YesNoOk

Re: Auction alert (Read 27626 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, February 01, 2020, 02:16:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: Re: Auction alert
#81  February 03, 2020, 03:50:04 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
my 2 cents

2dee did a wrong? he harmed you or your rights? then call the fucking police, fucking sue him
what do you think you're doing here? you think you're the internet police? internet judges?
you're none of this, you have no legitimacy to judge others, you just make yourselves look like a bunch of savages
mfg already has a shit reputation when it comes to drama, look at the comments over there
https://i.imgur.com/1nGp8Oc.png

12 years of this drama, everyone now think of you as basement dwellers because normal grown up men with a job and kids would never pull out this shit for 12 years nonstop
you are slowly taking the life away from mugen with your fucking shit
Hi, you registered solely to start shit? You can take your ass back out to Youtube to continue to praising people for using others work lol,

Sorry that you people are uncomfortable with the notion of people doing things for free getting angry when others make undue profit off it. Not that useful idiots like yourself who only care about instant gratification and getting to play the end product (a compilation!! youre calling us savages because you want to play a compilation LOL) really grasp that.

MFG's "shit reputation" has been repeated for years on end, stuff about elitism and killing MUGEN has been repeated for years on end, when the reality is if anything is killing MUGEN it is the flagrantly disrespectful members of this community that continue to take other peoples work for their own gain. AceMillion and this situation are prime examples of where people who busted their ass to give quality projects to everyone, for free, have to throw up their hands and say "whats the point?" Because people like you encourage others to take their shit, MONETIZE it, and then defend them and call people savages and "killing MUGEN" for being upset about it.

Anyways, if you have to call us basment dwellers or screencap the echochamber that is the youtube comments of a MUGEN compilation I can safely say you're not worth engaging. Enjoy your ban buddy.
#82  February 03, 2020, 04:36:20 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
My 2 cents about this discussion:
I'll not talk'bout 2dee or mfg or whatever those personal discussions that push the thread for 2 pages with half hour of drama. I'll talk about MUGEN and Patreon.
While I agree that mugen should be free for all, and mugen games could not be sold, I see patreon as a good way to motivate a author to keep moving, like O Ilu work with rmm, spec ops and many other projects and have a patreon not to support a game, or support a character, but to support his work in general, if you like his stuff you can donate and keep him moving.
Still, if someone is working on a full game and also want to use patreon to support it, its fine, but there are 2 requeriments:
1. Use your own stuff;
2. Ask permission for stuff that is not yours.
If you do that so you are doing nothing wrong nor bothering anyone.
I know that because we are working on a project and using patreon as a support tool, no one bother us or want to blame the project, the demo is there and people get it for free, every character belong to capcom and custom sprites, backgrounds, menus were all credited, and active authors were contacted to get the proper permission, we even found some inactive people that not only give us the permission but some stuff that was never released to the public.
Thats it. Goodbye.
#83  February 03, 2020, 05:11:10 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
But Freitas, what ShinRei doing is basically making people PAY to get access on content from other creators that he won't gave any credit. He always get that excuse that "everything is Public Release yay". But no. Even to get on his Discord server you have to PAY for this. I know that Patreon is a good thing to motivate MUGEN creators. But compare now to O Ilusionista's Patreon and ShinRei's Patreon. Ilu's Patreon is only for people to help him and BMT to improve and Ilu did the tier levels for the dude who wants to be a Beta tester of future content, not to get access to a whole content or full game or even in a private Discord server to get access on characters that are from other creators like ShinRei is doing.

So using Patreon is fine, but not in the disgusting way that ShinRei is doing.

Just tag me, but I said what I had to say. 2 whole pages basically talkin shit about him n he ain't here to defend himself.

He won't bro, he's a fucking coward.

mfg already has a shit reputation when it comes to drama

"HA! MFG is the villain! MFG staff is mad!"
Seriously i'm tired to hear that shit over and over for so many years. "Shit reputation"? All because we're against people that doing such things in the community like ShinRei? Oh c'mon!
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 05:15:55 pm by 【MFG】gui0007
#84  February 03, 2020, 05:43:48 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
This post isn't addressed to anyone specific, it's more of an editorialized version of my comments on discord over the past few days.

First of all, if you think that monetizing other people's works (even in a roundabout way like Rei) should be be a banable offense, I agree on principle. I was going to suggest doing that with the Retroversus guy last year, but then he fucked off on his own, so I didn't feel necessary anymore. Much like him, Rei hasn't posted in months and unless this thread somehow baits him in I doubt he's ever doing it again, he has no incentive to leave his safe space, so banning him would be a completely Pyrric victory. If you believe you or your friends have been wronged by Rei your best shot at getting back at him would be to report his patreon, but I wouldn't expect anything to come out of it since he's insulated himself by putting Discord invites behind a paywall instead of "his game" directly.

