YesNoOk

Ryu Update:September 2019 (4th Update) (Read 19579 times)

Started by 1.8.7, August 21, 2019, 08:32:42 pm
Share this topic:
Ryu Update:September 2019 (4th Update)
#1  August 21, 2019, 08:32:42 pm
  • Multi-Character User
  • Too good to master one character
===<Late August(Post-RagingRowen's Update 2019>===
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

2nd Update:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

3rd Update:
- Metsu Shoryuken has a small aesthetic change
  -Ryu.def Metsu Shoryuken has remapping palette effect with palette fx during remapping.
  -NormalRyu.def has glowing palette fx due to no Evil Ryu palette available to remap with.
- Metsu Shoryuken can be performed by Evil Ryu by D,DF,F,D,DB,B,2k
- Removed Aura like the past-games(SFZ2-CVS2) iterations
- Removed Classic Kuuchu Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku for Normal Ryu
- Balanced out Damage of Shoryuken
- Impeferct Shin Shoryuken damage increased
- Shin Shoryuken damage decreased
- Sounds Added in some moves
- SF4 Voices have been removed for CVS lines

Revert to CVS Update:
- Fixed Midnight Bliss Animation
- Removed Moves like (Nidan Shoryuu Tsuki, Reppuu Jinrai Shou, Seichuu Nidan Tsuki)
 to have focus for Street Fighter and CvS mixed moveset.
- Ashura Senkuu is reverted back to 2p/2k button
- A.I Fix (still not new, only fixes super cancels)
- Removed Super Text in Shun Goku Satsu Kanji Background

To Do:
-Better and Updated AI
-Option for Denjin as LV2 Super with Mixed Properties of SF5 and SF3
-Extended Color Seperation
-EX Ryu(?)
-Normal Ryu only mode fixed Evil Ryu palette when remapping palette during Metsu Shoryuken
-OG Shakunetsu Hadouken
-SF5/SF4 Voice Pack clean and repacked

Thanks to:
RagingRowen: for his edit of my edit of mrwly's edit
PotS: for the OG Character
Victorys: for the CS Sprites and Shin Messatsu Goushoryu Move codes
MFG for supporting and giving feedback
Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 11:50:49 am by 1.8.7
Re: Ryu Update: August 2019
#2  August 21, 2019, 08:49:51 pm
Welcome back dude !

Your link is broken though.
#3  August 21, 2019, 08:53:16 pm
  • Multi-Character User
I'm not fully back but thanks. ^_^

Link fixed.
#4  August 21, 2019, 08:55:11 pm
    • Morocco
Aye 1.8.7 welcome back ! If you plan to update ryu once more i got some cs'ed sfv basics laying around,i wanted to edit ryu myself but i can't code for shit,i was gonna release them as a resource eventually with more custom ryu sprites
#5  August 21, 2019, 09:01:29 pm
  • Multi-Character User
Aye 1.8.7 welcome back ! If you plan to update ryu once more i got some cs'ed sfv basics laying around,i wanted to edit ryu myself but i can't code for shit,i was gonna release them as a resource eventually with more custom ryu sprites

I do plan to update him more but mostly on how he feels as the lore "Ryu" along with balanced gameplay elements
Please do release the sprites, I may use them on EX Ryu for his 2.5D/3D-mode move variants if I didn't lazy again.

Hope you enjoy this Edit of an Edit of an Edit of an Edit of PotS Ryu. ^_^
#6  August 21, 2019, 09:03:13 pm
    • Morocco
Ill see,btw i only cs'ed the sprites,not made them.I'm not sure about who made them,i took them from memo's ryu
#7  August 21, 2019, 09:06:32 pm
  • Multi-Character User
Ill see,btw i only cs'ed the sprites,not made them.I'm not sure about who made them,i took them from memo's ryu

if i recall correctly, memo's ryu didn't have the same extensive cs sprites as victorys' did
if i ever made a mode for ryu(and not laze off again), then i'll surely credit them.
#8  August 21, 2019, 09:07:51 pm
    • Morocco

if i recall correctly, memo's ryu didn't have the same extensive cs sprites as victorys' did
if i ever made a mode for ryu(and not laze off again), then i'll surely credit them.

Yea,i only cs'ed the ex tatsu and sfv basics from his ryu
#9  August 21, 2019, 09:17:30 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Why not change the Nidan Shoryuu Tsuki back to QCF,QCB. It's odd to have the MAX version be MK/HK. Also, I renamed it to Metsu Shoryuken becuase that was its name in Alpha 3. You also messed up Evil Ryu's Messatsu Goshoryu, because it can only be done with LK.
Also I would suggest making the Imperfect Shin Shoryuken follow-up use up one less power stock becuase it doesn't do enough damage for a Level 3.
Also why did you remove the Evil Big Port from the SFF? The Evil small ports still remain.
My only complaints for now.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 09:24:46 pm by RagingRowen
#10  August 21, 2019, 09:27:35 pm
  • Multi-Character User
Why not change the Nidan Shoryuu Tsuki back to QCF,QCB. It's odd to have the MAX version be MK/HK. Also, I renamed it to Metsu Shoryuken becuase that was its name in Alpha 3.
Also I would suggest making the Imperfect Shin Shoryuken follow-up use up one less power stock becuase it doesn't do enough damage for a Level 3.
Also why did you remove the Evil Big Port from the SFF? The Evil small ports still remain.
My only complaints for now.

