YesNoOk

Re: Auction alert (Read 27507 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, February 01, 2020, 02:16:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: Re: Auction alert
#121  February 03, 2020, 10:12:35 pm
  • Niigasan
The fact u take the time to nab a couple of words from my posts just to say "cringe" is cringe worthy indeed. Be mad stay mad mad mad mad max idgaf I'm just repeatin myself n so are yall. I disagree with all yall be bothered.
#122  February 03, 2020, 10:15:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
do you need us to call a family member, are you having a stroke or something? Sit down dear, you are making a fool out of yourself trying to convince us how mad you arent.
#123  February 03, 2020, 10:17:55 pm
So, ignoring the dancing mad guy, what's the stance on the topic?
We just let everyone know what happened, right?

lui

#124  February 03, 2020, 10:20:46 pm
    • USA
tbh thats sorta what were all waiting for at this point.

all signs point to him not being banned but personally i think he should be at the very least. he isnt banned currently and is aware of the thread and has had a few days to say literally anything.

the 20+ pages of the back and forth was sorta unnesseccary but i gues things are sorta playing out now since everyone has more or less said their piece.
#125  February 03, 2020, 10:21:01 pm
    • Canada
So at risk of poking the bear here...

Has everyone here fucking forgot WHY we as a community don't monetize anything?

Shit like this could wake the sleeping dragon that is known as.... the Capcom legal team.

Using Mugen code without permission is a dick move, but it's not illegal. But let's not all forget why Mugen is even allowed to exist in the first place. Remember years and years ago when the SNK/Capcom legal teams were banhammering everything Mugen related, until they received enough fan pressure and came to the verbal agreement of, "Okay, don't sell on my terf, and there won't be no fucken problems, capich?"

I think Rei is fucking with something a lot bigger than some pissed off forum nerds. He's making money of Capcom/SNK's ip. that's a big no-no.

Although from what people are saying about his view count's and patreon subscribers I doubt he'll warrant much more than a cease and desist.
#126  February 03, 2020, 10:26:59 pm
  • Niigasan
do you need us to call a family member, are you having a stroke or something? Sit down dear, you are making a fool out of yourself trying to convince us how mad you arent.

Yall be sounding so damn stupid bro tryna make other people look dumb it is what it is fam. Like I said ts is fun. Almost feels like I'm trollin but I'm not hahaha. Buncha 30 somethings mad at a 20 some over some bullshit. Maybe if yalls life didnt revolve around mugen ya wouldn't be so butt hurt. Enjoy yalls day ladies n gents
#127  February 03, 2020, 10:28:38 pm
Have a nice day!
#128  February 03, 2020, 10:32:02 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I also felt it opens a couple doors people don't want opened. Its the reason I resurrected this thread in the first place to bring attention to Ace Million

People making commissions off coding a character are arguably skating on somewhat thin ice, as well as people commissioning sprites and CS for Capcom and SNK IP.

It doesn't get particularly egregious as these people are arguably providing services, but the game changes (so to speak) when people present a product for money, which is what these compilations essentially are doing.

All I'm saying is people are playing it fast and loose with the fan art justification. Elecbyte is for all intents and purposes defunct, so theres no real risk of running afoul of them legally, but Capcom is not and they haven't just forgot about their old material. These games run the risk of C/Ds and further action not just against themselves but the community at large.

Yall be sounding so damn stupid bro tryna make other people look dumb it is what it is fam. Like I said ts is fun. Almost feels like I'm trollin but I'm not hahaha. Buncha 30 somethings mad at a 20 some over some bullshit. Maybe if yalls life didnt revolve around mugen ya wouldn't be so butt hurt. Enjoy yalls day ladies n gents

#129  February 03, 2020, 10:32:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

you have replied about 15 times repeatedly begging us to recognize how mad you arent while trying to change a subject. Did this ever work out for you anywhere?
Now go on, stop posting here and go tell your mum and da how mad you aint as you turn into a corncob
#130  February 03, 2020, 10:34:47 pm
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
Hoes do be kinda mad doe
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#131  February 03, 2020, 10:37:07 pm
    • Canada

*transcribed into English for the boomers around.

You all sound so damn stupid brother. Trying to make other people look dumb is what this is. Like i said, it's fun. It Almost feels like I'm trolling, but I'm not. hahaha. A bunch of 30 somethings mad at a 20 year old over some bull-shit. Maybe if all of your lives didn't revolve around Mugen you wouldn't be so butt hurt. Enjoy your day ladies and gentleman.

Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:40:52 pm by Eric The Nihilist
#132  February 03, 2020, 11:05:08 pm
    • USA

True, he might be lying about how much he makes in general, but even if he's getting as little as a single dollar from our stuff it should still be just as important as if he was getting 2000 dollars because the value is irrelevant in terms of what he's doing and discussing said value will just get us into the "Why bother?" territory, which is how a lot of scams work like to begin with.

