YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2437578 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
APRIL FOOLS ;_;
#9761  April 02, 2015, 01:23:32 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#9762  April 02, 2015, 06:58:56 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
YES! YES! YES!
#9763  April 02, 2015, 09:04:49 am
  • 魂-Tamashi!!
    • Skype - Fallenad16
    • 1drv.ms/1xuFckG
I really need to catch up to JoJo

I thought this manga was gonna be bad but turns out its actually pretty good if your into manga that have power corruptions and anti-heroes (well kind off) then you will enjoy Ouroboros

so this is what happen when the world gets to addicted to facebook, twitter, etc. Real Account
#9764  April 02, 2015, 09:34:37 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9765  April 02, 2015, 04:02:31 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
yo so I recently started reading Apocalypse Zero because someone recommended it to me. Anybody know about it? I'm liking it so far, but it's the most stereotypical yet subversive shonen I've ever read. Like it's dumb bullshit but for all the right reasons.
The villains even have good plans...that should work.
is it just all that 90s edge?
#9766  April 02, 2015, 04:45:19 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
I really need to catch up to JoJo

I thought this manga was gonna be bad but turns out its actually pretty good if your into manga that have power corruptions and anti-heroes (well kind off) then you will enjoy Ouroboros

so this is what happen when the world gets to addicted to facebook, twitter, etc. Real Account

I'll check both of these out.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#9767  April 03, 2015, 10:46:40 am
Looks good. Ouroboros seems like a decent Manga to read and see.
#9768  April 03, 2015, 06:29:11 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I had forgotten how gay 8man is. I also forgot all of thechaarcter's names but hikigaya's
#9769  April 03, 2015, 09:18:17 pm
ok time to try some new shows first : is it wrong to rape girls in a dungeon episode 1 better than sao already. hope it won't turn like k-on on wheels or that other jrpg anime.
#9770  April 03, 2015, 09:46:49 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
apparently the novel is decent, not as good as shield hero, but still decent... I mean, the premise makes it sound shitty like SAO,

[EDIT]
danmachi episode 1 was fun, nothing I would recomend to people not already interested in the premise/genre, it did not have any glaring fault, besides censorship.

food wars, so it's like yakitate japan with more fanservice and more varied food.

nisekoi s02, same show would not comment on it except for the fact that this episode was a recap right away, like what muvluv and more recently yuri kuma arashi got, except that this one actually got subbed.
Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:00:41 am by Bastard Mami
#9771  April 04, 2015, 08:19:10 pm
Danmachi wasn't bad ,but the premise and the setting aren't to my liking. I'm growing numd to just straight up jrpg type fantasy. It isn't ugly show which means that someone thought this was worth putting the effort into so i'll keep my eye on it.

Yahari Ore was great and started exactly where it left off. I was disappointed when I heard it was switching studios this season and that sometimes leads to art being appreciatively worse than the last season, but it does look better. Good job feel.

Food Wars did nothing for me. I don't know if it's because Gourmet Graffiti, but whole deal of people orgasming as they eat food is getting old to me. It's even more distracting in this since those scenes are so exaggerated, it's silly. Apart from that, it isn't bad ,but I can't see myself watching the next episode.

Seraph of the End took me by surprise.  I never paid attention to it so going into it cold turkey made watching the first episode much more interesting. The setup is standard ,but the direction is really strong and makes the premise less messier and stale than it could've been. The art was nice, especially the background art which really fit in with despair filled atmosphere the shows is trying ot put forth. Whether it stays this strong is a mystery to me, but i'm already sold on watching it for now.
#9772  April 04, 2015, 08:27:07 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, the latest is on my "might watch list", about danmachi, I am partial to it because I quite liked rising of the shield hero, of the reviewers I have read, the one who was familiar with the novel gave it a much better reviews than the cold turkey ones, add to taht that when the anime was announced I just checked because the title made me think this was gonna eb a stupid fanservice harem, but the people who have already read the novel said it's nice.
#9773  April 04, 2015, 11:51:21 pm
No "Kienai Omoi" reprise for the Shirou-Rin scene ? What the hell, Ufotable, bad move.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9774  April 05, 2015, 06:34:41 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
MMAhou shoujo was good, though I am sad they satrted with the belkan backstory instead of the vivio "has two mamas" line, but I guess they don0't want to give us any hope that the focus is not gonna be on nanoha anymore. budget was shit but anybody who watched the pvs would have noticed.

No "Kienai Omoi" reprise for the Shirou-Rin scene ? What the hell, Ufotable, bad move.
sjw anime sites already bitched about saber's implicit rape/torture, because a strong female character can't have weak moments, right ? good thing japanese studios don't listen to that shit but only to bd sales numbers.
#9775  April 06, 2015, 06:16:25 am
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
Just watched the first episode of shokugeki no souma. and I got to say this is some of the most over the top shit I've seen in a while. its like right on the edge of trying too hard.
#9776  April 06, 2015, 06:29:51 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
it's like the jojo of cooking manga...! i gues, i've only seent the 1st episode of the anime

it's funny that the mc looks like shirou and his dad is voiced by the same seiyuu as kiritsugu :s
#9777  April 06, 2015, 05:06:46 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA

Slowly, I am uncovering bits of anime history. 
Speaking of that, I watched Otaku No Video a little while ago.  It was an interesting documentary, but I think more recent series like Genshiken and Welcome to the N.H.K do a better job.

Other than that, Minami-ke S2 is rather lackluster compared to the first season, as the humor just doesn't feel as strong here.
There's also some unnecessary bits of fanservice and all of the background characters have black faces for some reason.
Judging from this, I probably shouldn't expect anything better from the next installments.

But at least I've got Z.O.E Dolores i and Gunslinger Girl to keep me happy.
#9778  April 06, 2015, 06:08:07 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
about minami-ke, remember to watch after the end credits, sometimes they put a full minutes after them.

IO watched show by rock, at first I tought it was gonna be like k.-on but with music, but instead it even seems to be developing some plot. they got me at the talking guitar.
#9779  April 06, 2015, 06:48:43 pm
it's uber cute for me, but i'm quite interested to watch it again.
#9780  April 07, 2015, 05:16:11 pm
Vacation starts this week and I'm so glad I'll be able to watch Disappearance of Nagato Yuki. Though the new character design feels weird for me especially for kyon He looks totally different.