YesNoOk

Fate/Grand Order (Read 2140293 times)

Started by c001357, August 10, 2015, 05:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fate/Grand Order
#941  January 24, 2016, 08:31:29 pm
Well she's got three Quick-Up, and NP up, a Master ATK up, most likely a fully broken Bloom, probably a Star or two... We've all seen those shots of Robin dealing like 5M damage with his NP too.

X second interlude
next round of the same tournament, you fight Nero. while X is rambling about cutting up a Saber with Calibur, cutting up a Saber with Calibur. Nero is pumping up the spectators (this is happening in Rome, so she has home turf advantage in popularity), X jealously says she could do the same in Britain... ? She challenges Red Saber, claiming that Blue Saber should have monopoly over the Saber market, to hell with the blacks and whites, red is the worst. She doesn't even like splitting pairs in blue and red, especially if it's for a popular crazy emperor.
Nero ".... By the way, who are you ?"
X "Diiiiieeeeee !"
During the fight, X is confident she's going to win, and... is already thinking about going to eat after that. Nero tries to rally the people's cheers, but still loses.
Nero "Oh, I remember where I've seen you before !"
X "Ah, well, it's about ti-"
Nero "Jeanne, it's you, isn't it ?"
X *Excalibur*
X "I won, Master ! Soon, I'll be the only Saber left !"
Mashu "... Senpai, shouldn't we stop her already... ?"
Third interlude in London, it's an NP up, but it requires the third ascension, I'm not there yet, don't have any EXP for her yet.

If this turns out to be the actual Artoria gone in a crazy killing spree against her many clones, this is hand down her best portrayal ever. On the other hand, seeing there's also a Heroine Z, it's more likely basically a crazy Blue Saber fan.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#942  January 24, 2016, 11:18:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, your plot summaries have been pretty fun and this has been the best artoria one.
#943  January 25, 2016, 04:04:54 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I'm even surprised she got an Interlude honestly, taking into account she's only a joke character that copies Kirito with her Noble Phantasm. I mean, Nobunaga, Caster Elizabeth and Santa Alter never got one, so why does Heroine X get one? Yeah, I know they were freebies and she's not, but still...

Poor poor Mordred, the only appearance she gets in someone else's Interlude, she's treated this bad. Nero has appeared in other Servant's Interludes and it usually shows lots of her good sides (Marie, Romulus, and I'm not sure if the same happens with Caligula).
#944  January 25, 2016, 09:36:34 pm
yeah, your plot summaries have been pretty fun and this has been the best artoria one.

So it wasn't that difficult after all to reach lv70 with a few 40AP EXP missions and all 100 3* EXP from the shop.
X Interlude 3
in Southwark, London
Announcing the grand finale of the Saber THE Saber tournament in Britain, in a mysterious old castle (Mashu "it is ancient, but I don't know about mysterious...") X says of course the finale would have to be held in Britain holy ground. Arturia is the final opponent. "Hum, excuse me, I've been dragged here, but what is this exactly, anyway ?" X says this day has finally come, they're like the two sides of a coin, light and dark - but she has to surpass her. (your options are "no but, isn't this Saber... you ?" and "let's go, Blue Sab- I mean, Heroine X !" first option gets Mashu to tell you to drop it already) X calls herself the ultimate Saber. It's scary to mess with parallel worlds and causality and crumbling time-space, but let's get to it ! Arturia is surprised to feel those eyes stare right through her (she might be talking about having *her own eyes* stare right through her, I'm not sure, the wording could be either), but she can't let this Saber loose in the world. She doesn't really get it, but it's for her (Arturia's) own good too.
During the fight, Arturia notices a dark aura on X and wonders what pushed her so far. X says Arturia can't understand the fear of her own face multiplying like that. (Roman "no, I think it's pretty easy to get...") Arturia thinks she has to seal her here or her own image will be in trouble. She calls for the planet to release her holy sword, to give her the power to wipe out this strange self (as in, wipe that "me" over there). X calls for her holy sword to destroy all Sabers.
Arturia loses, despite being having home ground advantage and everything maxed out. "Hey, Mashu, say something." "Me ? Oh, Congratulation, Artu- I mean, Mysterious Heroine X !" X is happy to have defeated and surpassed all Sabers, and finally a true Grail War for Saber can start (what ?) ... Altera, d'Eon, Caesar pop up and congratulate her.
Scene change to a camp in the forest.
"... -san.  ... -ber-san, I mean, Mysterious Heroine X !"
X "By the way, I don't know if you've noticed, but I actually am Arthu- what !!?" (yes, Arthur, not Arturia)
Mashu "dinner's ready, please wake up."
X "Wait, that was a dream ??"
Oh fuck you :P
Sooo.... Basically just a long running gag about X being really Arturia in disguise but everyone seeing through it - except it was all a dream. Eh, whatever.

I'm leaning toward X being a crazed fangirl at the core and just dreaming that she was the real Arturia. Z's existence wouldn't make much sense if X was the original one. But hey, NP upgrade. Oh damn, EX rank ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:54:26 pm by DKDC
#945  January 25, 2016, 11:33:52 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I was expecting lancer artoria to somehow appear in the end and defeat both sabers with her two big weapons.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#946  January 26, 2016, 12:31:41 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I sure hope FGO Materials explain why she has those big weapons when technically she had that lance even after having Excalibur (and she killed Mordred with it, so it was possible to easily explain why she can be summoned as a Lancer). Making me accept that she's a different Artoria that never got the sword is stretching it a bit too far, specially since no Excalibur, no King of Knights.