And I'm surprised that he hasn't been banned after seeing that the download link is indeed locked behind a discord that's exclusive to patreon supporters (At which point calling these "Donations" is just lying to ourselves). He's been asked for a download link repeatedly for hours on twitter yesterday and instead he dodged the question and kept posting more nonsense than Prime SC did in this thread. Mind you, I'm not asking for him to be banned as I'm not active here, but it's kinda silly that the reason behind him not getting banned is less about him not being guilty of doing something a lot of people here find despicable and more about him just not being active in this forum in general when that was never something the mod team kept in mind for bans to the point of being OK with pulling the trigger over very old stuff regardless of how active someone was at the forums.

On top of that, banning this guy's account will also prevent him from further scamming people who work on palette separation via PMs by using his quite old account (Because as silly as it sounds, using a years old account with tons of posts gives the guy "More authority"). If anything, banning him would be more about sending a message to the community than about preventing him from posting here again, but you guys are the ones with the keys around here so hey! Do as you wish.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

BTW thanks to the people who sent me a PM. I'm actually surprised that some of you got something out of the things I've released in the past, at least I can now say that I didn't spend time on any of those things in vain.
#133  February 03, 2020, 11:25:21 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Yes, he should be (full) banned not only as a message, but in order to prevent him from getting here, being able to con others here, and prevent him from getting to things posted here that he could turn around and try to make a profit off of. Plus, yeah, he is trying to monetize copyrighted IPs. Same shit is what gets fangames that normally don't get C&D'd suddenly ripped off the internet. Don't believe me? Ask the Shanghai.exe devs.
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 11:41:12 pm by Orochi Gill
#134  February 03, 2020, 11:34:00 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
But Freitas, what ShinRei doing is basically making people PAY to get access on content from other creators that he won't gave any credit. He always get that excuse that "everything is Public Release yay". But no. Even to get on his Discord server you have to PAY for this. I know that Patreon is a good thing to motivate MUGEN creators. But compare now to O Ilusionista's Patreon and ShinRei's Patreon. Ilu's Patreon is only for people to help him and BMT to improve and Ilu did the tier levels for the dude who wants to be a Beta tester of future content, not to get access to a whole content or full game or even in a private Discord server to get access on characters that are from other creators like ShinRei is doing.

So using Patreon is fine, but not in the disgusting way that ShinRei is doing.

"'ll not talk'bout 2dee or mfg or whatever those personal discussions that push the thread for 2 pages with half hour of drama. I'll talk about MUGEN and Patreon."
#135  February 03, 2020, 11:37:59 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Wow. Why is this not locked yet? Serious question.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#136  February 03, 2020, 11:44:55 pm
  • Niigasan
Cuz they wanna full ban him, but allow racist mfs to get half a ban, we tolerate racism but monetization? That's a lil extra huh
#137  February 03, 2020, 11:48:01 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Whatever happened to leaving the thread

lui

#138  February 03, 2020, 11:52:25 pm
    • USA
Cuz they wanna full ban him, but allow racist mfs to get half a ban, we tolerate racism but monetization? That's a lil extra huh

okay, who's racist? how are they racist?

if you're gonna accuse people of being racist, which is a big fucking deal, you better back your shit up instead of whining into the air about how people are racist when people are discussing mugen.

don't spew out shit like this unless you have cold hard facts and can think for even a second without failing to talk like an adult. you never back your shit up with legitimate evidence and are insanely lazy when it comes to basic communication to the point where you say you're 30 but you come off as a 14 year old who just learned how to use a forum for the first time.

so tell us, *who is racist and how*?
#139  February 04, 2020, 12:45:02 am
    • USA
A long time ago, I got into arguments here at the guild with people too. I think at that time, it was a misunderstanding but it blew up pretty big, and I remember being young and dumb and acting the same way Prime SC did. The whole "I'm laughing at you nerds! You're all stupid!" or "Hah-hah, look at all these dweebs, they so angry, why so angry?".... long story short, that didn't turn out well on my end at all, made me act a little pretentious and there was nothing that came good of it. I hope Prime SC learns from this as well, because what I did and what he's doing now is we were just faking ourselves out.

idk guys....
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#140  February 04, 2020, 01:58:46 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

What the fuck are you talking about? Racism? Where? Don't come with that man! Doesn't matter if ShinRei is black or white, what he doing is WRONG!

And he still with that excuse that "duh, there's no paywall, duh it's only to access my Discord server, duh it's all release for the public".
Where are these releases? The only public releases i see it's from their very old edits, which many of them there are no credits for the original authors.