YesNoOk

Fate/Grand Order (Read 2203857 times)

Started by c001357, August 10, 2015, 05:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fate/Grand Order
#121  August 23, 2015, 03:45:22 am
There's no Monster, but clearly Flauros is Beast class.
I finally rolled a Lancer Cu, I'm ready to abuse the Gae Bolg luck check as needed, if I can build his NP gauge fast enough. I have a Kaleidoscope I can give him for boss fights (I'm finally in Orléans preparing for Jeanne Alter). And damn, apparently his second skill is the same Arrow Evasion as Caster Cu (stays active forever until it has dodged 3 attacks) so I'll try to Ascend him ASAP, that thing is so OP (except when the whole trio of enemies decide to maul him all together, it vanishes in a single turn, but at least it also raises defense).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#122  August 23, 2015, 05:42:07 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Ah, I read in a different post that Monster was datamined as well, but I can't find the link at the moment. Are you sure Flauros is beast class? The multipliers don't quite fit, but I wouldn't know how else to categorize him.

It's finally taking me two 40 AP stages to level up, it's almost time to stop and focus on other dailies, 217 quartz so far, I'll start using them to farm exp cards and materials after tomorrow, I'll be happy if I reach a max of 80AP to make the most out of a quartz reload.
Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:52:46 am by S.D.
#123  August 23, 2015, 12:30:13 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Edit: Wait don't you have Lancer Cu? Gae Bolg him and you're good. If the IK doesn't activate you can probably quit the app and start your turn again.
http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3311-How-is-effect-success-rate-calculated

I do have a Lancer Cu, but the main problem is that if I can raise his NP before he's utterly destroyed by Flauros. Perhaps I should ascend him first to get him Protection of Arrows, hopefully that makes a difference. I do have Ushiwakamaru for speeding NP raise, and Cu has an essence that raises the amount of NP gained (unfortunately no "start with X NP" available to me).

Or maybe I could use Sanson, his NP is also an IK and unlike Lancer Cu he's not weak against Flauros.
#124  August 23, 2015, 11:10:10 pm
Lancer Cu Appreciation Day (AKA Three Knights EXP Daily) carried mine all the way through his first ascension on his first day. With his Arrow Evasion and his stats and an NP boost CE, he is now my main.
Also I've finally finished France. On one hand I feel like I'm really late compared to everyone, but on the other hand, the daily quests are much more important, and if you have time to waste outside the daily, you should be doing the free quests to gather up the Dragon Balls quartz and try some serious roll (if you ever hope to do a 40 roll to get real 4+* Servants...) So it makes sense IMO that the third chapter isn't coming out yet. It's been only three weeks, after all.
Well, that's only for people who don't pay their way through the game, of course. Let's not even talk about those people who have lv 80 Arturia / Altera / Heracles and final ascensions, just hope to catch one as support.

I do wonder if the dailies will stick to that format forever, though. After a while, unless you luck out on a bunch of gold EXP cards and serious high level ascension/skill up material, it stops making much of a dent in what you need, and it turns into typical farming for entire weeks nonstop (with terrible drop rates). Of course, that's pretty much the incentive to pay, but it's not really self-sustaining for a f2p...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:30:06 pm by DKDC
#125  August 23, 2015, 11:58:12 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I think somebody mentioned that you need a total of 634 or close Gold EXP cards from the same class to max out a 5* Servant from lvl.1, if you were to use only Gold EXP cards. So they most likely will leave it that way, specially since there are some mentions of Grand Ascension for some Servants, and you'll most likely have to reach their max level with all ascensions. They gotta milk the players as much as possible, and as you've seen there's some crazy dudes doing that.

I wish I was as lucky as you to draw Lancer EXP cards. For some weird reason I'm only getting useless Archer cards when I have no Archers. UUUUURGH. And that low AP regeneration doesn't help... If you leave your Lancer as main I'll be borrowing it for the fight against Flauros if you don't mind.
#126  August 24, 2015, 12:00:55 am
I received a bunch of silver Lancer EXP cards but when I didn't or when I wanted to get past one more step, I just used some silver Archer and Saber cards. I'm trying to not, but it's not like I have anyone else to give them to ATM (except freakin' Arash). I'm not using up any gold cards beside Lancer, though, just in case I ever luck out on a good Saber or Archer.
As for Lancer, I only got his instant kill against mooks, I restarted the round a bunch of times against Jeanne Alter but never got it and had to do it the hard way. It was hard.
#127  August 24, 2015, 12:02:27 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
FINALLY got enough bones to ascend Jing Ke and am faced with the harsh reality that is the ammount of exp it takes to get someone over 40 a level up,jesus.
Ah, I read in a different post that Monster was datamined as well, but I can't find the link at the moment.
Monster is a class that is exclusive to Ryougi Shiki iirc...and Since we're getting Alter Egos from CCC I wouldn't be suprised if they threw in Arc and Shiki later on.
(except freakin' Arash).
Arash seems like a cool dudebro,too bad he has shitty stats.Also no archers here either,I just wanna draw Robin Hood,his NP is pretty damn good(Big damage and a poison effect)
#128  August 24, 2015, 12:07:13 am
People talk about the Monster class because someone thought it was found in the datamining, but it never was. And in spite of crossover prospects, I'm not expecting anything from Tsukihime or Rakkyou until after all the chapters are out. We don't even know how long the "secret" ones will last for, anyway. There are those that already have all their data, then there are those that have an artwork, voice actor etc., then there are those that have nothing but a name, and I wouldn't expect characters like Ishtar or Quetzalcoatl to pop up until the very end, so anyone else not in the data would come after that, I reckon.