Second of all, it's important not to miss the forests for the trees, the really greasy thing here is monetizing "his game"; the hard drive donation...drive that sparked this conversation in the first place is quite honestly a nothingburger, and I'm going to explain why you shouldn't get hanged up on it.

1) The whole thing isn't even on a gray area since Rei isn't offering any direct reward, even if he's gouging his paypigs this shouldn't be a community concern. Our own @Jmorphman: had a similar experience and thinks the price is believable, so he might not even be bullshitting.
2) I don't believe he's actually made 800 USD out of people on the internet. Let's take a minute to examine Rei's internet footprint:

His youtube account, whose videos only seldomly have over 1,000 views:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV_LJXcc0h5aos0ipHdJL3g/videos

His Patreon, where he graciously receives money from 9 (nine!) people:

https://www.patreon.com/2Dee4ever

You seriously believe a guy pulling these number is getting 800 dollars just like that? if a medium sized streamer or instathot had such a level of engagement they'd making over a million a year instead of shilling garbage like Raid Shadow Legends to make ends meet.

There's only two possible explanations a) Rei is getting money from RL friends and family, which loops back to "this shouldn't be a community concern" or b) Rei is seeding pot, and the donations so far are either greatly exaggerated or downright false. On either case you really, really shouldn't be losing any sleep over this.

lui

#85  February 03, 2020, 06:36:25 pm
    • USA
my 2cents:

it wouldnt be a big deal if it wasnt literally locked behind a paywall.

if he gave out his game for free eventually, which he wont, it would be similar to how people are paid to code or draw sprites or some shit. usually the sprite/character are released for free or arent withheld to a paywall just to access. the person in question was being paid for their time and not the character/sprite itself.

this is where its not the case for reis game. you need to go through monetized loops just to access it in general. pretty shady overall. especially when his whole system relies on add004, a public lifebar that everyone has access to that the dude spent hours coding and literally is the whole reason why his game even works. he hasnt made a single cent off of it, so why should rei monetize it for access?

do i think there needs to be a community uproar? tbh, no, other users have done worse. i can see why Jman and other people are sorta just tired of dealing with this can of worms especially when its been a few years at this point

do i think he needs to be banned? yeah, seems reasonable. as soon as money is involved for access it is neccessary to ban imo.

Now, here's the thing that im gonna complain about thats a bigger issue than shinrei's shenanigans that ive seen several users here try to do:

my REAL issue with everything stems from people going "oh he worked so hard to do this and deserves money for it. yall are just jealous because hes smart"

bullshit. you are literally enabling him for your own self interest because hes compiling a product that has characters you personally want for yourself that other people worked hard putting together in general.

im also sick of seeing people like Prime SC complain about "mob mentality" as if people who complain are in some sort of group. almost everyone who complains dont know eachother personally and rarely interact with one another outside of a few forum posts. nobody groups up to bash on one person for the sake of it. everyone has their own thoughts and opinions. if people shit on something, its because its THEIR opinion and their own take. stop speaking for everyone.

claims like these say "theyre hella petty and are grouping up to bully him" when really this kind of claim IS petty in itself. if MULTIPLE people from wildly different countries and communities call out shit, thats a pretty significant thing. this is a public forum. multiple people are gonna chime in on shit. stop pretending its some bigger conspiracy.

also, last thing, stop with the "racially profiling" bs. i cant even believe a user tried to use that as a point. thats a straight up slanderous lie. stop trying to sound woke when it isnt that kind of situation.
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 06:45:00 pm by lui
#86  February 03, 2020, 06:43:20 pm
  • Niigasan
There was no reason for yo ass to mention me. There is a damn mob mentality cuz it happens all the fuckin time. Yall did it to chucho, you've done it to falcon, me and shinrei. Especially you. You always got some shit to say like yo opinion matters so damn much all the fuckin time. Your always in somebody shit. Plus you've got some personal shit goin on wit rei, not wit me I really dont even like u at all cuz your an ass kisser, dont mention me again fam. And as far as the REI situation I just feel like people here dont like him personally. Talkin about banning for essentially no reason. Like I said before yall are mad cuz he found a loophole. HES SELLING HIS DISCORD NOT MUGEN ITSELF
#87  February 03, 2020, 06:54:03 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Golly, it's almost as if lying and badmouthing about an entire community, while not even bothering to ask to use their work for his own game... will make the entire community dislike you.

