YesNoOk

MvC2 Jedah by Kong released (Read 12859 times)

Started by DMK, May 19, 2008, 09:33:31 pm
Share this topic:

DMK

MvC2 Jedah by Kong released
#1  May 19, 2008, 09:33:31 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Re: MvC2 Jedah by Kong released
#2  May 19, 2008, 09:34:13 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
For a second or two I thought of downloading it for being Jedah, then I remembered my own rule about characters.
#3  May 19, 2008, 09:40:24 pm
The "Any character by Kong sucks" rule?
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#4  May 19, 2008, 09:43:22 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Great, now Kong is getting his share of antiahuronites and antibeppulians too.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#5  May 19, 2008, 09:46:45 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Not that much as "expect until people praise it before downloading it". I have a limit of downloads here and I hardly download stuff lately.

Im just a Jedah fanboy.

DMK

#6  May 19, 2008, 09:55:53 pm
    • USA
Apprantly it maybe a conversion of a character named Dueces.

Saying it has to do something with the readme.

Still not worth the download. I just report'em when I see'em.

basicly it maybe stolen code and etc, may have to switch it to the edits and add-ons section. :P
#7  May 19, 2008, 10:03:34 pm
  • Far away from home
    • France
Jedah by Deuce...

Open source ?  ???
#8  May 19, 2008, 10:04:33 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
We dont care about what is or not open source in this forum.
We just will also laugh at lack of ability to do something the same level as the original material.
#9  May 19, 2008, 10:41:55 pm
    • UK
Jedah? Now this is something new from kong  ???.
To play or not to play: That is the question...
#10  May 19, 2008, 11:07:17 pm
  • I'm a llama!
What are you guys talking about? I saw no Read me talking about how Kong using Deuces Jedah and converted him.
#11  May 19, 2008, 11:12:37 pm
  • It's the monkey in my pants, isn't it.
What are you guys talking about? I saw no Read me talking about how Kong using Deuces Jedah and converted him.
DMK probably mistook my post on MI as "fact". I merely said that I had a feeling he "stole" Deuces Jedah, either the base code, the sprites, etc, and DMK assumed I knew what I was talking about. Fact is, I can't download it due to Mediafire not working with Opera (the only reason I'd grab him is to see if I'm right or not).
Coming soon

Something maybe possibly related to possible maybe Mugen WIP.
#12  May 19, 2008, 11:37:33 pm
  • FUCK YOUR FACE. ;-)
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
OH DEAR GOD!I cant DL THIS CHAR IF ITS STOLEN! My God! I would be such a horrible person to DL something with stolen code...  --;

Seriously... Some of you people need to be... nevermind ;P

DMK

#13  May 19, 2008, 11:42:22 pm
    • USA
DMK probably mistook my post on MI as "fact". I merely said that I had a feeling he "stole" Deuces Jedah, either the base code, the sprites, etc, and DMK assumed I knew what I was talking about. Fact is, I can't download it due to Mediafire not working with Opera (the only reason I'd grab him is to see if I'm right or not).

Hey I said "maybe", never said it was found out to be stolen yet or at all.

If he edited off of it he edited off of it, but then it'd become a more "edits/add-on" section character. Nothing more.
#14  May 20, 2008, 12:14:15 am
  • Start wearing purple wearing purple ♪
The character has nothing from Deuce's, it's clean, but I guess most are better here to notice.

:sugoi: Ahaha what a mess.
#15  May 20, 2008, 08:09:03 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Not that much as "expect until people praise it before downloading it". I have a limit of downloads here and I hardly download stuff lately.

Im just a Jedah fanboy.

Wall of feedback like Vans and I do. :P

OH DEAR GOD!I cant DL THIS CHAR IF ITS STOLEN! My God! I would be such a horrible person to DL something with stolen code...  --;

Seriously... Some of you people need to be... nevermind ;P

You suck.
#16  May 20, 2008, 09:16:37 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
I looked Deuces Jedah (which in my opinion a very solid peice of code) and I also looked at Kongs Jedah. This was the 1st time I tried Kongs character but only because I am a darkstalker fan and I belive Jedah is a very cool character.