The only reason to have Arash is to make use of the weakness triangle (and that's only when you know you're facing a really strong Saber), he has nothing else going for him. And then he kills himself, and I don't even think the damage is scaled per his remaining life. He could be a bit better if there was a way to build it up.
But after all, there's only like 3 Archers that you can draw so far, and one is 4*, so of course it's super rare.
Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 12:11:39 am by DKDC
#129  August 24, 2015, 03:49:25 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I hope you're ready for the grind http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3286-How-much-%28servant%29-XP-do-I-need-to-level

Anyways, I'm not playing in a very effective way, I'm leveling up everyone equally since my only 4* is Saber Lily, and you can't hoard EXP cards because of the 50 slot limit.
And yeah, I'm sure Delightworks wasn't expecting people to rush through content at this speed, not getting Okeanos right away is fine with me, I can try to finally get these cubes and hoard them since I won't be using them anytime soon.
#130  August 24, 2015, 08:53:36 am
Well, you can spend a quartz to increase your Servant/EXP limit by 5, same with the CEs, up to 250 if you need.
#131  August 24, 2015, 10:18:13 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Anyways, I'm not playing in a very effective way, I'm leveling up everyone equally since my only 4* is Saber Lily, and you can't hoard EXP cards because of the 50 slot limit.
And yeah, I'm sure Delightworks wasn't expecting people to rush through content at this speed, not getting Okeanos right away is fine with me, I can try to finally get these cubes and hoard them since I won't be using them anytime soon.

I have not payed for any content, and never have refilled my AP with Quartz, and I reached the Flauros stage in less than a week. I do admit I've been lucky with the Servants draw but still, except for a few stages, the rest of them are really easy to beat. And if it's Sunday, if you combine it with the Master EXP you can even go even faster in progression. So yeah, I find it normal to beat the game that fast even without spending money. I mean, the Roma stages are so easy compared to France that until you reach Servant fights you won't even need more than 3 turns to beat one.

I suppose the reason the difficulty curve was so extreme in France with all the dragons was so people would take a lot more time to beat the game. I'm sure they weren't expecting Assassins to make the whole thing way too easy. Oh well, once I beat Flauros it will be time to ascend my Servants once and then get as many Quartz as possible from free quest stages. I don't want to overlevel myself for Okeanos honestly.

And ffs game, give me more Lancer EXP cards!!!!!
#132  August 24, 2015, 10:45:25 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Who is your support unit? Because  if you have Jeanne or a friend with a high level servant then that's a way to kinda cheat the game (Kinda)
I think they should've made friend summons once a day to avoid this, because you can exploit the friend summon in an awful way, then again we're complaining about AP reload times and with a more normalized AP recharge we could've beasted through all the maps and dailies in record time so I don't know.

And yeah you can go with Da Vinci and expand your inventory size, I wouldn't be fine with spending premium currency to keep increasing my inventory size and keep hoarding EXP cards haha, perhaps later once I land a good servant.
#133  August 24, 2015, 11:14:31 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
It's either Lvl. 45 Arturia with Limited/Over Zero (if this guy even reaches the first Ascension OMG the damage her Buster attacks will do) or another Arturia Lvl. 50 with Hollow Magic. So yeah, I suppose it's kinda cheating LOL. Charisma boost + AoE Excalibur does make things easier. Honestly, I wasn't expecting them to befriend me, which I'm kinda surprised. But hey, I'm all about exploiting the system as much as possible if they allow me, that's the least they can do with their shitty AP regen and the high AP cost for the Daily Quest (even if right now it's 1/2 AP).
#134  August 24, 2015, 02:29:31 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
It's free FP for them, that's why, I wouldn't mind free FP.

