YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 733958 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#921  November 01, 2018, 03:58:04 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I'm starting to think the Pirahna Plant is punishment for all those leaks.

Nevertheless, INCINEROAR!!!
#922  November 01, 2018, 04:01:18 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Piranha Plant, the character no one wanted, but did not know they needed.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#923  November 01, 2018, 04:02:03 pm
    • Mexico
#924  November 01, 2018, 04:20:18 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
yes that direct was great, ken and incineroar are here which proves that the box theory was right all along

also mii customization's back which i'm proud of returning, spirits is good, and it wrapped up with adventure mode with voice acting no doubt

also some final smashes were revealed during the nintendo treehouse live presentation like wolf's final smash where he summoned star wolf, yoshi's final smash went from having wings and can shoot flames to part of the intro from super smash bros melee with the yoshi stampede, and lucario's final smash is a mix of both brawl's and 4's where he transforms into mega lucario saying, "Max Aura!" and then shoots a beam
Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 04:24:07 pm by drewski90
#925  November 01, 2018, 05:39:50 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Looks like I was right on the adventure more part... what is it supposed to be, though?

Ken and Incineroar are great additions and additional DLC characters in the future will make it a nearly 80 character roster. That's batshit insane.
#926  November 01, 2018, 06:17:12 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Major video postings, so here we go:

Spoiler: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Reveal Trailer (click to see content)

Spoiler: Ken Solo Reveal (click to see content)

Spoiler: Incineroar Solo Reveal (click to see content)
#927  November 01, 2018, 06:23:25 pm
    • Brazil
I see, so Vergeben's leak about it being Incineroar actually fits with it. He said Ken and a gen VII Pokémon that wasn't Decidueye would be next, then he said it was, in fact, Incineroar, now it got confirmed. Just to remind you guys, Vergeben also confirmed Isabella before her release, and so far, the only thing he said that wasn't confirmed so far is another Square Enix character, though, according to him, the source that claimed this last one has been wrong before.
#928  November 01, 2018, 07:04:04 pm
    • Brazil
Okay, so, only now I saw... Piranha Plant... WAT? Its not even Petey Piranha, and okay, I get that its a classic Mario villain, but still... PIRANHA FUCKING PLANT??? (also, the Isaac leak got deconfirmed, such a shame)
#929  November 01, 2018, 07:29:08 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Please avoid double posting
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#930  November 01, 2018, 07:40:53 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I’m losing my freaking mind right now.  This is too good.  Nintendo!  How in the fuck are you going to spend half an hour on hard deconfirms for all of the most popular, most requested characters and then follow it by announcing Piranha Plant?

Isaac?  Nah.  Shadow?  Nope.  Skull Kid?  Black Knight? Shantae?  Who cares?  BTW here’s literally the least iconic character in the entire Mario series.

This is excellent.  I’m wailing over here.  Sakurai you actual goddamn lunatic.
#931  November 01, 2018, 08:03:31 pm
    • Brazil
I’m losing my freaking mind right now.  This is too good.  Nintendo!  How in the fuck are you going to spend half an hour on hard deconfirms for all of the most popular, most requested characters and then follow it by announcing Piranha Plant?

Isaac?  Nah.  Shadow?  Nope.  Skull Kid?  Black Knight? Shantae?  Who cares?  BTW here’s literally the least iconic character in the entire Mario series.

This is excellent.  I’m wailing over here.  Sakurai you actual goddamn lunatic.
Okay, I think the inclusion of Piranha was stupid, but calling it the least iconic character in the entire series is an extreme exaggeration. A lot of people DO reconize the character, so it IS actually famous, just not enough to justify it becoming playable instead of all the other much better choices.
#932  November 01, 2018, 08:04:03 pm
BTW here’s literally the least iconic character in the entire Mario series.
He may not be popular, but I wouldn't call it the least iconic even in the mario-verse.  He is likely to be the first obstacle you die too by a poorly timed jump over the pipes in the old games.  Probably a speedrunner's nightmare.  And don't get me started on those fireballs, ugh.

I noticed that we needed more villians and mooks, so.....
Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 08:07:22 pm by Kirishima
#933  November 01, 2018, 08:40:10 pm
Refreshing to see Ken in his true handsome form again.
At least someone is treating him with the respect he deserves.
#934  November 01, 2018, 09:26:35 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I knew all the "leak lists" were mostly incorrect because the crazy character nobody would ever expect wasn't on the list. There isn't a single list that had Piranha Plant on it.