Both Jedahs are indeed different. Deuces follows more Darkstalkers line where Kongs is just MvC/CvS all in one. Quietely reading over Kongs released sections here and MI I was looking for Kongs Jedah to do alot of damage. Surprizingly Dueces did more with regular hits but Kongs Jedah tore up my HP bar when he did his supers. It was quite weird to see a Darkstalker doing things a MvC body would.

I don't know and I don't care as to each his own and Kong seems to follow a style of character creating that is suitable to him. His base of coding just seems like unsure. Like hey do I do CvSit or MvCit and/or DarkStalkerit. I do belive it rather possible to produce creations at a fast pace but I think atlest some care should be taken when making a character and develop with it and even build a bond with it.

Kong's personality is the type that "hey I did it w/e its cool, Im not going to lose sleep over it, im a mugen creator" Nothing wrong with the personality but I think some things should be earned. Seeing as how his works are viewed and reviewed by people that know Mugen it would be nice if he took the time to check out 3rd person perspective. You don't have to agree and fix everything but 3rd person sees things better.

Personaly for me. I use brokenMUGEN screenpack and I can go to 693 slots. Im going to make my select.def = Morrigan/Morrigan.def x 693 and its pretty much good game.
#17  May 20, 2008, 08:28:28 pm
  • Sucks to your Numerology!

Now you can never unsee it.
#18  May 20, 2008, 09:19:02 pm
I looked Deuces Jedah (which in my opinion a very solid peice of code) and I also looked at Kongs Jedah. This was the 1st time I tried Kongs character but only because I am a darkstalker fan and I belive Jedah is a very cool character.

Both Jedahs are indeed different. Deuces follows more Darkstalkers line where Kongs is just MvC/CvS all in one. Quietely reading over Kongs released sections here and MI I was looking for Kongs Jedah to do alot of damage. Surprizingly Dueces did more with regular hits but Kongs Jedah tore up my HP bar when he did his supers. It was quite weird to see a Darkstalker doing things a MvC body would.

I don't know and I don't care as to each his own and Kong seems to follow a style of character creating that is suitable to him. His base of coding just seems like unsure. Like hey do I do CvSit or MvCit and/or DarkStalkerit. I do belive it rather possible to produce creations at a fast pace but I think atlest some care should be taken when making a character and develop with it and even build a bond with it.

Kong's personality is the type that "hey I did it w/e its cool, Im not going to lose sleep over it, im a mugen creator" Nothing wrong with the personality but I think some things should be earned. Seeing as how his works are viewed and reviewed by people that know Mugen it would be nice if he took the time to check out 3rd person perspective. You don't have to agree and fix everything but 3rd person sees things better.

Personaly for me. I use brokenMUGEN screenpack and I can go to 693 slots. Im going to make my select.def = Morrigan/Morrigan.def x 693 and its pretty much good game.

Kong releases his work for the rest of Infinity, but it manages to trickle out to the other forums like MI an MFG via news carriers like DMK, which is fine, but to sit here and criticize his work because you are limited to what you can download, you dislike his previous work, you dislike his style of work/coding/sprite ripping/etc. is pointless as he does not visit this forum. He actually catches wind of what you folks here and at MI say through his release thread at Infinity's forum when others report back to him about what is said. Is he supposed to fret because people dislike his work? He obviously does not do this for glory. If he did, he would post at all major forums when he releases his material. Because of the lack of his response here and at MI (and wherever else people bitch and moan about the new Kong release) that's where people start to yapping and come to this consensus that he carries this "hey I did it w/e its cool" attitude. The only stance or opinion about his creations he has taken/stated is that his work is not accurate in every way to the original MvC2 games and that people attacking him for 1) no reason, 2) personal vendetta issues, 3) just looking for something to bitch about... etc he won't give 2 hoots about your views on how HE should create HIS stuff nor how fast (or slow) HE should do things. If you think about it in real life terms, that's called "shaking the haters off your back" when you really are not inclined nor committed to listen to these same haters who want you to do things THEIR way or to the degree of accuracy they have come to expect from the Capcom games or creators who each respective forum hold on that high and mighty pedestal of gold. Again, I stress that Kong is not in this for the fame. He does what he does for his own self satisfaction for whoever that one or 2 individual who has not been groomed by that "old way of thinking" that if you don't create a very accurate character to the original game, you are now shit compared to whoever else currently fills that spot in their roster. I bet that in most cases, people will just be looking for another chance to whine and complain just for the hell of it. I think it's kind of asinine for people to be opening release threads for Kong's characters when we all know the majority of the MI/MFG haters will all chime in just to get a piece of the action or just for the hell of it without trying the newly released material for reasons posted above.