-It would be weird for Metsu Shoryuken as a LV1, I'm also considering the Nidan Shoryuu Tsuki as a vanilla version of Metsu Shoryuken.
-I'm considering Metsu Shoryuken to be only accessible by being in low health while also disabling the Nidan Shoryuu Tsuki like Ryu did against Sagat in the lore.
-QCF,QCB feels weird for my taste tbh, it is also closer to Alpha 3
-I redid the sff because FF3 messed up the sff by Auto-Arrange while fitting the extra small portraits into the normal palettes.

PS: I also forgot to include the SF3 Stance.
#11  August 21, 2019, 09:35:11 pm
    • UK

-I'm considering Metsu Shoryuken to be only accessible by being in low health while also disabling the Nidan Shoryuu Tsuki like Ryu did against Sagat in the lore.

Wouldn't that be too gimmicky for Ryu? This sorta reminds me of how it was for the Shin Shoryuken in MvCI where at low health the animation would change to have the Satsui no Hadou involved.

Tbh, I'll probably update my original edit instead of this one, though taking some snippets from this like the Messatsu Goshoryu and Shinkuu Hadouken stuff.

WIP Schedule:
#12  August 21, 2019, 09:45:29 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 10:28:24 pm by Mark85
#13  August 21, 2019, 11:34:02 pm
  • Multi-Character User
Wouldn't that be too gimmicky for Ryu? This sorta reminds me of how it was for the Shin Shoryuken in MvCI where at low health the animation would change to have the Satsui no Hadou involved.

Tbh, I'll probably update my original edit instead of this one, though taking some snippets from this like the Messatsu Goshoryu and Shinkuu Hadouken stuff.
I use "life < (number)" code from the SvC chararcters exceed move to meet the requirement if QCF,QCF,K = Metsu Shoryuken or Nidan Shoryuu Tsuki
I'm testing that right now.
Preview:
also why did you remove the sf3 stance or is it missing stuff
I forgot to put it in while redoing the sff....

Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 11:52:17 pm by 1.8.7
#14  August 22, 2019, 01:57:46 pm
  • Multi-Character User
Updated Ryu, check the first post for the changes.
#15  August 22, 2019, 03:02:49 pm
    • UK

Metsu Shoryuken for NormalRyu.def doesn't quite look the same because the def doesn't use his Evil Palettes.
WIP Schedule:
#16  August 22, 2019, 04:05:43 pm
  • Multi-Character User
Metsu Shoryuken for NormalRyu.def doesn't quite look the same because the def doesn't use his Evil Palettes.

I could fix them but that would mean the sff version will be converted in to 2.0 rather than the standard 1.0
And it will remove the exchanging and adding palettes like the OG PotS Ryu have.

I will find an alternative fix to this.
#17  August 22, 2019, 04:07:53 pm
nice to see you back, I had your Ryu, Gouki and Terry  ;) as for Ryu Ex if you plan on adding it, maybe you would like to check out Victorys' Ryu where he posted his readme in his wip thread to have some ideas if you need: http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2211365 all the best  :iog:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 04:11:41 pm by tehdevil
#18  August 22, 2019, 05:10:16 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Good to see you're still around. Here is my feedback.
- You have some typos in the readme, such as Nidan Shoryu Tsuki and Metsu Shoryuken being "D, DF, F, D, DB, F, k".
- I think Imperfect Shin Shoryuken should do more damage, I wouldn't want to spend 3 bars for a damage like that if I can spend 3 on normal Shin Shoryuken.
- Metsu Shoryuken for Evil Ryu is stated as D, DF, F, D, DB, B, k, with no indication like in Normal Ryu version, but I still can only do it only with HK, I think you should modify it to 2K (since is a MAX) or at least state that is only HK and not any K.

Besides that, there are the nitpicks I told RagingRowen on his topic but you don't need to worry about these.

Oh, and I loved the Metsu Shoryuken changing palette, nice idea! :)
#19  August 23, 2019, 09:01:42 am
    • UK
Well damn that didn't last long, yet another new update of Pot's Ryu this soon already xD

Interesting you reverted some of the changes RagingRowen made, but as I said in his topic I always liked how Nidan Shoryuu Tsuki can be canceled into the Shin Shoryuken, so glad you brought it back.
To play or not to play: That is the question...
Ryu Update: August 2019 (3rd Update)
#20  August 28, 2019, 03:44:56 am
  • Multi-Character User
3RD UPDATE IS LIVE (Check First Post)

Good to see you're still around. Here is my feedback.
- You have some typos in the readme, such as Nidan Shoryu Tsuki and Metsu Shoryuken being "D, DF, F, D, DB, F, k".
- I think Imperfect Shin Shoryuken should do more damage, I wouldn't want to spend 3 bars for a damage like that if I can spend 3 on normal Shin Shoryuken.
- Metsu Shoryuken for Evil Ryu is stated as D, DF, F, D, DB, B, k, with no indication like in Normal Ryu version, but I still can only do it only with HK, I think you should modify it to 2K (since is a MAX) or at least state that is only HK and not any K.

Besides that, there are the nitpicks I told RagingRowen on his topic but you don't need to worry about these.

Oh, and I loved the Metsu Shoryuken changing palette, nice idea! :)

- Fixed
- Added more damage but it can't get to its OG PotS Ryu damage tho
- Done

Thanks for the compliment about the changing palette and feedback about the character ^_^