YesNoOk

Kong releases : MvC2 Tron Bonne (Read 105064 times)

Started by tetsuo9999, June 23, 2008, 07:20:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Kong releases : MvC2 Cable
#421  September 15, 2008, 09:58:47 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#422  September 15, 2008, 11:03:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
This is found releases, though; so it is not THAT rude.
#423  September 16, 2008, 05:14:20 am
  • Cthulhu fhtagn !
At the risk of being slightly rude, WhiteMagic's Doom is better than Juan Carlos' IMO.  :curtain:

Edit: AI != better  :P
Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:00:24 am by Tchernobog
#424  September 16, 2008, 06:05:23 am
Not better than the Scruffy Dragon enhanced one.
#425  September 16, 2008, 07:18:43 am
#426  September 23, 2008, 05:43:39 pm
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
Cyclops released. BEHOLD!

Edit: He's got a new hyper or two that, unfortunately, leave him very vulnerable. He has pretty bad priority for a Kong character. And his moves don't take off as much damage, or deliver as many hits as his other chars. Aside from spamming HP and cr HP(mini optic blasts), the AI is not cheap at all. He's too normal dammit! Needs to be cheaper! Also, I wish he would have included more sound bites, like reza did for his Cyke. A good char, but there is room for improvement. In his own words, "Perhaps some more time in the danger room."
Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:44:05 pm by atomicbuster
#427  September 24, 2008, 08:27:58 pm
  • ITS MORPHING TIME!!!
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • http://www.mediafire.com/?qt39a5kvdd0a5,sf1v19c639n01,e3ctsei5sid20,5i0jjcjri7zvl,g2led8bz1uj54,47gwixx3kw399,ytydyqlxfd7b4
Cyclops released. BEHOLD!

Edit: He's got a new hyper or two that, unfortunately, leave him very vulnerable. He has pretty bad priority for a Kong character. And his moves don't take off as much damage, or deliver as many hits as his other chars. Aside from spamming HP and cr HP(mini optic blasts), the AI is not cheap at all. He's too normal dammit! Needs to be cheaper! Also, I wish he would have included more sound bites, like reza did for his Cyke. A good char, but there is room for improvement. In his own words, "Perhaps some more time in the danger room."

I thought this guy would have been great since Kong made it but i was wrong, don't get me wrong its ok but needs more work...

- Cyclops needs more sounds like AB said before.
- Better timing for his animations or maybe more animations to make them more smoother because he feels really weird and sloppy.
- Some Alpha Transparencies would be nice, his beams looks too out there maybe a A1 Trans would make it a little sexier.
- His velocities needs some work, Cyclone Kick when executed makes him look like he's flying towards you when he shouldn't it should be more like a high jump kick to the upper body then a trip like kick to the lower body.
- Controls are off or maybe that was intended. ???
- Like the new Hyper/Super when he shoots multiple beams at once remains me of MUA.
- Air Combos are just... :o, not in a good way.
- Pausetimes needs a little tweaking.
- The intro when he throws off his jacket needs to be a tad slower, mainly his jacket.

Well that's all i got so far, this Cyclops makes me want to work on mine some more.

Re: Kong releases : MvC2 Cyclops
#428  September 25, 2008, 04:44:20 am
  • Cool
He's a great sprite ripper, though.

Maybe you could borrow some of them, if you feel like it.

Oh, and you Cyclops is awesome, Reza.

Kong's... well the errors are there. Just there. Nothing beyond that, really.
So this.... this is the beginning of something awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBGN4pLDqSE

I support real hip hop.
#429  September 25, 2008, 05:30:34 am
Reza: Better get to it man!  :D This Cyke is pretty good now!

I mentioned similar observations to kong at IMT and he tweaked some of the properties of the attacks, maybe the AI as well, and told me to DL him again. I did and he is MUCH improved. I wouldn't say he's sloppy, just quicker. The vels of certain attacks truly are subject to personal preference. Kong can argue that he wants the attacks to look however they do now. Regarding his intro, I think one anim elem is low by a pixel or two. The whole taunt is misaligned. Maybe he didn't have so many soundbites in MVC2 (I wouldn't know cuz I stopped playing Vs after XvS). I prefer more sounds, but perhaps kong doesn't. Input for Gene Splice is different (so change it, I did). I'm sure there will be updates as bugs and other issues get reported.

#430  September 25, 2008, 05:46:17 am
  • It's the monkey in my pants, isn't it.
I'm sure there will be updates as bugs and other issues get reported.
You're kidding, right?

His Sentinel, Magneto, and god knows how many of his other creations are riddled full of bugs, to the point where you can't beat them because of shoddy coding (Sentinel and Magneto can survive Rare Akuma's SGS and Instant-kill moves, on top of others) creates a clone everytime you hit them. -.-
Coming soon

Something maybe possibly related to possible maybe Mugen WIP.
#431  September 26, 2008, 07:36:21 pm
What bugs are in Magneto?

If you can't beat them because you put them on HARD, then don't use that setting. I always use Medium. I haven't seen clones apart from Venom (which he fixed) and Omega Red (which hasn't been reported, I think). Actually, I will never have Rare Akuma on my roster, but it's good to know some chars can survive his SGS and insta-kill moves. Remember, Magneto has a Magnetic Shield and Sentinel has no soul, so SGS has no effect.
#432  September 26, 2008, 07:59:30 pm
Reza: Better get to it man!  :D This Cyke is pretty good now!