That's the deal though, they didn't plan the Friend system properly, it's so easy to abuse it and rush through the game, I started with a LV25 Jeanne and near the middle of France I got a Level 50 Vlad as support that made things mindlessly easy (As long as I keep him alive with tanks and Shielder) They really should've limited that to once per day (Like in FFRK) so you could try different people's support and whatnot. Oh well, I shouldn't complain, that helps me through Master EXP day a lot.
That is a good point though, screw the AP regen, might as well do what you can to make the most out of it. Too bad master EXP wasn't 1/2 haha, that would've been TOO GOOD.
#135  August 24, 2015, 03:21:55 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Or even easier, that you can only get as support Servants with less or equal level than your highest leveled Servant, to make it fair. I was going to say using Master XP as reference, but taking into account how easy it is to level it up with the Sunday daily, that's not really an option. Or set a max level in each scenario, and only let Servants with less or equal level than the limit appear in the list.
#136  August 24, 2015, 03:25:54 pm
Or even easier, that you can only get as support Servants with less or equal level than your highest leveled Servant, to make it fair.
Wow wow wow let's not get carried away. It would pretty much be useless once you start having more than one or two decent Servants. Support Servants are sometimes the only way to get past some particularly hard missions, especially the high level daily quests, and there would be no incentive at all to using support Servants with lower level than you have, beside the FP, but even gaining 25 a pop is pretty low, and that's assuming you actually friended them.
The most I'd imagine is something like "you don't get FP if you use a support that's much higher level than your best (except if you friended them)".
Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:30:27 pm by DKDC
#137  August 25, 2015, 08:32:19 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Still, the amount of FP is so small that it wouldn't be worth it, really.
And the Shakespeare event is up, the maps are full of Lamias(Caster) so bring Riders.

Edit: Holy shit, Leonidas' Interlude is hard as hell. I had to fight three high level servants in a row, the last one being Herakles, it was so bad I had to use command seals, not even bringing tanks, support and a Lv50 Berserker helped.
Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:50:30 am by S.D.
#138  August 25, 2015, 04:09:48 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Interlude difficulty is pure bullshit, even the 1* Servants have really hard enemies to deal. I still remember d'Eon's interlude that I saw in Youtube. Just search for it. The whole fight is really hard to beat without CS. I don't understand why they are so annoyingly hard for no reason, seriously. I can understand for EMIYA since it boosts his NP damage a lot, but for just a free Quartz they have to be that difficult?

Oh, and I just beat Flauros, had to use CS because there's no way my Servants can take three AoE in a row, specially after being hit with a debuff defense skill. Now only Attila remaining... need to wait for the CS to recharge again urgh.
#139  August 25, 2015, 04:19:30 pm
I haven't done any of the Interludes yet, but it feels to me like a way to push for every Servant ; you wouldn't take on a Servant's last boss battle if that Servant is still at level 10 or so, it's a reward for completing / mastering that Servant (although I guess a simple reward of one quartz isn't worth that). I like that principle myself, it makes sure everyone can be relevant, like you can go to a high level with anyone. And it ties to that Servant's lore too, which shows that they're not just dumping anyone they can think of, they're actually digging in the actual myth.
Speaking of interludes, I checked out the Garden of Avalon short stories the other day and they're pretty cool, I hope they're included in the relevant Interludes (Lancelot Saber, Arturia Alter Lancer with Rhongomyniad etc.)

How many times does Flauros' AoE attacks hit in one go ? If it hits each Servant only once, Lancer Cu's or Caster Cu's Arrow Evasion would be golden against it.
edit - Youtube says it hits everyone just once, so yeah, both Cus get a free pass for 3 attacks.
Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:32:34 pm by DKDC
#140  August 25, 2015, 04:56:50 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
It hits once, but since he usually attacks three times in a row Protection From Arrows only usually lasts one turn, three at most if he spams his debuff or buff skills which is definitely a bad thing since if he can easily one-shot your Servant if it has accumulated enough debuff defense. Doesn't help the fact that he can easily crit you, and that Saber, Lancer and Archer are weak against all of its attacks. And you don't really want to waste it too much since you need to take into account that his NP is impossible to survive against unless you have something that makes you take 0 damage against it.

So let's resume all the crap he does:
- Takes 1/2 damage against the knight classes and double damage (Berserker as always does 1.5x) against non-knight classes. Does double damage to knight and half to non-knight (Berserker excluded). Keep in mind that non-knight classes tend to have low HP unless you have 4-5* Servants, so they really don't last more than 2-3 turns unfortunately (and less if you get a crit).
- Its normal attack is an AoE, and has a good chance of being a critical hit. Can easily spend a whole turn spamming only this attack.
- Has a skill that debuffs one Servant defense a lot and inflicts "Flame" status, which means they lose HP each turn. This starts accumulating with the amount of damage it does, which is not good (and unlike in Extra you will die, not stay at 1HP, if they do enough damage to kill you).
- Has a buff skill that is star related. I believe it either enhances its critical damage or increases the chance to get a critical. No idea unfortunately, I died the turn he used this so I don't know what it does.
- Impossible to survive its NP, hits multiple times with absurds amount of damage. You need a null damage skill to survive.

Good luck there pal.

---------------

Edit: And so, the game has decided I suffered enough and has finally given me an Archer in the free roll, Arash, in order to deal with Attila. Which I instantly ascended because I had plenty of Archer EXP that I didn't need at all. Hopefully with the event that will come soon I can upgrade its NP to lvl. 2 and turn his suicide attack into a huge amount of damage.

Edit2: Welp, Arash lasted two turns, so much for him. But still, I beat Rome. With only needing one CS to fully heal Saber, before I was forced to eat another NP I hit Attila with a beautiful Buster Brave Combo with Excalibur too. I pitied her. Now it's time to farm all Quartz from the free stages!
Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:41:38 pm by Nanashi_1337