YesNoOk

Rocky KOF 2000 update (Read 35888 times)

Started by xxxXx, August 31, 2013, 05:39:40 pm
Share this topic:
Rocky KOF 2000 update
#1  August 31, 2013, 05:39:40 pm
Sorry for a long inactivity, but I've had some issues in real life. Anyhow time for an update!
Rocky is a full releasy, not a beta anymore!!

Rocky is KOF 2000 another striker, no other version exists (except my beta). He originally starred in Roboarmy, a Neogeo classic beatemup.

being just a striker Rocky lacked MAMY MANY sprites, so it took me a while to make him. His voice is mostly Maxima mixed in Audacity.

Updates:
actual voice
number of fixes
new intro
new special - thanks to Sky79
an ending from Robo Army - thanks to MadkaT

I'd like again to thank all the people that provided mye with suggestions! Unfortunately due to time constraints on my side, I've been unable to include many of them. Maby next release.

anyhow get him here:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/1gkEMnIM/Rocky_1.html

and his stage here (based on Roboarmy):
http://www.4shared.com/rar/3OWXjEuR/rocky_stage.html

plus some screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

as usually comments are welcome...
Re: Rocky KOF 2000 update
#2  September 01, 2013, 12:26:58 am
Congratulation, a very good job. A must have for every SNK fan.

The char play well.

There is still some little problèms (in the throw with kick, the opponement should go behind).
And a super move don't operate (I try on winmugen and mugen 1.0) : in the statedef 3110, the char disappear in the top of the screen, and the car disappear in the bottom.
#3  September 01, 2013, 02:35:19 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Good to see you're still working on this. Downloading now!
#4  September 01, 2013, 07:23:27 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
 :dio:

downloading NAO, huge thanks for this!
#5  September 01, 2013, 07:40:12 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Using God Rugal laugh for his taunt doesn´t fit at all. The work you did with his voice is pretty amazing thought, really like it :) Gameplay is nice right now.

Some aesthetics things:

- Doing QCF+P in the air looks really awkward. Seeing him suddenly in his standing state after doing that attack in the air is wrong + is impossible to do an explosion of that kind in the air.
- F, QCB+K and F, QCF+K (the anti-air grab) could use some hitsounds while the opponent hits the wall and the floor respectively.

Overall this is looking good :)
Chilling
#6  September 01, 2013, 08:37:30 am
thanks for the feedback guys!

Using God Rugal laugh for his taunt doesn´t fit at all. The work you did with his voice is pretty amazing thought, really like it :) Gameplay is nice right now.

I couldn't find anything better, suggestions?

Some aesthetics things:

- Doing QCF+P in the air looks really awkward. Seeing him suddenly in his standing state after doing that attack in the air is wrong + is impossible to do an explosion of that kind in the air.

lol at my coding... FIXED

- F, QCB+K and F, QCF+K (the anti-air grab) could use some hitsounds while the opponent hits the wall and the floor respectively.

I tried that and didn't like the result. I had to add hitsparks for this to look OK the overall effect was unimpressive...

Good to see you're still working on this. Downloading now!

thanks man :) btw your OCP logo rocks (ahh Robocop, they don't make them like this anymore)
#7  September 01, 2013, 08:49:58 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I tried that and didn't like the result. I had to add hitsparks for this to look OK the overall effect was unimpressive...

I meant an impact sound like the sound it does in the punch grab. Right now I think it is lacking that little something (the impact sound)

Regarding the laugh, maybe it shouldn´t necessarily be a laugh. What about using a sound from one of Maxima winposes?? There´s one where he crosses arms and takes a deep breath & exhaled it, maybe that could work (the exhale sound). Sadly, for another laugh sound I don´t know one that could fit right now.
Chilling
#8  September 01, 2013, 08:53:40 am

I meant an impact sound like the sound it does in the punch grab. Right now I think it is lacking that little something (the impact sound)

Regarding the laugh, maybe it shouldn´t necessarily be a laugh. What about using a sound from one of Maxima winposes?? There´s one where he crosses arms and takes a deep breath & exhaled it, maybe that could work (the exhale sound). Sadly, for another laugh sound I don´t know one that could fit right now.

part 1: I'll try something, we'll see  if the result is OK

part 2: no can do, I don't understand Japaneese, I dunno what Maxima says at all...
#9  September 01, 2013, 08:55:43 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Response to part 1: Good

Response to part 2: But is just a deep exhalation sound like one person do after taking a deep breath. Will think about a more fitting laugh anyways, there should be one.
Chilling
#10  September 01, 2013, 10:53:52 am
xxxXx

Now you can go back to the project Cyberbots and waiting for the promised new bots - Warlocks 1, 2, 3 and plus one bot
#11  September 01, 2013, 11:01:22 am
xxxXx

Now you can go back to the project Cyberbots and waiting for the promised new bots - Warlocks 1, 2, 3 and plus one bot

yeah dude its about time, but I need help. can you help me with sprite riping?
#12  September 05, 2013, 10:59:24 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Bumping cause problem:

- It should have a black background like the DM sparks do so.
- Plus this SDM lacks something, like a burnt sound or anything. Just my opinion thought.

Plus this:

And a super move don't operate (I try on winmugen and mugen 1.0) : in the statedef 3110, the char disappear in the top of the screen, and the car disappear in the bottom.

Elaborating:

This one

Chilling
Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:05:27 pm by Aldo
#13  September 06, 2013, 10:40:24 am
OK I think it's fixed. Thanks for the feedback.

Link for the new version is the same (first post).
#14  September 06, 2013, 07:53:39 pm
The attack D, F, D B, LP still not operate : rocky dispear and the explosion of the car is infinite.
#15  September 06, 2013, 08:46:34 pm
The attack D, F, D B, LP still not operate : rocky dispear and the explosion of the car is infinite.

I can't duplicate the problem :(
I've reuploaded Rocky to be sure we're using the same version.

Could you please try that again? If the error occurs again, please give me some more detail: was the move interupted (Rocky was hit etc.), what state is Rocky in while this happens, what state is the car etc.
#16  September 07, 2013, 12:24:07 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ Ok:

- Command: QCF, QCB, QCF, QCB + Heavy Punch (or Y)
- This happens
- The state is visible in the image

- BTW, the light punch variant of the same command posted above do way too much damage for a lvl 1. 318 is too much, 290 could be good.

Chilling
#17  September 07, 2013, 12:38:51 am
Ahh finally I got it :)

this:
- Command: QCF, QCB, QCF, QCB + Heavy Punch (or Y)
sends Rocky to 3110 state - this state is ment for the car not rocky

now this command is disabled and should make no more problems.

- BTW, the light punch variant of the same command posted above do way too much damage for a lvl 1. 318 is too much, 290 could be good.

you mean state 250? I based damage scaling on existing chars...

anyhow Rocky is updated yet again. thanks for the feedback dude, much appreciated :)
#18  September 07, 2013, 12:49:57 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
really nice char hope someone make him a good small port
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#19  September 07, 2013, 01:26:44 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
you mean state 250? I based damage scaling on existing chars...

anyhow Rocky is updated yet again. thanks for the feedback dude, much appreciated :)

You know... it´s pretty difficult for me to name or recognize a move by its state cause I don´t know shit about coding so that´s why I name it by its command :P I still think is too much damage thought. Is the DM that uses the 3100 to 3140 groups in the SFF, where he throws you a car.

You´re welcome

Chilling

9mb

#20  September 07, 2013, 12:28:08 pm
I hope you make him more like a robot.
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!