And so, in the end Heroine X interlude ends up being a dream. Not the only one that has pulled off the "It was all a dream" explanation for some of the Servant's interludes, and really, it shouldn't be used at all.
#947  January 26, 2016, 04:18:58 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
afaik, it's because avalon stops her from growing, which contradicts what we know about shiro, so maybe it's teh avalon excalibur combo?
#948  January 26, 2016, 09:18:54 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Yeah, Avalon's the one that stops her from growing, but Avalon is precisely the sheath of Excalibur. Without the sword, why would she even have its sheath? Sure, it was stolen, but since the Grail summons the Servants at their prime age, and at her prime age she was young because of Avalon's effect... well, she should have been summoned with the same body she has as Saber class.

Plus, while I do know that the Servants are separated from time flow, which is the reason EMIYA can be summoned, I don't recall that it's possible to summon versions from paralel worlds where things went different. Even the characters from Prototype have basically the same or similar story as their FSN counterparts, and it's easier to accept that there can be different versions of it (I mean we even have Da Vinci as female form, and while laughable it does make a bit of sense that it's possible). But in this case... I mean, it's basically Excalibur / No Excalibur, which is a huge difference that you can't just ignore.

But yeah, I know, it's a Mobage, and in the end they will just make anything in order to make people buy more. It's just that... well, I expected them to try to be as much accurate as they could with the Fate lore, while still making more money. Some Servants do have the potential for another game after all.
#949  January 26, 2016, 11:38:50 am
Extra showed that the "observer" needs to observe all possibilities (and it keeps trying to hint that the Mooncell is as good as the Throne and vice versa but they're still not the same thing guys). Also, Emiya already proves that, Shirou isn't becoming a CG in any of the vn routes and yet here's Emiya. So yes, alt universe and alt timeline forms are possible.

As for Da Vinci, she explicitly says she painted her ideal beauty therefore she gets to be summoned like that because fuck you all, I can do that if I want to, I'm mufuggin' Da Vinci. As in presumably she was a man in her real life. (He was most likely gay in real hiistory anyway so it works out)
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:42:18 am by DKDC
#950  January 26, 2016, 01:10:49 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The EMIYA problem (basically, EMIYA never encountered a Servant EMIYA in his life) is something that I don't think we should see as a paralel world, even though it obviously is. At least I don't think they hinted it this way, every time they mention that part in Fate Stay Night it seems like they don't treat summoning Servants of the future as another paralel world for the Servant, but rather just changing the past.

Still, we have the same problem, Artoria only becomes a legend and king by obtaining Excalibur. Also, without Excalibur, I'm pretty sure they can't beat that dragon that was mentioned in her past, can't remember its name now, with only the lance.
#951  January 26, 2016, 01:25:17 pm
The dragon in Garden of Avalon is Vortigern, and she did kill it with the lance, I think. It even nearly extinguished both Excalibur and Galatine (because that's what it does, extinguish stuff)

Emiya didn't change the past, he had no hand in getting summoned, Rin's pendant did (as in the one in her hand at the time, not the one Emiya kept). And it picked him from the future (rather than Emiya making his move to the past, if you catch the difference) (or rather, from the throne, which doesn't have a past or future) - except Shirou doesn't become a CG in that future, ergo it picked him from an alternate timeline. Emiya exists in the throne, the vn is a timeline that doesn't lead to him, it can't be anything else.
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:30:49 pm by DKDC
#952  January 26, 2016, 05:22:05 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yeah, Avalon's the one that stops her from growing, but Avalon is precisely the sheath of Excalibur. Without the sword, why would she even have its sheath?

yeah, it's backwards, avalon is the one that stops her from growing, by not getting the sword/sheat, she can grow and grow breasts; avalon means she's stuck at a younger age, like vampires.
#953  January 26, 2016, 09:29:02 pm
  • Half-Dead Shinzaki
  • Meme Machine
    • USA
    • mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/24324-our-works-directory/
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:41:12 pm by KaiserHero
#954  January 26, 2016, 09:42:18 pm
? They're carrying out the first user survey, as in, there is *going to* be a survey.
#955  January 27, 2016, 10:23:18 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
#956  January 27, 2016, 11:48:50 am
Favorite fate game
Why does this not have unlimited code (other than through the "others" box)
(Make sure you put sangoku/sengoku musou series for collab)
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:14:53 pm by DKDC
#957  January 27, 2016, 06:38:00 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Prisma Illya isn't there either. But yeah I was going to pick F:UC too.
#958  January 27, 2016, 06:42:12 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
It took some time dammit but I finally farmed enough Horseshoes out of the lvl 60 to fully ascend  Altera

Now comes the maddening moment where I decide whether to keep going for all the riders that need it
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#959  January 27, 2016, 11:29:51 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I'm sorry guys, but as much as I like Fate/Unlimited Codes, I voted the original F/SN novel as the winner. With the Realta Nua version, it gained so much with voice and the new BGM that it just wins against everything.

As for anime, it was a hard pick between Zero or Unlimited CodesUnlimited Blade Works, but in the end I prefered Zero a lot more.

Edit: Corrected the anime I mentioned.
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:55:37 pm by Nanashi_1337
#960  January 27, 2016, 11:53:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
if by unlimited codes you mean unlimited blde works, zero is better, in ubw they just got so lost at some points that it seemed they had forgotten they ahd already animated some scenes/dialogues and made them again.