Any theory of whether Kong used sprites from another creators character should be thrown out the window as you can log into Infinity's homepage and see his ripped spritework there. He rips his own stuff. The other theory of using code is not only ludicrous but down right insulting to him and those of us that know, and that have known him for a long time now. Kong does not use other people's work, hence why he does not include readme's with his stuff. He does not need to create a readme just to recognize and credit himself for sprite ripping, ideas, coding, inspiration, help, blah blah blah.
Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:22:54 pm by Excursion
#19  May 20, 2008, 10:16:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/

Kong releases his work for the rest of Infinity, but it manages to trickle out to the other forums like MI an MFG via news carriers like DMK, which is fine, but to sit here and criticize his work because you are limited to what you can download, you dislike his previous work, you dislike his style of work/coding/sprite ripping/etc. is pointless as he does not visit this forum. He actually catches wind of what you folks here and at MI say through his release thread at Infinity's forum when others report back to him about what is said. Is he supposed to fret because people dislike his work? He obviously does not do this for glory. If he did, he would post at all major forums when he releases his material. Because of the lack of his response here and at MI (and wherever else people bitch and moan about the new Kong release) that's where people start to yapping and come to this consensus that he carries this "hey I did it w/e its cool" attitude. The only stance or opinion about his creations he has taken/stated is that his work is not accurate in every way to the original MvC2 games and that people attacking him for 1) no reason, 2) personal vendetta issues, 3) just looking for something to bitch about... etc he won't give 2 hoots about your views on how HE should create HIS stuff nor how fast (or slow) HE should do things. If you think about it in real life terms, that's called "shaking the haters off your back" when you really are not inclined nor committed to listen to these same haters who want you to do things THEIR way or to the degree of accuracy they have come to expect from the Capcom games or creators who each respective forum hold on that high and mighty pedestal of gold. Again, I stress that Kong is not in this for the fame. He does what he does for his own self satisfaction for whoever that one or 2 individual who has not been groomed by that "old way of thinking" that if you don't create a very accurate character to the original game, you are now shit compared to whoever else currently fills that spot in their roster. I bet that in most cases, people will just be looking for another chance to whine and complain just for the hell of it. I think it's kind of asinine for people to be opening release threads for Kong's characters when we all know the majority of the MI/MFG haters will all chime in just to get a piece of the action or just for the hell of it without trying the newly released material for reasons posted above.

Any theory of whether Kong used sprites from another creators character should be thrown out the window as you can log into Infinity's homepage and see his ripped spritework there. He rips his own stuff. The other theory of using code is not only ludicrous but down right insulting to him and those of us that know, and that have known him for a long time now. Kong does not use other people's work, hence why he does not include readme's with his stuff. He does not need to create a readme just to recognize and credit himself for sprite ripping, ideas, coding, inspiration, help, blah blah blah.

Heh, and I though I was being politicaly correct/incorrect. To each his own Excursion. Discussion about these types of subject is nothing but a stalemate. Unfortunately though everybody has to agree or disagree about certain works being accurate or not. It's just how it is. Only reason why I joined in the discussion is because I like Deuces Jedah alot and I wanted to compare it to Kongs (even though I quietely read about works in release threads).

Thing is and its a damn shame I am replying where I should be working. If a creator has alot of fanboys and fangirls and fuels and focuses his creations based of that then we have a character like the one named Hall of Fame of January 2008.

Quite frankely this thread sucks and server no purpose. Im going to work on sexy.
#20  May 20, 2008, 10:17:17 pm
He does what he does for his own self satisfaction for whoever that one or 2 individual who has not been groomed by that "old way of thinking" that if you don't create a very accurate character to the original game, you are now shit compared to whoever else currently fills that spot in their roster.
That is FAR from the top of the list of issues with Kong's 'work'.