I mentioned similar observations to kong at IMT and he tweaked some of the properties of the attacks, maybe the AI as well, and told me to DL him again. I did and he is MUCH improved. I wouldn't say he's sloppy, just quicker. The vels of certain attacks truly are subject to personal preference. Kong can argue that he wants the attacks to look however they do now. Regarding his intro, I think one anim elem is low by a pixel or two. The whole taunt is misaligned. Maybe he didn't have so many soundbites in MVC2 (I wouldn't know cuz I stopped playing Vs after XvS). I prefer more sounds, but perhaps kong doesn't. Input for Gene Splice is different (so change it, I did). I'm sure there will be updates as bugs and other issues get reported.

I'm sorry but saying that Kong's Cyke is even close to Reza's is a grave insult. All of Kong's MvC characters save for Omega Red are utter piles of crap. There are much better versions of them made by other creators. So please don't tell me that his Juggernaut is better than Splode's. If you do then give me that shit your smoking.
#433  September 28, 2008, 06:35:00 am
Here we go. Opinion time.

I'm sorry but Kong's characters are not crap and I'm pretty sure Reza knows I did not insult him from a grave. I don't smoke and please don't use curse words.  >:(

Splode's Juggernaut is a fine arcade conversion. If that's what you're looking for, good for you. I like creativity. For me, that's what MUGEN is about. In that case, Kong's Juggernaut is better that Splode's, and Acey's, too. Original attacks, winposes, and gameplay. He's not trying to be anal retentive and painstakingly replicate what has already been done. Neither is he trying to impress some random internet ghost with meaningless expectations. Seriously, unplug from the Matrix. Free your mind. Not everything has to be Arcade perfect. Bend the spoon...now turn it sideways...

And so far as I have seen, Reza is in the process of updating his Cyclops. The only one I've seen of his is a beta from 2007. Some of his attacks make the opp. disappear and the attacks are way wacky. When he comes out with the updated version, then he may be the best, but it hasn't happened yet. Kong's is more complete than Reza's at this time. Who are the other creators you referred to, is it SuperScott and Sunboy? Yeah, Kong's is way more creative, better AI, and is easier to play with (and more palettes).

BTW, SHUMA GORATH RELEASED! This one's a bit short on the creative side.
Basic Shuma I guess.
#434  September 28, 2008, 06:55:52 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Not everything needs to be perfectly accurate but at the same time it doesn't need to be flawed and full of crap and bugs, which is what Kong's garbage is full of.

In terms of creations aforementioned:
Reza > Kong
Splode > Acey > Kong
That guy from Conversion World > Sludge > Kong

Yuu got your orders messed up.
#435  September 28, 2008, 07:55:42 am
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Not everything needs to be perfectly accurate but at the same time it doesn't need to be flawed and full of crap and bugs, which is what Kong's garbage is full of.

Reza > Kong
Splode > Acey > Kong

I agree with this post fully.

Splode's Juggernaut is a fine arcade conversion. If that's what you're looking for, good for you. I like creativity. For me, that's what MUGEN is about. In that case, Kong's Juggernaut is better that Splode's, and Acey's, too. Original attacks, winposes, and gameplay. He's not trying to be anal retentive and painstakingly replicate what has already been done. Neither is he trying to impress some random internet ghost with meaningless expectations. Seriously, unplug from the Matrix. Free your mind. Not everything has to be Arcade perfect. Bend the spoon...now turn it sideways...

Who are the other creators you referred to, is it SuperScott and Sunboy? Yeah, Kong's is way more creative, better AI, and is easier to play with (and more palettes).

I'm pretty sure MFG, MI, and RS are laughing their asses off right now.

Or just facepalming.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#436  September 28, 2008, 08:01:58 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
sludge is a good creator.. =\
#437  September 28, 2008, 08:06:49 am
Here we go. Opinion time.

I'm sorry but Kong's characters are not crap and I'm pretty sure Reza knows I did not insult him from a grave. I don't smoke and please don't use curse words.  >:(

And so far as I have seen, Reza is in the process of updating his Cyclops. The only one I've seen of his is a beta from 2007. Some of his attacks make the opp. disappear and the attacks are way wacky. When he comes out with the updated version, then he may be the best, but it hasn't happened yet. Kong's is more complete than Reza's at this time. Who are the other creators you referred to, is it SuperScott and Sunboy? Yeah, Kong's is way more creative, better AI, and is easier to play with (and more palettes).

BTW, SHUMA GORATH RELEASED! This one's a bit short on the creative side.
Basic Shuma I guess.

There's a difference between being original (e.g. Reu, POTS, Warusaki, etc.) than just changing the commands of a few moves while still having horrible CLSN, coding, and hitspark problems. Not to mention the dispicable damage values for some moves. Oh and please don't say that I can just go into the .cmd and .cns file and change the coding myself. That's like asking me to change a chef's recipe just because I hated the dish. It's the creator's job to do that crap (Not to mention some people don't even know how to use Fighter Factory or that it exists for that matter). That's all I'm going to say. The only thing that Kong is good for is his sprite rips. That's it. Even his Pocket Fighters have problems. They don't use the Pocket Fighting system at all and for some reason one match takes forever.

PS: Sludge is a good creator but for some reason all of his characters have horrible sound.
Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 08:11:40 am by Lord Vader
#438  September 28, 2008, 01:46:57 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
#439  September 28, 2008, 06:00:01 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#440  September 29, 2008, 05:33:34 am
Anybody here have anything to say about Shuma Gorath? I never played him, so I don't know what his basic combos and strategies are. Isn't he supposed to be bigger in the comics?

Reza > Kong
Splode > Acey > Kong

What flaws? Like if a big char has attacks that come out quickly (Juggernaut)? What is the "crap" (New moves)?What bugs besides the ones in the Special throws of certain chars (Venom, Omega Red)? Please be more specific.
Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:45:16 am by atomicbuster