To be honest it looks kinda good. Lots of range and projectiles. Can probably rack up a load of % with poison.

Refreshing to see Ken in his true handsome form again.
At least someone is treating him with the respect he deserves.

THIS.
#935  November 01, 2018, 10:26:44 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
The Grinch is dead, long live the Grinch.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#936  November 01, 2018, 10:27:24 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
psyched to finally achieve my dream of recreating all of little shop of horrors in super smash bros
#937  November 01, 2018, 10:29:36 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Well, at least I didn't spoil anything by looking at the Grinch leak. Overall, it was all kinda meh to me, save one or two things I really liked.. I woulda taken any of the leak characters (sans Ken) over Gen 7 trash any day. A little disappointed trophies are gone, I was looking forward to seeing all the ones they were gonna add.  Freakin Piranha Plant, though. Sakurai has officially jumped the shark. Am I the only one who finds it hilarious but sad at the same time that Waluigi got shafted as a new Mario rep but a Piranha Plant warranted being made a playable character? Not even any particular Piranha Plant, either, just a run-of-the-mill garden variety Piranha Plant. I hope he's top tier just for the lulz.

Adventure mode looks interesting. The little cinematic they showed beforehand poses a lot of questions (why are there a million Master Hands and whats that eldritch abomination controlling them), but was absolutely marvelous. I have my doubts, but I would love it if that was only one of many more cutscenes to be seen in adventure mode. 
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#938  November 01, 2018, 10:40:05 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
BTW here’s literally the least iconic character in the entire Mario series.
He may not be popular, but I wouldn't call it the least iconic even in the mario-verse.  He is likely to be the first obstacle you die too by a poorly timed jump over the pipes in the old games.  Probably a speedrunner's nightmare.  And don't get me started on those fireballs, ugh.

I noticed that we needed more villians and mooks, so.....

The absolute disrespect for Waluigi, though.  The only one left in the main Mario cast who isn't playable in Smash Bros, and he's not considered high enough priority to get out of Assist Trophy hell, and yet an ACTUAL, LITERAL potted plant gets in before him.  It's so amazing.   I'm dying.  Sakurai has killed me and sent me to troll heaven on the wings of a Piranha Plant.

John Cenaroar looks hype as fuck, though.  I love how one of his specials is throwing the opponent into the ropes.  Going by the screenshots on the site, he looks amazing in-game, too.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

One other note, I'm really happy they didn't actually show Isabelle getting vaporized with everyone else in the adventure mode trailer.  I don't think my heart could've taken it.
#939  November 01, 2018, 10:44:15 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Eh.  Funny choice with the Piranha Plant aside, rather boring direct to be honest.  Still, good to show off the basic menus and options throughout the game.  I guess what they're going for with Spirits is fine, but it doesn't have the same appeal to me from this trailer alone as Adventure of Subspace Emissary did.  Also, Zelda, what are you doing, you're not Breath of the Wild Zelda, why are you talking?

So actually showing some stat changes on Ken compared to Ryu makes me appreciate his inclusion more now, thank you.  Dark Pit just annoys me in that he really just is a Pit skin taking up space, and Dark Samus or Lucina don't really offer enough in my opinion, as happy as I am with Dark Samus being included.  Ken here actually feels separate enough on his own.  Incineroar, well, nothing's really changed since previous speculation.  He looks fine.  I have no interest and the character holds no appeal, but those who are happy for him, go nuts.  I'm actually perfectly fine with the Piranha Plant regardless if Sakurai's intentions were to troll or not, it's a neat idea and a workaround to get another big boss Mario character in with Peaty Piranha as the final smash attack, and from gameplay shown it simply looks like a fun character.  Doesn't mean it isn't a tad bit disappointing some of the other leaks didn't turn out true, Skull Kid sure would have been fun, but it is what it is.

I guess technecally Shantae made in into Smash Ultimate.  Cool, but does that mean that we should start checking off characters found in Spirits to not be DLC?  Because they're not doing trophies any more, and I didn't see spirits for the actual playable characters.
#940  November 01, 2018, 10:55:15 pm
I'm gonna guess that one of the 5 DLC charcters is going to be a Gen 8 Pokémon to tie in with the new game coming next year, much like Corrin.