Shit

lui

#88  February 03, 2020, 06:55:29 pm
    • USA
There was no reason for yo ass to mention me. There is a damn mob mentality cuz it happens all the fuckin time. Yall did it to chucho, you've done it to falcon, me and shinrei. Especially you. You always got some shit to say like yo opinion matters so damn much all the fuckin time. Your always in somebody shit. Plus you've got some personal shit goin on wit rei, not wit me I really dont even like u at all cuz your an ass kisser, dont mention me again fam. And as far as the REI situation I just feel like people here dont like him personally. Talkin about banning for essentially no reason. Like I said before yall are mad cuz he found a loophole. HES SELLING HIS DISCORD NOT MUGEN ITSELF

youre literally using the mob mentality defense RIGHT after i pointed it out thats your fallback and are trying to make it sound like my opinion isnt something that should be allowed.

yes, i have opinons, other people do. people call out shit. welcome to life.

so what? deal with it, stop pretending like its an actual conspiracy. everything you just said reaffirms my point.
#89  February 03, 2020, 07:00:26 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
The only reason people want in his discord is the download link LOL

Anyways it’s clear Prime SC here doesn’t care about the ethics of the situation and he’s made his point very clear so no use in anyone trying to address that any further than has already been discussed. Guy seems really upset about it at that so ye

If peoplehere can’t deal with others getting called out for this behavior (monetization and lack of credit) all I can say is they either probably don’t make content themselves or just can’t envision why someone would get upset their content is used that way. Best anyone who doesn’t know try and learn why people react this way. It’s not gonna stop and it’s never not gonna get called out, that’s what having standards around open source content is about. It’s never gonna be ok to make profit off other people’s shit without permission and it’s never gonna be ok to not credit the work you are using.
#90  February 03, 2020, 07:06:52 pm
  • Niigasan

youre literally using the mob mentality defense RIGHT after i pointed it out thats your fallback and are trying to make it sound like my opinion isnt something that should be allowed.

yes, i have opinons, other people do. people call out shit. welcome to life.

so what? deal with it, stop pretending like its an actual conspiracy. everything you just said reaffirms my point.

Stop twisting my shit around. Yall all jump on one person and that's my fuckin point. Fuck that mob mentality bs. N u always tryna twist some words around nshit. Like just stfu sometimes. And I do care but tryna ban him n all that n still speaking on it when he hasnt showed ain't the way to go about it, hell hes using some of my shit but I ain't cryin about it. Just the leave the man be til he show.
#91  February 03, 2020, 07:09:23 pm
  • Shit

Shit
#92  February 03, 2020, 07:19:12 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
#93  February 03, 2020, 07:27:41 pm
    • USA
. Like I said before yall are mad cuz he found a loophole. HES SELLING HIS DISCORD NOT MUGEN ITSELF

Bruh it don't take a genius to figure out what's wrong with this. First of all loopholes by nature are definition of exploitation, and also, you're making absolutely no sense. Do you realize if it weren't for his Ikemen game, no one and not a single soul would have a reasonable motive to pay to get into a discord channel? God man what is going through your brain

UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#94  February 03, 2020, 07:29:10 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
@Primc SC
Well, the name "Mugen Fighters GUILD" kinda gives away that this place is a place of grouping so the so-called "mob mentality" could in fact happen here without any notice.

However, I don't think the people here are trying to lynch him or persecute him per se... but rather trying to bring him to justice or at least give him a chance to talk on the forums (or a "court" for him).

That said, I agree with you on the part that his absence will bring no essence in this whatsoever so either we should wait til he shows up or just go speak to him personally like me.
#95  February 03, 2020, 07:35:56 pm
  • Niigasan
. Like I said before yall are mad cuz he found a loophole. HES SELLING HIS DISCORD NOT MUGEN ITSELF

Bruh it don't take a genius to figure out what's wrong with this. First of all loopholes by nature are definition of exploitation, and also, you're making absolutely no sense. Do you realize if it weren't for his Ikemen game, no one and not a single soul would have a reasonable motive to pay to get into a discord channel? God man what is going through your brain

Yall are mad at the end of the day. Why not just leave him be? I know, cuz some people here have a personal vendetta against him. N dont argue that it's a fact. But I'm done stop pullin my posts.
#96  February 03, 2020, 07:38:35 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
How's your projects going? I know you're mad but we all have our differences.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#97  February 03, 2020, 07:40:20 pm
    • Greece
my 2cents:
He is using other's people work for his game,  he is not asking permission to use their work and he is taking money for their work.He should start his game from scratch.
#98  February 03, 2020, 07:47:48 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
what a rousing defense. "he used my shit so its ok for him to use all ur shit" and the final "lol u mad." a masterpiece of debate
#99  February 03, 2020, 07:52:48 pm
  • Shit
It's okay, guys. I let ShinRei borrow my car keys, so you all should let him do the same.

Shit
#100  February 03, 2020, 07:53:26 pm
  • Niigasan
How's your projects going? I know you're mad but we all have our differences.

Sheng is still goin, really just waiting til I have enough money so I can get this CS goin. But its coo. It's just a constant thought I've had. I've watched how people have been targeted around here n ion fw it.

what a rousing defense. "he used my shit so its ok for him to use all ur shit" and the final "lol u mad." a masterpiece of debate

That's not my defense I like how yall try n twist shit, my point is why tf are yall so upset when he doesnt even bother yall at all. Literally go out yall way (his yt, twitter) just to fw him. N yeah yall are mad. Whether u downplay it or not its facts.