'm still thinking it could be a great base for a future SF3 character...

sure Ned! thank you! the points of Ink will be used, i'm studing the animations tricks of disney too, but fail at put it on sprites
but the char is for study too, so... perhaps i get better on this
and congratulations! you make me start to think on Sakura, but i no will make it alone, if someone want a colaboration i'm in, but is not my project.

Sakura shader reached the maximum that i can do

result
animation
comparission

Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:53:35 pm by Anderson Masters