YesNoOk

Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet (Read 241704 times)

Started by Rabano, December 04, 2022, 11:55:03 pm
Share this topic:
Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet
#1  December 04, 2022, 11:55:03 pm
    • Argentina
Hi, I started with one of my biggest project yet, I made a "remake" of three Chuchoryu's characters, Mike, Lee and Geki, changing their sprites and adding new moves. it was easy because the base was already there, but right now Im doing something different, making a character from only one sprite, made by PrimeOp, El Gado from Final Fight.

-Victory and Intros-

-Attacks-

Im using other sprites as a base in some stuff, maybe you can notice Yamazaki and Remy in some moves, and I also want to do a mix of his moves from the original Final Fight and Final Fight Revenge.

All tips, tutorials or criticism is welcome, as you can see is a work in proggress, I have the overall movement sprites (walkin, jumping, running, guard, etc) and his standing normals.

I hope you like it, this started as just simple practice but I ended up putting to much efford in this, so I guess I can make it a full character.

Re: Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet
#2  December 05, 2022, 02:56:58 am
    • Mexico
Gran trabajo, hermano!

Te molestaría si utilizo tu recientemente liberado Lee para hacer otra versión alterna?

Saludos!!!
#3  December 05, 2022, 03:05:44 am
    • Argentina
Gran trabajo, hermano!

Te molestaría si utilizo tu recientemente liberado Lee para hacer otra versión alterna?

Saludos!!!

Por supuesto que no me molesta, al contrario, me encantaria ^^
Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 05:03:23 am by Rabano
#4  December 05, 2022, 01:09:56 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
The choice of this minor char to convert is surprising but original. It seems to me that nobody had taken it into account after PrimeOp sprites.
All the animations look pretty good. Good luck with the project.

Maybe later you'll give Holly Wood a chance.
#5  December 05, 2022, 02:48:58 pm
    • Argentina
The choice of this minor char to convert is surprising but original. It seems to me that nobody had taken it into account after PrimeOp sprites.
All the animations look pretty good. Good luck with the project.

Maybe later you'll give Holly Wood a chance.

Well Any Final fight character is welcomed, and I like El Gado, he has some potential and was a selectionable character in Final Fight Revenge.

I pick PrimeOP's char because it looks good and also I tried to make one of my own and it looked awful.
#6  December 05, 2022, 03:38:05 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
There is something weird about the light kick. I don't know fully what it is, but when he falls a bit back I think there is something that should be changed, like the face/head and/or something about the way his left shoulder (artist right) reacts. I know it's still in progress, but I figured I'd chime inn with the notion.

Also. Yes, I mentioned it before, El Gado is an interesting choice, I welcome it, and everyone that expands the Street Fighter/Final Fight universe. Soon, it's only Edi. E, Belger and Damnd left from the big bosses.

I do not see it anymore, unfortunately, but X-Boy made many sprites for the now defunct: Final Fight: Urban Chaos project from the past, and the Belger design was so good. Believe he used Dudley. There were also El Gado sprites made.

http://finalfighturbanchaos.free.fr/galerieoptimiser.html <-- The old website.

To not get too off track, I watched the Final Fight Revenge gameplay of El Gado. How will you incorporate the scorpion kick? Like a special?
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#7  December 05, 2022, 03:52:37 pm
    • Argentina
There is something weird about the light kick. I don't know fully what it is, but when he falls a bit back I think there is something that should be changed, like the face/head and/or something about the way his left shoulder (artist right) reacts. I know it's still in progress, but I figured I'd chime inn with the notion.

Also. Yes, I mentioned it before, El Gado is an interesting choice, I welcome it, and everyone that expands the Street Fighter/Final Fight universe. Soon, it's only Edi. E, Belger and Damnd left from the big bosses.

I do not see it anymore, unfortunately, but X-Boy made many sprites for the now defunct: Final Fight: Urban Chaos project from the past, and the Belger design was so good. Believe he used Dudley. There were also El Gado sprites made.

http://finalfighturbanchaos.free.fr/galerieoptimiser.html <-- The old website.

To not get too off track, I watched the Final Fight Revenge gameplay of El Gado. How will you incorporate the scorpion kick? Like a special?

That page and sprites are interesting, sadly most of them doesn't load, not sure if its because of my connection or not.

about the moveset, Im not sure if I'll be able to incorporate the Scorpion Kick or any type of "stance" movement, but Im planing to add the knife toss and that weird flying attack he and Hollywood do in the original Final Fight.
#8  December 05, 2022, 06:33:55 pm
    • Argentina
Some other sprites and animations:

--Close MK and Forward HK--

and this victory pose already done:

Now that Im thinking about it, I should give him his "scorpion stance", I just need to find out the way to code that when Im done with all of this.
#9  December 06, 2022, 08:26:34 pm
    • Argentina
Okay so I already made his normals (without shading):

--Low Punch--

--Medium Punch--

--Close Medium Punch--

--High Punch--

--Forward High Punch-- (This is a overhead)

--Low Kick--

--Medium Kick--

--Close Medium Kick--

--High Kick--

--Close High Kick-- (hit twice)

--Forward High Kick--

I didn't share them yet (except LP) because I want to hear some changed or fixes, also I need to improve some proportion issues, specially with his FWD HP.
#10  December 07, 2022, 12:40:01 am
    • Argentina
Rabanito, this is amazing. You're doing such a great job here! I'm looking forward to seeing your projects in the years to come, you're very talented ;)
#11  December 07, 2022, 03:21:01 pm
  • Wandering....
Did El Gado

have some kind of bracelet or something of a sleeve pattern on the wrist?

#12  December 07, 2022, 03:30:43 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
That's Holly Wood, not El Gado.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#13  December 07, 2022, 03:33:05 pm
    • Argentina
#14  December 07, 2022, 03:54:43 pm
    • Argentina
oh, btw, thanks for the idea of a "Alpha" palette

#15  December 07, 2022, 05:25:33 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
You have huge talent, Rabano. It's really great to see you as the part of this community.
I wish I learned as fast as you :D  Keep up the good work, sir!
#16  December 07, 2022, 08:56:09 pm
    • Argentina
You have huge talent, Rabano. It's really great to see you as the part of this community.

Thanks you a lot, Im a fan of your work ^^

Also, here's some Hurt animations:

the only one left its the Shock animation and the Cheap K.O animation.
#17  December 08, 2022, 01:21:05 am
  • Wandering....
#18  December 08, 2022, 01:33:05 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Nice progress!
I'm glad you finally got the thing about the "snap" stuff I told you bofore in attacks.
It's particularly well done in the kick animations you did there.

Good luck for completing it!

Some SNK references have been used there ? MOTW or Kof perhaps ? I'm just curious.
#19  December 08, 2022, 01:45:01 am
    • Argentina
Nice progress!
I'm glad you finally got the thing about the "snap" stuff I told you bofore in attacks.
It's particularly well done in the kick animations you did there.

Good luck for completing it!

Some SNK references have been used there ? MOTW or Kof perhaps ? I'm just curious.

I used some animation as references for his attacks, for example Yamazaki With his HK and Shen Woo with his MK
#20  December 08, 2022, 11:46:53 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it

Thanks you a lot, Im a fan of your work ^^

Also, here's some Hurt animations:

the only one left its the Shock animation and the Cheap K.O animation.

I envy you, Raban

You are able to sketch sprites in much less time than me :)

Do you use a graphic tablet with the screen?

I'd love to start making a spritesheet again, but I've run out of free time now.